Topic Stats

• 9,601 posts
  • 551 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Our_Man_in_Oz
  • Topic is favorited by 146 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,300 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191003_155006 (resized).jpg
589BC2EF-C561-42E0-92EF-8B67A39956E5 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
3C660ABA-6E8C-43B6-85D5-6B33118E38BF (resized).jpeg
62EFECC8-BA9D-4D79-A02A-68A53AD5CD9A (resized).jpeg
7A6116FD-9304-4713-AD7B-F0E6195CF6F4 (resized).jpeg
39DBC57E-15D6-4F96-B05E-9D3421D61A38 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190820_202241 (resized).jpg
20190820_202141 (resized).jpg
20190820_202203 (resized).jpg
20190820_215958 (resized).jpg
DA11DAC5-DB21-422A-927B-25CB029731CE (resized).jpeg
A180D515-A4B6-4430-A10E-2AA29E5C2A90 (resized).jpeg
4A525FA5-9F12-47C3-A3B7-97D4D986C6D1 (resized).jpeg
Houdini Haldane (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

33 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 9601 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 193.
#8551 6 months ago
Quoted from gentrsa:

Thank you for the instructions will work on this tonight. It started when the machine was packed and moved and upon setup again it happened. Again, thanks for the instructions! Love the game

hmm, not sure how moving it would causes this, lets see if the bios change fixes it, if not, we will figure it out

#8552 6 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

hmm, not sure how moving it would causes this, lets see if the bios change fixes it, if not, we will figure it out

Battery dying / dead?

#8553 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Battery dying / dead?

possible, but not seeing the tied to it being moved

#8554 6 months ago

I attempted to put some Comet 2-smd frosted LEDs in the coin door last weekend and they melted from overheating in a few minutes. Anyone else had issues replacing any lights?

#8555 6 months ago
Quoted from MMP:

I attempted to put some Comet 2-smd frosted LEDs in the coin door last weekend and they melted from overheating in a few minutes. Anyone else had issues replacing any lights?

You probably put the wrong bulbs in .... the coin door takes 161 not 555

#8557 6 months ago

#8558 6 months ago

News flash..
The key-lane is a dirty little bitch!
That is all...

sdtm, SDTM!.. GRRRRRRRRR

#8559 6 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

News flash..
That is all...
sdtm, SDTM!.. GRRRRRRRRR

Bend the tab on the lower end of the left flatrail of the keylane out a little, like 1/16" or more.

Use a small crescent wrench, work slowly

#8560 6 months ago
Quoted from MMP:

I did the same thing, say 9 months ago. Freaked me out how fast the bulbs smoked.

Quoted from meSz:

You probably put the wrong bulbs in .... the coin door takes 161 not 555

This should be a a key post;
161 bulbs, also should be in manual.
Would love to see a full published manual when time is right. Yes, i lnow its online.

#8561 6 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Bend the tab on the lower end of the left flatrail of the keylane out a little, like 1/16" or more.
Use a small crescent wrench, work slowly

Push the left rail out to the left making the lane wider or to the right making it narrower?

#8562 6 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Would love to see a full published manual when time is right. Yes, i lnow its online.

Unless I missed it the bulbs are not listed in the Service Manual online.

#8563 6 months ago

Push the left rail out to the left making the lane wider or to the right making it narrower?

Don't push the whole rail either way, bend the little tab at the bottom of the rail in towards the lane a little bit, this will help deflect slow rollers over to the right flipper and not SDTM. As pinballinreno said, work slowly and test with a ball by hand until you get it just right. Done properly this doesn't really impact the ability to hit the shot but does help eliminate SDTMs.

#8564 6 months ago

Bend the lower end of it a little to deflect the ball towards the right flipper.

Yes make the lane slightly narrower at that point

#8565 6 months ago

Thank you guys. I'll give that a try

#8566 6 months ago

This should be a a key post;

Coin door lamps are 12volt. I'll let the manual folks know to add it.

I don't see us doing a printed manual, I know of at least one person who had it printed at FedexOffice, spiral bound for a reasonable price (for black and white, color is a lot, lot more).

#8567 6 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

I don't see us doing a printed manual, I know of at least one person who had it printed at FedexOffice, spiral bound for a reasonable price (for black and white, color is a lot, lot more).

That was me! Lol

I printed it at work for free (too cheap to do it at home...)

fedex office spiral bound it and threw in a nice plastic cover that was black on the back and clear on the front.

I think it was like $8...

I'm very happy with it lol.

#8568 6 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

So much for me getting the Leather bound Embossed Emblem manual.
It was my idea to make these a year ago...
After research and pricing at min would cost me 250+ a shot to make, no profit item.
And dont Pm me please. NOT MAKING THEM.

#8569 6 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Rosh, may want them to add all bulb numbers for people. I guessed when I ordered colored LEDs for the two spotlights. I ordered 906 Wedge Base Flasher Lamps. But again this is not noted in the manual.

#8570 6 months ago

After research and pricing at min would cost me 250+ a shot to make, no profit item.

If you went faux leather you could do it for a fraction of that.

#8573 6 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

That looks like the grinch face smushed flat in brown.

A little necromancing seems appropriate when I think about how many times I brought a pinball machine back from the dead lol.

#8575 6 months ago

I'll swallow your soul!

"Pinball" will swallow your soul! (And your checkbook, free time etc...) lol

#8576 6 months ago

I would love a full lamp list. At some point I'd like to do a bit of tweaking and it'd be nice to not melt any more bulbs.

#8577 6 months ago
Quoted from MMP:

I would love a full lamp list. At some point I'd like to do a bit of tweaking and it'd be nice to not melt any more bulbs.

The only socketed lamps in the game are the spots, the GI and the coin door. The GI is 5V, the spots 12V and the coin door 12V. All of the inserts are surface mount RGB LEDs.

The code being tested now (and for those waiting to hear from me, I am adding folks every day or so, but working on a bug that was already found), does have support for dimming the back panel and the trunk and stage spots lights (right now when they are flashing they will be full brightness).

#8578 6 months ago

News flash..
That is all...
sdtm, SDTM!.. GRRRRRRRRR

All Fear the Key Lane!

#8579 6 months ago

Printed manuals for JJ POTC were priced at $100 at TPF. No binding at all.

#8580 6 months ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Printed manuals for JJ POTC were priced at $100 at TPF. No binding at all.

They were spiral bound.

They are supposed to be that way.
The pages flip from bottom to top. Not the right side.

I made my own WOZ and HOBBIT manuals the same as I did for houdini.

However they are not full color and the heavy wide paper cost me $28 for a ream, it took 1 1/2 reams to do the job.

So I got 2 manuals in black and white for about $30 each printed on heavy paper with a laser printer.

I made them at about 1/3 the price, I couldn't steal the special paper, my work doesnt have it or full color laser lol.

So, $100 might be pricey, but they are really nicely done and in full color.

Fedex office wanted $150 each to print them in full color and be not as nice as the factory ones.

However fedex office used their trimmer and spiral binder to do a pretty good job.

I'm happy with the result.

#8581 6 months ago

Wow. I just had my best game yet. Holy crap that was a blast

20190327_172759 (resized).jpg20190327_172813 (resized).jpg
#8582 6 months ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow! Great score!

#8583 6 months ago

It can be such a Thrill and Rush to get it all going. Great Score!!!!
Did i mention exhausting as well?

#8584 6 months ago

It can be such a Thrill and Rush to get it all going. Great Score!!!!
Did i mention exhausting as well?

Houdini is such a rush when your in the zone.

I'm still tired from TPF!
3 non-stop days of pinball!

I didnt care about waiting in line, it gave me time to rest and drink ziegenbock!!!!!

