20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 297.
#2601 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

If you damage your playfield putting on protectors, that is on you, but otherwise I do not believe it would impact the overall warranty coverage.

That's the important part. Thanks for the clarification.

#2602 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

rosh
Is there going to be a headphone jack available for Houdini?
I really like the way that JJP automatically gives you one.
I dont think Im alone in asking this.
All of my games have headphone jacks with the exception of my AFMr (it will soon).
I ask because the call outs/music/effects etc. are impossible to hear in an arcade or even on a busy night in my gameroom.
As these game become more complex a lot of us are carrying headphones to the barcade so that we can enjoy the work that was done for us.

Jack isn't giving it to you, its factored in the price.

#2603 6 years ago

Just figured I would add these photos for those that don’t think there is a need or would see much of a difference in a dark game room with pinstadium a on Houdini. Actually, to be perfectly honest, my kit had a bad powerplug and when playing with a league member and the pinstadium turned off, his first comment while playing was, man this game is super dark what happened to all the GI! Lol on Houdini, it’s especially noticeable between the flippers in the middle lower portion of the game.

Once you play with a kit, it is extremely hard to play on a game without em. I actually remember at TPF thinking all the games were terribly lit. Lol.

6AC1763C-9B9F-45BD-99FC-2D2D24ABF79A.jpeg6AC1763C-9B9F-45BD-99FC-2D2D24ABF79A.jpeg

5A46508C-0D3D-442F-8BC4-A11CF344C726.jpeg5A46508C-0D3D-442F-8BC4-A11CF344C726.jpeg

C7795C97-9FE2-400D-AF79-1B175B7DE83D.jpegC7795C97-9FE2-400D-AF79-1B175B7DE83D.jpeg

#2604 6 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Jack isn't giving it to you, its factored in the price.

Agreed, I paid for it within the purchase price

I expect to pay for this item if its available to be sure.

$50 I think would cover it just like the ones from pinnovators.

Or maybe API can get pinnovators to make up some? JJP farmed it out.

I also like the external volume control that pinnovators did.

So can it be done? Is my question.

#2605 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Just figured I would add these photos for those that don’t think there is a need or would see much of a difference in a dark game room with pinstadium a on Houdini. Actually, to be perfectly honest, my kit had a bad powerplug and when playing with a league member and the pinstadium turned off, his first comment while playing was, man this game is super dark what happened to all the GI! Lol on Houdini, it’s especially noticeable between the flippers in the middle lower portion of the game.
Once you play with a kit, it is extremely hard to play on a game without em. I actually remember at TPF thinking all the games were terribly lit. Lol.

Man that row looks incredible!!

#2606 6 years ago

Played on machines with this mod for the first time at TPF and cannot understand the hype. I have a dimly lit arcade and add a few spots to my pins, but PS seems like overkill, IMHO. I don’t begrudge anyone for doing what makes them happy, so no judgement here.

#2607 6 years ago

Can’t cut a break with the scoop shooting balls SDTM. I’ve tried adjusting coil strength but less than 6 it doesn’t get out of the scoop, over 6 it’s either SDTM or left flipper.

#2608 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Can’t cut a break with the scoop shooting balls SDTM. I’ve tried adjusting coil strength but less than 6 it doesn’t get out of the scoop, over 6 it’s either SDTM or left flipper.

Did you try loosing mech from underneath and a slight turn to adjust?

#2609 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Did you try loosing mech from underneath and a slight turn to adjust?

Thanks Eric, but I’m not sure what you mean.

#2610 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Lift the playfield, loosen the screws holding the scoop assembly, turn the scoop so it faces a smidge more towards the apron, then tighten the screws again while holding the new position of the scoop in place.

#2611 6 years ago

Curious. Does API or has API suggested a so called definitive suggested play slope for this game? I am just amazed some people have VUK issues and others its just perfect. API is testing the crap out of EVERY game before they ship. Better QC than I have seen in Any pin company yet one persons installation is different then the next. Seems like the only common denominator is the end installer. Is it possible they designed and tested the games at say 6.5 degrees for perfection and owners are using a different angle? Or possibly not properly leveling at all? My Star Wars as an example just plain stunk until I visited a friend and he showed me the angle he uses and Bam, the ball rolled like an arrow. Just a thought as I find it hard to believe these could be different. Unless of coarse they are in Australia where the ball rolls the other direction.

#2612 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Man that row looks incredible!!

Thanks bud! Hopefully a Iron Maiden LE or Premium and a MBrLE will be joining the lineup soon! It was great meeting ya at TPF, if you are ever in the Richmond area let me know, House is open to ya!

#2613 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Vireland said it best.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Life the playfield, loosen the screws holding the scoop assembly, turn the scoop so it faces a smidge more towards the apron, then tighten the screws again while holding the new position of the scoop in place.

Quoted from Yelobird:

6.5 degrees for perfection and owners are using a different angle?

Game is supposed to be 6.5. Out of box all leg levelers all the way up.

#2614 6 years ago

Vireland said it best.

Game is supposed ro be 6.5. Out of box all leg levelers all the way up.

Don’t you mean all the down? I dunno I have mine raised a bit from stock. Just habit I suppose but I do like my games playing fast.

#2615 6 years ago

Vireland said it best.

Game is supposed ro be 6.5. Out of box all leg levelers all the way up.

Good tip thanks. That will help should I receive my games some day. lol Makes sense at 6.5

#2616 6 years ago

Don’t you mean all the down? I dunno I have mine raised a bit from stock. Just habit I suppose but I do like my games playing fast.

Well...i guess i could word it better.
Leg levelers scrwed all the way up, not out...thus leg levelers as close to leg bottom as possible.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Good tip thanks. That will help should I receive my games some day. lol Makes sense at 6.5

You will get your game soon i suppose as soon as its made. The wait is based on when you put deposit in.
The AP gang tried to make this game out of box as easy as possible. Thus the design of out of box, leg levelers up, they come out of box this way, then game should be damn close to 6.5. Now if you have carpet or such, may have to make small adjustment.

#2617 6 years ago

Well...i guess i could word it better.
Leg levelers scrwed all the way up, not out...thus leg levelers as close to leg bottom as possible.

You will get your game soon i suppose as soon as its made. The wait is based on when you put deposit in.
The AP gang tried to make this game out of box as easy as possible. Thus the design of out of box, leg levelers up, they come out of box this way, then game should be damn close to 6.5. Now if you have carpet or such, may have to make small adjustment.

The answer to that is June with full deposit. Anxiously waiting non the less unless CG announces something on my wish list lol. Hoping to feel the magic soon.

#2618 6 years ago

Anyone seeing this happen ? I've bent switch back a couple times as it continues to occur, and actually made sure it was slightly angled as to try and prevent the sideload or hitting at an angle. I believe that when it hits front Blue "A" to the right of it, it hits Green "E" at angle
Got a new one from AP and will put on today but lining it up appears may do same...

Curious if others are seeing this ?

Love the game !

IMG_1124 (resized).JPGIMG_1124 (resized).JPG

#2619 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

how many of these will be at MGC?
I need more time on a production machine.

4 machines, that is what we are shooting for.

#2620 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEUS:

Wondering if your flipper strength is to high?
I have not seen this, 460 games into my machine.

#2621 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEUS:

Not yet but I only have about 100 games on mine.

#2622 6 years ago

Anyone else experiencing inconsistencies with general coil strengths? Lower canon, scoop, flipper strength all seem to change from game to game.

#2623 6 years ago

Does anyone else think that the mode countdown timer is too short? I'm an intermediate player and I rarely complete a modes. I find that very frustrating at times. You get 45 seconds to complete most of these modes to complete 3 or 4 shots. If you brick the first shot you're screwed.

The clock on the animation looks like it goes to 60. Maybe there could be an option to set to 60 instead for us average players.

#2624 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Does anyone else think that the mode countdown timer is too short? I'm an intermediate player and I rarely complete a modes. I find that very frustrating at times. You get 45 seconds to complete most of these modes to complete 3 or 4 shots. If you brick the first shot you're screwed.
The clock on the animation looks like it goes to 60. Maybe there could be an option to set to 60 instead for us average players.

Agreed, feels unusually short. Especially the milk can mode. But that's par for the course, nothing's easy on this game.

#2625 6 years ago
Quoted from ZEUS:

Anyone seeing this happen ? I've bent switch back a couple times as it continues to occur, and actually made sure it was slightly angled as to try and prevent the sideload or hitting at an angle. I believe that when it hits front Blue "A" to the right of it, it hits Green "E" at angle

Haven't seen it on the one here (yet), but I can see how it might happen.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2626 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Anyone else experiencing inconsistencies with general coil strengths? Lower canon, scoop, flipper strength all seem to change from game to game.

The only one that varies that I've noticed is the scoop, and it's wildly inconsistent. Flippers, catapult, and VUK were all great once we got them dialed in. I think the trunk has missed once in hundreds of plays.

#2627 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

That's not currently an option in software? It needs to be, I was planning on adjusting it to make it easier until I get better at the layout

#2628 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Makes me wonder if your power to the game is fluctuating ?

LTG : )

#2629 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

That's not currently an option in software? It needs to be, I was planning on adjusting it to make it easier until I get better at the layout

We didn't change them, but pretty sure there are options for adjusting the mode lengths.

#2630 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We didn't change them, but pretty sure there are options for adjusting the mode lengths.

I can't find such a setting for mode length. The only thing related to the stage modes is how difficult it is to open the stage. There is a setting for the King of Cards Timer but that is the only one I see.

Josh - Any chance to add a setting to extend the stage mode timer?

#2631 6 years ago

Does Houdini use the Multimorphic RGB LED boards or are they custom to AP?

#2632 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I can't find such a setting for mode length. The only thing related to the stage modes is how difficult it is to open the stage. There is a setting for the King of Cards Timer but that is the only one I see.
Josh - Any chance to add a setting to extend the stage mode timer?

I would like to see a ball save timer too for the subway kick out. Is there any plan for these additional features in upcoming code Josh?

#2633 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

sometimes I think my flippers feel weak,then the next hit they are fine

#2634 6 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

sometimes I think my flippers feel weak,then the next hit they are fine

Could be street power fluctuations?

#2635 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Of course for those did not like it, I'm sure they would not stop to tell me that.

I might!

Nah, I'd just tell you I was super proud of you, I hope American Pinball appreciates everything you've done for them. It's really awesome after years of coming by to check out your homebrews to see you enjoying the success of an actual factory pin.

Quoted from rosh:

Eric, I really want to thank you for taking your brand new machine to Arcade Expo for all to enjoy. Not a lot of guys are willing to take a brand new game right out of the box, set up and have 500+ games played on it before you have even had it in your home. Guys like you are what make this a great community.

Yeah man, Eric is a good peoples. SoCal pinball is a great community.

#2636 6 years ago

I doubt it.none of my other pins do this.....

#2637 6 years ago

Absolutely not line problems. Modern switchers handle a very large input voltage range and adapt. You don't even need a different supply for 110V vs. 220V.

FETs don't change Rds-ON, coils don't change their field characteristics like this...

Software bug most likely - what else could it be?

#2638 6 years ago

re: pinstadium lighting

all manufactures should add controlled lighting packages as standard.

I don't think Houdini needs it personally.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Agree. It's lit very tastefully, and works in a dark room just fine.

IMG_20180318_165759 (resized).jpgIMG_20180318_165759 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180318_165759 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_20180318_165759 (2) (resized).jpg

IMG_20180318_165839 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_20180318_165839 (2) (resized).jpg

#2639 6 years ago

Bad pictures, actually i found that the upper pf is too bright, so i changed the upper led in the light socket for a purple.
you can do the same thing for the ball through, purple. a $3 comet led strip.

other than that, i also think the pf is very well lit.

#2640 6 years ago

Question for American Pinball:

What is the power ratings on Houdini? Just the ones on the back is fine. If you happen to know power usage as it is on an arcade floor not being played that would be great too.

Couldn't get near one at TPF let alone behind one ( - :

Thank you

#2641 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Those pictures are massively exaggerated and represent your bad camera more than the reality of Houdini pf lighting, which is fine, as-is.

#2642 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Just a suggestion for Scotts best interest. I would keep the PS light feedback on his thread where everyone that wants it can find it. He has been doing a better job of Moderating his marketing and this nor these photos will help his cause. lol

#2643 6 years ago

I agree with GreenHornet. And it would be rude to go into the PS thread and suggest that all manufacturers should have stadium style lighting... but they should.

Houdini essentially does have a strip of LEDs at the back of the playfield. Just need to add them to the sides as well. Make them RGBs and we’re in business. Maybe on Oktoberfest.

#2644 6 years ago

Your photos are edited because these were taken from my game pre and post Houdini pinstadium kit in a fully dark room at night. It looks very different than yours.... the bottom portion of the pf does need some help with no ambient light but it isn’t like your photo. Either way I approve of those kits on any machine.

Actual unedited photos below

D64E0416-B998-4BBF-8F3C-220F95DAA74A.jpegD64E0416-B998-4BBF-8F3C-220F95DAA74A.jpeg

EC4ED4B3-E531-4681-AEC2-3EC5264D7D20.jpegEC4ED4B3-E531-4681-AEC2-3EC5264D7D20.jpeg

#2645 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I agree with GreenHornet. And it would be rude to go into the PS thread and suggest that all manufacturers should have stadium style lighting... but they should.
Houdini essentially does have a strip of LEDs at the back of the playfield. Just need to add them to the sides as well. Make them RGBs and we’re in business. Maybe on Oktoberfest.

I simply suggested taking the Pinstadium content and moving it to the Pinstadium thread. I Too have them on Many of my games but I choose to share my experience on that thread for others of That interest to find. This thread is best served by API and the users with interest and even issues regarding Houdini. As soon as this Game thread gets polluted with Product fodder it will quickly become useless. Love my PS lights and Scott os great. This channel in my view is for Josh and the API team Houdini support.

Plus. As management has already made Written statement on this thread that Mod lighting will Void your warranty Why would you want to temp fait posting this in this thread?

#2646 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I simply suggested taking the Pinstadium content and moving it to the Pinstadium thread. I Too have them on Many of my games but I choose to share my experience on that thread for others of That interest to find. This thread is best served by API and the users with interest and even issues regarding Houdini. As soon as this Game thread gets polluted with Product fodder it will quickly become useless. Love my PS lights and Scott os great. This channel in my view is for Josh and the API team Houdini support.
Plus. As management has already made Written statement on this thread that Mod lighting will Void your warranty Why would you want to temp fait posting this in this thread?

It plugs into the service port station, there is literally nothing that the kit can do to hurt the game. But anyways. Back to Houdini. I also have the random power issue with my scoop. It is just never really consistent. :/ seems wierd, I have that issue and now that I moved the shooter plunger over to try to center on the ball as it was way off the left, the autoplunger is now not centered and has some wierd plunges. :sigh: it’s playable and mostly all good, after the alien fiasco I went through this seems minor.

#2647 6 years ago

This thread is all things Houdini. Nothing wrong showing pictures of a Houdini with Pin Stadium installed. Thanks for posting them they look great!

#2648 6 years ago
Quoted from t2000:

Nothing wrong showing pictures of a Houdini with Pin Stadium installed.

Don't think it's showing a pic of Pinstadium lights on a Houdini as much as not accurately portraying the actual factory lighting system!
I'm known to like bright, however my Houdini is lit just fine...

#2649 6 years ago

Thanks American Pinball and Jesse from pincades. I got Houdini all set up in my gameroom and I'm loving it. I'm looking forward to trying my best to even get to a mini wizard mode.

The packaging was top notch along with all the instructions. Everything except one minor decal wrinkle looks perfect. Good job American pinball, I look forward to game #2

20180325_201807 (resized).jpg20180325_201807 (resized).jpg

#2650 6 years ago

Finally had a chance to play this weekend. As a long time collector and someone who loves to just PLAY lots I wanted to throw a small review / first inpression post here.

I believe the game I played had a at least a few thousand plays on it already and I must say I was impressed with the quality and the playfield still looked mint.

In my 6 games I didn’t even notice to try the milk shot. I did hit it a number of times but I do believe that to be a very hard shot or needing a bit of “luck” to make it. Considering the theme I have no problem with that and actually I like that as a uniquely theme oriented shot.

The other shots felt very satisfying especially the narrow orbit on the right. I am a lover of deep games with a lot going on. While Houdini does seem like there are plenty of modes and they are integrated in a fun way to be accomplished, I did not notice much stacking (if any) of modes or multiballs in any way. Again this is on minimal plays so I could be wrong here. Seemed there could be a lot more going on at once and there wasn’t.

The lighting was good for me, lcd screen was awesome but needed to be able to flipper through many of the slow parts. I think every manufacturer should have to include a flipper press to get through any delay longer than 3 seconds on the display. I like to play with no delay so others can watch if they want just please let me keep going.

Stage was cool, bullet shot lock worked perfect every time. Really sweet that is!

Room was too loud so I can’t comment on the sound. Game was a real beauty to look at! Most impressive and outshone the WOZ anniversary edition sitting next to it (I must admit the centre light was out on the WOZ and it looked dark as night without that)

If the game was available now, I could see an impulse buy getting the best of me because I really did enjoy it... scored 650,000 on my best game. I understand the demand and delay but takes me out for now.(just not a “waiter” ya know) I look forward to watching the game develop and can’t wait to get much more gameplay in. Great job AP ! Congrats.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 14,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/53?hl=snes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.