Topic Stats

• 12,104 posts
  • 646 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 50 minutes ago by BackAlleyMatt
  • Topic is favorited by 161 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,586 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

jacket (resized).jpg
tank (resized).jpg
maths1 (resized).jpg
zachary (resized).JPG
8A55D22B-1095-4BB2-B98C-47DF73CCDE5A (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20210111230257 (resized).JPG
20210109115151 (resized).JPG
20210109115131 (resized).JPG
20210108142321 (resized).JPG
IMG_20210106_231932_031 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210105_194903_102 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210103_184550230.jpg
new 5V power supply (resized).png
Status quo  (resized).png
RSP-750-48-inside (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12104 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 243.
#11751 50 days ago

i have 5 pins and my wife hates them all. She just refuses to try as she cant wrap her head around the prices. My only hope is a harry potter machine which would be my grail and the kids/wife would want to play.

#11752 50 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

where do you pull from? The bottom of the translite?
Here is the pick of my power supply. new one right?
[quoted image]

Yes, new one with zippy power supply. You can install the coil upgrade kit.

Yeah, just grab the lift channel trim on the bottom and lift. Mine is real tight too. I have to really stay with it. Put the key in, turn and lift. Once it starts moving, it comes right out.

#11753 50 days ago

My wife likes the pin but is frustrated by her short ball times v/s my longer ball times. It's not that I'm a great player but I play quite a bit more than she does so I know the shots and rules better. She won't practice on her own so that's out. This got me to thinking the other day...

It would be nice to be able to preload a few people into the machine, like me, my wife, son, a friend or two (perhaps a limit of 10 people). You could then select one of these people for Player One and and another person for Player Two and so on. For each preloaded name, the rules could be tweaked as far as total number of extra balls, ease of completing missions, ball save times etc. This would let my wife to (more) easily complete missions while keeping it harder for me to do the same. This would allow her to have more fun on the game and even out the ball times between us. I know it is just wishful thinking at this point but you never know (hint Josh).

#11754 50 days ago

Well my game wasnt level. I moved it into the lineup and didn't think to level it. Playing like butter now. I'm ready for some whiskey and magic.

PXL_20201125_235431894.jpg
#11755 50 days ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Well my game wasnt level. I moved it into the lineup and didn't think to level it. Playing like butter now. I'm ready for some whiskey and magic.
[quoted image]

Well, that didn't take long. Welcome to the club!

#11756 50 days ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

[quoted image]

Hell yeah! Way to go

#11757 50 days ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

[quoted image]

That’s awesome!

#11758 50 days ago

That's actually pretty cool, I didn't even think about looking for steampunk stuff, thanks for the idea!

#11759 50 days ago

An absolutely wonderful, testing machine. The wife and I both love playing #Houdini. The teenage kids even get a kick out of challenging the old man. A huge well done to American Pinball.

#11760 49 days ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Man this game pisses me off so bad. I like games that are tough but the geometry on this just feels broken to me. I've tried playing with the pitch, dropped the flipper, tried adjusting the coil strength. At this point I think the shots are just poorly designed. The lock shot, milk can and stage alley feel impossible to make intentionally. It is upsetting because the game seems to be loaded with code but being unable to hit the shots consistently means I'll never be able to see it. What's weird is my ball times are fine it's just a series of bricked shots which just doesn't equate to fun.
I'm going to continue trying to tweak and give it a chance but I'm seeing now why this game gets so much hate and I'm starting to believe it's justified.

Another thing that helps is to move the post target on the left side of the inner loop shot slightly to the left, toward the ramp shot. This gives a little more space to make the inner loop but doesnt hurt the ramp shot. The ramp entrance is actually the broken geometry. It is hard to make because the shot needs to be precisely aimed and powerful. I have played 45 minute games with 6 houdini letters and only made the ramp shot 5 or 6 times the whole game. Milkcan was meant to be a lucky or rare shot. But ramp is essential and is just in the wrong spot at the wrong angle. But you do get better at all shots the more you play. I almost always get the inner loop when it matters.

#11761 49 days ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Another thing that helps is to move the post target on the left side of the inner loop shot slightly to the left, toward the ramp shot. This gives a little more space to make the inner loop but doesnt hurt the ramp shot. The ramp entrance is actually the broken geometry. It is hard to make because the shot needs to be precisely aimed and powerful. I have played 45 minute games with 6 houdini letters and only made the ramp shot 5 or 6 times the whole game. Milkcan was meant to be a lucky or rare shot. But ramp is essential and is just in the wrong spot at the wrong angle. But you do get better at all shots the more you play. I almost always get the inner loop when it matters.

Raise the power on the left flipper 1 notch or until you can just make the ramp, without the ball falling into the hole, from a cradled position.

Once you find the shot on the left flipper, its amazing.

#11762 49 days ago

Anyone else take advantage of the AP Black Friday sale? Some great deals on parts!

#11763 48 days ago

I have the original power supply and I am attempting to install the knocker kit. The instructions say to connect the brown and black wire to the 48 V power supply by loosening the screw and inserting wire and to re-tighten. There already is brown and black wires here so I don’t see where I would insert the two additional wires. Is there something I’m missing?

image (resized).jpg
#11764 48 days ago

How strange is this? I just installed my knocker kit today also with the original PS.
It confused the hell out of me at first but then finally realized I needed to cut off the pin connectors
And strip the wire back as the pin connectors are for the factory revised PS.
Once you strip the wire just loosen the screw above the brown wire and slide your brown wire in and tighten screw back down and repeat for the black wire.

#11765 48 days ago

I have a knocker on order. I also have the original power source in my game. @ Lilpro66 can you post a picture to clarify the install wiring ?

#11766 48 days ago

Thanks for the tip on installing the knocker. I have it installed now. Mine didn’t come with the screws or the fuse either. Luckily I had some because I bought almost every fuse available when my local radio shack went out of business a couple years ago

#11767 48 days ago

Here's a couple of pictures of my knocker install on the original power supply.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#11768 48 days ago

Just got a Hot Wheels this week. It is a great game and just flat out fun to play.
Highly recommend playing one or purchasing if you have the funds.

#11769 48 days ago

The screws and fuse you need to install the knocker kit were wrapped in shrink wrap in a small little ball.
It would be pretty easy to miss them and think they were just trash!

#11770 48 days ago

Just installed the coil capacitor kit and man what a difference. I had to turn down the flipper power as well as the catapult. Game plays much better now.

#11771 47 days ago

So I just got the game yesterday and I’m loving it
Problem though I updated the code and power cycled now all I get is “no signal” on the screen

image (resized).jpg
#11772 47 days ago

Is this the old style power supply?

346776DD-AB0A-4DB4-A9C4-32173777E317 (resized).jpeg
#11773 47 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Is this the old style power supply?
[quoted image]

Yes, it is the “old” power supply included in the early run of the game. Additionally, it does not appear to have the upgraded/ancillary power supply, which is typically mounted next to and integrated into the one pictured.

#11774 47 days ago

I’ve tried to update this thing several times
Still stuck on a blue screen with a no signal message
Weird any insight would be appreciated

#11775 47 days ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I’ve tried to update this thing several times
Still stuck on a blue screen with a no signal message
Weird any insight would be appreciated

You might try loading the prior software version just to see what happens, but I would reach out to Josh (aka:Rosh on Pinside) or reach out to API tomorrow. That is indeed weird.

#11776 47 days ago

So if I just order the upgraded power supply off the American pinball site. Then I should be good to install the flipper power upgrade kit as well?

#11777 46 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

So if I just order the upgraded power supply off the American pinball site. Then I should be good to install the flipper power upgrade kit as well?

Yes.
API used to give a $150 store credit if you purchased the power supply upgrade. If they still do that, do it now and take advantage of the sale prices and get some essential parts. I picked up a set of plastics, a pop bumper hardware set, and a spare spotlight (in case a weird shot takes one out).

Once you install the power supply upgrade, you can add the coil upgrade. You should also get a knocker if you don’t have one. Best knocker integration ever. Bullet mode is much better with it.

#11778 46 days ago
Quoted from zahner:

Yes.
API used to give a $150 store credit if you purchased the power supply upgrade. If they still do that, do it now and take advantage of the sale prices and get some essential parts. I picked up a set of plastics, a pop bumper hardware set, and a spare spotlight (in case a weird shot takes one out).
Once you install the power supply upgrade, you can add the coil upgrade. You should also get a knocker if you don’t have one. Best knocker integration ever. Bullet mode is much better with it.

Thanks very much I’m going to order the upgrades. I already love this game so if it makes it even better it will be worth it.

#11779 46 days ago

Is there a new Beta Code Out there ? Still in 20.09.18T

Works OK so far - but still some struggle with the Flipper Power ( new Power supply and coil improvement Kit installed). Also no consistent scoop and upkicker. Needs 2-3 Times Sometimes...

Hope a new Beta Code brings some Improvements

#11780 46 days ago

How is the shaker motor on the game? And is it worth doing the eos switch upgrade?

#11781 46 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

How is the shaker motor on the game? And is it worth doing the eos switch upgrade?

Shaker is quite nice. Cool when the elephant is stomping about during the Vanishing Elephant mode. Shakes with pop bumpers, etc. nice integration with the game.

I installed the EOS switches and can’t say I saw a difference. However, I have not had much in the way of an issue with the flippers to begin with.

#11782 46 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Shaker - and knocker integration is OUT-STANDING. EOS upgrade is not strictly necessary. It's not too expensive, but it's mostly a "makes you feel better" upgrade than anything that actually improves the game. Shaker, yes. Knocker, too. Just make sure it is not wired backwards!

#11783 46 days ago

Can I not install the knocker if I have the original power supply ?
Want to take advantage of the sale that surely ends today
I’ve order the knocker
Was about to get the shaker but was wondering if I need the power supply for the knocker

#11784 46 days ago

I solved my booting problem
Renamed the file then it updated playing again

#11785 46 days ago

I’ve order the knocker
Was about to get the shaker but was wondering if I need the power supply for the knocker

Pretty sure the power supply doesn't matter for either. I have the original and installed the shaker and (I think?) the knocker before I upgraded.

#11786 46 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Pretty sure the power supply doesn't matter for either. I have the original and installed the shaker and (I think?) the knocker before I upgraded.

Thank you

#11787 46 days ago

I’ve order the knocker

You can install both shaker and knocker on original power supply. Remember to activate them in software settings once installed.

#11788 44 days ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Raise the power on the left flipper 1 notch or until you can just make the ramp, without the ball falling into the hole, from a cradled position.
Once you find the shot on the left flipper, its amazing.

Hmm. Not sure how you are shooting that. My shots immediately out of the left flipper cradle head to the stage. If I let it roll out of the cradle before shooting, I am again basically aiming for that narrow spot on the flipper than lines up with the ramp. Also, cradling the ball after making the milkcan would be pretty tough, and, as you know, you need a milkcan/ramp combo to get the playfield multiplier.

#11789 44 days ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Hmm. Not sure how you are shooting that. My shots immediately out of the left flipper cradle head to the stage. If I let it roll out of the cradle before shooting, I am again basically aiming for that narrow spot on the flipper than lines up with the ramp. Also, cradling the ball after making the milkcan would be pretty tough, and, as you know, you need a milkcan/ramp combo to get the playfield multiplier.

Have you set your flippers to droop just a bit? That's important for the ramp shot to work as described.

#11790 44 days ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Maybe droop the fippers 1/8" each from the factory setting if you havent already.

#11791 44 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

I have shakers in all my games and I just can’t fig out how some feel so good like the one in Houdini where the shake just roles up your arms and others feel just like crap.I know they are just weights on a motor and the power is on or off but some like my Elvira even after adjusting the weights and even changing the shaker just don’t feel right

I believe Houdini has the best feeling shaker around even better than jjp!

#11792 44 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have shakers in all my games and I just can’t fig out how some feel so good like the one in Houdini where the shake just roles up your arms and others feel just like crap.I know they are just weights on a motor and the power is on or off but some like my Elvira even after adjusting the weights and even changing the shaker just don’t feel right,I even put deadening foam under some shakers to smooth them out,I love the feel of them if they are like Houdini and some I just turn off.
I believe Houdini has the best feeling shaker around even better than jjp!

#11793 42 days ago

I wonder if this is because of where they mount theirs in the mid cab instead of front left.
I don't have a shaker in my Houdini(yet)but on my Hot Wheels they mounted in the middle of the cab and feels reall good.

#11794 42 days ago

Just started my scratch build. I’d say I’m 1/100th of the way there...

342E7745-99D3-4AD5-A742-7116041F0FFC (resized).jpeg
#11795 42 days ago
Quoted from Lilpro66:

I wonder if this is because of where they mount theirs in the mid cab instead of front left.
I don't have a shaker in my Houdini(yet)but on my Hot Wheels they mounted in the middle of the cab and feels reall good.

Houdini shaker is mounted in the front left

#11796 42 days ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Just started my scratch build. I’d say I’m 1/100th of the way there...
[quoted image]

I have an extra screw if you need it

#11797 41 days ago

Wondering if anyone else has found this problem with Houdini...I finally scored 2.6 mill after a 25 min battle...Got 7 letters and as the game went to move onto the next mode then, blaaagh. It shit itself and rebooted. Any ideas?

#11798 41 days ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

rebooted. Any ideas?

Make sure wires are secure in the power supply screw terminals.

#11799 41 days ago
Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

Wondering if anyone else has found this problem with Houdini...I finally scored 2.6 mill after a 25 min battle...Got 7 letters and as the game went to move onto the next mode then, blaaagh. It shit itself and rebooted. Any ideas?

What code version?

#11800 41 days ago

Has anyone tried to move the post on the right outlane down to allow the ball to feed back to the shooter lane more frequently?
When I tried to move mine it will not fit as the hole is too small. Any suggestions?

image (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Madison, IN
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
There are 12104 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside