20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 297.
#951 6 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Weight of game 275

275 cookies, kilograms, vagina?

#952 6 years ago

This thing looks amazing, I think I might just give Stern the finger, sell my hockey card collection, and get this game too. Nothing like getting houdini and JJP POTC LE back to back in less than 2 days

#953 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Morning all, just a few quick thoughts before I head over to expo.
Magic glass is incredible, while I am no expert on the other products, they put a sheet on my machine one day and didn't tell me, I went to go do reach down to do something and smashed my hand into it, did not even realize it was there. One of the three games at the show has it so I am sure someone can give an unbiased assessment.
I'll post some of the photos from our expo presentation when at my laptop with decent internet., I think it may have been recorded, I'll find out.

I think it would be hugely in AP's favour if they hired a decent local digital media or production company to produce a JJP style demo reel for Houdini.

Needn't be as bombastic and obviously costly, just something to show it off professionally.

#954 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think it would be hugely in AP's favour if they hired a decent local digital media or production company to produce a JJP style demo reel for Houdini.
Needn't be as bombastic and obviously costly, just something to show it off professionally.

I definitely agree; I don't know where else they are marketing - maybe they are waiting until the game is shipping?

#955 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Trying to decide between a Houdini and a AC/DC Vault. Making it a family decision, and its tough without a video showing off all the features.

#956 6 years ago

All,

Any major changes to the playfield shown at Expo?

Any video recordings?

Tim

#957 6 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

All,
Any major changes to the playfield shown at Expo?
Any video recordings?
Tim

Check back one page, a list of changes was posted and Rosh said he thought it may have been recorded, may be posted later. I don't think they had intended this to be a major reveal

#958 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Check back one page, a list of changes was posted and Rosh said he thought it may have been recorded, may be posted later. I don't think they had intended this to be a major reveal

Well it's the biggest show of the year and they're intending to ship in November or December ... if not now then when?

#959 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Well it's the biggest show of the year and they're intending to ship in November or December ... if not now then when?

Opinions vary but Chicago Expo use to be the biggest show of the year. Significant, yes, but dwindling each year and now a shell of its former self.
I wonder which vendor or organisation will quit after this year.

#960 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Yep, I agree, I am not super clear on the plan there. I know I've got my preorder in but not sure where others will follow

#961 6 years ago

I was curious about attendence and turn out at expo this year. With every new update cant wait to get thos game. 3 more items to buy.
Invisoglass
Shaker
And side blades...with shipping this will hit 8k for me fast. Still, buying this over any stern!

#962 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Magic glass is incredible, while I am no expert on the other products, they put a sheet on my machine one day and didn't tell me, I went to go do reach down to do something and smashed my hand into it, did not even realize it was there. One of the three games at the show has it so I am sure someone can give an unbiased assessment.

Hi! Is the glass made here or Germany?

#963 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hi! Is the glass made here or Germany?

I'm curious about this too - odds are it's made here, which lowers import costs. Glass is cheap to make in (for example), china, but shipping is a killer. If glass was made here, shipped overseas to be coated, then shipped back (in huge quantities, obviously), it would avoid import tax. this is what door manufacturers do, which isn't that far off from the linear dimensions of PF glass

#964 6 years ago

will the game at expo be the final version?

#965 6 years ago

I can't believe that someone has posted solid pics or new gameplay video yet

#966 6 years ago

*Hasn't posted...don't want to inject confusion. REALLY WANT TO SEE NEW GAMEPLAY VIDEO

#967 6 years ago

Quick answers…

Yes, these are final versions, one of three games has the side blades and magic glass add-ons (we also planning for a shaker motor).pricng not yet set for those items.

Not sure where the glass is being made.

I'll take some photos and post when I can.

#968 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Quick answers…
Yes, these are final versions, one of three games has the side blades and magic glass add-ons (we also planning for a shaker motor).pricng not yet set for those items.

Videos?

#969 6 years ago

So there will be options available to purchase. I'm interested in non-reflective glass, but not a shaker motor. I am on the list for one of these games already. Really like the theme and art work on the machine. It reminds me of a Williams/Bally game and that is the type of game I have been waiting for since they closed their doors.

#970 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Quick answers…

Anyone that played these final versions at Expo care to comment on your impressions of the games?

Are these still set on two balls for the shows?

#971 6 years ago

While this may not be the most proper place to brag about this...

...isn't the expo coverage in genaral serverly lacking?

Pinballnews wrote what they could but other then a a walk trough the floor and 2 1/2 YT-Vids of POTC there's about nothing to find.

No Houdini, no Thunderbirds, nothing...

I want to watch the American Pinball Seminar (and most of the others as well).

Meh!

#972 6 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

While this may not be the most proper place to brag about this...
...isn't the expo coverage in genaral serverly lacking?
Pinballnews wrote what they could but other then a a walk trough the floor and 2 1/2 YT-Vids of POTC there's about nothing to find.
No Houdini, no Thunderbirds, nothing...
I want to watch the American Pinball Seminar (and most of the others as well).
Meh!

Unfortunately, in quite a few respects, pinball still seems to be stuck in the 90s.

#973 6 years ago
Quoted from pbwizard14:

So there will be options available to purchase. I'm interested in non-reflective glass, but not a shaker motor. I am on the list for one of these games already. Really like the theme and art work on the machine. It reminds me of a Williams/Bally game and that is the type of game I have been waiting for since they closed their doors.

I agree with all this but I do want the shaker! Can't wait to add this pin.

#974 6 years ago

Seriously I'm really, really looking forward to Houdini, hoping it will be a success for you guys!

This Expo may be all about JJP but (as stated elsewhere) they're not in the same league (wich goes two ways). That is a good thing for variety but I don't see the POTC pricetag anywhere feasible for 'real' location gaming. (Honestly I don't know of any non-pinball location having anything else then stern around here.)

Looking at Houdini I see a game wich isn't tied to one main toy (Tie Fighter on a Spring, Toy Box, Slimer on a fishing rod) that ensures the most competitive pricing possible, but on the other hand not going all overboard (and tehrefore expensive and hard to earn it's own revenue on location) as well.
Houdini has a stringent look, 'molded' decoration and more then one toy and is STILL competitively priced. The gap between a Stern Pro and Houdini is not that wide and since the gap of Sterns Pro to Premium in terms of extra features vs. money seems to get wider as well, Houdini seems a very good deal all around.
(That doesn't mean there aren't things I'd like better another way, like Sterns backbox layout. Not only the strange shape but Houdini -the character- is lacking a "Face" on the Backglass,... wich is hardly doable given the position & size of the display. People like to see "people"... about every movie poster has them.)

Long things short:
I hope you get a foot on the ground not only by home-buyers but on location as well and am thankful for some 'middleground' between the other two (where my wallet still can compete).

#975 6 years ago

Hear hear!!

#976 6 years ago

Shaker , blades and magic glass can be purchased individually.

#977 6 years ago

I assume our distributors will give us options at the time of payment to add shaker, blades, and magic glass so that we get 100% machine without having to add anything.

Will there be protectors on the holes as we discussed at the Allentown Show? It will be great to get a pinball and not need to take it apart to add hole protectors.

#978 6 years ago

Here are some photos, as promised

Houdini-Playing-Field-top-down-small (resized).pngHoudini-Playing-Field-top-down-small (resized).png

side_angle_small (resized).pngside_angle_small (resized).png

marquee_small (resized).pngmarquee_small (resized).png

trunk_small (resized).pngtrunk_small (resized).png

stage_front_view (resized).pngstage_front_view (resized).png

spirt (resized).pngspirt (resized).png

#979 6 years ago

God stop the teasing and post a video

#980 6 years ago

this game feels and looks like TOM 2.0.

#981 6 years ago

The playfield looks more open and cleaner with the wireforms over having the clear plastic ramps all over the place.

#982 6 years ago

Love the redesigned stage screen and the colors on the lower half of the playfield really pop now. Was the playfield art changed at all or does it just look better because of the improve lighting? Game looks better and better each time we see it!!

-Doug

#983 6 years ago

Thanks for the updated pictures, very excited about this title...have one on order. Nice final touches since the prototype. Even subtle details like the poster by the magic trunk...

http://www.allposters.com/-sp/Houdini-The-World-s-Handcuff-King-and-Prison-Breaker-Posters_i2915256_.htm

#984 6 years ago
Quoted from halflip87:

Was the playfield art changed at all or does it just look better because of the improve lighting?

Lower portion of playfield was lightened up, and more little details were added. We also added the spotlights

#985 6 years ago

rosh, It seems that having some Houdini posters on the side art would be a nice touch.

#986 6 years ago

I played this game at PAGG in May 2017. I really like, no loved it!

I'm so glad they toned down the shiny chains. They were out of place IMHO. If I could offer / suggest something else... I think the chrome habbitrails would look amazing, in a slightly darker metal look, like you would see on an old chain or one of his pad locks.

If that doesn't make the cut... I could easily see many of us making that mod.

I also enjoy your open communication, and sure a unique game / design.

Thanks
Kerry

#987 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Lower portion of playfield was lightened up, and more little details were added. We also added the spotlights

You all should be very proud!

What an accomplishment in 1 year!

Only new game on my Radar!

Will you be showing in IAPPA or Freeplay?

#988 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

If I could offer / suggest something else... I think the chrome habbitrails would look amazing, in a slightly darker metal look, like you would see on an old chain or one of his pad locks.

If that doesn't make the cut... I could easily see many of us making that mod.

BTW: "If" that was/is an option to have them done... I would be willing to pay an up charge. I think many others could be interested as well.

Thoughts?

#989 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

With the purple post sleeves already on it, I think clear rubbers would look better than black. Other than that, wow, what a good-looking game. And that trunk shot is always awesome to watch when it happens.

#990 6 years ago

It looks amazing! Could American Pinball be the new Williams?

#991 6 years ago

Had a blast playing it at Expo tonight. Very impressed.

#992 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Frickin thing is georgous!

#993 6 years ago

rosh Did the inner right loop shot get widened? I heard there was talk that possibly it would be at PAGG...I hope it wasn't.

#994 6 years ago

From pictures etc, Houdini is the best bang for buck.

#995 6 years ago

Can someone describe the flow or the feel?
I had a friend tell me it's "different" which tells me absolutely nothing.

I'm seriously considering this one, but I hate that I haven't got to play it yet.

Also, do you have to sign a non disclosure to play it or something? Where are all the freakin videos?!

#996 6 years ago

ROSH- Is it a "Micro playfield "?

#997 6 years ago

The changes look nice. Wireform on left side is much better. I'm curious as to if the animations on the LCD are better. I think the LCD animations are better than Stern but not in the same league as JJP. Hopefully we'll see a video soon.

I think POTC looks amazing. It is very tempting. Is is worth $1,500 more? Absolutely! At the same time, it's not like I have an extra $1,500 just lying around. So Houdini is a great option at $7000. So many great pins coming out - hard to decide.

#998 6 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Can someone describe the flow or the feel?
I had a friend tell me it's "different" which tells me absolutely nothing.
I'm seriously considering this one, but I hate that I haven't got to play it yet.
Also, do you have to sign a non disclosure to play it or something? Where are all the freakin videos?!

I feels hard.

It's more WoZ than Dialed In, and that's not a bad thing.

#999 6 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

REALLY WANT TO SEE NEW GAMEPLAY VIDEO

will there be a gameplay stream featuring Zach Sharpe and Keith Elwin?

#1000 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

ROSH- Is it a "Micro playfield "?

Mirco Playfield
Churchill Cabinet

Here are some photos that show the interior art, which as mentioned is one of a few add-ons. It reflects the inside of a theater and features art elements used elsewhere in the game (playfield, backglass, animations), as well as other period pieces and some, well, other interesting things. I don't think the photos do full justice to how it looks as a whole.

IMG_2763 (resized).JPGIMG_2763 (resized).JPG

IMG_2762 (resized).JPGIMG_2762 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.