Topic Stats

• 8,521 posts
  • 525 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by wesman
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,180 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B50F841E-E889-43F0-93C7-0C4CBECEF72F (resized).jpeg
Houdini rd (resized).jpg
B0A59720-3109-4366-A958-89734AE22441 (resized).jpeg
20190315_155922 (resized).jpg
20190315_030211 (resized).jpg
20190315_030253 (resized).jpg
20190220_220353 (resized).jpg
lites (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E3F51772-C78A-4AAB-B019-A786AC49901B (resized).jpeg
A2123B62-2706-48FC-B5BE-D1A9DDCFDCB9 (resized).jpeg
35DFBA78-89B8-4643-ADFD-F03BE383E3E2 (resized).jpeg
858C4D73-37E6-4470-ABF9-102C63C163A4 (resized).jpeg
F984C9DF-09AF-4327-826D-ED5D502EC93F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 8521 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 171.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from DBLM:

Looks really cool! What is up with the chain on the right ramp?

Looks decorative

#202 1 year ago

Impressive...it has my interest.

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Looks decorative

Watching one of the videos it was moving. Who knows

#204 1 year ago

Want to learn more about the game. This is a strong statement by AP. If it checks out, count me in.

#205 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

There won't be a flipping game in Texas. No way, no how.
Maybe artwork displays? But no game.

Just because that's the first post that came up when I opened this thread.

#206 1 year ago

Pinnovators amplifier in the game.

#207 1 year ago

the fact that they made it in 4 months, it's pretty damn impressive.
game is not that bad, a few things i don't like but if it's playing nice, i might be in.

#208 1 year ago

Looks nice

#209 1 year ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

the fact that they made it in 4 months, it's pretty damn impressive.
game is not that bad, a few things i don't like but if it's playing nice, i might be in.

Yeah i agree if they can do this in 4 month wait till 1 year But it all depend on code and how it shoots. I think American Pinball is the real deal

#210 1 year ago

It looks great so far. And to think it only took 4 months, while someone else is still trying to dial it in.

#211 1 year ago

I see what you did there...

#212 1 year ago

I would think they will make some
Improvements

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from Evilive69:

It looks great so far. And to think it only took 4 months, while someone else is still trying to dial it in.

HAHA i do think Dialed In well be awesome but if this game is cheaper and plays good might hurt there sales.

#214 1 year ago

I like that steampunk vibe it's got.

#215 1 year ago

Damn....Balcer did it. I take my hat off to the man for making a flippable game in 4 months. Making pinball is hard no more.

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

It's a good time to be in pinball again..

are they using any pinnovators products in the game?

#217 1 year ago

Was Houdini a cyborg?
8bd37a960486d1ce3bb7f7d5618984119fc328fb (resized).jpg

#218 1 year ago

He is the terminator

#219 1 year ago

I like the looks of the game...they captured the turn of the century look.

#220 1 year ago

Have they given a timeline for when it will ship?

#221 1 year ago
Quoted from DBLM:

What is up with the chain on the right ramp?

I know, that doesn't remind me of Harry Houdini at all

HarryHoudini1899 (resized).jpg

#222 1 year ago

That spirit board has no place in a Houdini game. Houdini spent more of his life disproving and outing charlatans than he spent performing illusions and escapes. He was the Randi of his time, and probably the major inspiration for Randi to pursue that.

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

That spirit board has no place in a Houdini game. Houdini spent more of his life disproving and outing charlatans than he spent performing illusions and escapes. He was the Randi of his time, and probably the major inspiration for Randi to pursue that.

It was part of who he was in later years. Plus he did co-author a story with HP Lovecraft, so I'm good with it there.

#224 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

are they using any pinnovators products in the game?

The amplifier is mine.

#225 1 year ago

Balcer sure likes a lot of insert lamps.

#226 1 year ago

#227 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Balcer sure likes a lot of insert lamps.

That's a *good thing*, the more lamps the better.
Bring back bonus lamps, imo -- and a real bonus countdown sound...
-mof

#228 1 year ago

anyone catch the video of that cool ass catapult ? wowzers.. a ball flying up the playfield. Something new and fresh.

#229 1 year ago

Looks neat but not sure how everything works or where some of the shots go? Looks like alot of the holes and targets are just basically just getting lucky bounces and hoping the ball just falls/hits them which im not a fan of. The stuff that back alley made looks nice tho. Is there only 1 ramp or an i missing the other entrance? Here are some good pics.....FB_IMG_1490418646749 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1490418643838 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1490418641035 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1490418638129 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1490418635283 (resized).jpg

#230 1 year ago
Quoted from MarcelG:

anyone catch the video of that cool ass catapult ? wowzers.. a ball flying up the playfield. Something new and fresh.

Yea maybe but i can see it being a big issue with the distance and force its using....

#231 1 year ago

If they can manufacture these games i.e beyond boutique level, AP are going to be a serious contender.

#232 1 year ago

I bet j pop is pissed!!

#233 1 year ago

no pictures from underneath the playfield?
Is there a subway ramp like in STTNG ?
Are there Magnets?

#234 1 year ago

It looks like a fun game, it has me raising my eyebrow. Only one eyebrow though, have to watch closely.

#235 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just because that's the first post that came up when I opened this thread.

I'll totally own that, I was completely wrong. When I said that, they hadn't even wired up the whitewood yet. So, props to them for the incredible last minute push to get it out.

#236 1 year ago

Looks good, only nitpicking, I think the chains look too chromy, would look better if they matched the colour of the clasp of the rear padlock.
Fair effort for 3/4 months!

#237 1 year ago

I like the steampunk elements, but I am not digging the new backbox design. Reminds me of Gottlieb/Premiere 80s cabinet designs. Yuck. I'm iffy on the new art too, it doesn't seem to come together like the previous package. The actual flow and layout appears interesting and fun. That right ramp is smooth as silk. I'll reserve my full judgement when I play it. I'm just happy to see AP getting things moving! I wish them luck.

#238 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

When I said that, they hadn't even wired up the whitewood yet.

Where did you pull that out of your ass?

#239 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Where did you pull that out of your ass?

Directly from the people involved in building it.

#240 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Directly from the people involved in building it.

I think you might have misunderstood...... The full playfields were not yet done. Just take a few seconds to think about it and it makes more sense.

#241 1 year ago

This thing looks pretty sweet for a first pin from a new manufacture . Choices are a good thing.

#242 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I think you might have misunderstood.......The whitewood was playing at that point. The full playfields were not yet done. Just take a few seconds to think about it and it makes more sense.

Or perhaps it was purposely left ambiguous in the description. Like I said, I totally own being wrong.

#243 1 year ago

When I have more time I'll respond to more items

There was no shooting anything until two weeks ago and no playfield with Leds until this past Monday. . Never had a wired whitewood.

Three magnets

Yes, chain not right look/color, what we could get for now

Yes, shots are tight, takes a few games to get the feel, can then be made regularly, some teams will be made, remember what I said above about how long we have been shooting it. the jail/magic shop hole requires banking a shot off the stage or stage rubber or some luck off the pops, by design.

#244 1 year ago

hi there Rosh, it looks realy cool!
great job in sutch little time. congratz!

Hope to play one in Holland someday!

#246 1 year ago

This is amazing how far you have come in such a short time. Thanks for sharing this insight rosh. Like you said, a few tweaks and it will play even better.

#247 1 year ago

:)Looks good, ramp shot looks really tight. Any way to widen that a little.

#248 1 year ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Or perhaps it was purposely left ambiguous in the description. Like I said, I totally own being wrong.

Not ambiguous

#249 1 year ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I think you might have misunderstood.......The game was playing at that point, no lights or sounds wired up yet. Just take a few seconds to think about it and it makes more sense.

#250 1 year ago

I have seen the development of this game over the last few months, and to have two shooting games built in less then a few weeks is epic. These guys spent 12-16 hours a day or more to get this ready for the TPF roll out. I have personally seen it from the start of the measurements, art work, design, and cad drawings ,on to the Toys from Back Alley Creations, Laser cut parts from laseriffic and others till now a flipping game. These guys hit this deep into center field over the wall with this one. Hats off to all involved @ American Pinball.
I was lucky enough to get to shoot this game for over 3 hours of testing and programming ( from Josh ) last Monday Evening, yes there are some tough shots on the game as well as easier ones, It's Pinball!, Tougher games aggravate you, make you a better player, and bring you back for more fun.

Pincades
Jesse T

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, NY
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fenton, MI
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 229.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8521 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 171.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside