PXL_20211113_200652511.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20211107_160556702 (resized).jpg
PXL_20211106_183015406.jpg
PXL_20211106_180754868.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,481 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 270.
#13451 4 days ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

the wiring diagrams in the Houdini manual are not very detailed.

In this case the coil chart on page 5-43 provides some info, as it shows that the various GI elements are driven off 12V via one of the driver boards on underside of the playfield.

coil chart12v (resized).png

#13452 4 days ago

It’s going to be a FUN Holiday weekend!!!! I’m in the club!!!

E3000882-C705-4518-B1BC-7FB045053964 (resized).jpeg
#13453 4 days ago
Quoted from Beez:

[quoted image]

Congratulations!!
Welcome to the club.
Love the warehouse shot of you picking up the game.

#13454 4 days ago

Just in case the upcoming sale includes coils, what coil changes are suggested with the new code? I understand that there are efficiencies achieved by replacing existing coils. Any thoughts?

#13455 3 days ago
Quoted from Beez:

[quoted image]

Congrats, you’re in for a great time…

#13456 3 days ago
Quoted from zahner:

Just in case the upcoming sale includes coils, what coil changes are suggested with the new code? I understand that there are efficiencies achieved by replacing existing coils. Any thoughts?

Yes, coils are in the sale.
Look at your coil settings on the latest code. If there is a Yellow setting for that, a yellow coil can be used.

#13457 3 days ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Yes, coils are in the sale.
Look at your coil settings on the latest code. If there is a Yellow setting for that, a yellow coil can be used.

I forgot about the flipper coils upgrade for older models of Houdini.

What coils are we supposed to get to upgrade them from the originals?

#13458 3 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I forgot about the flipper coils upgrade for older models of Houdini.
What coils are we supposed to get to upgrade them from the originals?

I guess you either physically gaze upon your coils or look each one up in the manual. Then go into settings and compare. I THINK the flippers are currently blue and the display shows red. So I guess one can swap. Not entirely clear on the advantages, but assuming it provides more stability with power. I am hoping there is just a list of swaps. Probably is, but I don’t know how to find it.

#13459 3 days ago
Quoted from zahner:

I guess you either physically gaze upon your coils or look each one up in the manual. Then go into settings and compare. I THINK the flippers are currently blue and the display shows red. So I guess one can swap. Not entirely clear on the advantages, but assuming it provides more stability with power. I am hoping there is just a list of swaps. Probably is, but I don’t know how to find it.

I think that the only coils I would swap would be the flipper coils.

All the other ones seem to work pretty good.

If I were to replace the flipper coils, which ones would I get? They could definitely use more power.

brenna98, which flipper coils should I order as an upgrade?

#13460 3 days ago

I was playing a game and my stage stopped working, not opening. Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting? I went into stage in the settings menu and it wouldn’t open either. Sounds like it’s working, just not opening.

#13461 3 days ago
Quoted from B-Born05:

I was playing a game and my stage stopped working, not opening. Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting? I went into stage in the settings menu and it wouldn’t open either. Sounds like it’s working, just not opening.

Check the plastic stage piece and see if that is blocking it. I had the same problem and that was it.

#13462 3 days ago
Quoted from gibsonrd:

Check the plastic stage piece and see if that is blocking it. I had the same problem and that was it.

I followed the YouTube video on the stage, verified board has power and unplugged and replugged in the curtain servo. Took off back of stage checked plugs. Then it worked in test, until I went into curtain calibration which worked to close the stage, but then stopped again. Rechecked all plugs again and seems like they are secure, but can’t get it to work in test or calibration now.

#13463 2 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You buying toppers now? Great Black Friday deals!

No on Toppers - always topless in my basement. You know that.

Nice to know there are Black Friday deals though.

#13464 2 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

which flipper coils should I order as an upgrade?

No change to flipper coils.

#13465 2 days ago

so which coils should be changed?

#13466 2 days ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

so which coils should be changed?

You don’t NEED to change anything if you don’t want.
On current production games some general use coils where changed from Red 23-800 to yellow 26-1200
I don’t recall every one, but to find out go into Settings - Coil settings and go through the list.
If the coil has a red or yellow highlighted number that can be selected, those are default settings for that color coil.

#13467 2 days ago

Im having issues with something and Im not sure what? When I hit the seance scoop it often returns 2 balls and I have been in the elephant mode a few times now where while the mode is active the stage door is open and flashing, when I hit it, it just sits there with no response and I have to wait for a ball search that may or may not come. Any ideas on where or what to look at?

#13468 2 days ago

brenna98 or rosh ... any idea when the next batch of Houdini's will be on the production line? I am guessing February 2022 based on previous comments, but wondering if there was any update?

Also, can you confirm that the EOS switches were added to the standard build when the Power supply update and the flipper performance capacitor was added to the BOM?

#13469 2 days ago
Quoted from brenna98:

just incase you missed my post in the black Friday thread.
[quoted image]

Sadly, the Shaker is not a "Selected Product" for Black Friday sale

#13470 2 days ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Sadly, the Shaker is not a "Selected Product" for Black Friday sale

Nothing is showing up for sale for me

Also, why would one consider changing from a blue to red solenoid for the flippers? I’m not experiencing any issues presently

#13471 2 days ago
Quoted from zahner:

Nothing is showing up for sale for me
Also, why would one consider changing from a blue to red solenoid for the flippers? I’m not experiencing any issues presently

I’m wondering the same thing…

#13472 2 days ago
Quoted from zahner:

No change to the flipper coils. They have always been and will continue to be the blue wrapper COI0003

#13473 2 days ago

Also, can you confirm that the EOS switches were added to the standard build when the Power supply update and the flipper performance capacitor was added to the BOM?

Yes, confirmed.

idea when the next batch of Houdini's will be on the production line?

Not sure, but ask your distributor. There are NIB games available.

#13474 2 days ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

the stage door is open and flashing, when I hit it, it just sits there with no response and I have to wait for a ball search that may or may not come.

#13475 1 day ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Im having issues with something and Im not sure what? When I hit the seance scoop it often returns 2 balls and I have been in the elephant mode a few times now where while the mode is active the stage door is open and flashing, when I hit it, it just sits there with no response and I have to wait for a ball search that may or may not come. Any ideas on where or what to look at?

Same here. Seance goes on forever. In multile ball. Anytime I go in stage it lanches 2 balls it will shutdown and reset if you keep playing.

#13476 1 day ago
Quoted from brenna98:

You don’t NEED to change anything if you don’t want.
On current production games some general use coils where changed from Red 23-800 to yellow 26-1200
I don’t recall every one, but to find out go into Settings - Coil settings and go through the list.
If the coil has a red or yellow highlighted number that can be selected, those are default settings for that color coil.

I would Like to Change Them to See If there is an improvement. Can you provide us a list which coils are Changed in the Late production Games?. That would bei pretty awesome thx

#13477 1 day ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I would Like to Change Them to See If there is an improvement. Can you provide us a list which coils are Changed in the Late production Games?. That would bei pretty awesome thx

Go into the coil settings in your game and look.

#13478 8 hours ago

Does the new code need to be unzipped before plugging into pinball machine

#13479 8 hours ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Does the new code need to be unzipped before plugging into pinball machine

No, just copy it as is to a USB stick.

#13480 8 hours ago
Quoted from B-Born05:

I followed the YouTube video on the stage, verified board has power and unplugged and replugged in the curtain servo. Took off back of stage checked plugs. Then it worked in test, until I went into curtain calibration which worked to close the stage, but then stopped again. Rechecked all plugs again and seems like they are secure, but can’t get it to work in test or calibration now.

I'm guessing you have a failed servo, Dave posted a video on how to replace it.

#13481 8 hours ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

No, just copy it as is to a USB stick.

Thank you

There are 13,481 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 270.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside