20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 297.
#8651 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Just checked with Barry, your emails were in his junk folder. You should hear from him shortly.

Make sure you are in contact with your distributor, I believe a solution will be available shortly if not already.

Rosh on customer service, emails, shipping, programming. He also sweeps the shop up at lights out.
Will you soon be offering in home consultations?
When is the Australia tour and in home repairs coming, in July?
I know, I know I kid, its when Dhavel pays for the ticket.

#8652 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Those who watched our absolutely riveting seminar at TPF know the answer to this question. Also, if you really know your Houdini Trivia, you can probably guess at when it will be.

C'mon April 6th!

#8653 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

C'mon April 6th!

4 days.....
Still working on math riddle of 3/24 vs 4/6 1874.
Other than 13 days difference?

#8654 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Think of the man. The game.

It will come to you.

LTG : )

#8655 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

4 days.....
Other than 13 days difference?

Your math puddle makes no sense....?

#8656 5 years ago

Thanks , got an email from Barry , replied, hoping it did not go into junk folder again .

#8657 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Your math puddle makes no sense....?

His real Birthday vs his declared Birthday.
See, it makes no sense.

#8658 5 years ago
Quoted from Crazydaisy:

Just wondered if Barry was away or uncontactable at the moment , have emailed twice over the last week about a current service ticket and have not received a reply ?
Thanks.

Have been sick.. No need to worry... I am still alive.

#8659 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Have been sick.. No need to worry... I am still alive.

Sure hope you are feeling better !

LTG : )

#8660 5 years ago

New code today?

#8661 5 years ago

Happy be-lated Birthdate Houdini Bump!

Quoted from finnflash:

New code today?

#8662 5 years ago

No update. I would be surprised if API released an update on a Saturday anyway.

#8663 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

No update. I would be surprised if API released an update on a Saturday anyway.

That was kind of their hint though. His alleged and actual birthday, beta and release. From what I recall.

#8664 5 years ago

Houdini code update today:

V19.4.6

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

Happy Birthday Harry!
Thanks, Josh

#8665 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

V19.4.6
Happy Birthday Harry!
Thanks, Josh

Woohoo!!!

#8666 5 years ago

V19.4.6
Happy Birthday Harry!
Thanks, Josh

I grabbed it but cant install it til later.

Im at work printing out Doctor Who pinball manuals (stealing office supplies, I wish they would get a color laser printer lol).

#8667 5 years ago

I got my second highest game on the new code! 19 minutes long

#8668 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

I got my second highest game on the new code! 19 minutes long

Hey, friend, that's encouraging! Can't wait to try it. Am away for a few days, so cant download it. Conincidentally, am at this barcade in louisville that used to have a houdini. They have all JJ and Stern limited editions.

20190406_171702 (resized).jpg20190406_171702 (resized).jpg
#8669 5 years ago

I grabbed it but cant install it til later.
Im at work printing out Doctor Who pinball manuals (stealing office supplies, I wish they would get a color laser printer lol).

I 'll take one while you are printing them, color front page?

#8670 5 years ago

Swapped out my cool white LEDs for Comet Sunlight today... looks amazing. I also changed the spots to warm white. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the last remaining cool white LED strip on the backboard. Downloading new code now.

#8671 5 years ago

Just installed new code and now the volume drops at the end of every game. I put it back up, and it drops again.

#8672 5 years ago

You're luckier than me. My game won't boot after the code update.

#8673 5 years ago

Not really sure what happened there... just cycling at the post screen. Reinstalled and seems fine now.

#8674 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Just installed new code and now the volume drops at the end of every game. I put it back up, and it drops again.

Mine did the same thing. Go into your sound settings and set your default volume. It fixed my game.

#8675 5 years ago

I had the seance end with one ball still in the subway. Return from beyond started and the other ball popped out and I got to play two ball RFB

#8676 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Not really sure what happened there... just cycling at the post screen. Reinstalled and seems fine now.

Sometimes just a bad load.
Power cycling the game off and on and reinstalling should fix it up rapudly.

#8677 5 years ago

Unfortunately... the bug that irked me the most is still present. Ball is "lost" when last multiball goes into magic shop. For some reason this happens to me all the time.

#8678 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Unfortunately... the bug that irked me the most is still present. Ball is "lost" when last multiball goes into magic shop. For some reason this happens to me all the time.

I thought that was supposed to be fixed in this release it's as annoying as hell!

#8679 5 years ago

Hopefully will be fixed one day! Houdini is still fresh here, we love it. Installed the eye light blockers today too, it's a nice improvement.

#8680 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Hopefully will be fixed one day! Houdini is still fresh here, we love it. Installed the eye light blockers today too, it's a nice improvement.

When is the last time you checked your optos in ball lock subway? 6 elements there, 3 each side covered in sticky foil. Make sure they are all seated fully. Even lifting playfield once can jog them loose.

#8681 5 years ago

Installed the new update tonight. A match at end of game caused the volume to go way up for a few seconds and then came back down.

#8682 5 years ago

New code: Uh oh...Wifey started Needles and game rebooted. Need to figure out how to download logs if available.

#8683 5 years ago

Weird audio volume reduction at end of game.

Extra ball lit and seance lit.
Seance activated but extra ball wasn't awarded.

Extra ball awarded the second time into the scoop during seance.

Very slow anemic shot to inner loop upper lock caused game to go into ball search .

#8684 5 years ago

New code loaded ok.
Played 2 player game. I was player two.
Got Straight Jacket mode.
Picked reversed w/ inverted flippers.
Pin rebooted about 12 seconds into that mode..

#8685 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Hey, friend, that's encouraging! Can't wait to try it. Am away for a few days, so cant download it. Conincidentally, am at this barcade in louisville that used to have a houdini. They have all JJ and Stern limited editions.
[quoted image]

With that backglass and the batcopter on the left side of the playfield that's not an LE. It's actually a $15000 SLE! Only 30 made. And it's on location? Crazy! Totally awesome, but crazy

#8686 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Pin rebooted about 12 seconds into that mode..

Quoted from mbwalker:

New code: Uh oh...Wifey started Needles and game rebooted. Need to figure out how to download logs if available.

Send me the logs please

I am looking at the volume change not saving issue

Code taken down until I can investigate

#8687 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Swapped out my cool white LEDs for Comet Sunlight today... looks amazing. I also changed the spots to warm white. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the last remaining cool white LED strip on the backboard. Downloading new code now.

Can you post a picture? Would love to see the results!
Thanks in advance.

#8688 5 years ago

started multiball 600,000 in after seance multiball and the game rebooted oh no..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8689 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Can you post a picture? Would love to see the results!
Thanks in advance.

As always... difficult for a camera to capture. You can sort of get a sense of the difference of the cool white backboard strip vs the front of the playfield. I'm going to mess around and see if I can make a color diffuser on the strip for toning that down. Also slowly replacing rubber with Titan rings.
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#8690 5 years ago

Josh.
In the changelog it says "support for water torture mod". What does this mean?
Thanks

#8691 5 years ago

Josh.
Thanks

Game Interactivity with the mod, it is controllable

#8692 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Game Interactivity with the mod, it is controllable

I have the mod couple one. It just grabs power from a gi bulb. Is there a different one that is controllable that I'm not seeing?
Thanks

#8693 5 years ago

I have the mod couple one. It just grabs power from a gi bulb. Is there a different one that is controllable that I'm not seeing?
Thanks

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p137/Houdini-Pinball-Mod-Full-Combo-Kit.html

I was set to order the ModCouple one but Yelobird posted a whole bunch of nasty comments about the game totally out of nowhere, right when I was going to order and it just turned me way off. Maybe he was having a bad couple days, he seems like a nice enough guy - but anyways that’s why I ordered the other one

#8694 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

You can sort of get a sense of the difference of the cool white backboard strip vs the front of the playfield.

Try using the new option to lower the brightness of the backpanel, during that pretty far down, at least in the short term, will likely help.

If you have the water torture mode from HookedOnPinball, there will be instructions on how to wire in a way in which the game will be smart about it. It does not do a lot, but when selecting a stage mode during player choice, it will flash the tank, when in that mode. If the stage is open and that will be the mode it will also be flashing. During the mode it will flash the tank and if the 'water torture GI' setting in features is changed, it will turn off the back panel when to further highlight the tank. At other times it will just turn on and off with the GI. I had one idea on a use for it, but not yet implemented.

Quoted from gmanrulz46:

started multiball 600,000 in after seance multiball and the game rebooted oh no

Investigating now, with the one set of logs I have gotten and I believe I know what the issue is. Getting ready to test to confirm. But would still like to see logs from anyone who has had a crash. [email protected] so I can confirm it is the same issue.

#8695 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p137/Houdini-Pinball-Mod-Full-Combo-Kit.html
I was set to order the ModCouple one but Yelobird posted a whole bunch of nasty comments about the game totally out of nowhere, right when I was going to order and it just turned me way off. Maybe he was having a bad couple days, he seems like a nice enough guy - but anyways that’s why I ordered the other one

OK in fairness I said my Family did not find the game fun and sold it. I have never been Nasty to Any company making pinball for everyone. I Do have the right to not love every game I buy no? I also don't tell anyone what They should like or buy. If the animations for October improve I am on the list to get that game also. I will reframe from saying if we like it to not offend anyone....

#8696 5 years ago

Version 19.4.7 is now available on the website . . . .

Fixed – Volume Changes via coin door not saving correctly
Fixed – Audio Knocker causing reboot
Fixed – Magic Shop + Multiball end of ball bug

#8697 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Version 19.4.7 is now available on the website . . . .
Fixed – Volume Changes via coin door not saving correctly
Fixed – Audio Knocker causing reboot
Fixed – Magic Shop + Multiball end of ball bug

Thanks Josh!
Downloading now.

#8698 5 years ago

I'm getting ball search after catapult into trunk when I have lock and movie lit. It's like nine out of ten times it'll give me the lock then hang in the trunk 'til ball search. Then it'll shoot me out the upper catapult with the movie still lit. Sometimes double flipping will shoot it out of the upper catapult. If lock is not lit it goes straight into the movie. Is there something that needs wiggling? Where is the movie shot qualified at? No idea if it's code related but I'm still on that release from Saturday didn't know there was another update 'til right now.

#8699 5 years ago
Quoted from kdecgp:

I'm getting ball search after catapult into trunk when I have lock and movie lit. It's like nine out of ten times it'll give me the lock then hang in the trunk 'til ball search. Then it'll shoot me out the upper catapult with the movie still lit. Sometimes double flipping will shoot it out of the upper catapult. If lock is not lit it goes straight into the movie. Is there something that needs wiggling? Where is the movie shot qualified at? No idea if it's code related but I'm still on that release from Saturday didn't know there was another update 'til right now.

sounds like a bad or flaky switch in the upper catapult. Go into switch test, drop a ball through the trunk to the upper catapult and see if it registers, try it a few times, might need to adjust the switch.

#8700 5 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

started multiball 600,000 in after seance multiball and the game rebooted oh no..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all these weird problems with this version, I will be waiting to put this update out on location. Was going to do it yesterday, glad I waited...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/174?hl=kdecgp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.