20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 297.
#1801 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Crickets.... What happened where did everyone go ?

I posted two days ago and end of last week I think you need to adjust your expectations

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Any chance of posting when the shipping begins again ....

As you could see from Zach's post/video above, games are again leaving the factory. A few have left and about a dozen more are ready. There are another half dozen that went through inspection today and will be packed up tomorrow (Saturday) and a half dozen waiting for spots to open up in the inspection area. I believe distributors are being notified so they can arrange for pickup and shipping start of next week.

I know you guys like photos, so I've inserts a few below. A 'podcaster' commented about wanting to see people on the line, so I have included a photo of that. Not sure how many people we now have on staff, they keep adding them, and I have run out of fingers to count, but I do know that we now have more people than parking spaces(Rosh anticipates some pinsider pulling up the factory on google maps to count parking spaces.)

IMG_2948 (resized).JPGIMG_2948 (resized).JPGIMG_2946 (resized).JPGIMG_2946 (resized).JPGIMG_2945 (resized).JPGIMG_2945 (resized).JPGIMG_2952 (resized).JPGIMG_2952 (resized).JPG

#1802 6 years ago

You know, over and above the fact that most of us are in here drooling over these awesome games, these photos are REAlly really cool! I have not been on any factory tour (I guess I’ve seen a couple videos) but the behind the scenes on this is just very cool, even just these photos. The bins of parts, the line, etc.

#1803 6 years ago

nice, games are rolling out, it shouldn't be long now.

i think i see my game there.....

#1804 6 years ago

I see my game!!!

#1805 6 years ago

Hi Rosh, great effort to get machines out in record time for a startup.

Looking at the assembly line photo, the working height seems a bit low and may cause sore backs etc, looks about 3 inches too low.

Obviously I'm only going by the one photo.

#1806 6 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

the working height seems a bit low and may cause sore backs etc, looks about 3 inches too low.

The entire conveyor height can be adjusted so I'm sure they will change if they find it is too low

#1807 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

The entire conveyor height can be adjusted so I'm sure they will change if they find it is too low

Smackdown!!

#1808 6 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Hi Rosh, great effort to get machines out in record time for a startup.
Looking at the assembly line photo, the working height seems a bit low and may cause sore backs etc, looks about 3 inches too low.
Obviously I'm only going by the one photo.

Sorry, what an odd comment from the other side of the world looking at a photo?? Any comment on the dress attire? lol

#1809 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

(Rosh anticipates some pinsider pulling up the factory on google maps to count parking spaces.)

19 if you include the spot in front of the side door

#1810 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

19 if you include the spot in front of the side door

there is also street parking as well.

#1811 6 years ago

If you bump up that conveyor 3 inches, maybe you can squeeze an extra parking place in there as well.

#1812 6 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

there is also street parking as well.

No street parking. City won't let us, too many trucks up and down that road all day, there are a a three or four across the street but the business there fills them up early. Typically we end up with a car or two along the outer curb of the lot.

#1813 6 years ago

Looks like a better QC system than "other" companies have! I don't mind waiting for a FINISHED product! Still healing from GB node board failures, and B66 delivered Broke in box experiences!

#1814 6 years ago

Loving the updates Josh! Chalk outline on the floor for its arrival and placed my order for a third machine with Joe. Hoping to clear that shipping dock as soon as side blades arrive! So looking forward to this machine and future successes.

#1815 6 years ago

My distro told me February due to delays in production flipper power changes and GI LED voltage changes

#1816 6 years ago

My distro confirmed shipping from Chicago Tuesday/ Wednesday next week! Fingers crossed

#1817 6 years ago

To me it's Stern, CGC, JJP and AP.
Will not buy from anyone else that is around currently, and Stern being my least favorite out of the 4 due to their QC of the past 24 months.

I am beyond impressed with what I see here.
People not praising them for their work shows that AP have done everything right.

Quality is on point, hence fanboys cannot be butthurt and in circle-jerk defense mode should someone complain about a) waiting for 3 years b) not getting refunds c) lack of communication d) alpha or beta stage code at release or e) quality being shite.

Once the theme is right I will buy an AP.

#1818 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

My distro confirmed shipping from Chicago Tuesday/ Wednesday next week! Fingers crossed

How long have you been in line?

#1819 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How long have you been in line?

November .... Paid in full before Christmas ... First new in box for me ... Just amazed how the AP has been straight forward and on point with how the build came together. After reading horror stories of other pin manufacturing have let the customers down, I'm buying with great confidence!
Looking forward to getting the pin and looking forward to see what comes next from a great crew and support team!

#1820 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

November .... Paid in full before Christmas ... First new in box for me ... Just amazed how the AP has been straight forward and on point with how the build came together. After reading horror stories of other pin manufacturing have let the customers down, I'm buying with great confidence!
Looking forward to getting the pin and looking forward to see what comes next from a great crew and support team!

Every distro does it differently I guess. I’ve had a deposit since August or October but have never bought NIB before; I thought I was supposed to wait for communication from them first before paying in full

#1821 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I thought I was supposed to wait for communication from them first before paying i

Nitro is a very reputable distro here in Western Canada ... Great at supporting local shows , tournaments ect. As he is the direct contact to AP regarding my Houdini I fully take him at his word!
You are right regarding the small holding deposit (refundable) and complete payment when ready to ship!
Another reason to trust AP .....

#1822 6 years ago

Are those metal (reinforced) pallets, including a slip stopper? Kudos, if so. That's great to see.

I'm convinced that one of the reasons for Sterns particularly being damaged during transport is how weak and rickety the pallets are. The JJP ones aren't hugely better.

I've seen a bunch that have been totally destroyed .... and when they get damaged, the freight companies then put them (unsecured) on top of another pallet - that makes them very wobbly ... which can lead to the whole thing toppling over and getting smashed.

----

On another note, looking forward to playing the one at 257 next week, hopefully.

#1823 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Nitro is a very reputable distro here in Western Canada ... Great at supporting local shows , tournaments ect. As he is the direct contact to AP regarding my Houdini I fully take him at his word!
You are right regarding the small holding deposit (refundable) and complete payment when ready to ship!
Another reason to trust AP .....

Glad to hear it! Can’t wait to see your unboxing! Haha

#1824 6 years ago

In the factory photos , what is the difference between a HOU1234 and a HOU1234D

#1825 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Maybe a difference between export and Domestic ?

LTG : )

#1826 6 years ago

I’m looking forward to this but would really like to play one before laying out 10k AUD for one... but for what I’ve seen it looks really interesting and well integrated

#1827 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Any comment on the dress attire? lol

Funnily enough, a lot of factories down under require high visibility/flourecent tops to all workers...

By the way I wasn't having a dig at AP and sincerely admire what they have achieved.

#1828 6 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I’m looking forward to this but would really like to play one before laying out 10k AUD for one... but for what I’ve seen it looks really interesting and well integrated

I’m flying down to Wayne’s when he gets one in. Very impressed by what I’ve seen and heard here. rosh has been a fantastic ambassador for AP. keep up the great work. Maintain the high quality I’m seeing and these will fly out the door.

#1829 6 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Funnily enough, a lot of factories down under require high visibility/flourecent tops to all workers...
By the way I wasn't having a dig at AP and sincerely admire what they have achieved.

Funnily?

#1831 6 years ago

Look forward to getting once they have stock and work the bugs out.

#1833 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Interesting. Can’t recall hearing it used before.

I see it more in print than hear it in conversation, so not surprising.

#1834 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Good question.
Also saw a 1008 and 1016. Is this the numbering in production order?

#1835 6 years ago

Wanna watch some games on a production Houdini pinball machine?

#1836 6 years ago

ZMeny yes please. Love the magnets on this game.

#1837 6 years ago

I finally ordered frames for the translite (20" x 27") and play field (12" x 24"). They look great. I will need to determine where to display. But I bought an extra acrylic 20" x 27" plexiglass to put behind the translite so I can put LEDs behind it to light up if I decide to do so. The translite photo was taken with a bright flashlight shining behind it. (The shadows in the back are the hanging wire and the top of the dolly (dome shaped) I was using to hold the frame at a good height.)

I was trying to get these frames at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. They never had them in stock when they were on sale or not on sale. I could not get the exact sizes.

I bought these through etsy.com from a company called Craig Frames. They look great and the price was good considering that it was the exact size. I paid $78 for both frames, the extra acrylic 20" x 27". and shipping. I am very pleased. (I do not work for them. This is the first time I used Etsy and Craig Frames.)

Looks like their name is also their website name (craigframes.com).

Michael

IMG_0811 (resized).jpgIMG_0811 (resized).jpg
IMG_0812 (resized).jpgIMG_0812 (resized).jpg

#1838 6 years ago

Looks good Michael, I need to get mine framed up too.

#1839 6 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I finally ordered frames for the translite

Looking good man!

#1840 6 years ago

Word from my Distro is that my game has shipped ... Will post unboxing here ....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdini-owners-club#post-4116074

#1841 6 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Word from my Distro is that my game has shipped ... Will post unboxing here ....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/houdini-owners-club#post-4116074

Excited for you ... if you don't mind, when did you place deposit/reserve a spot?

#1842 6 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Excited for you ... if you don't mind, when did you place deposit/reserve a spot?

I would also be interested if you don’t mind sharing. Also, when did they ask you to pay in full?

#1843 6 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

As stated previously... Been a supporter of AP from the beginning... Wanted this machine from day 1 ... Ordered from Nitro when he became an AP rep .... So long ago can't remember!

#1844 6 years ago

Come on US shipments!!!

#1845 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Also saw a 1008 and 1016. Is this the numbering in production order?

When the heads get assembled (computer, display, amp, speakers ), the serial number is assigned to the machine at that point. While we were waiting on parts they built over 60 heads and they don't necessarily grab them in numerical order when putting them on a cabinet. Once we get through the inventory of assembled heads, they will be closer to being in order but will never 100% reflect what number machine it was off the line. If you look at the attached photo you will see those closet to the camera are numbered in the 50s

IMG_2951 (resized).JPGIMG_2951 (resized).JPG

Quoted from transprtr4u:

A 'D' means there is some minor defect some place on the playfield that was identified during inspection or assembly. Odds are you would never spot them unless you were searching for it. My guess is most other companies would not even consider these things to be a defect. So far on the games that are noted with Ds I could not see the defect on my own and even when told where it was I still could not see it at first, only after looking at it from just the right angle would I see it. Regardless, these games are designated to be used in showrooms or as show games for distributors, not for customers.. I also believe distributors are being sent images/info of the issues first to be sure they are okay with it.

Quoted from bemmett:

Come on US shipments!!!

Games continue to ship, but certainly not as fast as any of us would like.

Monday morning I saw the names of at least five different distributors on pieces of paper taped to packaged up machines waiting for pickup. Later in the day I watched for a few minutes as a half dozen were being loaded into a FEDEX semi trunk for at least two different distributors (I know at least a couple were for Nitro, so one of those was likely transptr4u's game).

I was just in the factory a few minutes ago and I see a half dozen games at the loading dock, a couple have the name of an east coast distributor and at least one for a mitten distributor, did not notice per se how others are marked. I don't know all the ins and outs of the order games ship, but like it is when you put money down with the distributor, First in, First out I believe is a big driver of it. However, balanced with that is getting games to as many distributors as possible so they can have one in their showroom, or nearby on location or to take to shows.

#1846 6 years ago

curious if any "show deals" are available?

I would be up for buying a game with minor D that gets taken to a show for others to use and then I take it home from the show to put on route; assuming there is a price break for this.

#1847 6 years ago

Rosh, I seriously couldn't be more impressed with how you guys are running your company. If my Houdini is as good as I think it will be you will definitely be at the top of my list for future purchases. Keep up the good work man.

#1848 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Later in the day I watched for a few minutes as a half dozen were being loaded into a FEDEX semi trunk for at least two different distributors (I know at least a couple were for Nitro, so one of those was likely transptr4u's game).

Hopefully my game is in that batch!!!

#1849 6 years ago

These "Rosh updates" are the reason I respect AP... These are expensive toys , however the support and ongoing updates are remarkable!
When can I order Game #2

#1850 6 years ago

When mine arrives and the unboxing photos are posted,I surely welcome anybody around the Edmonton area with interest in this game to feel free to pm me and come by the house and try it out!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/37?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.