20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 297.
#12701 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Halloween is the next spooky game

Yes, but what's the other one going to be?

#12702 2 years ago

Halloween is the next spooky game

Yeah I know, but there was a fan base for Nightmare on Elm Street (among others) being the next pin on the Spooky thread. So I tossed it out here for the Spooky fans just to yank their chain on the next AP release!

#12703 2 years ago

I want to add a sub to the bottom of my cabinet.
Is there any info on how to do it factory style?

I did an external one that I built myself. I posted on it earlier.
I didn't really want to mess up the cabinet too much.
Mine is passive and not too boomy, I like it alot.

Post 9098 in this thread

#12704 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

What are eye blockers?

I used rubber grommets that I had laying around. I posted the sizes in an earlier post.

looks like it was post 8417 in this thread

They work fine.

#12705 2 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

I did an external one that I built myself. I posted on it earlier.
I didn't really want to mess up the cabinet too much.
Mine is passive and not too boomy, I like it alot.
Post 9098 in this thread

Yes, but the next run of Houdini's will have the cabinet mounted subwoofer.

My FOMO is acting up, so I imagine a kit will be offered to update the older models?

I have no problem cutting a hole in the bottom of my cabinet. Its easy and fast to do.

#12706 2 years ago

I just saw the Oktoberfest Easter Egg in Houdini for the first time, clearly I need to score more Magic Shop visits!

#12707 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:I just saw the Oktoberfest Easter Egg in Houdini for the first time, clearly I need to score more Magic Shop visits!

Saw that one as well, I love those easter eggs.

#12708 2 years ago

Yes, but the next run of Houdini's will have the cabinet mounted subwoofer.
My FOMO is acting up, so I imagine a kit will be offered to update the older models?
I have no problem cutting a hole in the bottom of my cabinet. Its easy and fast to do.

What's a FOMO?

#12709 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I just saw the Oktoberfest Easter Egg in Houdini for the first time, clearly I need to score more Magic Shop visits!

Quoted from finnflash:

Saw that one as well, I love those easter eggs.

Haven't seen that one yet. Sooooo...is there a HW easter egg too?

#12710 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

That one I'm not sure. I would say no until another update.

#12711 2 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

What's a FOMO?

Feet on my ottoman, I think

#12712 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Feet on my ottoman, I think

I know what FOMOCO is even though my dad was a GM guy...

#12713 2 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

What's a FOMO?

Apparently, fear of missing out

#12714 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Based on the timing of the last code release I'd say no but I wouldn't be surprised if rosh has one hidden in the code but not exposed. Another question is if OKT replaced one of the other ones that were in there? I have not been collecting magic shop visits enough lately to even begin to know.

#12715 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Another question is if OKT replaced one of the other ones that were in there? I have not been collecting magic shop visits enough lately to even begin to know.

I have not removed any. I wanted to add a couple of new ones in that release, but, when I looked at the machines that had come out since the last update, not a ton of options, since most were pretty much already covered, you know, rock bands, super heroes, etc. and also a bit tricky since can't really get new voice calls for them. Possible if that actor does more work for us I can get a few done, as I do have a couple in mind. Although probably not likely before the next Houdini code release.

Quoted from bobukcat:

I wouldn't be surprised if rosh has one hidden in the code but not exposed.

There is one I have never made visible, since at the time we felt it might be a bit too much salt in the wound, but since tragedy plus time equals comedy, maybe someday (and it was not a tragedy). Also not sure if I have a voice call for it. Hmm, now I am wondering if I had that visible in one of the test codes packages I gave you.

#12716 2 years ago

An easter egg hunt, well done.

#12717 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

An easter egg hunt, well done.

There is something in the last release that I have yet to see any of you . . .

#12718 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I have not removed any. I wanted to add a couple of new ones in that release, but, when I looked at the machines that had come out since the last update, not a ton of options, since most were pretty much already covered, you know, rock bands, super heroes, etc. and also a bit tricky since can't really get new voice calls for them. Possible if that actor does more work for us I can get a few done, as I do have a couple in mind. Although probably not likely before the next Houdini code release.

There is one I have never made visible, since at the time we felt it might be a bit too much salt in the wound, but since tragedy plus time equals comedy, maybe someday (and it was not a tragedy). Also not sure if I have a voice call for it. Hmm, now I am wondering if I had that visible in one of the test codes packages I gave you.

Well I've heard your voice over work so I know you can just do the "sayings"for the Easter eggs.

#12719 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

The NEXT Houdini code release?!!!!!

#12720 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes, he has to fix the ESCAPE letter reward bug introduced in the last release.

#12721 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I played the hell out of all those test releases and never saw any new ones that haven't made it into production so I don't think so but if I weren't so busy I'd go back, load each one up one by one and manually go through every one just to be sure.

Edie: Speaking of things we've not discovered it was stated there is another scantily clad lady really well hidden somewhere in the game and I've yet to find her, even when doing nearly full top-side shop jobs.

#12722 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Edie: Speaking of things we've not discovered it was stated there is another scantily clad lady really well hidden somewhere in the game and I've yet to find her, even when doing nearly full top-side shop jobs.

Is there one beyond the lady on the plastic above the E S C targets? If so, I haven't noticed her even with a complete playfield teardown and shop job.

Houdini_Plastic (resized).jpgHoudini_Plastic (resized).jpg
#12723 2 years ago

Who is the guitarists he pulls out of the hat supposed to be?

#12724 2 years ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

Not sure but it reminds me of Angus Young from AC/DC.

#12725 2 years ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

I think that the point is you can't tell because it represents just about anyone as there were so many rock-band themed games released.

#12726 2 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

Is there one beyond the lady on the plastic above the E S C targets? If so, I haven't noticed her even with a complete playfield teardown and shop job.
[quoted image]

That's the only one I've ever seen and it hasn't been from lack of looking. rosh was probably just f-ing with us when he said there's another one.

#12727 2 years ago

picked mine up last week, man this pin is so neat
even drove 600 mile round trip which i never do but well worth the trip

243598F0-F59C-4302-94BF-351B016615B2 (resized).jpeg243598F0-F59C-4302-94BF-351B016615B2 (resized).jpeg3D53F90E-CA83-470A-8E58-C6DA0AC76294 (resized).jpeg3D53F90E-CA83-470A-8E58-C6DA0AC76294 (resized).jpeg4F243BF4-2B18-4C7E-9060-5F61733DF55A (resized).jpeg4F243BF4-2B18-4C7E-9060-5F61733DF55A (resized).jpeg6E521E77-E869-4533-A68E-8E7B74E87187 (resized).jpeg6E521E77-E869-4533-A68E-8E7B74E87187 (resized).jpegBC8D09BE-2140-41B9-95B8-55B1A3FE9370 (resized).jpegBC8D09BE-2140-41B9-95B8-55B1A3FE9370 (resized).jpegC93C9646-39A3-442D-AC0C-5FBA14C51AAA (resized).jpegC93C9646-39A3-442D-AC0C-5FBA14C51AAA (resized).jpeg
#12728 2 years ago

I think my favorite magic shop hat trick is Groot. I haven't had the machine very long, how many different ones are there?

#12729 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I think my favorite magic shop hat trick is Groot. I haven't had the machine very long, how many different ones are there?

SPOILER ALERT - DON'T READ IF YOU WANT TO FIND THEM FOR YOURSELF!!

I'll likely never remember them all but here's what I can recall, since I'm bored sitting on a conference call:

Groot
Pirates
Rock Band
Alien
TNA
Oktoberfest
Cow

#12730 2 years ago

ghostbusters
and does alien is for the alien pin, seems more linked to AFM/RFM (Rosh will tell)

#12731 2 years ago
Quoted from Scoot:

I like when Rocket comes out of magic shop and hat for personal reasons.
Had your rabies shot?

#12732 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I think that the point is you can't tell because it represents just about anyone as there were so many rock-band themed games released.

Exactly, in the year or two leading up to Houdini there was Kiss, ACDC, Metallica and Aerosmith and since then, GnR, IM, LZ, Beatles, -- so it is the pulling out of the hat joke the keeps on giving.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

and does alien is for the alien pin, seems more linked to AFM/RFM (Rosh will tell)

Which ever makes you laugh.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Quoted from bobukcat:

Speaking of things we've not discovered it was stated there is another scantily clad lady really well hidden somewhere in the game and I've yet to find her, even when doing nearly full top-side shop jobs.

Quoted from GSones:

[quoted image]

I believe it was Barry who talked about it, but I do think there is truth to it, my old brain just can't remember. There are a few things "hidden" in the playfield and backglass.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Had your rabies shot?

If memory serves it was your son who suggested that line when you were testing a code release.

#12733 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

If memory serves it was your son who suggested that line when you were testing a code release.

It was! Thanks for this eternal memory Rosh!
He was 11 at the time. Its still exciting every time Rocket appears.

#12734 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I believe it was Barry who talked about it, but I do think there is truth to it, my old brain just can't remember. There are a few things "hidden" in the playfield and backglass.

I had the game a full two weeks before I realized Houdini was hanging upside-down right in the middle of the backglass.

#12735 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

picked mine up last week, man this pin is so neat
even drove 600 mile round trip which i never do but well worth the trip[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Best value in pinball, hands down. Packed game, beautiful presentation, modes until you die, and just hard enough to keep you going for “one more game”. IMO the P3 is edging up to it in terms of value but that’s another whole ball of wax

#12736 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Had your rabies shot?

How in the hell did I forget that one, I even own GOTG?!?!

#12737 2 years ago

And the reference to ‘spooky’.

#12738 2 years ago

There is something magical when you start Indian needle trick and the very next shot you hit the inner loop to start trunk multiball.

#12739 2 years ago

Loves me some ‘BOOOOYEEAH’ action on a trunk multiball..

#12740 2 years ago

Question
I have read that the ball scoop ejects the ball rather forcibly onto the playfield causing damage near the scoop. Is this true? can the scoop power be dialed down? If not, would you recommend a cliffy protector?

#12741 2 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

Question
I have read that the ball scoop ejects the ball rather forcibly onto the playfield causing damage near the scoop. Is this true? can the scoop power be dialed down? If not, would you recommend a cliffy protector?

The scoop eject is adjustable. As for the Cliffy scoop protector, after over a thousand games I didn't see any wear but I installed it anyway while I was shopping the playfield.

#12742 2 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

Question

I have way more than 1000 games on mine, have not gotten around to installing the Cliffies… and yet nothing. No chipping, no nothing

#12743 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have way more than 1000 games on mine, have not gotten around to installing the Cliffies… and yet nothing. No chipping, no nothing

Same here…a wonderful machine…

#12744 2 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

Question

I'd suggest you at least put some mylar on the edge of the scoop, I installed the cliffy on mine very early on.

#12745 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'd suggest you at least put some mylar on the edge of the scoop, I installed the cliffy on mine very early on.

mine has a small chip on the edge cliffy going on tonight

#12746 2 years ago

Such a killer loaded deep game for the price of a stern pro,I love mine and I believe they should go up in price and it looks like they have some!

#12747 2 years ago

Thank you everyone for all your input, I went ahead and just ordered the entire cliffy set for the machine. I dont mind the small price to pay for them to protect the playfield.

I purchased a deluxe model as it comes with the blades, topper, sub woofer, steam punk flippers, shaker motor and knocker and magic glass. Spent a bit more for it but I think it was well worth it. I also got the water cell and striaght jacket mods and Q the robot (what can I say I'm a geek and a magician too boot)Plastic protectors as well

other then those mods, what other mods are worth getting?

I have a few friends that said I should have bought something else because the shots are too tight and it doesn't flow. I have played the game on location and fell in love with it, I like the challenging shots and its a game I am sure I will not get tired of after a few plays. Yeah, its not for everyone but its for me

#12748 2 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

Thank you everyone for all your input, I went ahead and just ordered the entire cliffy set for the machine. I dont mind the small price to pay for them to protect the playfield.
I purchased a deluxe model as it comes with the blades, topper, sub woofer, steam punk flippers, shaker motor and knocker. Spent a bit more for it but I think it was well worth it. I also got the water cell and striaght jacket mods and Q the robot (what can I say I'm a geek and a magician too boot)Plastic protectors as well
other then those mods, what other mods are worth getting?
I have a few friends that said I should have bought something else because the shots are too tight and it doesn't flow. I have played the game on location and fell in love with it, I like the challenging shots and its a game I am sure I will not get tired of after a few plays. Yeah, its not for everyone but its for me

You won’t regret it. I’ve had this game since it came off the line and I can nail the supposedly “tight” shots with regularity. It’s all hearsay. The game is unstoppable

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 14,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 255 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/255 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.