Topic Stats

• 8,521 posts
  • 525 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by wesman
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,180 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B50F841E-E889-43F0-93C7-0C4CBECEF72F (resized).jpeg
Houdini rd (resized).jpg
B0A59720-3109-4366-A958-89734AE22441 (resized).jpeg
20190315_155922 (resized).jpg
20190315_030211 (resized).jpg
20190315_030253 (resized).jpg
20190220_220353 (resized).jpg
lites (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E3F51772-C78A-4AAB-B019-A786AC49901B (resized).jpeg
A2123B62-2706-48FC-B5BE-D1A9DDCFDCB9 (resized).jpeg
35DFBA78-89B8-4643-ADFD-F03BE383E3E2 (resized).jpeg
858C4D73-37E6-4470-ABF9-102C63C163A4 (resized).jpeg
F984C9DF-09AF-4327-826D-ED5D502EC93F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 8521 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 171.
#3101 11 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

When you insert a USB stick into the USB extension cable, the machine does copy off the current settings and audits to it. It has been on the radar that if we ever run into a situation where we need to install a new version of the OS, that importing back in the settings and audits would be needed. I do anticipate at some point we will add this import support. and there are some things in progress, that will provide some of the foundation for doing this.
As far as custom high scores, no one had really brought that up until sometime in the last week or so and not something I had really given much though to, so I'll need to take a look and assess what is involved.
Related to settings, under the hood of this next release is support for more control over processing of settings. The first use of this is that when you revert to default settings it will no longer revert coil strength, pricing or stage calibration. This lays the foundation for pre-configured installs e.g. home easy, home normal, home hard, location easy, etc, or things of that nature, so that capability will likely show up in the release after this. Of course after using a pre-defined set for some event/reason, it would be nice to import back in the original settings.

Thanks Josh, I use the backup / restore feature all the time on WOZ and this would be a great feature to add especially for anyone that hosts Leagues or Tournaments on their games but want more liberal settings for all other times.

#3102 11 months ago

Rosh I love the game, I am having a wonderful time and consistently get over 700k. I do still continue to have a significant issue with the plunger in the game. I have loosened the housing and moved it all the way to the right, in an attempt to get the plunger to hit the center of the ball, however, even at the right most location, the ball is not stuck directly from behind and causes the plunged ball to hit the rubber posts on the left side of the shooter lane when coming out of the shooter lane before attempting to strike the skill shot. This causes missed skill shots, completely dead plunges that just fall into the outlane, or it contacts the rubber and then barely pops out of the shooter lane and goes sdtm. Very annoying. Looking for a fix, as it appears that either the playfield naturally sits to far to the right in my cabinet or the shooter assembly was installed too far to the left, making even the most extreme allowed adjustment of the housing, not adeqate enough to place the plunger behind the center of where the ball sits. (currently its off to the left a bit, originally it was WAY off to the left and barely stuck the ball.) Hope you can help

#3103 11 months ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

I do still continue to have a significant issue with the plunger in the game

Well, we need to get this resolved since the new skill shot is far more valuable and you will need to need to have control.

We should get Barry in the loop to help you get this worked out. I'll alert him and he will get in touch.

#3104 11 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I use the backup / restore feature all the time on WOZ

I absolutely love this feature on my JJP games. It gives me another layer of security as far as pc failures or what may come as my game ages.
I also like the way I can save multiple backups (if I rename them in a folder) when Im testing out new or changed settings. If I totally screw something up I can revert to a setting that worked well.

#3105 11 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Shooting this stage too hard, if flippers are too strong, does it make it harder, also needs to be a straight otherwise it will loop around inside and come out. If it continues to be a challenge, send me a photo of the stage with the curtain open and I'll look to see if anything looks off.
The Stage Alley shot requires a certain amount of speed (otherwise it can end up in the magic shop -- not a bad thing)., but depending on where it is flowing to, might mean the flat rail needs to be adjusted. After you get some more play and still finding that we can get Barry to talk you through adjusting the exit.

