20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 297.
#1951 6 years ago

Further bit of feedback which I forgot. Pops on the example at L257 needed to be adjusted. Thought they were super weak.

One other thing for the game in general, I think the mass of bright, cool white GI towards the rear of the machine would look way better and less harsh in warm white.

Not sure what the GI arrangements are on the game? Can one change them?

#1952 6 years ago

Another Houdini on location!

Tyler's Tender in Schererville

20180130_210140 (resized).jpg20180130_210140 (resized).jpg

#1953 6 years ago

Pincades of Indiana (Chicago Land Area) has a Houdini @ Tyler's Tender in Schererville, IN
You can find it on the locator map as well with there hours and location.
There current line up is now updated.

It will be there till my show season starts in March.
Any questions on ordering one 219-924-PINS(7467) phone only
or 219-808-6063 text or call.

Thanks
and enjoy
Pincades
Jesse t

20180130_223946 (resized).jpg20180130_223946 (resized).jpg

20180130_223957 (resized).jpg20180130_223957 (resized).jpg

20180130_224005 (resized).jpg20180130_224005 (resized).jpg

#1954 6 years ago

American Pinball has recently become aware of statements made by DeeprootTech in an interview. Deeproot's statements misrepresent the situation and in particular the status of any rights of John Popadiuk relative to his work on the first Houdini™ pinball machine concept. In brief, only API has the rights to market or produce a Houdini™ pinball machine.

#1955 6 years ago

so AP paid jpop the $99 first?

#1956 6 years ago

WHO CARES!!!Lets just get out our pins,OK???

#1957 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

WHO CARES!!!Lets just get out our pins,OK???

API cares hence their statement. I doubt it has any effect on current production, carry on.

#1958 6 years ago

Pretty sad as I'm understanding that AP was instrumental in getting the Magic Girls out the door ... Punishment enough!
Carry on producing great product!
Loving mine!

#1959 6 years ago
Quoted from AmericanPinball:

American Pinball has recently become aware of statements made by DeeprootTech in an interview. Deeproot's statements misrepresent the situation and in particular the status of any rights of John Popadiuk relative to his work on the first Houdini™ pinball machine concept. In brief, only API has the rights to market or produce a Houdini™ pinball machine.

Just out of curiousity: when the game was announced I read that the name Houdini was never trademarked and basically was in the public domain (or something like that). How can you now claim to have the exclusive rights to market and produce a Houdini pinball machine? If the name is public domain doesn't that mean anyone can use the name and slap it on whatever they want? Obviously they can't copy your product, but when using a different layout and artwork I doubt there would be a problem. Or are you referring to something else?

#1960 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Just out of curiousity: when the game was announced I read that the name Houdini was never trademarked

What was said is that Houdini left no estate that controls the rights, however, we trademarked Houdini for use in pinball, etc.. Obviously there are other aspects of what jpop believes that AP sees differently.

Personally, and this is me talking, not AP, I find it reprehensible that Jpop would even consider doing this, after everything that AP did to help him.

#1961 6 years ago

JPop do something reprehensible? NFW!

#1962 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Personally, and this is me talking, not AP, I find it reprehensible that Jpop would even consider doing this, after everything that AP did to help him.

Indeed!

#1963 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

But given his history, is it really a surprise? I mean, really...his record speaks for itself.

#1964 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

What was said is that Houdini left no estate that controls the rights, however, we trademarked Houdini for use in pinball, etc.. Obviously there are other aspects of what jpop believes that AP sees differently.

Given their inimitable track records... it seems with deeproot, JPop has really found himself amongst cats of a ... similar character...

#1965 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Given their inimitable track records... it seems with deeproot, JPop has really found himself amongst cats of a ... similar character...

IMG_0104 (resized).JPGIMG_0104 (resized).JPG

IMG_0105 (resized).JPGIMG_0105 (resized).JPG

IMG_0106 (resized).JPGIMG_0106 (resized).JPG

IMG_0107 (resized).JPGIMG_0107 (resized).JPG

IMG_0108 (resized).JPGIMG_0108 (resized).JPG

#1966 6 years ago

Well I don’t know about you, but that made MY day!’

#1967 6 years ago

Let's just say this jpop/deeproot shit would have never made this beautiful, working, API Houdini!

#1968 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Let's just say this jpop/deeproot shit would have never made this beautiful, working, API Houdini!

I was at the expo reveal of the JPOP Houdini playfield. At first glance, it looked pretty nice. Upon closer inspection, I could only liken it to the Winchester house.

#1969 6 years ago

If you read my old Houdini comments in the old houdini boutique tread i was Always possitive when some people where very sceptic that it was impossible to build a new houdini machine in a very short time.
Wel.... congraculations Josh and your team, the machine looks awesome.
Very very nice indeed.

One tip get rid of that sharkey's shooyout backbox i hate it ,sorry.

#1970 6 years ago

Reminder that this weekend Saturday Feb 3rd it will be at Ronnie Rayguns in Huntsville, AL at the STA brewery. Time 2-6 PM so come and see us there for some Houdini action. If you haven't had a chance to play this game here it is. Play some pinball and grab a microbrew beer.

[email protected]

#1971 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I was at the expo reveal of the JPOP Houdini playfield. At first glance, it looked pretty nice. Upon closer inspection, I could only liken it to the Winchester house.

What a great idea for a theme!!!

#1972 6 years ago

Marvins Marvelous Mechanical Museum now has Houdini ! Going to take my son there today and finally play it.

#1973 6 years ago

Not to derail a terrific topic about a great pinball machine, but if you stumble upon the "interview" with Deep root that is referenced above, you will walk away with a good idea of the types of people involved there. It reminds me a lot of playground confidence, bombast, bragging and promises with little substance to back it up.

"Birds of a feather" are doing what they tend to do.

#1974 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Marvins Marvelous Mechanical Museum now has Houdini ! Going to take my son there today and finally play it.

I love hearing that, used to go there when I lived in the Detroit area, and then when my daughter was young we would go there when we went to visit family. It is a perfect theme for that place.

#1975 6 years ago

Just love these goodie bag extra's!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1976 6 years ago

Never seen a 'flipper bat alignment gauge' before....cool stuff.

#1977 6 years ago

I think jpoop want's to work on his "sexy Copperfield" instead......

#1978 6 years ago

Anyone know if Houdini is available to play in a public location in Manhattan, NY?
Thanks

#1979 6 years ago

can we see the flipper plastic in action?

cool idea!

#1980 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

Pincades of Indiana (Chicago Land Area) has a Houdini @ Tyler's Tender in Schererville, IN
You can find it on the locator map as well with there hours and location.
There current line up is now updated.
It will be there till my show season starts in March.
Any questions on ordering one 219-924-PINS(7467) phone only
or 219-808-6063 text or call.
Thanks
and enjoy
Pincades
Jesse t

Quick Friday bump for those who didn't catch this the first time.
Will do a local party soon!!!!!!!!!!

#1981 6 years ago

great idea on the alignment. The biggest problem when I'm adjusting the damn things is that the bat moves, unless I have someone to help, which I never do.

Love to see it in action too!

#1982 6 years ago

Flipper bat alignment gauge should be nominated for a TWIPPY. Reminds me of a pool rack that you hang on a wall nail for when you need it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1983 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Reminds me of a pool rack that you hang on a wall.

The silhouette reminds me of panties on the floor.

#1984 6 years ago

So it looks like Houdini's are really starting to show up at distributors and on location all over the place. Any ideas on how many have been produced at this point? Maybe a rough estimate from Rosh or even a motivated individual adding up all of the posts on Pinside.

#1985 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

So it looks like Houdini's are really starting to show up at distributors and on location all over the place. Any ideas on how many have been produced at this point? Maybe a rough estimate from Rosh or even a motivated individual adding up all of the posts on Pinside.

somewhere between 20-30 based on pinside posts but could be more since pinside is just a snippet

#1986 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

25 as of a few days ago.

#1987 6 years ago

20 to 30 sound about right based off of posts. I'm still really impressed with this game and the work that API put into it.

#1988 6 years ago

Is that more than Heighway has produced?

#1989 6 years ago

Played today at Marvins...sandwiched between an AFMr and MMr. Beautiful game, flipper strength seemed just right, catapult landed in the trunk every time. Shots are tough, for a novice like me anyway. A ball rolling down from the keyhole wants to go SDTM, once it burned me a couple times I was able to nudge it to the flipper. If I have one gripe it is that the front end sits about 3" shorter than the pins around it. It and the remakes all had the levelers at the lowest height so there was room to raise it, but the remakes height felt correct. Gave a more top down view of playfield, but im 6'2" and me and another player both felt it was sitting too low. Besides that I loved it, the challenge kept me wanting one more game. I barely put a dent in the code, lol im no pinball wizard for sure.

#1990 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

20 to 30 sound about right based off of posts.

Once or twice a day, I'll stretch my legs and go for a walk through the factory. Joe is usually in the exact same spot, at the end of the burn-in/test area where he is going over a machine and making finally adjustments, and I'll make the same lame joke of "how long are you going to be working on that one machine".

Whenever I am back there, I can see boxed games in the loading dock area, but unless I go look to see where they are going, can't really tell if they are same from earlier in the day or not. So, since things always 'look the same', hard for me to really have an accurate count, I'd guess between 25 and 30 have shipped. They have finished makes changes to the line, adding a couple of stations, and seems the pace is picking up as we have also added a couple of experienced workers to the line and to game inspection.

The next version of the code is going through test now, and I might put it on the machine at Level257 tonight (yes, you guys who play there are guinea pigs) and it is possible another site or two might install this test version. If nothing of note pops up after a couple of days we will make it available to all owners.

#1991 6 years ago

Is there a bass and treble adjustment ... Cannot seem to find it!

#1992 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Is there a bass and treble adjustment ... Cannot seem to find it!

You can adjust it directly on the amp, which is located in the head. You will see the controls on top.

#1993 6 years ago

What's the bug hunting finders fee?

#1994 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Played today at Marvins...sandwiched between an AFMr and MMr. Beautiful game, flipper strength seemed just right, catapult landed in the trunk every time. Shots are tough, for a novice like me anyway. A ball rolling down from the keyhole wants to go SDTM, once it burned me a couple times I was able to nudge it to the flipper. If I have one gripe it is that the front end sits about 3" shorter than the pins around it. It and the remakes all had the levelers at the lowest height so there was room to raise it, but the remakes height felt correct. Gave a more top down view of playfield, but im 6'2" and me and another player both felt it was sitting too low. Besides that I loved it, the challenge kept me wanting one more game. I barely put a dent in the code, lol im no pinball wizard for sure.

The leg bolts on the Houdini look like they are placed higher than where the bolts are on other games. Post #1953 of this thread shows Houdini next to another machine and you can see the legs are bolted higher up on the Houdini than on the machine next to it. It looks to be about 2 or 3 inches higher which would lower the game.

#1995 6 years ago

I’m really looking forward to getting this game.

#1996 6 years ago

Why do so many people keep calling Rosh Josh?

#1998 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Why do so many people keep calling Rosh Josh?

Rosh is Josh Kugler.

#1999 6 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Some gameplay. Last game was killer!
» YouTube video

Nice. I couldn't catch the live stream but I'll watch it later on for sure. You seem to be the only source for new gameplay on Houdini so thanks for doing that.

#2000 6 years ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Rosh is Josh Kugler.

Of "Kugler Family Pinball", one of the best shooting custom games ever made. I wonder if that's AP's next theme!

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/40?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.