20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 297.
#2301 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So does this mean we will 2 AP reps dealing with all the questions?

2 reps...no waiting! Being available for the customer....what a concept!

#2302 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Welcome Barry!

Yes we are both here to help!

#2303 6 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Thanks Barry, welcome to pinside.

#2304 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thanks Barry, welcome to pinside.

+1. Welcome Barry.

#2305 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I didn't think I was doing a good job keeping you guys up to date and answering questions, so I twisted Barry's arm to join pinside to help me.

#2306 6 years ago

First job Barry, call Heighway, explain how customer service and care works. Then twist their arm to hire 2 people for pinside lol.

#2307 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

First job Berry, call Heighway, explain how customer service and care works. Then twist their arm to hire 2 people for pinside lol.

Isn't "Berry" kind of a slur?

#2308 6 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Thanks for the additional support Barry. Josh is a rock star in my book so the more the merry. You Could however post Josh’s Home phone so we have 24/7 access! Lol. Looking forward to my (3) machines ordered but per Joe at PinballStar you guys are making sure No detail is left to chance. Worth the wait.

#2309 6 years ago

So the guy who is the absolute best at keeping the customers up to date, better than any company in the business, got more help because he wasn't doing a good enough job keeping us up to date. Priceless! Rosh, you are the best man.

#2310 6 years ago

Sent my deposit. I am hoping things are moving along down at AP.

#2311 6 years ago

Can hardly wait to see what comes next, everybody says pinball is hard! Pinball may be hard however you guys are doing right!
Thanks for the parts manual ... Very nicely done!
Thumbs up! (Again) probably not the last time I will say this!

#2312 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn't "Berry" kind of a slur?

Phone typo, been corrected.

#2313 6 years ago

Any Houdini’s in the Deep South? GA? AL? SC? I played one at SFGE and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately I dumped my Houdini money into a MB so I can’t buy one but I’d love to play on route.

#2314 6 years ago

Flashinstinct's Houdini Target Decals Set installed, a must for this game.

houdini target decals (resized).JPGhoudini target decals (resized).JPG
houdini target decals2 (resized).JPGhoudini target decals2 (resized).JPG
houdini target decals3 (resized).JPGhoudini target decals3 (resized).JPG
houdini target decals4 (resized).JPGhoudini target decals4 (resized).JPG
houdini target decals7 (resized).JPGhoudini target decals7 (resized).JPG

#2315 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Flashinstinct's Houdini Target Decals Set installed, a must for this game.

Looks great! Can’t wait for mine to arrive

#2316 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Josh is a rock star in my book

I sent him an email on a Sunday,not expecting a reply till Monday.He responded 5 min later.Amazing

#2317 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Rosh, you are the best man.

Thanks.

Obviously I was joking about not keeping up, although as more people buy Houdini . . . The reality is after I forwarded a couple of items to Barry over the weekend, he got a pinside account so that he could get the info direct.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

everybody says pinball is hard!

Pinball is hard. Listening and honest communication thats a little easier. Although to be on pinside, you also need to have a pretty thick skin.

#2319 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Although to be on pinside, you also need to have a pretty thick skin.

Truer words were never spoken.

#2320 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Truer words were never spoken.

Shut up!

#2322 6 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Any Houdini’s in the Deep South? GA? AL? SC?

There are a few down there, but not sure if any are on location. Larry from flip 'n out, flipnout1 might know, since he distributes into a lot of that area.

#2323 6 years ago

I got my game saturday morning and everybody played the heck out of it all weekend long. I like the tight shots...it keeps things interesting and they can be perfected with time. And I love to see how frustrated some people get after missing them lol. This game is totally addicting. The code updates in the future will be interesting. The quality looks awesome. I also liked that they put regular bayonet base bulbs in the lower playfield around the slings. It gives us the option of playing with some colored lighting further down the road as we get interested in changing things up and adding trough lighting etc. Great work Josh and crew!

And I would like to give a big shout out to my dealer Gary Monarch from Abel Electronics in St. Clair Shores, Michigan. I was so geeked to get it asap that he came in early saturday morning and opened up the shop so that I could pick it up. What a great guy!

#2324 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

There are a few down there, but not sure if any are on location. Larry from flip 'n out, flipnout1 might know, since he distributes into a lot of that area.

There is one on an RL truck that will be delivered in NC come morning, let the games begin.

#2325 6 years ago

Are Houdini machines in stock ready-to-ship anywhere or still on waitlist/preorders?

#2326 6 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Are Houdini machines in stock ready-to-ship anywhere or still on waitlist/preorders?

Still on wait list and preorders. I just placed an order for one and I'm not expecting it for a few months.

#2327 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Still on wait list and preorders. I just placed an order for one and I'm not expecting it for a few months.

No one has stock. I’ve had a preorder since October and no calls from the distro yet. I’ve never bought NIB before so I don’t know if this is just what it’s like ? But there must be a lot of people ahead of me. I’ve called around to other distros and they promise earlier delivery so that may sway me

#2328 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No one has stock. I’ve had a preorder since October and no calls from the distro yet. I’ve never bought NIB before so I don’t know if this is just what it’s like ? But there must be a lot of people ahead of me. I’ve called around to other distros and they promise earlier delivery so that may sway me

Gotcha! What is the soonest you’ve heard from a distributor so far?

#2329 6 years ago

They started building these at the beginning of the year and are up to around #80. They are more concerned with building a quality machine than getting them out the door, so it will take some time. Figure 20 games a week made and shipped and you should be able to ball park a guesstimate on when you get your game. You should get a number from your distributor, right?

Quoted from wfumed2:

#2330 6 years ago

Last time that I checked I am number 12 on the pre-order list at my distributor and I placed my order December 30th. I don't expect my game anytime soon either.

#2331 6 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

May

#2332 6 years ago

hard game but nothing is impossible.

houdini high score as of 07:03:18 (resized).JPGhoudini high score as of 07:03:18 (resized).JPG

#2333 6 years ago

I got the call from my distributor yesterday and mine will be shipping on Tuesday! I had to specify if I wanted the side art and magic glass installed. I ordered the side art installed. It's getting closer!

#2334 6 years ago

I placed my order for (3) machines back in June 2017 and have heard no new updates at this point. Hoping API sends some love to Joe@PinballStar soon.....

#2335 6 years ago

Damn Bob! That's a great game.

#2336 6 years ago

I'd like to see a challenge as to who can spell Houdini and make it through Master Magician mode first on the default settings. There was a similar challenge going on for TNA.

#2337 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I'd like to see a challenge as to who can spell Houdini and make it through Master Magician mode first on the default settings. There was a similar challenge going on for TNA.

I've been waiting to see someone get to Movie Binge and/or Great Jail Escape -- which are in the latest code release (sans some voice calls, animations). I think movie binge will be the easiest of the three mini-magician modes to get to it, and has huge points if you do well with it (and you did well with the individual movie modes when you did them).

Been working on Ultimate Secret Mission today, then I'll get to the Houdini Master Magician mode.

#2338 6 years ago

Quoted from Yelobird:I placed my order for (3) machines back in June 2017 and have heard no new updates at this point. Hoping API sends some love to Joe@PinballStar soon.....

Oh great that does not make me feel good. Joe told me that the machine would ship to my door from Chicago, but I guess it still ships through his account. This is hella confusing, especially with other guys I’ve called saying they can have it in a month. I figured Joe had some pull, he always puts on such a great show

Added over 6 years ago: Original post implies I was somehow worried about PInballSTAR and Joe Newhart, which was not what I meant. Only meant I was worried I would be waiting a LONG time, and getting different info from different people. Joe is good people.!

#2339 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Oh great that does not make me feel good. Joe told me that the machine would ship to my door from Chicago, but I guess it still ships through his account. This is hella confusing, especially with other guys I’ve called saying they can have it in a month. I figured Joe had some pull, he always puts on such a great show

I’m with you. Assumed with a June order I would be higher on the list but with all the Canada and other shipments there apparently was a longer line. Sad thing is I’m only 15 minutes from the factory but it looks like the wait will be worth it. My orders will stand unless my POTC CE comes in first or CG drops a surprise release bomb of awesome before that time. That could sway my patience. Lol

#2340 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I’m with you. Assumed with a June order I would be higher on the list but with all the Canada and other shipments there apparently was a longer line. Sad thing is I’m only 15 minutes from the factory but it looks like the wait will be worth it. My orders will stand unless my POTC CE comes in first or CG drops a surprise release bomb of awesome before that time. That could sway my patience. Lol

CGC just announced a delay to remake 3, so ... hopefully JJp comes through. I’ve been waiting on houdini since after it was re-unveiled. It will be in the collection! I think my enthusiasm is turning into entitled complaining though So I’ll just enjoy what we have for now. And maybe a couple trips to the place nearby that has one on location!

#2341 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

CGC just announced a delay to remake 3, so ... hopefully JJp comes through. I’ve been waiting on houdini since after it was re-unveiled. It will be in the collection! I think my enthusiasm is turning into entitled complaining though So I’ll just enjoy what we have for now. And maybe a couple trips to the place nearby that has one on location!

Lol yep that’s what I am doing again tomorrow. Heading over to 257 to dump yet more cash into a row of games I bought but can’t have yet. Lol. What kind of sickness is this!! If you get your game before me though be warned you will have a visitor! Lol. I’m out in Norfolk visiting my kids bi-monthly.

#2342 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah, I placed my order back in July (although I updated it to request Magic Glass and Side Art). No machine yet.

#2343 6 years ago

I just got my machine today. Ordered with the side blades but they were not there. Distributor is sending them for me to install now I guess.

#2344 6 years ago

I ordered mine in May and was told today it may be here in a week or so!

#2345 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol yep that’s what I am doing again tomorrow. Heading over to 257 to dump yet more cash into a row of games I bought but can’t have yet. Lol. What kind of sickness is this!! If you get your game before me though be warned you will have a visitor! Lol. I’m out in Norfolk visiting my kids bi-monthly.

You are eminently welcome! Hell, stop by if any of the current collection interests you!

#2346 6 years ago

Spent the afternoon playing Houdni @ Ayce Gogi in SoCal and damn, what a fun game. Shots are tight as hell but I didn't mind at all. Ball launch into trunk needs adjustment as it was missing most of the time. Didn't take away from my enjoyment. Can't wait to get mine...

#2347 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I got the call from my distributor yesterday and mine will be shipping on Tuesday! I had to specify if I wanted the side art and magic glass installed. I ordered the side art installed. It's getting closer!

Congrats! Just curious when you placed your order?

#2348 6 years ago
Quoted from Zaquar:

Congrats! Just curious when you placed your order?

I don't remember exactly... maybe September??? The list at my distributor wasn't very deep at that time. I still wasn't sure Houdini was the way to go. I almost went with TNA. Still want that TNA but Houdini was too much of a dream theme for me and packed a lot in for the money. When I finally got to play a Houdini I was very happy with my decision to reserve a spot.

I certainly feel your pain if you've waited longer than me! I like my dealer so if his pre-order list was already lengthy I still would have stuck with him.

#2349 6 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I don't remember exactly... maybe September??? The list at my distributor wasn't very deep at that time. I still wasn't sure Houdini was the way to go. I almost went with TNA. Still want that TNA but Houdini was too much of a dream theme for me and packed a lot in for the money. When I finally got to play a Houdini I was very happy with my decision to reserve a spot.
I certainly feel your pain if you've waited longer than me! I like my dealer so if his pre-order list was already lengthy I still would have stuck with him.

Nobody should feel any pain. This Is an awesome pin and will certainly be worth the wait. A great team whose only fault is wanting to make sure every game is perfect. Look on the bright side, they are still 4 years ahead of the wait for The Big Lebowski!

#2350 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Nobody should feel any pain. This Is an awesome pin and will certainly be worth the wait. A great team whose only fault is wanting to make sure every game is perfect. Look on the bright side, they are still 4 years ahead of the wait for The Big Lebowski!

and with software that is getting done a lot faster.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/47?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.