Josh:

Thanks! I changed the scoop from 7 to 8; upper catapult from 17 to 19; left and right flippers to 21 (I think they were initially 22 and 23).

I can now shoot the ball to the stage and if it goes in, it stays in. So thank you.

The milk can loop is better. It will still ocassionally pop out, but it has gone through several times. Would it help to add a felt dot inside the loop to dampen the shot?

I need to still play with the scoop. It doesn't seem to come out of the scoop consistently to see where it is going, but I reduced the number of direct drains. (Although if I held up the right flipper at the right time, I would probably stop a few more.) Which flipper is the ball supposed to go to from the scoop?

I like ball saves. This is brutal. If you miss the save by a millisecond, you do not get a grace period.

I finally got it to the third combo. I also finally got it to straight jacket multi ball.

It is so nice to test and adjust each shot in the coil settings mode!

Michael

#3106 11 months ago

Has anyone ever got the ball stuck at the entrance to the game?

I can also hear music that sounds like it is from TOTAN and TOM. Is that my imagination?

7405BD9D-FA61-411F-9AAF-234CA387DA84 (resized).jpeg

#3107 11 months ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Has anyone ever got the ball stuck at the entrance to the game?

That's weird. I don't have a game to check. But it looks like the ball is sitting at the gate that would prevent it from going back to the shooter lane. When I enlarge the picture.

I'm sure they'll have an answer for you.

LTG : )

#3108 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

That's weird. I don't have a game to check. But it looks like the ball is sitting at the gate that would prevent it from going back to the shooter lane. When I enlarge the picture.
I'm sure they'll have an answer for you.

It wasn’t a great photo. The ball is sitting on the top side of the gate. The ball was resting against the gate so that the ball could not be shaken free. I probably need to bend the wire but don’t want to make any physical changes on a day old machine.

The gate in the resting position is behind the left post. When the ball slowly rolled to the area it was cradled by the left post and gate.

#3109 11 months ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I probably need to bend the wire but don’t want to make any physical changes on a day old machine.

I'd wait until rosh posts. He'll know what's best.

#3110 11 months ago

I just couldn't help myself and ... thankfully my wife was cheerfully accommodating! I was inspired enough by the Steampunk game art to order both of us a set of costumes to match this special game.

Tonight we set up the photo lights, tripod and the DSLR and then took a million shots to get these.

Houdini is such a unique game and we both loved meeting the team that built it while at TPF.

To Joe, Josh, Barry and the entire API team we say Congratulations on a fantastic game - sell a bunch!

Enjoy the pictures. We enjoyed taking them

Houdini_2 (resized).jpg

Houdini_5 (resized).jpg

Houdini_3 (resized).jpg

Houdini_4 (resized).jpg

Houdini_1 (resized).jpg

#3111 11 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

I just couldn't help myself and ... thankfully my wife was cheerfully accommodating! I was inspired enough by the Steampunk game art to order both of us a set of costumes to match this special game.
Tonight we set up the photo lights, tripod and the DSLR and then took a million shots to get these.
Houdini is such a unique game and we both loved meeting the team that built it while at TPF.
To Joe, Josh, Barry and the entire API team we say Congratulations on a fantastic game - sell a bunch!

Now that is All in on your pin decision together! Very cool and great to see wives enjoying the fun along side for this crazy hobby known as pinball! Beautiful game, beautiful wife thanks for sharing.

#3112 11 months ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Josh:
Thanks! I changed the scoop from 7 to 8; upper catapult from 17 to 19; left and right flippers to 21 (I think they were initially 22 and 23).
I can now shoot the ball to the stage and if it goes in, it stays in. So thank you.
The milk can loop is better. It will still ocassionally pop out, but it has gone through several times. Would it help to add a felt dot inside the loop to dampen the shot?Michael

This level of tuning required to make the game playable suggests that a barcade machine will never be tuned correctly. They just don't want to take it offline. They might not know how to tune it anyway.

It would probably be fun to play in a home venue where the owner took this level of attention to get it working correctly.

#3113 11 months ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

This level of tuning required to make the game playable suggests that a barcade machine will never be tuned correctly. They just don't want to take it offline. They might not know how to tune it anyway.
It would probably be fun to play in a home venue where the owner took this level of attention to get it working correctly.

Barcade, no. But there's one at a location I help with in a bar and we've got it dialed in pretty well. It's running neck and neck with AfMrLE, even beating it some days, so I'd say people like it. Tilt is very permissive to keep it friendly to play. Basically if you have an operator that cares, you'll be fine with it.

#3114 11 months ago

Just to say thanks for all the comments on the location machine I played, clearly setup is critical. I'll look for another machine and hope for a better experience next time

#3115 11 months ago

Pincades Booth MGC 2018

Nonstop over 1200 games on each (4 Houdini's) machine in less then 73 hours.

Give us a call or PM us for current delivery times on a new Houdini.

See you @ Allentown Pinfest.

Pincades
JT

20180414_204405 (resized).jpg

20180414_204404 (resized).jpg

20180413_181258 (resized).jpg

20180413_181200 (resized).jpg

#3116 11 months ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Here’s a little different viewpoint on same information:

The two catapults are really the only two items that need to be adjusted for great gameplay.

I did not change the pitch of the game. I assumed if AP set the legs as sent, that should be the default pitch.

If this were in an arcade, gameplay would be set like this. The player would play the game and balls would mostly go where they were supposed to go.

An operator could tweak the game by changing the leg levelers but this is a broad change that cannot make fine tuned adjustments.

In my home, I see every ball movement and hear every sound of each game and I know the second sonething is out of adjustment to fix it.

Houdini gives me a level of adjustments and refinements I have never really had on any game before. But since it is in my house I can tune it in to exactly how I think it should play. I realize I am probably overthinking the adjustments, but I enjoy doing this.

Michael

#3117 11 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

You guys are crazy awesome!

#3118 11 months ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

You guys are crazy awesome!

Thx Zach! High compliment!

#3119 11 months ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

It wasn’t a great photo. The ball is sitting on the top side of the gate. The ball was resting against the gate so that the ball could not be shaken free. I probably need to bend the wire but don’t want to make any physical changes on a day old machine.
The gate in the resting position is behind the left post. When the ball slowly rolled to the area it was cradled by the left post and gate.

As much as we try to find every ball trap, we don't. The perfect storm happened and there the ball sits. Even though it is a day old machine you will need to bend the gate or do nothing and it probably will never trap there again...But if it does play the lottery.

Call me at 833.API.HELP and I can see what I can do with this.

#3120 11 months ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Rosh I love the game, I am having a wonderful time and consistently get over 700k. I do still continue to have a significant issue with the plunger in the game. I have loosened the housing and moved it all the way to the right, in an attempt to get the plunger to hit the center of the ball, however, even at the right most location, the ball is not stuck directly from behind and causes the plunged ball to hit the rubber posts on the left side of the shooter lane when coming out of the shooter lane before attempting to strike the skill shot. This causes missed skill shots, completely dead plunges that just fall into the outlane, or it contacts the rubber and then barely pops out of the shooter lane and goes sdtm. Very annoying. Looking for a fix, as it appears that either the playfield naturally sits to far to the right in my cabinet or the shooter assembly was installed too far to the left, making even the most extreme allowed adjustment of the housing, not adeqate enough to place the plunger behind the center of where the ball sits. (currently its off to the left a bit, originally it was WAY off to the left and barely stuck the ball.) Hope you can help

Call me at 833.API.HELP Lets fix this!

#3121 11 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Beautiful game, beautiful wife thanks for sharing.

I’ll pass that on to the her. It will make her day!

#3122 11 months ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Nonstop over 1200 games on each (4 Houdini's) machine in less then 73 hours.

Clearly you have not recovered from the show, since I am pretty sure you mean 'across' not 'on each'. And while I know it felt like 73 hours it was more like 48.

#3123 11 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Clearly you have not recovered from the show, since I am pretty sure you mean 'across' not 'on each'. And while I know it felt like 73 hours it was more like 48.

Well 48 is less than 73 technically

#3124 11 months ago

Fun with felt sticky dots...

I placed a felt dot into the milk can loop as shown on the right. The ball still bounced out. I added a felt dot to the left and now the ball does not bounce out often. It now loops much more than it bounces out.

I did not want to make a permanent change to the wire gate at the plunger entrance. I added two small felt dots on top of each other to force the gate up so the ball doesn’t get stuck.

5EB38F24-4804-43CC-8E61-E6AA12D3B0A0 (resized).jpeg

C67A1E49-D317-4E06-8854-07BA486B5900 (resized).jpeg

156488E1-9054-4E44-92AA-93FA2651EEB3 (resized).jpeg

#3125 11 months ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I placed a felt dot into the milk can loop as shown on the right. The ball still bounced out. I added a felt dot to the left and now the ball does not bounce out often. It now loops much more than it bounces out.
I did not want to make a permanent change to the wire gate at the plunger entrance. I added two small felt dots on top of each other to force the gate up so the ball doesn’t get stuck.

#3126 11 months ago

Smart thinking. I haven’t had that problem with my milkcan but I like your solution.

#3127 11 months ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Smart thinking. I haven’t had that problem with my milkcan but I like your solution.

Thanks. Actually the milk can loop worked. I just got the ball stuck again.

The magnet grabbed the ball and flicked it to the gate. I found the problem. Somehow in just 12 gamesof play the wire ramp broke and was bending too far.

I spoke to Barry this morning and he is sending a new gate. Thanks Barry!

I want to just state that I DID NOT even attempt to bend this gate. So it is probably just a fluke.

A7C8DBF4-978E-4DB6-BF78-C6BD6448848F (resized).jpeg

407A7B89-8C53-4605-B5B3-64394C15DA32 (resized).jpeg

#3128 11 months ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

So it is probably just a fluke.

Most definitely. Crap happens.

When you get the new gate. I'd put a tiny bit of oil on both sides where it goes through the hole in the metal. It will live a lot longer during it's normal life.

#3129 11 months ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I placed a felt dot into the milk can loop as shown on the right...

Isn't this "cheating"? Aren't you supposed to play the game the way it was designed?

You can also make it easier by giving yourself 10 balls/game. More extreme but still a vector in the same direction.

#3130 11 months ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Isn't this "cheating"? Aren't you supposed to play the game the way it was designed?
You can also make it easier by giving yourself 10 balls/game. More extreme but still a vector in the same direction.

If the original intent was for the ball to go through and not bounce back most of the time, this makes the game play as intended.

If the intent was only a perfect shot makes it through then this “fix” should not be there.

I can’t believe that the shot was meant to bounce back out most of the time. It is such a hard shot to make in the first place. When I do get it to go in, it is frustrating when it bounces out.

But the great thing about this “fix” is it is 100% reversible.

On Williams Indiana Jones, many people have added a felt dot to the left saucer to stop the ball from bouncing out most of the time. I thought this was about the same.

#3131 11 months ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I made a similar modification to the milkcan shot on my game due to all the rattle out rejects I was getting. I also adjusted the left orbit return metal lane guide to keep the ball from going down the middle on every shot to the right orbit. Is that also cheating? Was the original intention of that shot to drain down the middle? I owned a Dialed In where the ball would bounce out of the left inlane ramp return and into the outlane to drain. I probably should have left that alone too.

Quoted from mbelofsky:

If the original intent was for the ball to go through and not bounce back most of the time, this makes the game play as intended.
If the intent was only a perfect shot makes it through then this “fix” should not be there.

Thank you for posting this as I'm sure we are not the only Houdini owners experiencing this issue.

#3132 11 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

yes I did mean on 4 total, sheesh! LOL
And I calculated around 43 hours sir. dam fat fingers, sevens to close to the four.

JT

#3133 11 months ago

Just got my game and love it. Simple awesome. AP has done such a great job

Had to dial my trunk in which took all of 2 tries to get it working 100 percent.

#3134 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Most definitely. Crap happens.
When you get the new gate. I'd put a tiny bit of oil on both sides where it goes through the hole in the metal. It will live a lot longer during it's normal life.

Thanks. I will do this. I will also examine the diameter of the left hole. It looks like it is a bit too small and acting as a wire cutter. I may use a tiny dremel drill bit to open it very slightly.

#3135 11 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

Just got my game and love it. Simple awesome. AP has done such a great job
Had to dial my trunk in which took all of 2 tries to get it working 100 percent.

Congrats Hank!

Sigh...

#3136 11 months ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

We must conclude that what showed up at your door was the manufacturer's intent. All else is the work of man ( - :

Some games are too hard to have any fun at. If you're in an arcade, you walk to the next one. Some HUE owners will work on technique, others will bend the physics of what they were sent. Both are fine if you acknowledge the camp you're in. Or even if you don't.

I think the game was designed to be of the ultimate difficulty and that's why I don't play or own it. Nice to look at though.

#3137 11 months ago

Game play & playfield views video filmed at the Midwest Gaming Classic (MGC). We used a shotgun mic to get great sound despite the fact that 3 TNA machines were right behind it. Now since I filmed this when the show floor was dark I didn't notice that the speakers are really in the top of the head

But, using the lower grills at the base of the head I'm still happy with how it turned out.

Jeremy & the Pinball Mayhem Crew

#3138 11 months ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I think the game was designed to be of the ultimate difficulty and that's why I don't play or own it. Nice to look at though.

If that was the intent, they failed. The game is challenging, but nowhere NEAR "ultimate difficulty."

#3139 11 months ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

I don't play or own it.

WTF? Ok, its really not as difficult as many other games (AFM for one lol), challenging but not impossible.
If you dont own it or play it, why are you posting here? Just wondering....

#3140 11 months ago

Thanks for all the PMs I got expressing concern / support on my quest for this game (I got quite a few) - Good news, friends - today I got my PIF email! So Houdini will be on premises hopefully some time next week. Unbelievable! Can't wait.

#3141 11 months ago

I am pleased to announce that Houdini Code Version 18.4.11 is now available for download. You can get it at https://www.american-pinball.com then click on "Code Updates" under the support menu.

There is a ton of new, modified and fixed things, but a few highlights . . .

Enhanced skill shot -- more challenging and more valuable
Match Sequence -- The long wait is over!
Players Choice -- You will be able to choose which Stage Mode to perform either when the status screen is on the marquee when the stage opens or can be earned at magic shop or earned via skill shot.

I've tested it quite a bit, as have a few owners, and it saw over 1400 plays at MGC, but there is never enough testing, so if anyone has any issues let me know. Hopefully I did not miss anything major.

Here are the details on what is in the release, I've probably missed a few items:

Version: 18.4.11

New — skill shot — each target has an an award, so hitting the flashing shot when on that target gives that award. Shooting super skill awards all three items.
New — Players Choice — allows the player to choose which stage act to perform. Available when the ‘status’ screen is on the marquee. That screen can be locked in via skill shot award or magic shop award.
New — match sequence.
New — added a display counter for spins needed during Haldane movie mode
New — 4 additional ‘bad' hat pull items
New — animations for increasing of trunk multiball jackpot
New — Setting to adjust timer for Movie modes from 30 to 60 seconds (45 second is default)
New — Setting to adjust timer for Stage modes that use a timer, except king of cards which has its own setting. Adjustable from 30 to 60 seconds, 45 is default
New — Settings for match sequence (credit or off) — Off will not show sequence
New — Settings for match sequence (percentage) — percentage of 0 will show match sequence but never award a credit
New — settings for Knocker (‘Audio High Volume’, ‘Audio Low Volume’ or ‘Off’)
New — lightshow for super skill shot
New — lightshow for magic targets
New — Score banner animated when going from shown to hidden and vice versa
New — coil adjustments for left ball lock to shorten or lengthen the time the plunger is held down. If two balls are being released reduce the time if the ball is getting hit and bouncing up when releasing increase the time. If you find you are needing to increase the time more than a small amount it is possible its s mechanical issues that needs to be addressed.
New — Setting to enable an autofire of the shooter lane if the ball has been sitting idle for 60 seconds. Defaults to Off
New — sound effect when ball traveling the wire form return from upper catapult
New — Extra ball when reaching a certain level of bonus multiplier. Controllable via settings between 5 and 9 or Off, defaults to 7
New -- Pricing for 3 units per credit (e.g .75 per game)

Modified — if Seance MB and needles both running, seance targets will only show the state of things for seance and not show red even though they will still score needles points.
Modified — only one stage hit is needed at start of game to open the stage
Modified — spotlight behavior in Man from Beyond has been adjusted during the escape asylum stage
Modified — Seance ball save time increased
Modified — straitjacket Multiball disables ball search to give time for decision, but if no decision made for 30 seconds, reversed flippers will be selected for the player.
Modified — start of movies to wait for pending animations to complete
Modified — handling of pausing of mode timer during catapult throws
Modified — resetting defaults via utilities menu only impacts features, standard, replay and sound, does not reset pricing or coil settings.
Modified — reduced the delay period after exiting service menu before service credits can be added. The delay exists to prevent accidental service credits since the service exit button and service credits are the same.
Modified — Upper VUK fallback handling to limit pulse time increases.
Modified — Magic Points at magic shop not random if tournament is turned on
Modified — Bess’s size in water torture
Modified — Stage behavior on a ball entering when stage is not ready. Will now release the ball after the 5 seconds. Can occur if curtain is open by mistake or broken.
Modified — lightshow engine to improve performance
Modified — fanfare and music behavior at start of stage modes.
Modified — milkcan multiplier timers now at 40, 35 and 30
Modified — add time feature a little more generous
Modified — Increases Trunk MB jackpot (25K), super jackpot (75K) and increase jackpot values (2500/5000)
Modified — Stage behavior on dropping ball, increased delay before returning to ready position to insure ball has cleared the chute
Modified — increased Seance MB point values
Modified — add time to properly match timer/grace period
Modified — lamps to better sync with grace period
Modified — Scoring on Needles

Fixed — Bullet Catch opening fanfare being cut off
Fixed — Bullet Catch not releasing ball from upper catapult of player drains before ‘aiming/firing’ gun
Fixed — Bullet Catch race condition causing a ball to get under upper catapult
Fixed — Knocker sound
Fixed — various movie modes when flipper escape with cancelling of intro voice calls, the music volume was not returning to proper volume right away
Fixed — typos in playing tips screens
Fixed — animation sequence issues at end of Films when time runs out
Fixed — if a new game was started before the FIN animation, then the FIN would show up after the new game started.
Fixed — throwing both cards at once could result in progress map showing up over the card throwing
Fixed — if ball drained out left outlane, after going through milkcan loop and return from beyond was lit, it would do both a ball save and start Return from Beyond, now it will just do the ball save.
Fixed — chimping penalty — when using inverted flippers it was treating certain flipper actions as chimping, when they really weren’t.
Fixed — max extra balls setting was being ignored.
Fixed — Haldane was not properly reducing spins still needed when hitting the magic stand-up target to advance through the mode.
Fixed — flipper escape not working for Seance, when a Secret Mission was already running.
Fixed — issue with magic shop not pausing timer quick enough when entering the magic shop right after it just opened.
Fixed — animation sequence when ball drains during a movie mode
Fixed — if magic stand-up hit while elephant mode is starting the game would crash, while this scenario should not occur, possible if a second ball is accidentally in play
Fixed — missing flag resulting In the VUK diverter not disabling during a tilt.
Fixed — water torture flipper escape not releasing ball immediately
Fixed — glitch in needles animation
Fixed — issue with low level processing on control system that was causing some catapult throws to be super hard or super soft.
Fixed — walk through walls sometimes putting an extra ball into play when doing a flipper escape
Fixed — a few stage mode were not flipper escaping correctly if the ‘halt sound on escape’ was set to off
Fixed — race condition that could result in a music fade preventing new mode music from playing.
Fixed — issue where starting King of Cards via Players Choice could result in a ball search releasing a ball and killing the players ball.
Fixed — fanfares not playing at proper volume
Fixed — issue where if game powered down with ball in certain locations it would not properly release balls on power up.
Fixed — issue with increase jackpot animation with increase value showing in front of, instead of inside the trunk, if the last metamorphosis trick failed AFTER Houdini entered the trunk.
Fixed — issues where some features were incorrectly showing on the display when starting a new game after leaving the service mode if they were running when the service mode was entered.
Fixed — issue with movie or film mode that is a multiball that times out before reaching its Multiball stage messing up other running multi balls.
Fixed — secret mission crash in multiplayer game
Fixed — stage was opening after a multiball ended but a movie mode was still active
Fixed — issue with Stage insert not flashing when open if a movie was also ready

#3142 11 months ago
Quoted from cad-kid:

Game play & playfield views video filmed at the Midwest Gaming Classic (MGC). We used a shotgun mic to get great sound despite the fact that 3 TNA machines were right behind it. Now since I filmed this when the show floor was dark I didn't notice that the speakers are really in the top of the head
But, using the lower grills at the base of the head I'm still happy with how it turned out.
» YouTube video
Jeremy & the Pinball Mayhem Crew

Great video showing off our Magic Glass...

"Now since I filmed this when the show floor was dark I didn't notice that the speakers are really in the top of the head".... There are speakers on the top as well as the bottom of the head for a total of 6 speakers.

#3143 11 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Good news, friends - today I got my PIF email! So Houdini will be on premises hopefully some time next week. Unbelievable! Can't wait

Congrats ... You won't be sorry!

#3144 11 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Congrats ... You won't be sorry!

I got notice today also, I was on the fence with some of the feedback about the tight shots. I'm sure I will learn to play better

#3145 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

If you dont own it or play it, why are you posting here? Just wondering....

Short answer: because I can. I wouldn't buy Houdini because it doesn't have a knocker. Won't buy a toy without essential equipment.

#3146 11 months ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Great video showing off our Magic Glass...
"Now since I filmed this when the show floor was dark I didn't notice that the speakers are really in the top of the head".... There are speakers on the top as well as the bottom of the head for a total of 6 speakers.

Excellent! Thanks for the info

#3147 11 months ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Short answer: because I can. I wouldn't buy Houdini because it doesn't have a knocker. Won't buy a toy without essential equipment.

Not sure I can agree that a knocker is 'essential equipment' considering games have not included one for over a decade, regardless, so when/if a knocker kit is made available, I assume you will then buy a Houdini.

#3148 11 months ago

Dumb Question.

How do I update the code on Houdini? I just got it last night and cannot find code update instructions.

#3149 11 months ago
Quoted from hank527:

How do I update the code on Houdini? I just got it last night and cannot find code update instructions.

They are at the top of the release notes on the website with the code, but here are the instructions . . .

To install the update . . .
1) Download the update code and put on a USB Stick (minimum 2GB)
2) Turn on the machine
3) Open the coin door and access the USB extension cable. It will either be anchored to the right side or sitting loose. If this is the first time you are needing to use it, it may have fallen to the back of the cabinet during shipping.
4) Insert the USB stick into the extension cable
5) After a few seconds, the main display should say that code is being updated. The code update process takes approximately 5 minutes
6) When the update is complete, a new message will appear, in green text, that the process is complete. Shut down the game, remove the USB stick, power the game back up.

#3150 11 months ago

I just installed the new code and played a few games. During those games I started the needle trick stage mode twice and both times it kicked out two balls. I thought that was just a one ball mode.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Spruce Grove, ALBERTA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
$ 50.00
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8521 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 171.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside