20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 297.
#3351 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Perhaps more time taking care of your 2 EMs and your MMRr would be a better way to go!

No time, about to introduce PinRemote™ I made a note to stop posting possibly controversial stuff here, then ignored it. BAD BOY, no Scooby Snacks for you.

I do have my own surface mount line, ya know

#3352 5 years ago

Sorry for being somewhat off-topic, but the last time I checked I owned an EM, a SS and a Beagleboner.

Gotta buy some more but the industry is in flux right now and I don't care for the Iron Maiden theme.

#3353 5 years ago

Thankfully all I see is ignored user for the above 2 posts.

Ignore is a wonderful thing at times.

#3354 5 years ago

Posting is not ignoring BTW

I think I'll hold out for Big Lebowski or CGC BBB, no brainers to buy those.

Back to work

#3355 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

but the last time I checked I owned an EM, a SS and a Beagleboner.

thats what she said (resized).jpgthats what she said (resized).jpg

#3356 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

ankfully all I see is ignored user for the above 2 posts.
I

Thanks for the tip ....going to do the same !

#3357 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Thankfully all I see is ignored user for the above 2 posts.

"Poof annoyance gone"
Thanks again

#3358 5 years ago

Just wanted to post a few pics and video of our new Houdini topper. It features 2 levels and glowing, pulsating and color changing eyes. Houdini is a really unique looking game and I wanted to make a design that really accented the artwork properly....

6BB675C5-418E-4AB6-958B-EC7B94B7846D (resized).jpeg6BB675C5-418E-4AB6-958B-EC7B94B7846D (resized).jpeg

C9FCAA1F-79B9-4B07-AE3F-004720A7AB61 (resized).jpegC9FCAA1F-79B9-4B07-AE3F-004720A7AB61 (resized).jpeg

08B8E8B7-8947-453B-811E-D20044C3443A (resized).jpeg08B8E8B7-8947-453B-811E-D20044C3443A (resized).jpeg

#3359 5 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

I wanted to make a design that really accented the artwork properly....

Actually all of Dan's designs are quite spectacular, great addition to the game!
Ordered one this morning and eagerly awaiting its arrival!

#3360 5 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

Just wanted to post a few pics and video of our new Houdini topper. It features 2 levels and glowing, pulsating and color changing eyes. Houdini is a really unique looking game and I wanted to make a design that really accented the artwork properly....
» YouTube video

Paid and I'm in! Great work Dan!!!

#3361 5 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

» YouTube video

This is really great and amazing but I think the curtain above his head looks like clown hair.

#3363 5 years ago

Pincades - Authorized American Pinball Distributor will be selling Houdini's & will have Show games @ Pinfest May 4th and 5th 2018
Stop by and see us for a free gift.

MAGIC GLASS AVAIALBLE
PRE OREDER FOR THE SHOW
$295.00 Each.

LMK what how many you need!! Prior to Next Tuesday May 1st.
I ll bring to the show.

One again I will have a little room available if someone needs some thing from Chicago to Pinfest..

Pincades
219-924-PINS(7467) Calls
219-808-6063 Text of Calls

Jesse T

#3364 5 years ago
Quoted from Habeboo:

» YouTube video

That is really awesome! I love the colors. Where do I order one?

Now can you get Houdini's eyes to follow me as I walk around the room?

#3365 5 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

That is really awesome! I love the colors. Where do I order one?

Email Dan at:
[email protected]

#3366 5 years ago

Our Houdini shirts are now available on our web site

https://store.american-pinball.com/

$25 + Shipping

left sling shot girl (resized).jpgleft sling shot girl (resized).jpg

Monkey (resized).jpgMonkey (resized).jpg

Right sling shot girl (resized).jpgRight sling shot girl (resized).jpg

#3367 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Our Houdini shirts are now available on our web site
https://store.american-pinball.com/
$25 + Shipping

Very cool designs, Barry - I like the monkey one especially. But is there a reason the Houdini shirts don’t feature an image of you know... Houdini?

#3368 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Very cool designs, Barry - I like the monkey one especially. But is there a reason the Houdini shirts don’t feature an image of you know... Houdini?

Good question for the person who.....designed them.

My guess is, the ladies are easier to look at and the monkey is just fun!

#3369 5 years ago

...and you get to tell the story of what the monkey has to do with Houdini when someone asks you!

Quoted from BarryJ:

#3370 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

and you get to tell the story of what the monkey has to do with Houdini when someone asks you!

Nothing like a monkey gland replacement to brighten your day.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : That just sold out the remaining stock of monkey shirts.

#3371 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

But is there a reason the Houdini shirts don’t feature an image of you know... Houdini?

We had some with Houdini but those are all gone, I'm sure they will make more.

The monkey version has been quite popular.

#3372 5 years ago

Hey all, just got my Houdini today, it's Dead on Arrival, I'm sure it's something simple but does anybody have some simple things to check first? Thanks much

#3373 5 years ago
Quoted from jesselee72:

I'm sure it's something simple but does anybody have some simple things to check first?

Plug something into the service out light ( a light or something ) see if you have power that far. If not unplug the game, then check if the outlet is good, power cord into the game is in tight, open up metal box over on/off switch area see if any connectors came off.

If you have power at the service outlet. Then follow along the bottom of the cabinet to the boards and look for any connector off, loose, or wire in a connector loose.

I don't know if Rosh or Barry will see this tonight, if you haven't please open a ticket on the support desk :

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

Disclaimer : Beautiful game. They'll get you going so you can enjoy it.

#3374 5 years ago
Quoted from jesselee72:

Hey all, just got my Houdini today, it's Dead on Arrival, I'm sure it's something simple but does anybody have some simple things to check first? Thanks much

When you turn on power nothing happens? Do lights turn on, on the playfield ? Anything happen at all on the displays?

#3375 5 years ago
Quoted from jesselee72:

To add to LTG.
See if the black power cord fits securly to back of cabinet.
There is also a fuse at power box inside coin door. Check and see if it is firmly connected, twisted in, clockwise.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3376 5 years ago

FIXED...simple like I expected, main fuse came loose in power supply... thank you all for the assistance.!

#3377 5 years ago

Looking forward to more game time this weekend, but after arrival Tuesday, have made minor adjustments on coils to dial in, but working well and after 15/16 games this week now, cracked the million mark tonight.

One minor error to report for future code unless it was a one-time glitch — a couple balls were in play and had a ball lock in the theatre just as I lost the other ball with escape ball save feature lit, but never got new ball to launch and the ball in theatre just stayed there as timer counted down to zero. I’m running the April code update.

One other is that it seems that sometimes if I have the right flipper help up and the ball hits it coming down with any speed it knocks the flipper down.

Thanks and fun to see some of the new stuff on the game - inverted reverse flippers is gonna take some work!

46362673-D02F-45CE-BDE5-53E202526DD1 (resized).jpeg46362673-D02F-45CE-BDE5-53E202526DD1 (resized).jpeg

#3378 5 years ago

I have enjoyed the playing and testing the two games that are presently being burned in and tested in the shop for identification for needs of bulletproofing prior to routing.

There seems to be some more switch adjustments needed, and more protectors needed as aftermarket for some of the brickshot airballs to protect plastics. Latest software was an improvement, but there still is a lagginess in the lightshow effects, and unknown lost balls underneath the playfield cause undetermined. LCD integration and effects were well done. The proprietary use of non-lugged coils and Molex exclusive connectors was not perfectly received from an operator standpoint. Durability of some of the PCBs, made pause on future cold solder joints potential due to game vibration.

Plenty of other observations are being recorded for AP first "true" pinball title.

Keep flipping.

#3379 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Hahah

#3380 5 years ago

After tweaking and dialing in the shots I’m starting to perform much better on the game. Still have a lot of work to go to reach the wizard modes though.

I’ve been able to complete the milkcan mode several times in the last few days, which is a first since I got the game a couple weeks ago. Finishing that mode gives you 4x playfield!

BA7C0148-BB20-4453-8E8C-827DD69719C3 (resized).jpegBA7C0148-BB20-4453-8E8C-827DD69719C3 (resized).jpeg

#3381 5 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Still have a lot of work to go to reach the wizard modes though.

Great score! I’m not even close to that level yet. Has anyone gotten to a wizard mode yet?

#3382 5 years ago

I like that he shows you how long you played to get the high score. Neat!

After tweaking and dialing in the shots I’m starting to perform much better on the game. Still have a lot of work to go to reach the wizard modes though.
I’ve been able to complete the milkcan mode several times in the last few days, which is a first since I got the game a couple weeks ago. Finishing that mode gives you 4x playfield!

#3383 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I like that he shows you how long you played to get the high score. Neat!

Yeah, it's an option in the setting I have turned on too.

#3384 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Has anyone gotten to a wizard mode yet?

Two of the mini-magician modes are in there and I'm working on the last mini and the Master Magian mode. Have not heard of anyone making it to the Houdini Movie Binge or the Great Jail Escape. Someone was one shot away from starting Great Jail Escape at MGC. Both are certainly attainable, but for most of us you would need to be heavily focused on getting to it, in order to move through all five movies or escapes. If you have had the game for a while, give that try one night, just focus on starting movies or just focus on escapes and see how far you can get. If using default settings, you get an extra ball when you complete 3 escapes or play 3 movie modes, so that helps you on that journey.

#3385 5 years ago

Inbox__45_706_messages__4_167_unread_ (resized).pngInbox__45_706_messages__4_167_unread_ (resized).png

https://twitter.com/ActuallyNPH/status/989222564416245760

27 Million followers saying 'they still make pinball machines'

#3386 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Here is the other side of the amp..Covered by the monitor and were a powered sub would be connected.

When hooking up a sub do I use the two bottom black terminals? That looks like L and R negative, is that correct?

c3b737e6bb0ce6dc6a4608619d7b465f45418f1c (resized).jpgc3b737e6bb0ce6dc6a4608619d7b465f45418f1c (resized).jpg

#3387 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

When hooking up a sub do I use the two bottom black terminals? That looks like L and R negative, is that correct?

Tom's Hardware has a picture that is wrong.

#3388 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tom's Hardware has a picture to help you.

As always LTG, you are the fastest and best tech support for anything. Can’t thank you enough for all the times you have helped.

Pictures for those that might help. Plus, I can hook my GOTG to the other input on the Sub and have them both rocking!

UPDATE: Not working with this configuration. Not sure if it's the sub settings or what. Zero sound out of the sub. Going to try and tap into GOTG Sub wires and goto the other line input on the Sub and see if I get bass.

UPDATE: You need to use the bottom speaker jacks red and black on either side left or right. Not the two middle - terminals.
I'm rocking now though!

F081116B-832E-4655-9D9F-595316C4A7CE (resized).jpegF081116B-832E-4655-9D9F-595316C4A7CE (resized).jpeg
259CF3C2-D1AE-4597-A13F-F83F058BC8A8 (resized).jpeg259CF3C2-D1AE-4597-A13F-F83F058BC8A8 (resized).jpeg
668291A9-DF1F-4CFC-87B6-6E5B0B09BE3B (resized).jpeg668291A9-DF1F-4CFC-87B6-6E5B0B09BE3B (resized).jpeg

#3389 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

As always LTG, you are the fastest and best tech support for anything. Can’t thank you enough for all the times you have helped.
Pictures for those that might help. Plus, I can hook my GOTG to the other input on the Sub and have them both rocking!
UPDATE: Not working with this configuration. Not sure if it's the sub settings or what. Zero sound out of the sub. Going to try and tap into GOTG Sub wires and goto the other line input on the Sub and see if I get bass.

Using the same Sub, I used the red and black under the R side and it works fine

#3390 5 years ago
Quoted from cwales:

Using the same Sub, I used the red and black under the R side and it works fine

Yes, 1 red (+)and 1 black (-) for the wires. Probably the pair on either side of the lower fittings.

but not the middle 2 black (minus) wires by themselves.

#3391 5 years ago

Any tips on how to consistently hit the milkcan loop?

#3392 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tom's Hardware has a picture to help you.

Can not use (-) and (-)

Need (+) and (-)...pick a side, doesn't matter cause the sub is mono.

#3393 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

It took some practice to get better at hitting it, but I still can't finish it every time. I always get one of the three shots with the magic target.

#3394 5 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

lagginess in the lightshow effects,

Can you define "Lagginess"?

The proprietary use of non-lugged coils and Molex exclusive connectors was not perfectly received from an operator standpoint.

What don't you like? Easy to replace and if you don't have one with the molex, easy enough to cut the wires right at the coil and solder those to the lugs of a new coil.

Finishing that mode gives you 4x playfield!

Finishing that mode is worth a lot of points, and sets you up with the 4X, so if you can quickly start a mode mode or multiball . .

You can always increase the playfield multiplier by shooting the milkcan, ramp combo. A fast second shot to the ramp can up it two steps.

#3395 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

milkcan01 (resized).jpgmilkcan01 (resized).jpg

#3396 5 years ago

I have enjoyed the playing and testing the two games that are presently being burned in and tested in the shop for identification for needs of bulletproofing prior to routing.
There seems to be some more switch adjustments needed, and more protectors needed as aftermarket for some of the brickshot airballs to protect plastics. Latest software was an improvement, but there still is a lagginess in the lightshow effects, and unknown lost balls underneath the playfield cause undetermined. LCD integration and effects were well done. The proprietary use of non-lugged coils and Molex exclusive connectors was not perfectly received from an operator standpoint. Durability of some of the PCBs, made pause on future cold solder joints potential due to game vibration.
Plenty of other observations are being recorded for AP first "true" pinball title.
Keep flipping.

Feel free to call me with any problems

833-API-HELP

#3397 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Can not use (-) and (-)
Need (+) and (-)...pick a side, doesn't matter cause the sub is mono.

Got it, thanks for all the help guys!

EDIT: What a difference adding the Polk sub makes. The whole sound experience is so much better! Had to do some dialing in with the amp bass and cross over knobs but I have it working nicely, fills the room without being too much rumble.

#3398 5 years ago

The polk 10" powered subwoofer is a nice upgrade.

#3399 5 years ago

Finally received my games and So worth the wait! Both worked great and nothing but Praise to the Entire API team for an amazing game all around. From packing to QC every detail was spot on for both! Thank you Joe, Josh, Barry, Jeff and Everyone the worked their butts off to make this wonderful game a reality. Have a few minor adjustments to make for my personal preferences but I can't thank everyone enough. Your hearts and efforts show clearly in every detail. A special shout out to Joe and PinballStar for listening to my every call and text at All hours for his great support, honest commitment, and true passion for pinball. While the distribution order and disbursement seemed almost comical he stood by my side committed to getting this across the line. Hopefully for the Long Productive future facing API these kinks of flow and marketing will be corrected. If I didn't have Joes shoulder to cry on and punch I would have Certainly moved on to other options. Don't worry Joe, I'll still call to harass you for funzies!

IMG_1040 (resized).jpgIMG_1040 (resized).jpg
IMG_1044 (resized).jpgIMG_1044 (resized).jpg

#3400 5 years ago

Mod couple...( Got it right this time)
Congrats on your new game.
What numbered machines did you get?
Think I see Hou1208? And?...
Wow....So amazing American Pinball!
Do i count 100 machines shipped in April?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 14,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.