20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 297.
#9251 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballer3:

Has anyone experienced a 'dead' Houdini? Was going to do a code update as previous games were looping. I left the machine for a couple of days then went to turn it on and it was 'dead', no power at all. All I've got at the moment is a very nice looking and large paper weight !!!

Are the main fuses intact?
Power cord tightly inserted?

#9252 4 years ago

If you need assistance, try contacting Barry at API Customer Support: call or text (224) 422-3191‬.

#9253 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballer3:

'dead', no power at all.

I'd start by plugging something into the service outlet. See if you have power that far. If not then check wall outlet, power cord into game, main fuse type stuff.

LTG : )

#9254 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

And the breaker in the electrical panel too...

#9255 4 years ago

Quoted from LTG:

I'd start by plugging something into the service outlet. See if you have power that far. If not then check wall outlet, power cord into game, main fuse type stuff.

Quoted from mbwalker:

And the breaker in the electrical panel too...

And you have to pay the edison bill.
And feed the hamster on the wheel.

#9256 4 years ago

......not mains or outlet or breaker related, checked all of that straight away.

#9257 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballer3:

checked all of that straight away.

Power at the service outlet in the game if you plug something else into it ?

#9258 4 years ago

Service outlet ??? There isn't one.

#9259 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballer3:

Of course there is. Inside the coin door, extreme right side on the power relay box (where the switch under the game is housed). My topper is plugged in to mine.

#9260 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballer3:

Left out of export games ? AP games I recall at shows in the USA have one.

#9261 4 years ago

Yep - it's not on an 'export' game. I'm investigation the power relay box, I'll take it apart an see what's going on.

#9262 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballer3:

Yep - it's not on an 'export' game. I'm investigation the power relay box, I'll take it apart an see what's going on.

Post a photo, something is off here

#9263 4 years ago

More glitches - Oh my! I reloaded the latest and it was playing fine the last couple of weeks, and then tonight, say a dozen games after reload, I failed to jail escape, and lights go red and ball ends in the middle of play. Then I rebound, have a great game, finish the stage acts, get the Houdini chant and hit that. I go on to get trunk multi-ball during a movie, hit seance, and then the game crashes. Is this overwhelming of the game what Josh is working on? Hope so.

CFE70C2C-D94A-47D4-B0D3-12A073237BE4 (resized).jpegCFE70C2C-D94A-47D4-B0D3-12A073237BE4 (resized).jpeg
#9264 4 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

More glitches - Oh my! I reloaded the latest and it was playing fine the last couple of weeks, and then tonight, say a dozen games after reload, I failed to jail escape, and lights go red and ball ends in the middle of play. Then I rebound, have a great game, finish the stage acts, get the Houdini chant and hit that. I go on to get trunk multi-ball during a movie, hit seance, and then the game crashes. Is this overwhelming of the game what Josh is working on? Hope so.[quoted image]

Send me the log

#9265 4 years ago

Hello,
I received the new power supply and I connected it.
I hear a little wind noise (as on the sterns) is normal?
Another point, my catapult, in test, works perfectly.
By cons, in game mode, the success rate goes to 75%, even with the new power supply, is this normal?
Thank you
seb

#9266 4 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
I received the new power supply and I connected it.
I hear a little wind noise (as on the sterns) is normal?
Another point, my catapult, in test, works perfectly.
By cons, in game mode, the success rate goes to 75%, even with the new power supply, is this normal?
Thank you
seb

Make slight adjustments until perfect.

See my posts on this.

#9267 4 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

...I hear a little wind noise (as on the sterns) is normal?

Yes, it's just the power supply fan.

#9268 4 years ago

Make slight adjustments until perfect.
See my posts on this.

I read your post. So, your catapult works perfectly in game?
I moved like you the targets C, E, A. This makes shooting easier.

#9269 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Yes, it's just the power supply fan.

thank you,

#9270 4 years ago

I’m trading my HUO Monster Bash for a Houdini + cash next weekend. Super pumped about picking one of these beauties up, can someone tell me if the March 2018 production date is later in the run and are there any know issues I should address? The seller already did the American Pinball power supply upgrade.

Thanks

56545CEF-ED31-4DB6-9268-DAEEE761264E (resized).jpeg56545CEF-ED31-4DB6-9268-DAEEE761264E (resized).jpeg
#9271 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I’m trading my HUO Monster Bash for a Houdini + cash next weekend. Super pumped about picking one of these beauties up, can someone tell me if the March 2018 production date is later in the run and are there any know issues I should address? The seller already did the American Pinball power supply upgrade.
Thanks[quoted image]

A bit earlier in the run, from what I know.

Definitely better informed folks here, but for the most part, you should be aces!

#9272 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Thanks[quoted image]

That is game #89.....I have game #90.
You will be fine. If it doesnt have the knocker buy one.

#9273 4 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

I read your post. So, your catapult works perfectly in game?
I moved like you the targets C, E, A. This makes shooting easier.

The arm must be perfectly aligned in the slot.

Ball should hit the center of the trunk, or slightly to the right.

If power is low, or many things are running in the game, its normal for the ball to bounce of the front edge of the trunk.

But it should always go in the trunk.

I have it working 99.5%

#9274 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

That is game #89.....I have game #90.
You will be fine. If it doesnt have the knocker buy one.

Thank you very much for that info! Do you know how many Houdini games were produced in total? Can't wait to get my hands on this beauty!

#9275 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Thank you very much for that info! Do you know how many Houdini games were produced in total? Can't wait to get my hands on this beauty!

Best guess is somewhere around 600 but they could still make more, especially when they get moved to the new larger manufacturing plant. No guarantee they will but they could.

#9276 4 years ago

Le bras doit être parfaitement aligné dans la fente.
La balle doit toucher le centre du tronc ou légèrement vers la droite.
Si la puissance est faible ou si de nombreux objets tournent dans le jeu, il est normal que la balle rebondisse sur le bord avant du tronc.
Mais il faut toujours aller dans le coffre.
Je le fais travailler 99,5%

275/5000
New power supply installed, EOS installed.
Catapult slightly moved.
Targets A, C, E : slightly moved.
Everything is working fine now.
My game is not set to 6 degrees but more between 6.3 and 6.5
Catapult works very well.
The drummers seem stronger.

#9277 4 years ago

hello josh,
is it possible to predict in the next code:
-a progressive difficulty to trigger Seance Multille and Trunk Multiball ? (for example, for a second time trunk multibill, pull 2 times the lock to turn on the lock 1 .....)
-in the menu, the possibility to do the 10 modes to light a letter houdini (for the moment the maximum is 5)
Thank you
I played a part, and the lighting of the board diminished progressively, who can tell me what mission I played?
Thank you
seb

#9278 4 years ago

I've attached images of the 'power box' for the 'export' machines and the connections inside, which have no burns and all seem intact.

IMG_1587 (resized).JPGIMG_1587 (resized).JPGIMG_1590 (resized).JPGIMG_1590 (resized).JPG
#9279 4 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

hello josh,
is it possible to predict in the next code:
-a progressive difficulty to trigger Seance Multille and Trunk Multiball ? (for example, for a second time trunk multibill, pull 2 times the lock to turn on the lock 1 .....)
-in the menu, the possibility to do the 10 modes to light a letter houdini (for the moment the maximum is 5)
Thank you
I played a part, and the lighting of the board diminished progressively, who can tell me what mission I played?
Thank you
seb

Also if possible, leave the houdini inserts off as long as the letters have not been won.

#9280 4 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Also if possible, leave the houdini inserts off as long as the letters have not been won.

Ditto^^.

#9281 4 years ago

On the next update I think the lightshow needs more work. It has the theme and modes just needs the code tidied up..

#9282 4 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

On the next update I think the lightshow needs more work. It has the theme and modes just needs the code tidied up..

Tough crowd here, we can only hope for improvements but they have other games in development.

I haven't any issues with Houdini.

It is nice though, that we can talk to the designer and he is present.

#9283 4 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Tough crowd here, we can only hope for improvements but they have other games in development.
I haven't any issues with Houdini.
It is nice though, that we can talk to the designer and he is present.

It is very nice indeed. Looking forward to the update. Josh always seems to take good care of us.

#9284 4 years ago

People are not rough with the houdini pinball machine.
It's a very good pinball machine.
But if by some options, it can be excellent, it's even better.
What is the purpose of the flipper hold boost option?

Quoted from sebseb12:

salut josh,
est-il possible de prédire dans le prochain code:
-une difficulté progressive à déclencher Seance Multille et Trunk Multiball? (par exemple, pour une deuxième fois, multi-facture , tirez 2 fois le verrou pour activer le verrou 1 .....)
-dans le menu, possibilité de faire les 10 modes pour allumer une lettre houdini (pour le moment le maximum est 5)
Merci
j'ai joué un rôle, et l'éclairage du tableau a diminué progressivement, qui peut me dire quelle mission j'ai jouée?
Merci
seb

For more readability, is it possible that the inserts of missions are off and only light when a mission is played?

#9285 4 years ago

Hello, what is the "flipper hold boost" option in the menu?
I have the mod mini wizard after doing the 5 movies, is it a mission without a stopwatch?

#9286 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Thanks[quoted image]

Bought my NIB Houdini #1077 March 14, 2018. Haven't had any real operating issues or breakdowns ...other than the power issues many have referred to on here if too many pins are on on one circuit, the catapult ball launch may fall short and the flippers feel a tad weaker. I have the optional P/S but haven't put it in yet.

#9287 4 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Bought my NIB Houdini #1077 March 14, 2018. Haven't had any real operating issues or breakdowns ...other than the power issues many have referred to on here if too many pins are on on one circuit, the catapult ball launch may fall short and the flippers feel a tad weaker. I have the optional P/S but haven't put it in yet.

Put it in.
It's pretty easy.
Fixes many things.

#9288 4 years ago

Hello, I installed the new power supply.
Everything works well but I find that the black cables connected to the wall nuts are not very strong.
Is it possible to do without the wall and solder all black cables together?

#9289 4 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Everything works well but I find that the black cables connected to the wall nuts are not very strong.

That's what I did. The wall nuts were crap.

BTW, if you are going to add the knocker, do it before soldering the wires together as this is where it gets it's power from.

#9290 4 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

C'est ce que j'ai fait. Les noix du mur étaient de la merde.
BTW, si vous allez ajouter le heurtoir, faites-le avant de souder les fils ensemble car c'est là que ça tire son énergie.

you also soldered the brown cables between them?

#9291 4 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

See post from last week where I provide a solution to the crappy wall nut issue. The key is a terminal block with at least 5 channels. You only need 2 but I got 5 for $12 on Amazon. Much safer and clean solution and WAY, WAY easier to attach the wires. No solder required.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/185#post-5084657

terminal block (resized).jpgterminal block (resized).jpg
#9292 4 years ago

thank you

#9293 4 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

See post from last week where I provide a solution to the crappy wall nut issue. The key is a terminal block with at least 5 channels. You only need 2 but I got 5 for $12 on Amazon. Much safer and clean solution and WAY, WAY easier to attach the wires. No solder required.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/185#post-5084657[quoted image]

I think your better off with molex connectors.

Terminal blocks are slightly dangerous, but its low voltage...

#9294 4 years ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

you also soldered the brown cables between them?

I can't recall offhand and I don't have any pics handy but essentially I eliminated the wall nuts and soldered any of the wires together that would have been connected at the wall nuts. I shrink wrapped each group of wires after soldering them.

:-)I didn't realize I was so fluent in French! (I didn't know that Pinside would translate posts)

#9295 4 years ago

Geordi enjoys following the ball, but the new knocker makes him jump.

20190725_171118 (resized).jpg20190725_171118 (resized).jpg15640892964282531389769705489615 (resized).jpg15640892964282531389769705489615 (resized).jpg
#9296 4 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Geordi enjoys following the ball, but the new knocker makes him jump.

Very cool. We have a Blue & Gold and Scarlet Macaws. The Scarlet loves to hang out on his T stand and watch us play. The Blue & Gold however is not a fan.

#9297 4 years ago

How are people adjusting the catapult? Mine is missing more often then not!

#9298 4 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Very cool. We have a Blue & Gold and Scarlet Macaws. The Scarlet loves to hang out on his T stand and watch us play. The Blue & Gold however is not a fan.

Those are beauties. I was always a Scarlet fan.

#9299 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

How are people adjusting the catapult? Mine is missing more often then

The main thing that has worked for most people is to add the optional power supply and to widen the screw holes in the bracket that attaches catapult coil to the bottom of the playfield.The wider holes give you room to shift the mechanism slightly left or right to get it centered properly on the middle of the trunk. The holes in the metal bracket can be widened carefully with a dremel tool. There are posts that show this in this thread. Search the thread for the word dremel. I readjusted mine yesterday, coincidentally. First time since last summer, because the shot started missing to the right. It is now ok. Fingers Xed.

#9300 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

How are people adjusting the catapult? Mine is missing more often then not!

Mine was rock solid when I got it. After about 30 plays it was missing short and found out it was related to my AC running all the time lowering my house voltage a bit. I bumped it up from a 26 to a 27 on coil strength and it would miss left. Pretty sad I have to make sure my AC is not running for it to play right but there is no setting between 26 and 27 to find a happy medium.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/186?hl=konjurer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.