#8585 6 months ago

Thanks guys. Yeah 22-minute game. Felt like I was playing for a while

#8586 6 months ago

Houdini is such a rush when your in the zone.
I'm still tired from TPF!
3 non-stop days of pinball!
I didnt care about waiting in line, it gave me time to rest and drink ziegenbock!!!!!

I've used Vistaprint for cheap printing and they do a good job.
The TPF lines weren't too bad except for Alice Cooper and Safecracker. That should be CGC's next remake, I guess. I didn't even get to touch it once. I did notice some tools who put on 4-player games for one player. Just so lame, and with no shame...

#8587 6 months ago

Excellent! It takes me 5 balls and several tries to crack 3 million.

#8588 6 months ago

Just picked up Houdini yesterday. I have 1 quick question.
Should there always be a ball locked in this spot? Whenever I hit that shot and it doesnt go to the catapult, it releases 1 ball.

20190329_101119 (resized).jpg
#8589 6 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Just picked up Houdini yesterday. I have 1 quick question.
Should there always be a ball locked in this spot? Whenever I hit that shot and it doesnt go to the catapult, it releases 1 ball.
[quoted image]

It isn't always locked there but it is pretty common for one to end up locked there. The code is written to randomly eject balls from different places (that lock, the scoop or eject from the shooter lane) and to lock them there or behind the scoop. Sometimes you can even have two balls locked on the left there but never three.

#8590 6 months ago

Just wondering if the bugs found in the latest beta code is going to push up the official release date?

#8591 6 months ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Just wondering if the bugs found in the latest beta code is going to push up the official release date?

I do not expect that to be the case, not for anything found so far.

#8592 6 months ago

Not in the club, but I've played it on location a few times and I really find it to be an amazing looking pin with unique code. I've heard the animations on the LCD getting ripped a ton, but I find the whole curtain pulling back effect on the LCD and the quirky animations to be very neat. I guess I appreciate the unique style. I know it's supposed to be a hard pin, but I'm lucky enough to be so bad that all pins just seem hard to me so none really stand out all that much. Anyway, just thought I put out some positive feedback as I tend to only post when I have a gripe.

#8593 6 months ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

All Fear the Key Lane!

A quick nudge from the left hand as the ball is coming down the Key Lane helps prevent STDM almost every time.

#8594 6 months ago

Noticed an interesting behavior tonite.

During return from the dead my catapult seems to have way too much power compared to regular play.

During regular play the catapult works petfectly.

During back from the dead the catapult seems to be un managed and full power, bouncing balls off the backboard.

Again, this is only during return from the dead. NOT during regular play.

When play is resumed after the mode ends catapult is back to normal perfect function.

#8595 6 months ago

Is there a mode where all GI lights go out, and playfield lights flicker? I think it was the film mode Man from beyond after I hit the stage enough times and Seance mb.
I am trying to replicate it.

#8596 6 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is there a mode where all GI lights go out, and playfield lights flicker? I think it was the film mode Man from beyond after I hit the stage enough times and Seance mb.

That sounds like it.

#8597 6 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Isn't it super cool?! I love that mode!

#8598 6 months ago

It was very hard, but cool. Could not get it to do it again but did get new GC score!

20190331_111909 (resized).jpg
#8599 6 months ago

Noticed an interesting behavior tonite.
During return from the dead my catapult seems to have way too much power compared to regular play.
During regular play the catapult works petfectly.
During back from the dead the catapult seems to be un managed and full power, bouncing balls off the backboard.
Again, this is only during return from the dead. NOT during regular play.
When play is resumed after the mode ends catapult is back to normal perfect function.

I havent seen that. Will look for it.

#8600 6 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yep, Man From Beyond - my favorite mode in the game! You have to hit the stage three times and then loops, after that Houdini moves around on the screen and you have to hit the corresponding shot (right or left loop or stage) to get the points for "finding" him. This is basically impossible if you start Seance because the floating ghost Seance screen covers up the MFB screen that shows where Houdini is, you just have to keep hitting loops and the stage and hope you hit the one that is currently lit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 9601 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 193.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside