20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 297.
#12301 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Thanks! Okay, last picture. I added a sunlight strip behind the yellow sign to illuminate the man of mystery himself. *Now* I’m happy with it. [quoted image]

Agreed. Better.

#12302 3 years ago

Nice topper. Just don't have the room for one in my game room... Everything stays topless ... I'm ok with that.

#12303 3 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Early on there was talk of marquee type lighting being in the game. AP dropped it for cost? I assume it was behind the backglass.
This would also be cool if it could be added.

This might already be answered, but the marquee was routed into the backbox, and lights inserted. It sounded pretty awesome, but you can see why it was removed

#12304 3 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Early on there was talk of marquee type lighting being in the game. AP dropped it for cost? I assume it was behind the backglass.
This would also be cool if it could be added.

Okay, so what are you guys talking about?

#12305 3 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Okay, so what are you guys talking about?

Look at original flyer

#12306 3 years ago

Typo to fix for the next update.

“It” = “If”

You should keep “Mulitball” though
D2AB73FD-60E6-408E-B1D8-0EBBC64449FE (resized).jpegD2AB73FD-60E6-408E-B1D8-0EBBC64449FE (resized).jpeg

#12307 3 years ago

Perhaps in the next fix, can get the lights back on just a tad quicker after the ball misses the trunk. Just a thought.

#12308 3 years ago

Im having a strange problem updating mine. I've tried everything I can think of. 2 different USB cards formatted fat32, downloaded several times, plugged directly into computer vs extension wire, even renamed file to remove date. I get the same result every time.

It says it's updating, runs for about 2 minutes, then says complete. I reboot and all I get is the blue screen. Im sure it should take more than 2 minutes.

Oh, and it is copying the log files onto the USB.

Thoughts? I feel like I'm forgetting something silly...

#12309 3 years ago

Never mind... I was using Chrome to download. Used I.E. and downloaded direct to USB. all good now.

#12310 3 years ago

My Houdini shows Rosh as escape champ. Is this a default setting?

A28341A7-1587-4A1B-B974-AC91EA1054D2 (resized).jpegA28341A7-1587-4A1B-B974-AC91EA1054D2 (resized).jpeg
#12311 3 years ago

yes... erase that (lol)

#12312 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

My Houdini shows Rosh as escape champ. Is this a default setting?
[quoted image]

Mine was the same. I did briefly wonder if he was sneaking into people’s homes.

#12313 3 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Mine was the same. I did briefly wonder if he was sneaking into people’s homes.

That would definitely make rosh the escape champ. Hasnt been caught to this day!

#12314 3 years ago

Tech; Hey guys. I just noticed the shroud around the stage curtain on my machine is rotating to the left every time the curtain opens. It only just started so obviously something has come loose. Any ideas?

#12315 3 years ago

what is the ideal scoop coil power setting? im only getting about 40 percent success on the kick out.

#12316 3 years ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

Tech; Hey guys. I just noticed the shroud around the stage curtain on my machine is rotating to the left every time the curtain opens. It only just started so obviously something has come loose. Any ideas?

This is held on with 3m double side tape. I took some vhb (very high bond) 3M tape and replaced mine. You need to loosen things some to get it out, but stage removal is not necessary. You can press it back in place, and it may hold for a while, but count on replacing it with new tape eventually.

#12317 3 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

what is the ideal scoop coil power setting? im only getting about 40 percent success on the kick out.

I dont remember what I set mine to, but it was opposite of what I though it should be. The higher I went on coil settings the worse it got. Try lowering the setting some and see if that helps.

#12318 3 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:what is the ideal scoop coil power setting? im only getting about 40 percent success on the kick out.

Mine is set to 8 and is working well. I do remember fiddling with it ,but do not remember the default setting. I think Soundkillr is correct- there were a couple coils that lowering the power helped solve my issues.

#12319 3 years ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

This is held on with 3m double side tape. I took some vhb (very high bond) 3M tape and replaced mine. You need to loosen things some to get it out, but stage removal is not necessary. You can press it back in place, and it may hold for a while, but count on replacing it with new tape eventually.

Thankyou...Wow I can’t believe a part is held in place by tape....

#12320 3 years ago

Thankyou...Wow I can’t believe a part is held in place by tape....

Welcome to the modern world.

747 ailerons are held on with tape....

#12321 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Oh thanks.... like I needed to know that

#12322 3 years ago

My chest is held together with tie wire. And my ankle with self tappers.

#12323 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My chest is held together with tie wire. And my ankle with self tappers.

Lol, yep, I got screws holding my right leg together...

#12324 3 years ago

Lol, yep, I got screws holding my right leg together...

My sanity has been hanging by a hair for a very long time.

#12325 3 years ago

Anyone have the part number or a link to the wire gate coming out of the shooter lane? A client of mine already broke his. . .

#12326 3 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Anyone have the part number or a link to the wire gate coming out of the shooter lane? A client of mine already broke his. . .

Lots of those broke early on.

Distros sent them out for free at one time.

API should have them

#12327 3 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

MTL0034-00 = one-way gate bracket
WRF0007-00 = one-way gate wireform

I'll have this listed on the API store soon. (note, there are 2 of these on Houdini)

#12328 3 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

MTL0034-00 = one-way gate bracket
WRF0007-00 = one-way gate wireform
I'll have this listed on the API store soon. (note, there are 2 of these on Houdini)

Awesome, I haven't had any gates on mine in a year and a half.
I won't be able to go for skill shots in the middle of a ball again, but oh well.

#12329 3 years ago

I'm really curious about an issue I was just having. Even with the coil strength turned way down, the right flipper was causing a lot more vibration than normal like it was firing too hard, and the left flipper was also frequently losing power. I lifted up the playfield and there were 6 screws at the bottom of the cabinet... which turned out to be 6 of the 8 screws that hold down the right flipper bracket. The other two screws were also loose, so the bracket was almost just dangling there. I put the screws back in and tightened everything, and now it's fine. But what could have caused that? The screws on the left flipper bracket aren't loose at all, and this is a machine with 500 plays on it (200 by me since I bought in a month ago )

#12330 3 years ago
Quoted from MrFancy:

I'm really curious about an issue I was just having. Even with the coil strength turned way down, the right flipper was causing a lot more vibration than normal like it was firing too hard, and the left flipper was also frequently losing power. I lifted up the playfield and there were 6 screws at the bottom of the cabinet... which turned out to be 6 of the 8 screws that hold down the right flipper bracket. The other two screws were also loose, so the bracket was almost just dangling there. I put the screws back in and tightened everything, and now it's fine. But what could have caused that? The screws on the left flipper bracket aren't loose at all, and this is a machine with 500 plays on it (200 by me since I bought in a month ago )

They could have come loose during transport and eventually just worked themselves out, a flipper mech produces a lot of torque and vibration! As long as they tightened up nicely when you put them back in you should be fine but check them again in 50-100 plays and if they are getting loose again try a small dot of blue loctite around where the screw head meets the metal bracket.

#12331 3 years ago

good tip bobukcat
Also, if a shaker motor is installed, this can contribute. They're a fun feature, but have been known to loosen things over time. You can adjust the intensity in the settings.

#12332 3 years ago
Quoted from MrFancy:

Screws/mechs/parts are often loose or stripped from the factory assemblers, being hand built.

Its normal for them to come loose after a couple hundred plays. This is the shake down period.

All of the screws should be checked at this time.

Blue loctite on metal assembly screws works wonders.

If screws into the wooden playfield continuously come loose, they should be glued in with a drop of titebond 3 on the threads.

This strengthens the hole and gives the screw a better bite as the wood expands slightly.

Stripped screws in the wooden playfield are easily fixed with a 3/8" piece of bamboo skewer or toothpick into the hole with titebond 3 and then tightened up. Use as many pieces of skewer as it takes to firm it up.

After a few hundred plays the games seem to settle down, and then have very few problems.

#12333 3 years ago

I think I'm seeing that there's supposed to be a 5 second ball save from the scoop, except during multiball. Are there other exceptions? On my machine, it seems to be hit or miss. I'm running the just released code.

Thanks.

#12334 3 years ago

B0E861F6-D4E5-4790-ABEF-A4FE20D43554 (resized).jpegB0E861F6-D4E5-4790-ABEF-A4FE20D43554 (resized).jpeg
#12335 3 years ago

Great shot.

#12336 3 years ago

Nothing like a pinballs eye view

5E3CC12C-B0FF-41C5-A74A-78535763C057 (resized).jpeg5E3CC12C-B0FF-41C5-A74A-78535763C057 (resized).jpeg
#12337 3 years ago

Ballcam !

#12338 3 years ago

Nothing like a pinballs eye view
[quoted image]

Someone needs to make a cool mod to replace that lamp post plastic!

#12339 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Someone needs to make a cool mod to replace that lamp post plastic!

I thought the same thing.... very good call

#12340 3 years ago

I’m looking for the Q Robot mod from TheModCoulple if anyone has one they’d sell?

12F76B0B-2A3D-4A28-9471-29FA77697AF6 (resized).jpeg12F76B0B-2A3D-4A28-9471-29FA77697AF6 (resized).jpeg
#12341 3 years ago

Robot mod looks like it's pretty nice. Did they stop making them ?

#12342 3 years ago

I think it's sold out...

#12343 3 years ago

Just love the colours in this game.

8837CC8F-69FF-482C-AB16-5E7483904F16 (resized).jpeg8837CC8F-69FF-482C-AB16-5E7483904F16 (resized).jpeg
#12344 3 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

I’m looking for the Q Robot mod from TheModCoulple if anyone has one they’d sell?
[quoted image]

We are putting these into production this weekend. Sorry all for the delays in getting back to some of these fun games just busy times.

#12345 3 years ago

Wow, I am loving this game. @rosh, your code is a masterpiece. Hats off to you, you have gone above and beyond with this one. So many elements that mesmerize and challenge, wonderful transitions as you move through the game. Spectacular!

Two wishes: (1) I think the spinner sound effect could be presented with a tad more volume. The sound, itself, is nice, but I think a little more kick to the volume would connect it better and give the spinner a little more feel. And (2), as someone previously mentioned, the left orbit double switches need some sort of sound effect when you shoot to the left.

Tech question: I can’t get my knocker to work. It’s on in the menu, I think it’s hooked up correctly. But, notta

#12346 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wow, I am loving this game. rosh, your code is a masterpiece. Hats off to you, you have gone above and beyond with this one. So many elements that mesmerize and challenge, wonderful transitions as you move through the game. Spectacular!
Two wishes: (1) I think the spinner sound effect could be presented with a tad more volume. The sound, itself, is nice, but I think a little more kick to the volume would connect it better and give the spinner a little more feel. And (2), as someone previously mentioned, the left orbit double switches need some sort of sound effect when you shoot to the left.
Tech question: I can’t get my knocker to work. It’s on in the menu, I think it’s hooked up correctly. But, notta

Is the fuse for it installed on the add on board on the side of the cabinet?

#12347 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Is the fuse for it installed on the add on board on the side of the cabinet?

Yes. Fuse is installed

#12348 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yes. Fuse is installed

Won't fire in coil tests either and does it have 48-55 VDC present on either lug of the coil when the coin door is closed of the interlock is pulled out?

#12349 3 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Won't fire in coil tests either and does it have 48-55 VDC present on either lug of the coil when the coin door is closed of the interlock is pulled out?

It's not firing in coil tests... I'll check to see if voltage is present

#12350 3 years ago

Anyone know if Bally/Wms mirror blades will fit Houdini? I have mirror blades on my other games and will be getting a Houdini soon... but nobody seems to advertise mirror blades that fit API games specifically...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/247?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.