20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 297.
#3501 5 years ago

Thank you Joe at Pinballstar for the great service!

#3502 5 years ago

Received a ship notice today. Don’t have tracking just yet, but I’m guessing mid-next week. I’m looking forward to it.

I’m running out of room for pins though, and I don’t think the HOA is going to let me build a new structure. Pinball problems.

#3503 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well, this happened:
Second or third time I hit the trunk, this metal bracket crashed down onto the PF! I think it covers the LED strip in the backboard, but I can’t figure out how to reattach it. Help!

Happened to me also

#3504 5 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Happened to me also

When mine was delivered the cover was off. Double side tape works great or rail tape if you have it

#3505 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Just repeating this since there seems to be some confusion. This is a product that Cliffy is making and he will be selling. Because of requests from many of you, we have been working with him by providing him a playfield and then checking what he has made to make sure it is going to fit correctly. There are NO plans to provide these from the factory or to include them.

theresachance (resized).jpgtheresachance (resized).jpg

#3506 5 years ago

Limited amount of Nib Houdini’s with side art available at Abel Electronics. PM if interested for details.

#3507 5 years ago

Game still rules. I wouldn't complain about a bit of polish on the light show (a la LEDOCD type slow-fade-in lamp control) but having a blast... Catapult missed 2nd time it launched... and not since. Bad. ass.

#3508 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Game still rules. I wouldn't complain about a bit of polish on the light show (a la LEDOCD type slow-fade-in lamp control) but having a blast... Catapult missed 2nd time it launched... and not since. Bad. ass.

Aerosmith could take some ball launch consistency tips from Houdini, for sure.

#3509 5 years ago

Finally broke a million. I've had the game a few weeks but have only played maybe 40 games or so. Getting used to the shots and played well tonight. First and last game of the evening. Felt good to get 36,000 bonuses!

IMG_1273 (resized).JPGIMG_1273 (resized).JPG

#3510 5 years ago

Haha had my longest game last night as well

20180503_174723 (resized).jpg20180503_174723 (resized).jpg

#3511 5 years ago

Houdini at Yegpin in Edmonton Alberta ...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#3512 5 years ago

Some new code is now available to enhance your weekend.

Did identify a cause of the 'unexpected multiball' issue that a few people were still getting. Hopefully this kills off this issue for the folks still running into it, time will tell.

As always, if you run into issues let me know,

Josh

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

New — pops will now pause timers, except the milkcan multiplier. It will also not pause if the current stage mode is handcuff escape or needle trick or if a multiball is active
Modified — the timing of the check on balls being released from subway that confirms release. On some machines the time this was taking longer than expected and could result in a second ball being put into play.
Modified — animations and lightshow behavior for curtain opening/closing for stage modes
Modified — timing of stage action on water torture on successful completion
Fixed — race condition at end of elephant if ball snuck into the stage after timer ran out and the ball would not be put back into play right away.
Fixed — issue where if you had ramps, but nonconsecutive and no loops the ramp bonus at end of ball would show a consecutive ramp number of 0 and not award the points. Also depending on sequencing ramp max count could be impacted by loop max count.
Fixed — stage curtain not opening right away when earned -- if another stage mode had recently ended and a movie was also ready to start.
Fixed — if you earned 5X bonus on skill shot, and if you had hold bonus multiplier on previous ball and the new multiplier value exceeded the threshold for an extra ball it was not awarding it.

#3513 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Great news. A friend is driving back from Allentown with his new Houdini pin right now. They'll be setting it up tonight. I sent him a copy of your post to make his weekend even better.

LTG : )

#3514 5 years ago

Played a couple games of H at Pinfest today. Had a much better experience than when I tried it last year. No trouble hitting the shots and was able to load the tunk, unlike the first time I played it. I don’t own any pins and don’t get to play all that often, so I’m not a very skilled player. Really let me get into the game and enjoy the experience so much more. Big thumbs up from me.

#3515 5 years ago

Had my longest game yet tonight, but still a few letters away from spelling Houdini.

BA075826-D430-40D6-BF54-9046F8F8A8AF (resized).jpegBA075826-D430-40D6-BF54-9046F8F8A8AF (resized).jpeg

#3516 5 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Had my longest game yet tonight, but still a few letters away from spelling Houdini.

On the new 5.4 software?

#3517 5 years ago

Has Rosh posted the brand new code yet?

#3519 5 years ago

And look what magically appears at my home. A new in box Houdini from American Pinball. Talk about customer service. Thank you Joe And Barry for personally coming over to set up this stunning game.

1BD43C7B-01D8-40A2-AE2A-9F2DABFD9A5E (resized).jpeg1BD43C7B-01D8-40A2-AE2A-9F2DABFD9A5E (resized).jpeg

564D19DE-FB34-4850-9FFE-7AD0C34FF05A (resized).jpeg564D19DE-FB34-4850-9FFE-7AD0C34FF05A (resized).jpeg

747D431F-E189-44AD-9B53-D7E0337948BA (resized).jpeg747D431F-E189-44AD-9B53-D7E0337948BA (resized).jpeg

F2CA1A6E-0566-411B-A231-5D1E8C21AF8A (resized).jpegF2CA1A6E-0566-411B-A231-5D1E8C21AF8A (resized).jpeg

573A61E9-742E-44C4-BE51-C89B7DA14916 (resized).jpeg573A61E9-742E-44C4-BE51-C89B7DA14916 (resized).jpeg

60788B6C-B030-4E5A-847B-1DE5E0BC1316 (resized).jpeg60788B6C-B030-4E5A-847B-1DE5E0BC1316 (resized).jpeg

#3520 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On the new 5.4 software?

Yes, but the first dozen or so games on the new code were all under 500k.

#3521 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

And look what magically appears at my home. A new in box Houdini from American Pinball. Talk about customer service. Thank you Joe And Barry for personally coming over to set up this stunning game.

Barry and Joe set it up for you? That’s awesome! Congratulations on your new game you’ll love it.

#3522 5 years ago

Well,hopefully,JJ at GEX will be contacting me soon!!!Hard waiting and watching you guys rip it up

#3523 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Thank you Joe And Barry for personally coming over to set up this stunning game.

Talk about white glove service

#3524 5 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

VERY nice score my friend!

#3525 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Talk about white glove service

Wow, Ill say. I dont see this option at check out to add to cart. American pinball continues to step it up a notch.

#3526 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Well,hopefully,JJ at GEX will be contacting me soon!!!Hard waiting and watching you guys rip it up

JJ will hook you up soon. Call him and have him delivery and set up before Golden State pinball show.

#3527 5 years ago

I think i found a bug. At the end of return from beyond i hit the very last stand up target with my last flip. It still killed the power to the flippers even though it registered the hit on target. I havent taken the glass off to validae this but wanted to post this.

#3528 5 years ago

Update help - just tried to install the new 5.4.18 code, and the game doesn't seem to be detecting it. Do I need to make sure that is the ONLY file on the USB? Also, the game said that it had automatically copied the settings and audits to the USB, but I don't think it did; probably just the wrong screen to show at the time

#3529 5 years ago

There can be other things on the usb stick. It must be named exactly as it was downloaded and not in a folder.

It will always copy off logs and settings whether a code update is on it or not.

#3530 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Did identify a cause of the 'unexpected multiball' issue that a few people were still getting. Hopefully this kills off this issue for the folks still running into it, time will tell.
Josh
New — pops will now pause timers, except the milkcan multiplier. It will also not pause if the current stage mode is handcuff escape or needle trick or if a multiball is active
Modified — the timing of the check on balls being released from subway that confirms release. On some machines the time this was taking longer than expected and could result in a second ball being put into play.
Modified — animations and lightshow behavior for curtain opening/closing for stage modes
Fixed — race condition at end of elephant if ball snuck into the stage after timer ran out and the ball would not be put back into play right away.
Fixed — issue where if you had ramps, but nonconsecutive and no loops the ramp bonus at end of ball would show a consecutive ramp number of 0 and not award the points. Also depending on sequencing ramp max count could be impacted by loop max count.
Fixed — stage curtain not opening right away when earned -- if another stage mode had recently ended and a movie was also ready to start.
Fixed — if you earned 5X bonus on skill shot, and if you had hold bonus multiplier on previous ball and the new multiplier value exceeded the threshold for an extra ball it was not awarding it.

Can you post code updates on the American Pinball Facebook page so I can share to 3 of my main groups I am in? There are a few in those groups who own Houdini games. Thank you.

#3531 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Josh

Seems to have fixed the mystery multiballs! Does Seance mode supposed to be MB? If so, would be great if it was announced at the start IMO.

#3532 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

There can be other things on the usb stick. It must be named exactly as it was downloaded and not in a folder.
It will always copy off logs and settings whether a code update is on it or not.

Thanks for clarifying, Josh! I’ll try another stick and double check the download wasn’t corrupted

#3533 5 years ago

New update is great. It has improved phantom ball locks. Love it.

#3534 5 years ago

Set gc at Allentown

IMG_1159 (resized).JPGIMG_1159 (resized).JPG

#3535 5 years ago

I have a switch error showing as red for trunk. Not trunk lid. How do I test this ?tried sticking my hand in trunk and no luck.

#3536 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I have a switch error showing as red for trunk. Not trunk lid. How do I test this ?tried sticking my hand in trunk and no luck.

There's a diverter under the trunk that dictates where the ball goes. Is there an opto or physical switch on the underside of the PF for that? (Not sure, I haven't looked closely back there).

#3537 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Its an opto in the subway, so tricky to test, manually hold the diverter then drop the ball down into the subway. It not registering, check to see if either side of the opto has popped out of its bracket

#3538 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Its an opto in the subway, so tricky to test, manually hold the diverter then drop the ball down into the subway. It not registering, check to see if either side of the opto has popped out of its bracket

You can't just slide a piece of paper or business card between the opto and the channel while in switch test mode? That's what I usually do.

#3539 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can't just slide a piece of paper or business card between the opto and the channel while in switch test mode? That's what I usually do.

I could swipe my finger through it.

#3540 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I could swipe my finger through it.

Not knowing where the opto was, I assumed that would be hard if it's inside the subway pressed against the underside of the PF. I know for the ones by the scoop on the right using paper to trigger them is easiest.

#3541 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not knowing where the opto was, I assumed that would be hard if it's inside the subway pressed against the underside of the PF. I know for the ones by the scoop on the right using paper to trigger them is easiest.

Your way is good to. There is a good air gap between subway and playfield. Opto is about 4 inches down hill from the trunk hole and divertor.

#3542 5 years ago

I was able to test it successfully but somehow in process the decal with instructions has two knicks on the left side. Is it possible for me to get a new one from you locally ?

#3543 5 years ago

Have another issue when scoop coil fires it keeps firing even in coil test mode. Does not stop firing when testing it or fires like ten tiles instead of once.

#3544 5 years ago

Here's the replay of the Houdini stream with the latest code, if you missed it. The game played great and that trunk toy is so cool. Thanks Josh for hanging out and answering questions!

#3545 5 years ago

Houdini is coming to dinner at my place this Wednesday.

#3546 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Have another issue when scoop coil fires it keeps firing even in coil test mode. Does not stop firing when testing it or fires like ten tiles instead of once.

Gonjnto swir h test and Check the switches/opto in the subway near the scoop (rightlock3,2,1)and also check the switch in the scoop

#3547 5 years ago

Scored about 30% better with the new code and flow is improved. Now wheres that shaker motor!

#3548 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Gonjnto swir h test and Check the switches/opto in the subway near the scoop (rightlock3,2,1)and also check the switch in the scoop

Is this really a factor in coil test mode ? Shouldn’t it just fire once there regardless ?

#3549 5 years ago

It would if in coil settings but I don’t think it should in coil test.

#3550 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

It would if in coil settings but I don’t think it should in coil test.

Yea happens in coil test

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/71?hl=genjuro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.