20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

377 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ltg. You are on page 2 of 2.
3 weeks later
#9805 4 years ago

Anybody wanting stuff for their pin.

LTG : )

apsale (resized).jpgapsale (resized).jpg
#9816 4 years ago
Quoted from kdecgp:

It has a little bit of adhesive left but what is the smartest way to re-adhere the topper?

What I found on WOZ's ruby slippers was a bead of super glue gel across the top of the flipper bat, didn't clean first. Pressed the slipper on. Hasn't come off yet in over 6 years of commercial use.

#9824 4 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

or have any thoughts on why it is doing this?

I would contact American Pinball tech support.

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

I'd try reseating all cables at the display and board they go to.

#9826 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

does anyone know where to find one?

If it's an off the shelf item do a Google search for make and model number.

You could contact american-pinball.com to see if one is available.

#9844 4 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Can anyone let me know where the 2 end points for the spring go?

Compare to other flipper. Hook it up the same way.

#9845 4 years ago

does anyone think the issue is greater than reattaching the spring?

No, hook it back on.

Pictures show where it goes circled in red, and how to fix if a loop is broken off.

bec75d06029c6b21c231a4adc61a5606985a93d1 (resized).jpgbec75d06029c6b21c231a4adc61a5606985a93d1 (resized).jpgbroke (resized).JPGbroke (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#9917 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

my wife broke her arm in three places,

Sorry to hear. I hope she's better and a fast healer.

#9921 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Hopefully in a couple of more weeks she will be out of the sling and ready to start re-hab. Then we will see how much range of motion she will have lost.

I'll have your wife in my thoughts and prayers for a full recovery with re-hab. Hard and painful. But part of the process.

#9930 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Topless, womens bare knuckle champions pub....

Now is the time ! Lol

They could do an Olympics pin, based on the original games. Where the athletes were nude.

Disclaimer : Guys, be damn careful jumping the hurdles. Go high. Real high.

1 week later
#9957 4 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Who did he replace?

Jim Patla is coming (to the TPF) with American Pinball as their interim Chief Operations Officer and will be visiting with fans and guests all weekend.

Don't know if he replaced anybody. Great guy. Maybe they added his expertise to the company. He has a good history in pinball.

1 week later
#9985 4 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

Have you turned on the knocker in the game settings?

Good call. From the installation instructions.

9) Put the machine into Test>Adjustments>Standard. Change the Knocker setting to “Mechanical”. Exit test mode and enjoy your new KNOCKER!

2 weeks later
#10010 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

No offense but you're telling him to make certain the switches are clean on a NIB game?

I'd start there. If nothing else to start eliminating things.

During manufacturing things can get on connectors, leaf blade switches, from when the individual parts were manufactured. Dirt, grease, etc. etc. And work fine and as time goes by pop up. Reseating and cleaning is always a good start.

#10020 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Barry apologies if you take offense

That was Josh.

Quoted from meSz:

for other it's a ongoing issue.

I hope AP comes up with a fix for these.

#10048 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Did you happen to take any photos of this process?

Sounds like my broken spring fix. Only remove 5 loops.

broke (resized).JPGbroke (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPGfix (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPGgoodasnew (resized).JPG
#10065 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I wonder if one can swap in Stern or Bally/William

Looks like Bally/Williams ones in there already.

#10073 4 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Has anyone had these issues before? I was streaming yesterday and about 23 min in, the API screen went out. Then, about 10 min later, the GI went out...

I was pretty far through the game with 7-8 stage modes complete. Hit the Vanishing Elephant and the screen went out.

Then, was in Seance and lost all three balls and the GI went out.

Here's a clip of that 10min period:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/571230789

I'd open a ticket on it.

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/

Barry isn't with them anymore. But they must have someone there to help.

More sounds like a power issue rather than software.

#10075 4 years ago

Rosh and Ferret are software guys and post here. BarryJ was service manager and posted here, but is no longer with AP.

Who is the service guy and does he post here. So we know who to send people to ?

#10077 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Being done by committee for right now, based on the type of issue, so no one to point to specifically.

Thank you.

1 week later
#10108 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Barry is an amazing Guy.

Yes. One of the best if not the best.

Jack was lucky to nab him.

Yes. JJP was fortunate for that. Pinball in general too, that he didn't end up in a different industry.

I will not speak for Josh, but do know he is continuing to support Houdini

Didn't he post recently he only has a Hot Wheels at home ? So programming for a different game might be hard to test since the factory is likely closed by the state for the virus.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Barry who is now at JJP is still helping out on AP questions, which is mind-blowing.

What helps pinball, helps everybody. Helps every company. I don't stick to just CGC games of JJP games, if I can help.

#10130 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

does anyone know if they are currently shipping parts

According to their Facebook page, and with Illinois shut down. I don't think anything is going out.

#10133 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Sorry if this has been asked before but are all the production lines shut down at Chicago Gaming, Stern, JJP & AP?

Since Illinois is shut down. I suspect CGC, Stern, and AP production lines are down. JJP moving from NJ to Chicago shut their line down. No idea if the new one in Chicago is up or not. If it is, it would be down too.

#10136 4 years ago

Does anyone have ideas what could be causing this,

Just a thought. Any chance the balls are magnetized and not rolling into position right ?

#10152 4 years ago

So, run the code and lets see how it goes!

And see if rosh wants the error logs.

#10170 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was told that my Houdini has the latest power supply. Was I lied to?

No. The one on the right was added making it good.

#10180 4 years ago
Quoted from Looney:

Does the machine require constant adjustment and readjustment to play properly?

Reading this thread all along. I'd say once any issues are attended to, you'll get great service out of the game. The reason for seeming like it needs constant attention is because a few of the issues might have different ways to resolve them. Depends on the particular problem and what you need to do. If you have it. Some have been adjsutments, some have been weaker or stronger power settings. Etc. Etc.

Quoted from Looney:

I've noticed many for sale after only being owned a short time;

Houdini has been out for about 3 1/2 years. A lot of people want the new shiny pin. And there have been a lot of new titles in that time frame. So I don't think it's any different than any other new title.

#10184 4 years ago
Quoted from Looney:

I would expect a new machine to require significantly less attention,

It should.

After it leaves the factory. It does get bounced around a lot in trucks.

So I'd expect a little tweaking on any new pin when you get it. And as you play it and it gets broken in so to speak. A little more tweaking. Once it's set up the way you like it. It should give you reliable service. Back in the Williams DMD era. I always spent a few days adjusting and tweaking things on any new pin coming in. Then they'd settle in and behave.

As you know on your other pin. A ball is rolling around in there. Eventually you'll have to clean it. Eventually you may need to fix or adjust something.

#10187 4 years ago
Quoted from Looney:

I've also noticed that the tech support is pretty responsive.

Barry isn't with them anymore. He has responded to a few posts.

And rosh pointed out they have a committee handling their tech support. So you should be in good shape there.

#10188 4 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

It’s a tight shooter and the shots are different I think that’s why people don’t like it.

That is why I always thought it would be a great home game. Like TZ. Get so close and then kicked in the nuts. Definitely not boring once you get it rolling.

#10219 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Anyone know if they are reading/answering support emails right now? I sent an email asking about getting the skill shot fix kit a couple days ago but I haven't heard anything.

I believe they are, when they can.

Illinois is still on lockdown. So their committee rosh mentioned, are probably doing the best they can from home.

Shipping parts is probably slow right now too.

#10221 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Yeah. I was thinking about ordering the shaker motor but I guess that can wait until this lockdown subsides.

If you want it, may as well order now. So you are in line to get it when they can ship.

#10259 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Still no response to my support email or service ticket. I guess they're just completely offline now.

Probably doing what they can from home.

I wish there was a better answer. In spite of everything they are still doing what they can.

#10260 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

doing what they can.

I might add. I am hoping none of them got sick. Things are tough enough as it is.

#10261 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Still no response to my support email or service ticket.

Was it for this ?

"Anyone know if they are reading/answering support emails right now? I sent an email asking about getting the skill shot fix kit a couple days ago but I haven't heard anything."

With the lockdown, maybe they can't send parts. Techs working from home usually can't get to the factory.

I know it would be nice to at least know they got your information and will get to it when they can.

Maybe email them again ?

#10276 4 years ago
Quoted from tlukka:

After the new beta code update I am finding Houdini reboots before it gets to the last ball during "Clear Houdini's Balls". Is anybody else experiencing this?

PM rosh and see if he'd like the error log.

#10291 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Hey all, mine shipped with the code below.
Is it pretty straightforward to download right to new beta or do I need to take another step first? Ty!

I'd read the instructions in the manual. Page 9-175. If you don't have the manual, you can download it from american-pinball.com just to familiarize yourself of the process. Doesn't look hard.

#10312 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

To update to the Beta code do I need to remove this "_19.12.23B" from the full file name I downloaded?

houdini-gamecode_19.12.23B.pkg

If you have older code - this.

On games with the much older code you have to trick the update. What you do is rename the file you downloaded by removing thev19.4.7 at the end.

Change the name of the new code file to be houdini-gamecode.pkg remove any version info from the name. In the future it will not be necessary to do this.

#10321 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

What does the supplemental PS cost

Yes, get the extra power supply from the API store. Should be $150.

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/houdini-power-supply-upgrade

1 week later
#10346 3 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Since none of the photos match on the install kit where should the 48 V brown/black wires plugged into?

Does 6B on the PDF help ? http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2019-9/Knocker-Installation.pdf

#10349 3 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Thanks Lloyd But I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to open the unit and break the manufacture seal LOL. I figured I want to wait To get the OK from American Pinball before voiding my warranty?!

Ask rosh or Ferret They'd know. I don't do tech stuff for them, so I can't tell you to do something that would void your warranty.

#10372 3 years ago

Maybe asnswer theur emails would be good.
I have need of support and got one email back but nothing more in a couple weeks.

May take a bit for Dave to get up to speed. I'm sure they'll sort it out as fast as they can.

#10384 3 years ago

Reseat connectors to it, and to where they go, probably the backbox.

#10398 3 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Is there a good place to buy a small amount of rubbers online without a substantial shipping fee? I don't think AP ever sent my kit out and I want to get this fixed.

Send a PM to brenna98 ( poster right above your post ) he's their new service guy and should be able to help you.

#10400 3 years ago
Quoted from jdemarti:

I checked the connections at the P3 ROC in the cabinet, including the USB and it appears to have a good connection.

I would reseat them. Then do what the screen says, check if you have power at the board.

#10403 3 years ago
Quoted from Videogod:

American Pinball is not responding.

Try sending PM's here to Vegas9 , rosh , Ferret with the shut down and all. Response might be all over the map. They are usually pretty quick.

#10418 3 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

In the past, I've slightly bend the switch and it would work again.

Quoted from konjurer:

Is my switch bad?

When you slightly bend it, bend it past the body of the switch, just the arm or wire past the body of the switch. Otherwise you effect the flat blade that pushes the tiny knob into the switch body. Then you drive yourself nuts trying to get it right.

Quoted from konjurer:

Is my switch bad?

Could be.

#10439 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Looks normal, right?

Looks like it was adjusted bent up at the point the red arrow is pointing too.

Can you loosen the screws and move the switch body at all ? Some brackets you can, some you can't.

If not I'd check it with your finger in switch test. If it works there, it probably needs to be bent up a little more at that point. The end pointed up looks like it might be low in the hole if a ball sits on it, not depressing the switch enough.

houdini (resized).jpghoudini (resized).jpg
1 month later
#10552 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

How much are the upgraded power supplies and where do you get them from?

From the source - $150.00

#10604 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

why, exactly, are houndini's selling for $5,500 now?

A lot of new games have come out since Houdini was made.

Older titles usually depreciate. Very few hold value or go up. Doesn't matter which game or manufacturer.

#10622 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Looks like I have the new power supply, right?

Right.

Enjoy your game !

#10624 3 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

OK never seen this powersupply.... Is it for all voltges?

Yes. Newest incarnation.

Quoted from MightyGrave:

But If If there is no difference between this and the combibanation of the old one (5v/12v) + 48V ps then ok and all fine.

No difference between newest and combination of original and add on.

#10627 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is the issue with older version of power supply just weak flippers/pops and inconsistent catapult?

As I recall reading over the threads over time.

It was a combination of the household power and power supply.

#10642 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

can I adjust the the angle of the switch so that it leans further down by adjusting the 2 screws that hold the switch in place?

Check it. Some switches if loosened you can turn the body of the switch a little as needed and retighten the screws. Not too tight or the switch won't work.

If not, then bend the arm of the switch a little. Out past the body of the switch. So you don't impact the flat blade that pushes the tiny knob into the body of the switch.

#10657 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Does anyone know if Mod Couple will be remaking some of the Houdini Mods? No "contact" link on their site to know any type of status.

Send Dave a PM on Pinside Yelobird

#10678 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Are the special hex key leg bolts sold online?

Check with https://www.american-pinball.com/

Maybe McMaster - Carr ?

#10679 3 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Are the special hex key leg bolts sold online?

Search Ebay too for allen head bolts and thread size and length.

#10691 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

If it's not high enough, can it be adjusted?

At the bottom of the assembly under the playfield, is a screw to raise or lower it. There is a nut there too. I don't have the game to check. You may need to loosen the nut and raise or lower the post then retighten it. Page 7-125 in the manual.

#10699 3 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

there are multiple adjustments screws. You need to loosen the three lock nuts on the backside, and then loose the lock nut on the bottom, then changed the screw adjustment to get it to the desired height, then after things are correct, tighten it all back down.

Again, important that when it is pulled in the tip is level to the playfield.

Good diagram in the Houdini manual page 7-125 and 7-127

1 month later
#10861 3 years ago

Does the pop bumper skirt register in switch test ?

Probably not a fuse. First I'd dig around the coil lugs - broken wire ? Thin wire from coil winding that goes to lug, cracked or broken - you may need to dig around them to make sure ? Then I'd check wiring from lugs to where it all goes to board that drives it. Connector off, wire out of a connector, broken wire somewhere else.

#10862 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

in testing left pop is dead but top and right work.. and my knocker does not work .

Do they work in game play ?

#10864 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

. left pop does not

Check it's switch in switch test next.

#10916 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is there a change log for the beta code?

On the website : american-pinball.com - support - code updates.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CFNoRcpjqiuRTJsIsCHaPGXy4gbVf8Eg/view

#10996 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Josh at American pinball called me and spent approximately 1hr and 10 mins on the phone with me....

Josh is great. One of the unsung heroes of the tech support world.

#11002 3 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Seriously, it pisses you off and makes you keep coming back for revenge.

Yes. Great game, especially for home. Similar to TZ when it came out. Great home game, not so much for commercial use.

1 week later
#11155 3 years ago
Quoted from drummermike:

I think all the fuses are OK.

Pull and check with a meter, if connections are solid.

#11176 3 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Am I going to regret buying one of these

No. Help is available should you need it.

#11184 3 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

So how do I go about ordering a cap kit? Can’t seem to find a link.

Please contact them - https://www.american-pinball.com/about/contact/

#11187 3 years ago

Awesome. I went through ten pages of store. I didn't scroll to the little "search" at the bottom of the store page.

#11239 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Anything else the long timers would suggest as an add

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Add a Hot Wheels pin to your order.

Your collection needs an Oktoberfest pin too.

#11242 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Well, I set myself up there didn’t I?

Well you wanted to empty your wallet. We came running to help.

Only looking out for your happiness.

#11247 3 years ago

Does anyone know where to get the lighted, interactive water torture mod?
I think I want one.

The Mod Couple made them. Sold out. https://themodcouplepinball.com/collections/api-houdini-custom-mods-collection/products/api-houdini-custom-water-torture-mod-complete-the-magic?variant=8187195490401

Keep an eye on Pinside classifieds or make a wanted post.

#11250 3 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

There were two made. The Mod Couple one is sold out, but not the interactive model. The interactive one is still available at:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1070-hookedonpinballcom/02152-houdini-chinese-water-torture-mod-factory-interactive-

I wasn't aware of that one.

Thank you !

#11266 3 years ago
Quoted from Tugboat1:

ok. Tested the wires. It is th j4 that blows fuse

Since no diode on the coil, you can remove it from the game and check it with a meter and see what ohms you get. Then post back here and rosh can guide you to which is bad. Coil, or transistor.

#11267 3 years ago
Quoted from Tugboat1:

ok. Tested the wires. It is th j4 that blows fuse

Quoted from Tugboat1:

Also the J7 just blew the other fuse.

You have any pinched wires going on ? Coil lugs shorting to metal ? Shrapnel behind a board or on a board ?

#11279 3 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

So here I sit contemplating whether to bite the bullet and fix it or move on.

Fix.

You'll be glad you did.

#11287 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What do you do if you cant get anymore slack?

Any cable ties you can cut, make slack, retie ?

#11290 3 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I heard somewhere there is no such thing as a stupid question.

No, better be safe than sorry.

Hopefully people with games or rosh , Ferret , Vegas9 , see and can help.

#11360 3 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Although I’m too old for “excitement”

Perish the thought.

Quoted from zahner:

I’ll give 6.15 a try!

That's the spirit. Live it up !

#11384 3 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

Is there a link to this capacitor upgrade kit? I can't find it anywhere.

Go to - https://store.american-pinball.com/ then to Store, then scroll down to the bottom to "SEARCH" a simple search like "kit" brings it up.

#11405 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

which is the right Houdini water torture mod to get?

Get the one that is still available. If either are.

7 months later
#12539 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

So I have build date of Mar 2018 and I assume this doesn't have the upgraded power supply?

Doesn't look like it. https://store.american-pinball.com/products/houdini-power-supply-upgrade

Vegas9 , rosh , Ferret , would know better.

#12563 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Is this some kind of bug?

Sounds like a switch that is too sensitive.

#12567 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

What flipper rebuild kit would I buy for this game? It uses Williams parts right?

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-rebuild-kit-williamsbally-081993-101998-spooky-2014-present-jjp-2012-present.html

Yes, Williams parts.

#12580 3 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Installed the power supply upgrade and now facings intermittent restarts. Basically, the catapult will fire, the trunk lid will stay up longer than normal then game resets.

If you could easily remove the power supply upgrade. I'd try that. If game returns to normal you know something is wrong with it, or how it's hooked up. AP tech support can assist you then.

1 week later
#12611 2 years ago
Quoted from KrazyIvan14:

Additionally, is this the one screw I need to loosen / tighten to allow it to be adjusted? Thanks

That is the one. your flippers - set them any way you like to help you.

I would loosen a tiny bit, so that you can barely turn the flipper bat, it stays put. That way you can set it where you want it, yet not effect the up and down play of the flipper and retighten it.

Too loose and the pawl can move up and down and when you retighten it you need to leave a tiny bit of up and down play. ( up and down, not back and forth )

This video will help.

1 week later
#12619 2 years ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

Where do you get parts for this game?

Contact https://www.american-pinball.com/

#12620 2 years ago
Quoted from mark-g:

I pulled out most of the connectors on the boards under the playfield, left side, and reconnected. That worked, but the problem recurs.

Quoted from gibsonrd:

I've reached out to AP

Contact brenna98 send him a PM.

4 weeks later
#12639 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Damn, all we have to do is ask them?? Why didn't I think of that??

Basics of dating.

You don't get if you don't ask.

#12643 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I have a feeling his ask will be roughly as successful as my dating requests were way back when I was single.

I'm truly sorry for you my friend.

You missed a lot of fun.

#12649 2 years ago

I want to add a sub to the bottom of my cabinet.

Is there any info on how to do it factory style?

Send PM's to rosh , Ferret , Vegas9 , or brenna98 . Encourage them to post here and a service bulletin on their website.

The audio stuff already in there, isn't there a female jack for a sub ?

#12650 2 years ago

I want to add a sub to the bottom of my cabinet.

This help ?

ha (resized).jpgha (resized).jpg
#12652 2 years ago

I was hoping for a retrofit kit ?

I know. PM them here and contact them on the website.

Never hurts to ask. Enough interest they may do it, if not already in their plans.

Ask them nice enough and they might include the hole too !

1 month later
#12870 2 years ago
Quoted from scbill88:

I hate to be “that guy” but how do you start a new post in this American Pinball Houdini thread? I can reply to others posts but nowhere do I see an option to start a post. New Houdini owner here…and I have questions lol.

Did you scroll the whole way down to the bottom to the empty reply box ?

#12871 2 years ago

Like this ?

#12873 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

If we can figure that one out

Not knowing how he reads Pinside. Phone, iPad, Computer, different browsers. I was thinking he may not see it or be able to scroll the whole way down. By quoting, you get a reply box.

#12877 2 years ago
Quoted from KrazyIvan14:

but I'm actually not entirely sure where they even are on this machine.

Page 5-45 in the manual lists four involved with coil power.

I don't have the game to check.

So turn the game off. Go over the boards. Pull any fuse you see and check with a meter.

#12882 2 years ago

Anybody having trouble :

rosh - Josh Kugler, ferret - Joe Schober, vegas98 - Michael Grant who is sales and marketing

Call them, open a new ticket on their support desk - https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/ send PMs to rosh ferret vegas9 and their new tech guy Dave :

Dave Brennan brenna98
Technical Services Manager
[email protected]
Phone: (833) API-HELP / (833) 274-4357

#12894 2 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Here is a helpful chart:

Chart is nice. To bad it doesn't say where the fuses are.

#12896 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

whats the cost to upgrade an older houdini? power supply and eos switches?

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/houdini-end-of-stroke-switch ( sold out - you can see what to order to make your own )

#12912 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

American Pinball team is pretty active here on Pinside.

rosh - Josh Kugler, ferret - Joe Schober, vegas98 - Michael Grant who is sales and marketing.

#12918 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

And of course, a very important member of the team: brenna98 - Dave Brennan, API Customer Service Manager.

Thank you. I'll add him to my list for the future.

#12919 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Thanks, LTG!

And of course, a very important member of the team: brenna98 - Dave Brennan, API Customer Service Manager.

Just realized I already had him. I copied the wrong thing.

Call them, open a new ticket on their support desk - https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/ send PMs to rosh Ferret Vegas9 and their tech guy Dave brenna98

Dave Brennan brenna98
Technical Services Manager
[email protected]
Phone: (833) API-HELP / (833) 274-4357

2 months later
#13216 2 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

what should I look for on the connection? What's weird is that it flashes half a sec in test mode,

Is the bulb tight in it's holder ?

3 weeks later
#13402 2 years ago

Can you reload the download ? Maybe it's corrupted.

1 week later
#13444 2 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I just need to find where to order the 12v led for the coin door in warm white now...

https://www.cometpinball.com/search?q=12+volt

2 weeks later
#13524 2 years ago
Quoted from Tugboat1:

so it a coil is upside down does it operate backwards?

No. Operates the same. Coils are dumb and don't know crap about direction.

2 months later
#13642 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Can someone point me to the instructions to install the knocker?

http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2020-7/DOC0018-00-REV-A.pdf

On their website - american-pinball.com under support.

#13647 2 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

Is this also available for Oktoberfest?

Not in the on line manual.

You might check in your game in case it was added after the manual was made. Manual was explain getting into the Standard Adjustments.

#13667 2 years ago

From post 4635 - I found it in the picture gallery.

LTG L )

e948d556e3a72448af95732e340e090187eed40c (resized).jpge948d556e3a72448af95732e340e090187eed40c (resized).jpg
2 months later
#13825 2 years ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I have the same topper.. Is there a way to plug it in directly into the game instead of having to plug/unplug in the service outlet each time you play?

Wire it in, or add another outlet, past the service outlet/on/off switch. That way it would turn on or off with the game.

1 week later
#13855 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Contact ap on the support page and service will get you sorted out.

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/

#13864 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Sad news for us Houdini owners and fans - as reported on The Pinball Show Josh Kugler has left American Pinball.

Always sad to see the company name removed from the right of the avatar.

Best wishes Josh !

3 weeks later
#13895 1 year ago
Quoted from RedFlash:

Found 2 screws

Small one goes in the side of one of the two coin mechs.

DSC00089 (resized).JPGDSC00089 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#13915 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

How do I know which power supply I have?

Installation from AP's website would help - http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2020-8/Overseas-48v-Power-Supply-Supplement.pdf

Also see picture - compare to what is in your game.

a9918352c3a8e042b0c1b53948f3729989eae8a9 (resized).jpga9918352c3a8e042b0c1b53948f3729989eae8a9 (resized).jpg
#13924 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Houdini didn't use acorn head leg bolts. It has socket head cap screws.

Huge thank you !

1 week later
3 weeks later
#14025 1 year ago
Quoted from scbill88:

oes the changer need to be set for US quarters somewhere?

If coin mechs are in it, they are already set for quarters.

Check the manual to set pricing. Could be units per inserted coin, and price per play.

#14026 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check the manual to set pricing. Could be units per inserted coin, and price per play.

Page 3-27 in the manual. If you don't have it you can download from AP's site.

1 week later
#14075 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Yah I really wanted to get the capacitor mod but it’s sold out. :/

Contact them to see if they'll make more.

6 months later
#14499 1 year ago
Quoted from archimandrite:

Do Pinsiders ever offer partial plastic sets? A hundred bucks is pretty steep when I only have two pieces to replace. I've got to believe there are folks who have coughed up the big bucks and have a bag of parts they haven't needed.

Might be hard to find pieces if everyone has the same pieces break. All that would be left then is the ones nobody needs and hard to sell.

3 months later
#14649 11 months ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

should trunk lid be green?

Yes, it should be green.

#14650 11 months ago
Quoted from Sirgubster9:

trunk lid in red.

Page 7-158 shows a leaf blade switch. There is a switch test in Houdini. Check it there. I don't have the game to check but it can't be too much. Trunk lid isn't opening ( should be a test for that too ) or switch needs adjusting.

5 months later
#14796 5 months ago
Quoted from Bkrout:

Help please!!

Page 7-126 in the manual item #10 7/16" E Ring

4 months later
#14807 30 days ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

This Game is so awesome

It has surprised me. When it came out reports were tight shots and hard. I thought great for home but poor for location.

Since mine came in it's kicking a**. Really surprised me. Maybe players have gotten better. Or really like it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
377 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ltg. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/2?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.