20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 297.
#13851 1 year ago
Quoted from scbill88:

I like that idea...had not thought of that.

Thanks! I have a spare shooter rod, and also a spare rod w/o the grip. Comparing the two (assuming the rods are identical), this is sort of how they line up up top (the other ends setting flush on the counter top). So all things identical, looks like you might be able to cut/file the grip part down a fair amount. If you use a big, aggressive file - that'll give the epoxy a rough surface to adhere to.

Post some pictures up when done. I think it'll look great.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#13852 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks! I have a spare shooter rod, and also a spare rod w/o the grip. Comparing the two (assuming the rods are identical), this is sort of how they line up up top (the other ends setting flush on the counter top). So all things identical, looks like you might be able to cut/file the grip part down a fair amount. If you use a big, aggressive file - that'll give the epoxy a rough surface to adhere to.
[quoted image]

I don't know what the guy who made mine used but I can say it shoots like butter! It's super smooth and tapers perfectly for control on skill shots, I love it. Good luck with your project!

#13853 1 year ago

Hi all.

New owner here....got my unit used about 2 months ago. Love the game...great theme & super fun!!

Quoted from Tugboat1:

The one image was to show coin door closed. It was from a video. Did it was suppose to be open.

Did start having an issue in the last day or two which seems very very similar to this thread from @tugboat1. But the thread seems to have gone quiet...maybe it was taken over to a direct message?

Just wondering how Tugboat1 and rosh were able to get it resolved?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

#13854 1 year ago

Contact ap on the support page and service will get you sorted out.

Quoted from rojeff:

Hi all.
New owner here....got my unit used about 2 months ago. Love the game...great theme & super fun!!

Did start having an issue in the last day or two which seems very very similar to this thread from Tugboat1. But the thread seems to have gone quiet...maybe it was taken over to a direct message?
Just wondering how Tugboat1 and rosh were able to get it resolved?
Thanks in advance!
Jeff

#13855 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Contact ap on the support page and service will get you sorted out.

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/

LTG : )

#13856 1 year ago

Sad news for us Houdini owners and fans - as reported on The Pinball Show Josh Kugler has left American Pinball. Josh was always so engaged with us on here, more so than any other manufacturer I have ever seen and the continued code improvements so long after game release just made the whole experience even better. rosh I know you're still on the forum but we're really going to miss your activity here listening to suggestions, complaints and helping owners of all A.P. games when they had issues. Thanks and best wishes on whatever your next adventures are!

#13857 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Sad news for us Houdini owners and fans - as reported on The Pinball Show Josh Kugler has left American Pinball. Josh was always so engaged with us on here, more so than any other manufacturer I have ever seen and the continued code improvements so long after game release just made the whole experience even better. rosh I know you're still on the forum but we're really going to miss your activity here listening to suggestions, complaints and helping owners of all A.P. games when they had issues. Thanks and best wishes on whatever your next adventures are![quoted image]

Oh no. That’s a loss….

#13858 1 year ago

It's huge. Josh, you are an asset to the community here and i'm sure your continued presence will be a boon for pinball.

Good luck with whatever you have chosen to do next.

#13859 1 year ago

Wow this is terrible news.

I was always amazed not only that he took the time to post stuff here, but at how detailed his responses would always be. Also, how receptive he seemed to be to feedback that was provided in this group... seems like many things that were mentioned here got incorporated into the Houdini code over the months.

I just hope that this is something that is a step forward for Josh!

#13860 1 year ago

I hope for Josh that he is onward and upward to a better position.

That said, I doubt we will see any new code for Houdini now... He left it in pretty good shape.

Thanks for everything Josh.

#13861 1 year ago

rosh You authored a masterpiece! Best of luck!

#13862 1 year ago

We are so Lucky as Houdini owners how dedicated Josh was to this game.
I believe it is the masterpiece he intended and I don't think the game needs more.
Thank You Josh for all your hard work!
I wish him and his family all the best.

#13863 1 year ago

So how many people have seen the magic hat joke about JJP POTC he put into the last release??? I about spit my beer out at that one!

#13864 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Sad news for us Houdini owners and fans - as reported on The Pinball Show Josh Kugler has left American Pinball.

Always sad to see the company name removed from the right of the avatar.

Best wishes Josh !

#13865 1 year ago

Quoted from bobukcat:

Sad news for us Houdini owners and fans - as reported on The Pinball Show Josh Kugler has left American Pinball. Josh was always so engaged with us on here, more so than any other manufacturer I have ever seen and the continued code improvements so long after game release just made the whole experience even better. rosh I know you're still on the forum but we're really going to miss your activity here listening to suggestions, complaints and helping owners of all A.P. games when they had issues. Thanks and best wishes on whatever your next adventures are![quoted image]

Here here, we’ll said…

#13866 1 year ago

Thank you beatmaster love the shooter rod!!!

DDA547B3-735B-4B88-9483-389B887F7005 (resized).jpegDDA547B3-735B-4B88-9483-389B887F7005 (resized).jpeg
#13867 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

[quoted image]

Your game is looking Sweet brother with that New t-molding!
And, Next to a Wonka and a Oz. NICE.

#13868 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

[quoted image]

I think I want the shooter rod!

Does ne have any more?

#13869 1 year ago

PM Beatmaster...

#13870 1 year ago

Yeah that shooter rod is bad ass. I love mine! Brass leg bolts don’t look bad either

5C8AEDEB-7A6C-4A9F-9959-70A29827B854 (resized).jpeg5C8AEDEB-7A6C-4A9F-9959-70A29827B854 (resized).jpeg
#13871 1 year ago
Quoted from HarryReimer:

[quoted image]

you are welcome, enjoy your game!

#13872 1 year ago

New Houdini owner. Picked up a used one (1056). Played a few games so far. Got both catapults dialed in pretty easily. Came with tilt art blades and flashinstinct target decals and Eric’s Seance planchette and keychain fob. Added the fob to the lockdown bar.

Wondering if other get a ball hang up behind the key lane sign.

Looking for a Cliffy for the scoop if anyone has an extra. Flipper toppers, and plastics from the goodie bag. My goodie bag wasn’t included with the game.

2ECB4C61-F35B-4EB1-BD9A-59722F3D7082 (resized).jpeg2ECB4C61-F35B-4EB1-BD9A-59722F3D7082 (resized).jpeg503851F3-A3C9-4054-AAAD-2DB3E92B4E99 (resized).jpeg503851F3-A3C9-4054-AAAD-2DB3E92B4E99 (resized).jpeg
#13873 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Indeed I do…and lots of other places too. But hey, that’s part of the fun for me…enjoy the game.

#13874 1 year ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

Indeed I do…and lots of other places too. But hey, that’s part of the fun for me…enjoy the game.

Good to know. I’ll think of some fixes to prevent it, now that I know it happens to others in the same spot.

Really enjoying the game so far. They really captured the feeling of the era of Houdini.

#13875 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

New Houdini owner. (snip)

Your Key Lane sign has been cut and bent. (pic of stock sign, below). The left side is a bit lower to the playfield as a result? That's where the hangups are coming from? Raise the whole sign to fix this, apparently. Mine came mounted on a post, I don't see one in your pic.
IMG_1444 (resized).JPGIMG_1444 (resized).JPG

#13876 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Your Key Lane sign has been cut and bent. (pic of stock sign, below). The left side is a bit lower to the playfield as a result? That's where the hangups are coming from? Raise the whole sign to fix this, apparently. Mine came mounted on a post, I don't see one in your pic.
[quoted image]

My sign has a curve to it, definitely not straight. NIB (albeit demo, purchased from at a local pinball show).

#13877 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

[quoted image]

Think I will get another rod so i do not destroy the stock one that goes with the game, AND I don't have to disassemble until install day. (can keep playing!).
I did not find one on the American Pinball page, but found this on ebay. Are these rods pretty standard through the industry size wise?

ebay.com link: itm

#13878 1 year ago
Quoted from scbill88:

Think I will get another rod so i do not destroy the stock one that goes with the game, AND I don't have to disassemble until install day. (can keep playing!).
I did not find one on the American Pinball page, but found this on ebay. Are these rods pretty standard through the industry size wise?
ebay.com link: itm

I can't say for certain but I wouldn't think AP reinvented the wheel (i.e. a non-standard shooting rod). Just my 2 cents tho.

#13879 1 year ago
Quoted from scbill88:

Are these rods pretty standard through the industry size wise?

Yes, nothing special about the shooter rod.

#13880 1 year ago
Quoted from alexred:

I opened support ticket with AP. Posting here for visibility and hopefully to share resolution.

This post was extremely helpful. Same thing happened to me a few days ago and I was like what the heck? I’ve already been in touch with API who was very responsive and I have the new capacitor section of the power supply on order from eBay. Antek is no longer replacing them free of charge. Was totally confusing trying to diagnose and research the problem on my own. Made all the difference coming on Pinside and reaching out to API. Thank you alexred and others that responded.

#13881 1 year ago

Looking for the AP Houdini topper if someone has one or knows where to find one.

#13882 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

was just in the basement passing my machine and the "Escape High Score" came up as ROSH....what are the odds?
Unless they ship all as ROSH and mine was never topped. It was played in the showroom before I got it so a lot of the top scores were filled in with random names.
Anyway...made me smile.

#13883 1 year ago
Quoted from jguzik420:

Check this connection to make sure it's plugged in all the way[quoted image]

I had this exact error because I somehow loosened this USB connector while fiddling around inside my machine. Push it in tightly and cleared the error.
Hope this helps.

#13884 1 year ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Looking for the AP Houdini topper if someone has one or knows where to find one.

I have one attached to my game. Make me an offer on the game and Ill throw in the topper for free!

#13885 1 year ago

Trunk shot missing left. After 1 year of almost flawless trunk shots, my Houdini is missing left between the left blade and trunk every time now.
I slid the glass down and gave the catapult a gentle nudge left, and it hits dead center of the trunk one time. Then it is right back to missing hard left.
is there a more permanent solution? I tried to find a thread in this sub for trunk catapult adjustment but came up empty. If someone could put me on the right track I would appreciate it!

#13886 1 year ago

Sounds like either the bracket for the catapult solenoid is loose, or perhaps the coil sleeve is cracked or missing. I'd start there, under the playfield.

#13887 1 year ago
Quoted from scbill88:

Trunk shot missing left. After 1 year of almost flawless trunk shots, my Houdini is missing left between the left blade and trunk every time now.
I slid the glass down and gave the catapult a gentle nudge left, and it hits dead center of the trunk one time. Then it is right back to missing hard left.
is there a more permanent solution? I tried to find a thread in this sub for trunk catapult adjustment but came up empty. If someone could put me on the right track I would appreciate it!

Lots of plays on the game? Pivot of the catapult arm could be worn a bit. Operate everything by hand under the playfield and see if there is play in the catapult. Also do what Diablo suggested and check for loose bracket.

My game initially threw right, lowering coil strength fixed this. You said you game was working fine for a year, so I expect your coil setting to be good.

#13888 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Lots of plays on the game? Pivot of the catapult arm could be worn a bit. Operate everything by hand under the playfield and see if there is play in the catapult. Also do what Diablo suggested and check for loose bracket.
My game initially threw right, lowering coil strength fixed this. You said you game was working fine for a year, so I expect your coil setting to be good.

Thanks! was out of town but will get on this, this weekend!

#13889 1 year ago

Bought my Houdini yesterday.
So i am officially joining the club.

Machine is running good and had only 2700 plays lifetime.

In the next time i will add a knocker and the EOS-Switches. Shaker is already there.
The cooling fan of the PSU has to be changed too. The noise of it is driving me nuts.

Greetings from Germany
Jürgen

Houdini_Kofferraum (resized).jpegHoudini_Kofferraum (resized).jpegHoudini_im_Kofferraum (resized).jpegHoudini_im_Kofferraum (resized).jpegHoudini_Wohnzimmer (resized).jpegHoudini_Wohnzimmer (resized).jpeg
#13890 1 year ago

Nice one ! See you

#13892 1 year ago

prost !
oups, we're not in the OF topic (lol)

#13893 1 year ago

Found 2 screws in the cabinet and I have no clue where they are from.
Could someone push me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Jürgen

IMG_20220526_101349 (resized).jpgIMG_20220526_101349 (resized).jpg
#13894 1 year ago
Quoted from RedFlash:

Found 2 screws in the cabinet and I have no clue where they are from.
Could someone push me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance.
Jürgen
[quoted image]

The small piece of hardware is from the coin mechanism. And I’d say scour the machine for an empty hole that could accommodate that length of screw.

#13895 1 year ago
Quoted from RedFlash:

Found 2 screws

Small one goes in the side of one of the two coin mechs.

DSC00089 (resized).JPGDSC00089 (resized).JPG
#13896 1 year ago

ok. Thanks for the answers.
I have no coin mechanism installed, so I will put the small screw into the goodie bag.
For the longer screw I am going to search the playfield. Perhaps all the screws are there and this one is remaining.

The underside of the playfield is very full, so it will be no easy task.
Just want to make sure everything is in tight and in place.

Greetings
Jürgen

#13897 1 year ago

Josh,

Thanks for taking time at the Denver show so many years ago. Your engagement at the show and on these forums convinced me to purchase a Houdini. Wishing you success wherever, you land. Thanks for your contributions to the pinball community.

Quoted from bobukcat:

1 week later
#13898 1 year ago

Looking at a Houdini. What are best mods? Prob get inside cab art. The logo and planchette mod. Any other light mods needed ?

#13899 1 year ago
Quoted from RedFlash:

Bought my Houdini yesterday.
So i am officially joining the club.
Machine is running good and had only 2700 plays lifetime.
In the next time i will add a knocker and the EOS-Switches. Shaker is already there.
The cooling fan of the PSU has to be changed too. The noise of it is driving me nuts.
Greetings from Germany
Jürgen
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are those down firing speakers?

#13900 1 year ago

I just got a Houdini and it’s acting funny. If I go in the curtain shot is doesn’t find the ball sometimes. I cleared the balls and there were 7. I saw the sticker for 6 so took one out but now it won’t start when I hit start. Anyone have this issue? Do I need to add the 7th again?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/278?hl=jagdaniels and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.