IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg
C2D3D6D5-6095-41AE-B2F9-922E3C82CEEE (resized).jpeg
5F0CE87F-3FBB-4BC8-968E-D86513A8E8DB (resized).jpeg
479F23B5-6494-4B24-9FBE-EEE5FB96129C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 297.
#12451 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

A questions for owners who have enabled (currently or in the past) 'Stage Front Eject' . . .
While it is only used in a few places, how well does it work on your machine as far as successfully ejecting out the front? most of the time, some of the time or practically never?

I had it working ptetty good when my pitch was at 6.8.

It got a little balky at 6.5.

About a 1 in 15 failure.

Currently its disabled.

I wish it worked better, i like it.

#12452 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

A questions for owners who have enabled (currently or in the past) 'Stage Front Eject' . . .
While it is only used in a few places, how well does it work on your machine as far as successfully ejecting out the front? most of the time, some of the time or practically never?

Practically never, I do have my game a bit steeper than recommended - not sure if that makes it better or worse and I've never really tried to do anything to make is work better, just disabled it.

#12453 2 years ago

Tech: Greetings, just had a major meltdown of the Houdini stage, game only has 1150 plays on it. Might be wise to keep an eye on the welds keeping the curtain attached to the rest of the stage..see attached pics..Might of got a better hold with blu-tac or bubble gum...

200A1976-BA95-488A-BF7E-3A8BEB5962AA (resized).jpeg200A1976-BA95-488A-BF7E-3A8BEB5962AA (resized).jpeg20210313_180952 (resized).jpg20210313_180952 (resized).jpg3E186007-5F50-4B99-9124-C51A7568F287 (resized).jpeg3E186007-5F50-4B99-9124-C51A7568F287 (resized).jpeg57866CB0-E65A-41F5-B8FA-BA55CF21624A (resized).jpeg57866CB0-E65A-41F5-B8FA-BA55CF21624A (resized).jpegD0A838B0-9218-4626-9AA8-D38444D86D59 (resized).jpegD0A838B0-9218-4626-9AA8-D38444D86D59 (resized).jpegDA059CFC-33F3-4F71-8AD1-42D2FDDF411D (resized).jpegDA059CFC-33F3-4F71-8AD1-42D2FDDF411D (resized).jpegE670FF13-721D-4432-9876-5B7933BB4A3F (resized).jpegE670FF13-721D-4432-9876-5B7933BB4A3F (resized).jpegEB3C9531-2975-4C53-B23B-858632BD81D0 (resized).jpegEB3C9531-2975-4C53-B23B-858632BD81D0 (resized).jpegF027D2D1-2BD4-4EDA-8EC1-D69B59AB387B (resized).jpegF027D2D1-2BD4-4EDA-8EC1-D69B59AB387B (resized).jpeg
#12454 2 years ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

Tech: Greetings, just had a major meltdown of the Houdini stage, game only has 1150 plays on it. Might be wise to keep an eye on the welds keeping the curtain attached to the rest of the stage..see attached pics..Might of got a better hold with blu-tac or bubble gum...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That will have to be spot welded at a welding shop, or replace the piece.

Glue wont hold.

#12455 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

as said already in PM, i never activate that option before... from today i'm than at 2 OK out of 3
back (much) later with higher stats

#12456 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

A shop should be able to Tig weld that.

#12457 2 years ago

tonight, my son best on our Houdini, including mini wizard movie, mini wizard escape, et big wizard master magician (but didnt beat it)
all in all, not enough to put his name in
that also (seems to) means that the ENCORE BONUS is the way to go to score very big (of course including playing well the modes)

anto (resized).jpganto (resized).jpg

#12458 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tonight, my son best on our Houdini, including mini wizard movie, mini wizard escape, et big wizard master magician (but didnt beat it)
all in all, not enough to put his name in
that also (seems to) means that the ENCORE BONUS is the way to go to score very big (of course including playing well the modes)
[quoted image]

That's an impressive score! Beats the hell out of mine, that's for sure. Looking at the completion stats, it shows how hard it is to pick up the combo modes. Two is my usual number with occasional foreys into three. The times that I cleanly shoot the perfect combo only to realize I didn't have it lit really is crushing to my pinball spirit and drives me to "one more game".

#12459 2 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

That's an impressive score! Beats the hell out of mine, that's for sure. Looking at the completion stats, it shows how hard it is to pick up the combo modes. Two is my usual number with occasional foreys into three. The times that I cleanly shoot the perfect combo only to realize I didn't have it lit really is crushing to my pinball spirit and drives me to "one more game".

yep... just checked when i've scored 25M, and than "only" 2 secrets missions on that game
may be its just you (and me lol), we're simply not playing these... and its an error because some easy points are in there

back to general talks, about the MASTER MAGICIAN WM, my son feedback told me that it was more than hard to just control/play it (while flippers are inverted-inverted)
wanna try myself, than this morning set our pin on EASY to collect letters, and reach it too : i confirm that i was completly braindead playing like this...

than a simple ask : who did fully beat this pin ? (i mean on factory settings)
or than, who knows a guy who did it ? is this the Magician Houd-alinor ??? loooooooooooooooooooooool

#12460 2 years ago

Chinese welding?

#12461 2 years ago

I have just bought myself a US Houdini 110v but will be moving to Europe in 5months. Can I covert to 220v 50hz?

#12462 2 years ago
Quoted from Nollianus:

I have just bought myself a US Houdini 110v but will be moving to Europe in 5months. Can I covert to 220v 50hz?

Contact AP, I believe they have a procedure

#12463 2 years ago

Houdini Playfield Prints are Now Available!

The beautiful artwork of the Houdini playfield is printed on Premium Luster Photo Paper and makes a wonderful decoration for your game room or living space.

Playfield Art by Jeff Busch. (18” x 24”)

Take home some magic today at: https://tinyurl.com/kuph4ska

America_Pinball_HH Playfield Art Print - 5in x 7in_LoRes Store Image (resized).jpgAmerica_Pinball_HH Playfield Art Print - 5in x 7in_LoRes Store Image (resized).jpg
#12464 2 years ago

I don’t think I’ve ever had an air all come to rest on top of a pop bumper before.

8BF09736-6A7B-4D5D-B995-92539E57B2D0 (resized).jpeg8BF09736-6A7B-4D5D-B995-92539E57B2D0 (resized).jpeg
#12465 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

I don’t think I’ve ever had an air all come to rest on top of a pop bumper before.
[quoted image]

wow ! thats the mega-aka-super-skillshot !

#12466 2 years ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

[quoted image]

I have had this happen twice in the last week, but on the other side.

20210110_133303 (resized).jpg20210110_133303 (resized).jpg
#12467 2 years ago

wow (again) ! never seen this on mine...
how/from where did you get the ball there ? rebound ? clash with another ball ?

#12468 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

wow (again) ! never seen this on mine...
how/from where did you get the ball there ? rebound ? clash with another ball ?

Mine hit the rubber next to the stage and took flight.

#12469 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have had this happen twice in the last week, but on the other side.
[quoted image]

You may have to install some small piece of colored plastic to prevent the ball from sitting there. I can't think of any other fix. I could envision you gluing in a pea-sized ball or a triangular shaped piece. Antique Gold, chrome, black would all work visually, and whatever you add doesn't have to be very big, just enough to prevent a ball from being able to come to rest up there. It is an odd problem to be sure.

#12470 2 years ago

I've had it happen once. As best I can recall, the ball rebounded off the targets and landed there. Had to slide the glass down, knock it free and take the drain. I'm positive that this is the only reason that I didn't get 25 million for that game. Yeah, that sounds plausible.

Joking aside, for the next round of code updates, Josh might want to add a cycling of the pops to the the ball search function as I don't think it currently does that.

IMG_20200906_203143640 (resized).jpgIMG_20200906_203143640 (resized).jpg
#12471 2 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

I've had it happen once. As best I can recall, the ball rebounded off the targets and landed there. Had to slide the glass down, knock it free and take the drain. I'm positive that this is the only reason that I didn't get 25 million for that game. Yeah, that sounds plausible.
Joking aside, for the next round of code updates, Josh might want to add a cycling of the pops to the the ball search function as I don't think it currently does that.
[quoted image]

i think that its simply impossible to score 25M on Houdini...

#12472 2 years ago

UPDATE: This happend after Encore, and Josh has fixed it for next release......I have encountered a milkcan bug late in high-scoring games 3 times on the latest software. As soon as I start milkcan mode, the game freezes, does a ball search, stops all music and the mode stays active indefinitely even if completed. After losing the ball, the game ends.

#12473 2 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

UPDATE: This happend after Encore, and Josh has fixed it for next release......I have encountered a milkcan bug late in high-scoring games 3 times on the latest software. As soon as I start milkcan mode, the game freezes, does a ball search, stops all music and the mode stays active indefinitely even if completed. After losing the ball, the game ends.

welcome to the club ! i'm feeling less alone...
in my case, game didnt ends, i could play remaining balls, but with no access to the stage

#12474 2 years ago

For any API folks who are reading this... will the coil performance improvement kit be back in stock on the store page anytime soon? I asked this question from the web page recently and have not had a response there yet.

I think this is the last mod I need to consider this game complete. I recently added the upgraded power supply, knocker kit, and shaker motor.

#12475 2 years ago

For any American Pinball owners of Houdini, Oktoberfest or Hot Wheels that have a moment, we’re looking to analyze the gameplay audits from the collective players base out there to see the frequency of how often various features are started. If you’re interested in helping, please shoot an email of the audits from your game to [email protected]

If you happen to be an IFPA ranked player, please send your player ID number as well in the email.

To copy game logs and audits (Requires: a FAT 32 formatted USB 2.0 drive):

- Open the coin door and locate the provided USB extension cable on the right-hand side of the coin door below the flipper switch.
- Insert the USB drive into the USB extension cable.
- If power is turned off, turn on.
- Wait for the completion screen on the monitor and remove the USB drive.
- Power cycle the game.

#12476 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

For any API folks who are reading this... will the coil performance improvement kit be back in stock on the store page anytime soon? I asked this question from the web page recently and have not had a response there yet.
I think this is the last mod I need to consider this game complete. I recently added the upgraded power supply, knocker kit, and shaker motor.

These should be back in stock on our web store by approxmately the end of next week.

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/kit0006-00?_pos=1&_sid=174cb77f7&_ss=r

#12477 2 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

These should be back in stock on our web store by approxmately the end of next week.
https://store.american-pinball.com/products/kit0006-00?_pos=1&_sid=174cb77f7&_ss=r

Thanks! I will be on the lookout for them to show up again.

#12478 2 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

If you’re interested in helping...

will do

Quoted from PhantomO:

UPDATE: This happend after Encore, and Josh has fixed it for next release...

tested, now works OK

#12480 2 years ago

too funny... as not only testing new beta code, i wanna try to get a "good" game on Houdini to put available on the net, this trying to record with "poor man" 2 phones... and of course what have to happend did happend ! i did reach MASTER MAGICIAN (didnt beat it)

will try now to rebuild something i could share, but not sure about the result, this will not contest in the twipy pinball awards ! looooooooooooool
dont be afraid Jack...

ok, back later, hoping with something i can propose

#12481 2 years ago

The reason I asked a week or two back about the stage exit, is that my stage has a near zero success rate, so here and there while working on other things I have tried some things to improve this, and it is significantly better -- at least for me. Of course what I don't know is if this somehow makes it worse for those who currently have a high success rate with it.

So, whether yours works well exiting the front of the stage or does poorly, if you are open to it, please try out this test code, but please be sure to tell me if it was good and got worse, or was bad and got better or no change. Obviously I don't want it to make things worse, so need some data to know if this is a change I should move forward with.

There are also a few bug fixes and other tweaks in this code that will be in the next official release.

If you want to give this feature testing release a try, use the link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r9zdCyrt9U-LleDAZGo3SlQD0FftkkcP/view?usp=sharing

#12482 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

The reason I asked a week or two back about the stage exit, is that my stage has a near zero success rate, so here and there while working on other things I have tried some things to improve this, and it is significantly better -- at least for me. Of course what I don't know is if this somehow makes it worse for those who currently have a high success rate with it.
So, whether yours works well exiting the front of the stage or does poorly, if you are open to it, please try out this test code, but please be sure to tell me if it was good and got worse, or was bad and got better or no change. Obviously I don't want it to make things worse, so need some data to know if this is a change I should move forward with.
There are also a few bug fixes and other tweaks in this code that will be in the next official release.
If you want to give this feature testing release a try, use the link below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r9zdCyrt9U-LleDAZGo3SlQD0FftkkcP/view?usp=sharing

Josh do you want us to respond here or via email?

#12483 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Josh do you want us to respond here or via email?

You can report it here, I'm sure others would be interested in hearing results.

#12484 2 years ago

great you are sharing this beta here, evbd can than be involved in your query for stats... but not only with few others nice things

and than, to follow my previous post, here's my afternoon game
almost we have now a good/long gameplay to see on Houdini, but than sorry for the quality of the recording (as explained already)

#12485 2 years ago

having a ball stucked (again) at the planchet
before it was between the cable and the cabinet, easy to correct while just moving the planchet to the left, here it was really annoying while in multiball and didnt noticed it until i was only playing with 1 ball on the playfield, but still in multiball...

than, to avoid this :

0 (resized).jpg0 (resized).jpg

i've made this, easy DIY, takes 5 minutes, using a STERN transparent post (need to force/screw in a little, in fact perfect to stay in place), and a 1 1/2 rubber... this trick could be usefull for those having Houdini in location

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

#12486 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

having a ball stucked (again) at the planchet
before it was between the cable and the cabinet, easy to correct while just moving the planchet to the left, here it was really annoying while in multiball and didnt noticed it until i was only playing with 1 ball on the playfield, but still in multiball...
than, to avoid this :
[quoted image]
i've made this, easy DIY, takes 5 minutes, using a STERN transparent post (need to force/screw in a little, in fact perfect to stay in place), and a 1 1/2 rubber... this trick could be usefull for those having Houdini in location
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great solution! This does still occasionally happen to me, but not often.

#12487 2 years ago

Very happy to report that with he 3-25 beta code, the stage eject is still working great. My game has never had an issue with it in the first place but the beta code did not seem to make anything worse. I got it to eject successfully about 4 times, might have been 5. I had no failures.

Important to note that my game is set a little floaty right now because of circumstances in the game room (or lack thereof). I would guess it's at about 6 or 6.1 pitch, which I know it approximately what Joe designed it for. The stage eject has also worked fine at my normal height at about 6.3

I've been playing a lot of P3 games fairly exclusively the past couple weeks (CCR, Ranger in the Ruins), and every time I come back to Houdini it kills me at how much is packed into this machine.

#12488 2 years ago

I finally got time to install and test the new beta code but my stage eject still never works, the ball is always pushed backwards just a bit, not even close to being enough to get it out of there. My game is set a bit steeper than recommended, probably ~6.8 degrees. Not a big deal, just providing feedback for @rosh.

#12489 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I finally got time to install and test the new beta code but my stage eject still never works, the ball is always pushed backwards just a bit, not even close to being enough to get it out of there. My game is set a bit steeper than recommended, probably ~6.8 degrees. Not a big deal, just providing feedback for rosh.

Hmm, I would expect the steepness to help it roll out, but tame that impacts the first part. The ball should get moved to the back and then roll around he captive ball and come out as the captive ball goes back down. There is a lip resulting from coining of the floor that it can get caught on (which was not in the prototypes and that makes this far more challenging then it originally was). At some point, if you don't mind, grab a video of it, curious to see what it is doing.

#12490 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Hmm, I would expect the steepness to help it roll out, but tame that impacts the first part. The ball should get moved to the back and then roll around he captive ball and come out as the captive ball goes back down. There is a lip resulting from coining of the floor that it can get caught on (which was not in the prototypes and that makes this far more challenging then it originally was). At some point, if you don't mind, grab a video of it, curious to see what it is doing.

I'll send you a video later but it appears to me that the ball doesn't get pushed back far enough to give it enough momentum to get over the lip when it rolls back, it's not even really close to being enough.

#12491 2 years ago

Copper plated wire forms from Chris at Pinball Plating.
Very nice job and looks great.

IMG-3553 (resized).jpgIMG-3553 (resized).jpg
#12492 2 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

[quoted image]

Wow, that's pretty pimped-out! Would you mind sharing how much he charged for that job, I may consider it?

#12493 2 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Here's a quick video of what mine does:

#12494 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I like that color. I was thinking of doing something similar, so I may steal your color choice.

#12495 2 years ago

Are there two balls in there?

#12496 2 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Are there two balls in there?

Just the "disappearing" one and the live ball in ball.

#12497 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Phenomenal! I am doing that.

#12498 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Wow, that's pretty pimped-out! Would you mind sharing how much he charged for that job, I may consider it?

The copper ramps are on an exchange basis plus his fee.
I don't want to quote a wrong price so it would be best to reach out to Chris and ask.
https://pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
API worked with us get a pair plated, thanks API!

#12499 2 years ago

The copper ramps are on an exchange basis plus his fee.
I don't want to quote a wrong price so it would be best to reach out to Chris and ask.
https://pinballplating.com/quick-exchange-parts
API worked with us get a pair plated, thanks API!

It ain't cheap! But it sure does look great...

#12500 2 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Here's a quick video of what mine does:

hard to see it precisely, since can't real scrub on youtube, but seems it starts to move forward before the ball starts to drop, possible due to your pitch. I'll have to see if I can make that delay a touch shorter and see if helps that scenario without negatively impacting others.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glen Carbon, IL
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
Tools
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Tools
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,801 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/250?hl=jfre81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.