Topic Stats

• 8,517 posts
  • 525 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Platypus
  • Topic is favorited by 142 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,180 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B50F841E-E889-43F0-93C7-0C4CBECEF72F (resized).jpeg
Houdini rd (resized).jpg
B0A59720-3109-4366-A958-89734AE22441 (resized).jpeg
20190315_155922 (resized).jpg
20190315_030211 (resized).jpg
20190315_030253 (resized).jpg
20190220_220353 (resized).jpg
lites (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E3F51772-C78A-4AAB-B019-A786AC49901B (resized).jpeg
A2123B62-2706-48FC-B5BE-D1A9DDCFDCB9 (resized).jpeg
35DFBA78-89B8-4643-ADFD-F03BE383E3E2 (resized).jpeg
858C4D73-37E6-4470-ABF9-102C63C163A4 (resized).jpeg
F984C9DF-09AF-4327-826D-ED5D502EC93F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 8517 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 171.
#3201 11 months ago

New code has some great new stuff in it but I'm still seeing issues where the game appears to lose track of the balls. Three examples:

In Trunk Multiball I was down to two balls, one went into the inner loop where it was locked at the post but never released, when I lost the last ball in play it treated it like my turn was over, awarded bonus and went on to next ball.

In Seance I ended up putting two into the scoop back-to-back twice, pretty rapidly. The first time it served them both out, the second time time it continued with SEANCE with just one ball going, when I lost that it ended SEANCE then just sat until a ball search ejected it out of the scoop.

Seance had just started and I lost all three balls very quickly, one down middle and two out the left outlane, one right behind the other. Encore was still flashing but it only ejected one ball and Seance continued in single ball play until I lost that ball and then it was turn over, bonus award, on to next ball. I'm not seeing any switch errors and everything appears to register properly.

#3202 11 months ago

Pinball at the zoo. Kalamazoo pinball show. This Friday and Saturday. Stop in and play Houdini.

BAC94DC1-F466-4492-BFA8-B2A100430614 (resized).jpeg

#3203 11 months ago
Quoted from pinden007:

How specifically do you earn each letter of Houdini? How do you earn extra balls other than getting lucky on the shop?
Thanks.

Extra balls can be earned with score (default is 500k) and there's one in King of Cards mode by hitting the back ring 4 times (it's similar to the Indy medallion video mode in that way). I always go for that first for an easy extra ball. There's also an awarded extra ball somewhere in gameplay, but I'm not sure what did it, maybe the magic targets. I think there's one on the rotating awards of the skill shot in the latest software now, too.

#3204 11 months ago

U da Man,Vic!!!!

#3205 11 months ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Thanks. Actually the milk can loop worked. I just got the ball stuck again.
The magnet grabbed the ball and flicked it to the gate. I found the problem. Somehow in just 12 gamesof play the wire ramp broke and was bending too far.
I spoke to Barry this morning and he is sending a new gate. Thanks Barry!
I want to just state that I DID NOT even attempt to bend this gate. So it is probably just a fluke.

Mine did the same thing after two days of play except in the lower left corner. I must have been a bad run or the manufacturer bent them back and forth once or twice. The new one is working perfectly. It arrived two days after I called...nice work!

#3206 11 months ago
Quoted from ElectricLou:

Incredibe détails on beatmaster shooter rod. Great product, great guy.
Lou

thanks for the kind words Lou, I'm glad you like it.

Hey, nice keychain.

#3207 11 months ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

thanks for the kind words Lou, I'm glad you like it.
Hey, nice keychain.

The shooter Rod is awesome. Enjoyed mine for over a month now. The black shroud decals Rock as well! Thank you!

#3208 11 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Clearly you have not recovered from the show, since I am pretty sure you mean 'across' not 'on each'. And while I know it felt like 73 hours it was more like 48.

Hi there,
Is this machine going to be shipped and available for purchase in Australia?? and if so when will it be available to purchase.
Cheers
Trevor
Brisbane
Australia

#3209 11 months ago

Did anyone notice the magnets being more active after the update? Maybe active isn't the right word but they are definitely moving the ball all over the place and I love it. Wasn't sure if it was code related or if it's in my head. lol

#3210 11 months ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Did anyone notice the magnets being more active after the update? Maybe active isn't the right word but they are definitely moving the ball all over the place and I love it. Wasn't sure if it was code related or if it's in my head. lol

Seems to be about the same to me, they are awesome and piss me off at the same time! The action off of hits to the Magic targets is phenomenal and has been very well coded I think.

#3211 11 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Seems to be about the same to me, they are awesome and piss me off at the same time! The action off of hits to the Magic targets is phenomenal and has been very well coded I think.

I really lile the seance magnet action on my TAF. I'm hoping for amazing cool stuff down the road.

#3212 11 months ago
Quoted from abelelectronics:

Pinball at the zoo. Kalamazoo pinball show. This Friday and Saturday. Stop in and play Houdini.

Was there Friday and it played excellent!

#3213 11 months ago

REALLY happy with this code update. I had found the game flow to be a bit clunky up to the first release. While there is still work to do (others have mentioned), the pin plays much better now. Thanks, Josh!

#3214 11 months ago

I definitely have a problem with the game not recognizing that a second ball gets shot into the scoop when it already has one locked down there. I was in an Escape hurry up with Man From Beyond running, hit the scoop by accident and it just sat there and timed out both my Escape and Film Mode. I pulled the logs and then went into switch test, it shows the scoop as being closed but I don't see a 2nd scoop opto listed (didn't look real close yet either). Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? I'm going to call A.P. on Monday and see what they say but if anyone has any suggestions (other than don't put two balls in the scoop, lol) before then I'm all ears.

#3215 11 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I definitely have a problem with the game not recognizing that a second ball gets shot into the scoop when it already has one locked down there. I was in an Escape hurry up with Man From Beyond running, hit the scoop by accident and it just sat there and timed out both my Escape and Film Mode. I pulled the logs and then went into switch test, it shows the scoop as being closed but I don't see a 2nd scoop opto listed (didn't look real close yet either). Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? I'm going to call A.P. on Monday and see what they say but if anyone has any suggestions (other than don't put two balls in the scoop, lol) before then I'm all ears.

Check your subway opto assembly leading up to the VUK for the scoop. There are 4 screws. If the assembly has come loose and dropped low, it will cause all sorts of weird behavior, including what you are seeing.

#3216 11 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

went into switch test, it shows the scoop as being closed but I don't see a 2nd scoop opto listed

I don't have one to check. But can you look in there and see a second switch ( opto ) ? Or go into switch test and toss in a ball and watch screen then toss in a second and see if anything triggers ?

The screen has switch names, check the list for one too.

LTG : )

#3217 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I don't have one to check. But can you look in there and see a second switch ( opto ) ? Or go into switch test and toss in a ball and watch screen then toss in a second and see if anything triggers ?

I think those optos are referred to as "Right Lock" 1, 2, 3. Here you go...

IMG_3859 (resized).JPG

#3218 11 months ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

Listening to STDM Overview and missed the turquoise color code for below. Any help would be great.
• Escape = Green
• Movie = Blue
• Pink = Secret Missions
• Teal = Séance
• Turquoise =
Tim

Isn't Turquoise and Teal very similar, maybe the same color?

#3219 11 months ago
Quoted from konjurer:

No that cool Houdini topper that Join_The_Cirqus posted in his pics. It looks freaking fantastic. I'm curious as well.

Purchased from Modfather
Link below

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/houdini-topper

#3220 11 months ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

I upp'ed the magnet intensity setting and I love it. It does some crazy stuff with the ball. The magnets rarely have pitched the ball down an outlane. I love the lower magnet as it does doesn't kick in for very long and sends the ball off a crazy angles. Brilliant use of magnets. I'll never get tired of those.

#3221 11 months ago

Houdini was played for two solid days at the Pinball at the zoo. With zero issues. The overall response from the players was very positive. I myself played quite a few games with the new software loaded. I think American Pinball did a great job on this game. It is very fun and a very challenging game. There are so many satisfying shots on this game. Just watching the videos is entertaining. I haven’t added a pin to my collection in a long time but I think this one is keeper. Keep up the good work. Can’t wait for game 2.

#3222 11 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm seeing the same thing. All the switches appear to work fine in test mode and the subway opto assembly isn't loose. This started happening right after the code update.

#3224 11 months ago

According to Melissa at CoinTaker my Houdini ships on Monday. I'm very excited! The new code sounds great.

Topper - Got to figure out which topper to go with. I like both - Great American Pinball looks wider and fills the machine but the Modfather's looks brighter and can change colors. Will American Pinball offer yet another topper option someday?

Blades - The American Pinball store has interior art blades. Has anyone installed them? Is it hard to lift the playfield out enough? I'll bet it's VERY heavy.

Shaker - Anyone know when the shaker will be available?

#3225 10 months ago

Never paid attention that my start button doesn't even light up....checked bulb and good... any ideas where problem may be? Remember reading somewhere about a dip switch caused this on another game?
Thx for any help

#3226 10 months ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Blades - The American Pinball store has interior art blades. Has anyone installed them? Is it hard to lift the playfield out enough? I'll bet it's VERY heavy.

You could order it with them installed already, played one friday that had them they looked really nice. I installed a set on a Data East Simpson's and was pretty easy, check fitment before you remove backing and spray sticky side with dishsoap/water, let it drip off so it wont leak in bottom of cabinet and stick it on, and squeegee out soap with your hand or a bondo spreader, if you have a helper to hold playfield in different spots so you can get the bubbles out it helps. Was pretty easy for me on my first try and I suck at decals but the soapy water works great (just do it with the game unplugged).

#3227 10 months ago
Quoted from crlush:

You could order it with them installed already, played one friday that had them they looked really nice. I installed a set on a Data East Simpson's and was pretty easy, check fitment before you remove backing and spray sticky side with dishsoap/water, let it drip off so it wont leak in bottom of cabinet and stick it on, and squeegee out soap with your hand or a bondo spreader, if you have a helper to hold playfield in different spots so you can get the bubbles out it helps. Was pretty easy for me on my first try and I suck at decals but the soapy water works great (just do it with the game unplugged).

Good advice - soap / water on the sticky side... thanks.

#3228 10 months ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

It will help you after sticking it on to slide it to the exact spot where it needs to be and if you mess up as long as you dont squeegee it down you can still pull it off without damaging the sticker.

#3229 10 months ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

I'd really be worried about the metal piece of the ball guide that puts the ball into the lower catapult hitting those art blades. It is very, very close to the side and has a pointy edge on it so be really careful raising and lowering the PF once you install those blades.

#3230 10 months ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Great American Pinball looks wider and fills the machine but the Modfather's looks brighter and can change colors

I think both change colors. I just really think the Modfather topper will get my dollars. While both are well done, I don’t think the Laseriffic topper art style matches the game. The Modfather arts obviously matches the game. The only minor tweak I would have done is leave the Houdini logo off. It’s already on the backglass. Would have looked more amazing to just have Houdini crawling out the top of the machine.

#3231 10 months ago

I’m loving the new code! I adjusted the mode times to 60 seconds and I can complete modes now. My scores improved dramatically once I was able to close out a modes or two. Amazing what you can do with an extra 15 seconds. The game feels less brutal now.

#3232 10 months ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

DEFINITELY use the wet method to install them. They're more paper-like than the Stern official art blades (which are closer to arcade console overlay material) and can tear easier if you make a mistake trying it dry. If you use the wet method, they're a snap to install and get looking great without removing the playfield.

#3233 10 months ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Never paid attention that my start button doesn't even light up....checked bulb and good... any ideas where problem may be? Remember reading somewhere about a dip switch caused this on another game?
Thx for any help

Don't know if this will help. But here's a pic of the back of the button and wires.

20180422_101156 (resized).jpg

#3234 10 months ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Topper - Got to figure out which topper to go with. I like both

There will be a third ... Dan from Tilttoppers is making one as well!

#3235 10 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

There will be a third ... Dan from Tilttoppers is making one as well!

I just remembered. My game came with mini topper in coin box!

20180422_103143 (resized).jpg

#3236 10 months ago

My Houdini landed this past Tuesday. Number 156. It turned out to be harder than I expected which is exactly what I wanted. Im going to install the new code and see how many bugs it squashed. I read the release notes and didn't see a couple that I've experienced so far. I do have 2 issues that I've tried to remedy with coil adjustments with no luck. The box catapult always misses. I think it may be glancing off the clear ramp just enough to make it go left. The up and down seems good but it hits the wood backing just left of the box. Going to try and capture it with my iPhone in slow-mo. Second is the right kickout/seance hole. It takes like 6 tries for the ball to exit. Maybe the steel scoop needs a tweak. I added power to the slingshots from 4 to 6 to speed things up. I also added pop bumper power from 12 to 18 and has really moved things along. Those default settings made the pops really lazy and drained more often than popped. I might get 2 or 3 pop activations before that, now its double that. I may adjust the pop leaf switches tighter and reduce power and see if i get the same result.

I haven't read all the posts but i had an interesting missing ball problem when the settings were factory. The ball managed to get on top the lower right pop and the ball hunt couldn't dislodge it. It was sitting behind the lock and the groove of the gear. The ball weight was holding the pop down so I'm going to add something there like high density foam or use the screw to hold something to take up that space. Would it be possible for the system to reverse the coil direction in this circumstance to dislodge the ball? Maybe a bad idea as it may hit the glass.

#3237 10 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

They are at the top of the release notes on the website with the code, but here are the instructions . . .
To install the update . . .
1) Download the update code and put on a USB Stick (minimum 2GB)
2) Turn on the machine
3) Open the coin door and access the USB extension cable. It will either be anchored to the right side or sitting loose. If this is the first time you are needing to use it, it may have fallen to the back of the cabinet during shipping.
4) Insert the USB stick into the extension cable
5) After a few seconds, the main display should say that code is being updated. The code update process takes approximately 5 minutes
6) When the update is complete, a new message will appear, in green text, that the process is complete. Shut down the game, remove the USB stick, power the game back up.

How should the USB stick be formatted, Fat32 MSDOS etc? How should the file structure look when expanded? Is it ok for the file to be in a folder or does it have to be standalone in the USB. Any warnings about filename or type that would keep it from working? Any issues with certain USB brands or speed to be aware of?

#3238 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

DEFINITELY use the wet method to install them. They're more paper-like than the Stern official art blades (which are closer to arcade console overlay material) and can tear easier if you make a mistake trying it dry. If you use the wet method, they're a snap to install and get looking great without removing the playfield.

I didn’t follow whether or not you had your game yet, but just get them installed at the factory if you can- they cost the same either way.

#3239 10 months ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

How should the USB stick be formatted, Fat32

Fat 32

Instructions in the manual page 6-1, you can download the latest version here : https://www.american-pinball.com/support/

#3240 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Started looking into my issue some more, there are lock optos in the subway leading up to the scoop but there is a diverter post there that keeps the balls that are shot into the scoop from backing up to activate them (the diverter obviously stops balls in the locks from going into the scoop assembly as well). In switch test mode I dropped a single ball into the scoop and it registers, dropping another one on top of it also registers the scoop switch again so they game should be "seeing" these switch closures. I still plan to call A.P. tomorrow to see if they have any other suggestions.

#3241 10 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I just remembered. My game came with mini topper in coin box!

Cool, looks like there's one in my goodie bag too, haven't opened it yet. Speaking of that, what's the board with the switches and ribbon cable in there for? I noticed it when unboxing and I think I've read the answer somewhere but I'm feeling too lazy to look for it right now.

#3242 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Fat 32
Instructions in the manual page 6-1, you can download the latest version here : https://www.american-pinball.com/support/

2 GB is a big enough usb stick.

Quoted from bobukcat:Cool, looks like there's one in my goodie bag too, haven't opened it yet. Speaking of that, what's the board with the switches and ribbon cable in there for? I noticed it when unboxing and I think I've read the answer somewhere but I'm feeling too lazy to look for it right now.

You just got your game a week ago right?
That could be a secondary power supply board for the transformer. You should send an email to Barry tomorrow and see if there is instructions for it.

#3243 10 months ago

You just got your game a week ago right?
That could be a secondary power supply board for the transformer. You should send an email to Barry tomorrow and see if there is instructions for it.

Two weeks ago, actually. I think it is for the LCD monitor, I looked closer and the switches are labelled "Source", "Power", "++".

#3244 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I didn’t follow whether or not you had your game yet, but just get them installed at the factory if you can- they cost the same either way.

We got one of the early ones, so there was no option for pre-installation because they didn't exist yet. If you use the wet method, they're really a snap to install. So, either way.

#3245 10 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Cool, looks like there's one in my goodie bag too, haven't opened it yet. Speaking of that, what's the board with the switches and ribbon cable in there for? I noticed it when unboxing and I think I've read the answer somewhere but I'm feeling too lazy to look for it right now.

The board is to adjust the mini-lcd they use for the marquee.

#3246 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

We got one of the early ones, so there was no option for pre-installation because they didn't exist yet. If you use the wet method, they're really a snap to install. So, either way.

I know you got yours early I was talking to Rferullo

#3247 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I know you got yours early I was talking to Rferullo

Haha! Quoting me made that not so obvious.

#3248 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Haha! Quoting me made that not so obvious.

Yup, my aim was off, sorry! lol

#3249 10 months ago

Mine ships Monday. Looking forward to finally having this pin in the new stable.

#3250 10 months ago

Don't know if this will help. But here's a pic of the back of the button and wires.

That's how mine looks. .. any chance you could get me pics of boards on side of machine dip switches?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
6,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Machine - For Sale
Madison, WI
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8517 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 171.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside