20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 297.
#8451 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

I have been taken out of retirement..
Looks like Dhaval wants me to go to a couple of shows.
Thinking I might go to Freeplay this year, last year had to cancel at the last minute.
Pinburg
Southern fried
Kalamazoo, Pinball at the ZOO
But I need to confirm these shows with the team API.

Sfge?

#8452 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Thinking I might go to Freeplay this year, last year had to cancel at the last minute.
Pinburg
Southern fried
Kalamazoo, Pinball at the ZOO
But I need to confirm these shows with team API.

Don't forget Golden State Pinball Festival in Lodi Ca May 17-19!!

#8453 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Sorry to hear.

Quoted from BarryJ:

It is great to see you if you are at a show.

LTG : )

#8454 5 years ago

At the risk of being "that guy", I was curious if any consideration had been put into saving the top three or four high scores of the day? Getting to put your initials on a machine is always a fun novelty for new comers and it helps keep track of how well people are doing over the course of an evening get together or party. Alternately would that end up just being annoying when you most play by yourself?

I figure there's probably way more important work to be done, but wanted to throw that idea out there as it'd be transferable across different games.

Despite a few quirks I'm still loving Houdini! I've had mine since July and just put the 1510th game on it. I was also curious as to how many games other people's machines have on them if anyone is willing to divulge that info

#8455 5 years ago
Quoted from Osro:

At the risk of being "that guy", I was curious if any consideration had been put into saving the top three or four high scores of the day? Getting to put your initials on a machine is always a fun novelty for new comers and it helps keep track of how well people are doing over the course of an evening get together or party. Alternately would that end up just being annoying when you most play by yourself?
I figure there's probably way more important work to be done, but wanted to throw that idea out there as it'd be transferable across different games.
Despite a few quirks I'm still loving Houdini! I've had mine since July and just put the 1510th game on it. I was also curious as to how many games other people's machines have on them if anyone is willing to divulge that info

JJP pins have daily high scores. I can see how they'd be fun for a party, but they're just too many screens that clutter an attract mode on route.

#8456 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP pins have daily high scores. I can see how they'd be fun for a party, but they're just too many screens that clutter an attract mode on route.

Agree, daily's get old quickly, especially in Home environment. Adding it to latest code in WOZ has been annoying.

#8457 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

JJP pins have daily high scores.

Not gonna lie, and I'm not going to name names or point fingers, but thats where the members of my party who's name isn't exclusively on our Houdini machine* got the idea...

*Except for Rosh damnit, I still haven't even gotten to the movie binge much less scored higher than him!!!!!!

#8458 5 years ago
Quoted from Osro:

I imagine that this could be a setting that you opt to have on or off. For a party it would be fun to have going on. I have played WOZ on location and gotten today's high score with an embarrassing bad score. I felt it wasn't a real accomplishment.

#8459 5 years ago
Quoted from Osro:

At the risk of being "that guy", I've had mine since July and just put the 1510th game on it.

That's like 5 1/2 games a day!

#8460 5 years ago

On JJPs the daily high score is a quick very simple option to enable/disable in the menu. Super easy to open the coin door, press a couple buttons, and then play either way. The daily score adds another little piece to the “fun” level for both kids and guests in the home environment. This should be a no brainer code addition on all current production games IMO.

On another note, API (and everyone else besides Spooky) should add co-op team mode option like TNA has. That is a blast and should also be an easy code addition.

Junky

#8461 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

On JJPs the daily high score is a quick very simple option to enable/disable in the menu. Super easy to open the coin door, press a couple buttons, and then play either way. The daily score adds another little piece to the “fun” level for both kids and guests in the home environment. This should be a no brainer code addition on all current production games IMO.
On another note, API (and everyone else besides Spooky) should add co-op team mode option like TNA has. That is a blast and should also be an easy code addition.
Junky

I'd rather have timed pricing tables first. For a route, it'd be great. It's stupid that POOL TABLES have this feature and pinball machines don't.

#8462 5 years ago

Anyone replace the LEDs in the Flood lights? Not finding the # of the LED on the existing ones but appears to be 906?

#8463 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd rather have timed pricing tables first. For a route, it'd be great. It's stupid that POOL TABLES have this feature and pinball machines don't.

Tell me more

#8465 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Don't forget Golden State Pinball Festival in Lodi Ca May 17-19!!

I would like to go... But, I am looking at the dates more than anything.

#8466 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Tell me more

It's just nice to have the ability to float pricing based on the time of day or day of the week so you can coordinate specials with locations. Some kind of M-F table with a "promo pricing" time range and amount would be GREAT. When it's in the time range, the price is auto-adjusted down and then when the time is over, the price goes back up automatically on a repeating basis. Sometimes we have free events and if this existed, I wouldn't have to manually go over and set/unset the pricing, I could just set the promo sometime the week before (there's only one M-F, so 7 days is the max in this scenario) and it would automatically go to free and then back up. Or on "Wild Wednesdays" we could automatically set the games to half price during a specific time every week with no interaction from us. It would be great. Like I said, pool tables have this, it's weird that pinball doesn't.

#8467 5 years ago
Quoted from Osro:

I have 315 total games in the same time period. So you have 5x as many.

#8468 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

I would like to go... But, I am looking at the dates more than anything.

There's always Pin-a-Go-Go in October if you want to make a fall trip to sunny California. But come to both shows! We'd all love to see you!

#8469 5 years ago

Here's a new Houdini mystery. I was on ball 3 and had earned a Séance H letter and Trunk H letter. Suddenly, all the Houdini letter lights were lit as follows: Blue, Blue, Yellow, Yellow, White, Yellow, Yellow. They stayed this way after I drained and started the next ball. Then I started a stage mode (which earned me a stage Houdini letter), and the lights converted to what they should have been - blue, turquoise, and red. Is this a secret message or a wacky bug? Never happened before.

lites (resized).jpglites (resized).jpg
#8470 5 years ago
Quoted from Osro:

I've had mine since July and just put the 1510th game on it. I was also curious as to how many games other people's machines have on them if anyone is willing to divulge that info

I checked today. Since 12/23/18, when I got the game we have 499 plays. That is like 6.60 games per day!

Now I know what my wife is doing when I am out of the house.

#8471 5 years ago

Anyone..... the LEDs in the spotlights are they 906 Wedge Base Flasher Lamps?

#8472 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Anyone..... the LEDs in the spotlights are they 906 Wedge Base Flasher Lamps?

I really thought they were 555s

#8473 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I really thought they were 555s

Me too until I pulled one out, look too big to be 555s and there are 8 LEDs on it so thinking they're the 906 Wedge Base Flasher Lamps

Only marking on them are CT ROSH 13VAC

#8474 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Me too until I pulled one out, look too big to be 555s and there are 8 LEDs on it so thinking they're the 906 Wedge Base Flasher Lamps

That’s kind of funny it says “Rosh”

#8475 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That’s kind of funny it says “Rosh”

Yeah he had the LEDs personalized

#8476 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

13 volts would fry #555 bulbs quick.

I suspect #906 or #912 bulbs.

#8477 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's just nice to have the ability to float pricing based on the time of day or day of the week so you can coordinate specials with locations. Some kind of M-F table with a "promo pricing" time range and amount would be GREAT.

The Operating Room (barcade in Des Moines IA) has that feature on all of their machines. You download an app to your phone and load the app with $$. Then scan QR code on the coin door and the app tells you the cost per game. I assume this is a common technology in other arcades. It had various prices on games at different times of the day. You could look for the best deals from the collection of pinball machines. Very cool.

#8478 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

I checked today. Since 12/23/18, when I got the game we have 499 plays. That is like 6.60 games per day!
Now I know what my wife is doing when I am out of the house.

I'm at 1154 since I got it on March 31st last year.

#8479 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I'm at 1154 since I got it on March 31st last year.

Finally got my 100th game in last night...since early November.

#8480 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

The Operating Room (barcade in Des Moines IA) has that feature on all of their machines. You download an app to your phone and load the app with $$. Then scan QR code on the coin door and the app tells you the cost per game. I assume this is a common technology in other arcades. It had various prices on games at different times of the day. You could look for the best deals from the collection of pinball machines. Very cool.

Yeah, it would be great to have it IN the machines so people don't have to download ANOTHER crappy single-purpose app to their phone.

#8481 5 years ago

I year of Proud Houdini ownership, delivered 3/14/18, game #90. 1165 plays.
20190220_220353 (resized).jpg20190220_220353 (resized).jpg

#8482 5 years ago

I year of ownership, delivered 3/14/18, game #90. 1165 plays.[quoted image]

Holy crap!

You have a Gilligan's Island!

Nice topper!!!

#8483 5 years ago

Finally picked up the Klein magnetic nut drivers, and does the 3/16 on the left look funky? Looks like the shaft is filled in.

And on the 1/4 and 5/16 there's white material around the inner shaft.

Are these damaged?

20190315_030253 (resized).jpg20190315_030253 (resized).jpg
#8484 5 years ago

The larger sizes look fine.

20190315_030211 (resized).jpg20190315_030211 (resized).jpg
#8485 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The larger sizes look fine.
[quoted image]

They look good. Red and yellow will be the ones most used, green every once in a while.

#8486 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Holy crap!
You have a Gilligan's Island!
Nice topper!!!

Thanks Tuna. That Gilligan topper just happened, had the lamp from a trip to Hawaii years ago. Used fathom backer topper piece of ebay. Just evolved. Cut the hole in minnow myself , need to finish the bow. Add an Led strip and you have Gilligan super topper. 4 power sources up there. Theres more art off camera.

#8487 5 years ago

I year of Proud Houdini ownership, delivered 3/14/18, game #90. 1165 plays.
[quoted image]

The Gilligan's Island topper is very cool indeed. Nice work. In 20+ years of collecting, I have never played one. Is it a fun game?

#8488 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

The Gilligan's Island topper is very cool indeed. Nice work. In 20+ years of collecting, I have never played one. Is it a fun game?

Pretty damn fun to try and beat Kona!

#8489 5 years ago

They look good. Red and yellow will be the ones most used, green every once in a while.

I tried to take some better photos of the 3/16, and it just doesn't appear good to me.

20190315_155922 (resized).jpg20190315_155922 (resized).jpg
#8490 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I tried to take some better photos of the 3/16, and it just doesn't appear good to me.
[quoted image]

Hummm, if package is unopened, could it be debris?
If amazon, send it back.
But, once opened will that debris just pop out?

#8491 5 years ago

Anyone know how to .....

1. Add a Custom Message to the machine? I know how to turn it on and off but not sure how or where you type in the message!
2. Any instructions on how to install the update power supply. The new power supply comes with the wires, all connectors on it, with it but no instructions as to what is to plug in where.
3. Lastly, I ordered the EOS for the flippers so if anyone is familiar with installing the kit from AP. Haven't received them yet but figured I would ask while posting my other questions!

Thanks!

#8492 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Anyone know how to .....

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/ Scroll down for answers.

#8493 5 years ago

Brilliant! Thanks Lloyd as always!

Am I missing how to add a Custom Message? Just not seeing where to type in what you want!

#8494 5 years ago

Hummm, if package is unopened, could it be debris?
If amazon, send it back.
But, once opened will that debris just pop out?

There appears to be a white circle of plastic around each of the inner magnetic heads, and looking at it sealed, it looks like this was jarred loose or filled in way too much. Definitely going to try an Amazon exchange, just figured I'd check here first, given one or two people might own these.

Thanks for the input Eric!

#8495 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

There appears to be a white circle of plastic around each of the inner magnetic heads, and looking at it sealed, it looks like this was jarred loose or filled in way too much. Definitely going to try an Amazon exchange, just figured I'd check here first, given one or two people might own these.
Thanks for the input Eric!

I own 2 sets of these Kline tools, one short, one long. Use them contantantly. The trick, unscrew all the way until it's on the last thread, then pull nut driver off, then remove nut by hand. It sucks when they get stuck up in there and you can't get them out.

#8496 5 years ago

I own 2 sets of these Kline tools, one short, one long. Use them contantantly. The trick, unscrew all the way until it's on the last thread, then pull nut driver off, then remove nut by hand. It sucks when they get stuck up in there and you can't get them out.

Ooooh, because of the magnetism?

#8497 5 years ago

I added my foam eye light blockers to my pinside shop. Photo shows one with and one without.

B0A59720-3109-4366-A958-89734AE22441 (resized).jpegB0A59720-3109-4366-A958-89734AE22441 (resized).jpeg
#8498 5 years ago

It sucks when they get stuck up in there and you can't get them out.

Have a machine screw the same thread size and screw it into the nut and extract it.

In case you have a spot you can't get your fingers into to unscrew it or grab it.

#8499 5 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

. Add a Custom Message to the machine?

Use a PNG image 1366x768
Call it custom_message.png (I think, not at computer)
Put on usb stick
Power on game
Insert usb into usb extension cable in cabinet
Follow display info about removing and restarting
Turn on in settings

#8500 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

[quoted image]

I wouldn't be concerned, I suspect it's just epoxy from gluing in the mags. The metal socket on the business end is all that matters, is it misformed or pitted? The rubber handles on these tools are nice too, do they look good? a little white crude that I suspect will rub off is a non issue.

They are just tools. Kliens are good I have owned hundreds of Klien tools in my 40 year electrical career.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/170?hl=barryj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.