20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 297.
#6851 5 years ago

Yeah, PBL seems pretty cool. They sent my order for art blade protectors really quick!

Definitely going to order that Blitz 1000! Looks like the preferred wax for sure.

Thanks again everyone!

#6852 5 years ago

Yeah, I'm definitely going to order again from PBL. They shipped my art blade protectors really quickly!

Gonna grab some of that Blitz 1000 for sure. Definitely seems the preferred brand by a good margin.

Thanks again everyone for the helpful tips!

#6853 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Excellent! I'll grab all four of the links you posted! Thank you for taking the time to research and link me!
So those Polyte Microfiber clothes are good rather than the more expensive Kirkland ones?
Is this wax cruddy?
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/mothers-california-gold-brazilian-carnauba-cleaner-wax-paste-12-oz-05500/7111061-P?searchTerm=Wax+carnauba#customer-reviews-d
If so, I'll just grab the Blitz One Grand from Pinball Life, which everyone seems to love.
https://www.pinballlife.com/blitz-carnauba-paste-wax-12-ounce-jar.html

Only blitz 1000 or p21s as far as I know are correct:

https://www.amazon.com/P21S-12701W-100-Carnauba-Wax/dp/B016XVD8D0/ref=mp_s_a_1_7

https://www.pinballlife.com/blitz-carnauba-paste-wax-12-ounce-jar.html

Mothers is just a solvent filled cleaner wax.

#6854 5 years ago

What I meant was plastic protectors, not playfield protector. Didn't mean to stir up this thread but around Pinside it seems to happen all the time. I have my machines to play as they are intended & would never consider installing a playfield protector to take away the genuine gameplay.

#6855 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Do you mean this protector?
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/CqD9Z5WE1E6wFeV85-0lDg?catgoryid=22&name=Houdini%20%7C%202017%20%7C%20Playfield%20Protector
I was going to ask if it's necessary. I do remember a post way earlier in the thread from Rosh where he stated if they switched playfields, it would be for the better.
My invoice is signed and payment sent, and the sale will be going through tomorrow. Is this something I should be concerned about, and maybe shift to another brand like Jersey Jack?

I definitely agree with Ritchie, but also people's concerns when they buy for home use versus an arcade. If newer wood is more composite based, maybe dimpling does occur more frequently, but also wouldn't mylar on the table during production protect even better than older types used 20-30 years ago?
This thread from five years ago discusses things at length too, regarding older playfields getting dimpling as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

Ritchie is enslaved to Stern now. He has to push their agenda and hold his tongue when they butcher his game designs AFTER RELEASE by not fixing errors that complete break modes, then stand by as Stern disables the modes when they decide not to fix the hardware to correct THEIR error.

Stern is using crappier playfield blanks now. Fact. They seem to have multiple suppliers because some runs of machines are fine, while others have gigantic craters rather than acceptable, usual, divots in a short period of time. As a result, you have only to compare Stern to JJP and AP playfields to see that Steve's speech is irrelevant and easily disproven now as it's gotten progressively worse at Stern with the cost-cutting. I understand WHY he had to do it, it's just embarrassing that Stern has that kind of power over him.

#6856 5 years ago

Lord - I am gonna need therapy real soon. So, now that I am no longer worried about dimpling since this appears to be pretty insubstantial and normal, I now worry that the one time I used Millwax on the playfield is going to lead to the artwork melting away or having it burst into flames :-0

If I understand this thread and the others I looked at subsequently, Millwax is silicone rather than wax. I've used it on pinballs for over 20 years without issue [as far as I can tell], but this is the first clear coat pinball I have owned, so faux pax number two for old Mark with the new Houdini.

Am I correct in concluding that I need not worry too much about the Millwax since I will never add or re-clear coat this game [I'll be long gone before that will come up, and I can let my kids worry about that one] and to just add the Blitz 1000 as described above? I'm hoping I don't have to smuggle lighter fluid or other noxious compounds into California and engage in deep cleaning to prep the game - ugh...

On the positive side, Still enjoying the game tremendously.

#6857 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Lord - I am gonna need therapy real soon. So, now that I am no longer worried about dimpling since this appears to be pretty insubstantial and normal, I now worry that the one time I used Millwax on the playfield is going to lead to the artwork melting away or having it burst into flames :-0
If I understand this thread and the others I looked at subsequently, Millwax is silicone rather than wax. I've used it on pinballs for over 20 years without issue [as far as I can tell], but this is the first clear coat pinball I have owned, so faux pax number two for old Mark with the new Houdini.
Am I correct in concluding that I need not worry too much about the Millwax since I will never add or re-clear coat this game [I'll be long gone before that will come up, and I can let my kids worry about that one] and to just add the Blitz 1000 as described above? I'm hoping I don't have to smuggle lighter fluid or other noxious compounds into California and engage in deep cleaning to prep the game - ugh...
On the positive side, Still enjoying the game tremendously.

Millwax doesn't ruin games dont worry about it.

It's just that pure carnauba is way better, offers better protection and lasts longer.

People worry too much.

Just stop using it.

Just wax it with blitz 1000, you will be fine.

#6858 5 years ago

My flipper coils are very hot after 20 min play. Much hotter than any of my other machines. Almost uncomfortable to touch. Flipper strength is as recommended. Flippers work fine but do seem to get slightly weaker after playing for a while. Has anybody else touched their flipper coils? Is this normal with Houdini?

#6859 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Is this normal with Houdini?

Doesn't sound normal. I'd be sure your flippers have a tiny bit of up and down play ( not back and forth ) to be sure the pawl isn't binding on the nylon bushing below the playfield the flipper shaft rides in.

If that is good, then I'd remove the plunger assembly and be sure the plunger/plastic link/pawl moves freely.

LTG : )

#6860 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

My flipper coils are very hot after 20 min play. Much hotter than any of my other machines. Almost uncomfortable to touch. Flipper strength is as recommended. Flippers work fine but do seem to get slightly weaker after playing for a while. Has anybody else touched their flipper coils? Is this normal with Houdini?

Have you installed the upgraded power supply?

It should fix this.

#6861 5 years ago

Can someone with magic glass confirm this is the etching on yours? I just got a piece and it doesn't say magic glass or anything that would indicate it is. Just want to make sure this looks right

20181106_160742 (resized).jpg20181106_160742 (resized).jpg
#6862 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Doesn't sound normal. I'd be sure your flippers have a tiny bit of up and down play ( not back and forth ) to be sure the pawl isn't binding on the nylon bushing below the playfield the flipper shaft rides in.
If that is good, then I'd remove the plunger assembly and be sure the plunger/plastic link/pawl moves freely.
LTG : )

Thanks. Checked all those things. No issue there. Could it be that not having an EOS switch the holding current is too high making the coil gay too hot?

#6863 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can someone with magic glass confirm this is the etching on yours? I just got a piece and it doesn't say magic glass or anything that would indicate it is. Just want to make sure this looks right[quoted image]

The bigger question is which side goes up?

#6864 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Have you installed the upgraded power supply?
It should fix this.

Can you explain why?
Forgot to say I'm in Australia at 240V we don't need the upgraded power supply (I was told).

#6865 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Thanks. Checked all those things. No issue there. Could it be that not having an EOS switch the holding current is too high making the coil gay too hot?

No, but higher wattage power will make it easier to flip the ball and have less thermal residue.

The device works more sufficiently.

As with everything electrical, low power or brown out conditions cause heat buildup.

The upgraded power supply is 750 watt. The original is near half that.

Your 240v service does not give you more power. Just less power is used from the wall. So internally the power used is the same.

Upgrading the internal power supply fixes many issues, like weak flippers.

EOS switches let the game know when a flipper is knocked down so it can automatically raise it or keep it up.

I recommend EOS and the new power supply.

#6866 5 years ago

I have zero issues with the game as far as power. It works as designed.
I do have issues with my wall power. It rarely works as advertised.
Since power, food, transportation and housing are considered luxuries in the state of Nevada, they can be sketchy.
My power can range from 114v to 123v in a single 4 hour period. Up down and all around...
This affects all my games. I have them on variacs now and its been wonderful.
Houdini could use a little more internal power especially during seance multiball with the magnets firing all the time.
This power supply upgrade looks like it is perfect for my needs.

Sorry to necro this post, but I'm planning on picking up the new power supply pretty soon, and had a question.

Is largely an issue with having many machines in one room, or just fluctuating power in your home in general? What voltage do I want, and do I use a multimeter to test somewhere? I have basically zero experience in this aspect of home ownership, so any tips would be appreciated.

Is the catapult/trunk shot now largely 100% consistent for those that have installed this?

#6867 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Some flippers were installed without coil sheaths, so you might check yours

#6868 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Sorry to necro this post, but I'm planning on picking up the new power supply pretty soon, and had a question.
Is largely an issue with having many machines in one room, or just fluctuating power in your home in general? What voltage do I want, and do I use a multimeter to test somewhere? I have basically zero experience in this aspect of home ownership, so any tips would be appreciated.
Is the catapult/trunk shot now largely 100% consistent for those that have installed this?

anything that can make the voltage coming from your outlet not be consistent. So that can be many machines on at the same time, on the same circuit. I can get mine to miss by running a dehumidifier from the same outlet. You can also have power coming into your house that fluctuates - typically this is if you live far away from a major urban area (e.g. I live 2 miles from Washington DC so my power is pretty stable).

Anyway the power upgrade basically eliminated it. My catapult has not missed once since I installed it. And really it didn't miss all that much before, but when I turned on that dehumidifier OR I had my other games being played (or both), it would consistently under-throw. It usually didn't miss left or right; that's a different issue.

#6869 5 years ago

The bigger question is which side goes up?

Does it matter? I thought you can put glass on either side?

#6870 5 years ago

Your 240v service does not give you more power. Just less power is used from the wall. So internally the power used is the same.

I hate to be the Ohm's law police but I'm going to be for the sake of clarity and to hopefully not confuse any newbies. The amount of Power consumed (in Watts) will be the same (some negligible differences may occur due to wire sizes but not really at the levels consumed by a pinball machine) regardless of the outlet voltage supplied. The amount of current (in amps) will be different but that's not the same thing as power. I*E (or V if you prefer)=P

#6871 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

... Could it be that not having an EOS switch the holding current is too high making the coil gay too hot?

That would be my 1st choice. I don't have EOS installed, I will try to remember to check mine this weekend (I'll forget).

BTW, I don't think a coil being gay has anything to do with it, they are all happy.

#6872 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yes. Mine never misses.

#6873 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

I hate to be the Ohm's law police but I'm going to be for the sake of clarity and to hopefully not confuse any newbies. The amount of Power consumed (in Watts) will be the same (some negligible differences may occur due to wire sizes but not really at the levels consumed by a pinball machine) regardless of the outlet voltage supplied. The amount of current (in amps) will be different but that's not the same thing as power. I*E (or V if you prefer)=P

Ditto on bob's power comment. Double the voltage (i.e. 120V vs. 240V), the pin would draw 1/2 the current. If a pin draws, say 500W, it should be 500W regardless of 120 vs. 240V.

#6874 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Does it matter? I thought you can put glass on either side?

The non-glare coating goes on the inside. This avoids scratches to it.

It's not on both sides, much like expensive singlasses for you game.

#6875 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Quoted from mbwalker:

Ditto on bob's power comment. Double the voltage (i.e. 120V vs. 240V), the pin would draw 1/2 the current. If a pin draws, say 500W, it should be 500W regardless of 120 vs. 240V.

Yes. Devices draw what they were designed to regardless of the source being higher.

However they can run hot during low or insufficient power sessions, like during a brown out.

#6876 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Wes,

Just a quick FYI to help you out.

The new power supply is a buck-boost design. If the line voltage is low, it 'boosts' it's output voltage to maintain the desired 48V. If the line voltage is high, it 'bucks' the voltage to still maintain the desired voltage of 48V. Of course, there's limits on the input voltage, but looking at the data sheet briefly (below), the input voltage range is VERY wide. The old power supply was unregulated, it's output would vary w/respect to the input voltage.

Using a multimeter to measure line voltage let's you see the average voltage but it doesn't catch the transients (i.e. your humidifier starts up, your AC turns on, and old EM using a lot of power) which can cause variation in the line voltage...that would zip right by the multimeter. But let's say everyone is using their AC on a hot day, then your average voltage could be lower. Getting back to the power supply - there is a time constant associated with how fast it can regulate back to the desire 48V, it doesn't happen instantly. But it should be very fast as far as playing pinball is concerned and for all practical purposes, the 48V will always be 48V.

Even without the power supply upgrade, my trunk shot was almost always very close to being spot on. Can't remember it being short/long or smacking the trunk. I just didn't want to ever worry about it, and I got the upgrade anyways. After the install it's 100%. It was before, but the potential for the problem was there, so no reason not upgrade.
rsp-750-48 (resized).PNGrsp-750-48 (resized).PNG

#6877 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can someone with magic glass confirm this is the etching on yours? I just got a piece and it doesn't say magic glass or anything that would indicate it is. Just want to make sure this looks right[quoted image]

Well, here's mine...but it's on the other side.

It could be the same number as tempered (the coating just being applied to the normal glass).

BTW, be careful what glass cleaner you use on the glass, it can damage the coating. There's a discussion in this thread somewhere about it.

mg1 (resized).jpgmg1 (resized).jpg

#6878 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

No they dont get hot for me. Super hot flipper coils are a sign of trouble in the flipper mech.

#6879 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

It could be the same number as tempered (the coating just being applied to the normal glass).
BTW, be careful what glass cleaner you use on the glass, it can damage the coating. There's a discussion in this thread somewhere about it.
[quoted image]

Finally, something I know a little bit about. This glass is very similar to the museum glass people use for framing. I do a ton of framing. The way you can tell if it is the magic glass or regular glass is the way the light reflects. If you have to two pinball machines next to each other one with and one without the magic glass and a light source shining above, you can tell almost immediately. Look at the two pictures. The AFM has plain old glass, the Houdini has Magic glass. The light source in the photo is the same, but the magic glass reflects a more violet hue. Depending on the kind of bulb, you will get different hues, but regardless, the magic glass will look different than the standard glass. It’s very noticeable with Fluorescent tubing. So, that’s a telltale sign to look for. If you don’t have two pinballs, just shining a light on your Houdini, and the coffee table, or some other piece of plain old glass. It should reflect differently.

And yes the treated side goes on the inside. On my machine, there is a “ proudly made in the USA“ sticker. The sticker is on the outside facing up, obviously. The other way to tell is that with the glass out, they treated side will have an almost iridescent sheen to it. The other side will look just like normal glass.

19A2B943-CD04-48D5-9B84-36AAA378F22D (resized).jpeg19A2B943-CD04-48D5-9B84-36AAA378F22D (resized).jpeg9E6A0D27-FAA7-4E50-81F0-97EE24E5CBC2 (resized).jpeg9E6A0D27-FAA7-4E50-81F0-97EE24E5CBC2 (resized).jpeg
#6880 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

[quoted image]

On my game I turned the glass around and put the tempered stamp under the lockdown bar

#6881 5 years ago

Thanks for confirming it matches mine. Never owned this kind of glass before. Appreciate it and the lesson about what side to put it on!

#6882 5 years ago

On my game I turned the glass around and put the tempered stamp under the lockdown bar

Thanks Great Tip.
Ordering Magic Glass soon.
Knocker on its way!

#6883 5 years ago

Hmm, my game supposedly came with magic glass but there is no stamp. I've never owned this type of playfield glass either. Maybe not really magic? It has a purple tint to it when outside the game.

#6884 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Hmm, my game supposedly came with magic glass but there is no stamp. I've never owned this type of playfield glass either. Maybe not really magic? It has a purple tint to it when outside the game.

Magic glass has a slight tint, so you are good to go.

#6885 5 years ago

So there was a comment or two on items suddenly running out of stock on our online store.

Due to difficulties forecasting these sudden jumps in demand, stuff like the Knocker, Topper, and EoS switches will be in/out of stock as when they go, they tend to go really fast. We're working on getting more, but we really don't have space to put even small stuff like that while we're prepping for game two. Once we move into the larger building in Q1, these little bumps will more than likely smooth themselves out. If you have any questions about when items will be restocked, feel free to email me at [email protected]!

In the interest of being a shameless sellout, I would like to tell everyone that there are less than ten of the Double Danger work shirts left, and when we go for another run, these will have REALLY long lead times. If you want one, I recommend grabbing one now else you'll risk the horrible thing known as waiting a bit.

https://store.american-pinball.com/products/houdini-work-shirt

There were also comments alerting us about the link on our home page only showing featured items rather than all items. That has been addressed and now both links show all items!

Thanks,
Nirmal

#6886 5 years ago

Hi!

How long does American Pinball support usually take to answer? I have submitted a question about my catapult: with 27 setting it shoots too low and with 28 it shoots right and misses the trunk.

Meanwhile, when waiting an answer from them - was there any luck with adding washers to the throw arm?
Would there be any help in adjusting the game's slope and what would be the sweetspot?
And did this matter get resolved with the new power supply? And finally, is the new power supply available for EU-customers yet?

Thanks for any info!

#6887 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hi!
How long does American Pinball support usually take to answer? I have submitted a question about my catapult: with 27 setting it shoots too low and with 28 it shoots right and misses the trunk.
Meanwhile, when waiting an answer from them - was there any luck with adding washers to the throw arm?
Would there be any help in adjusting the game's slope and what would be the sweetspot?
And did this matter get resolved with the new power supply? And finally, is the new power supply available for EU-customers yet?
Thanks for any info!

All those answers to your questions are in this thread -

Pretty much everyone who has installed the power supply has reported very consistent catapult behaviour. I strongly recommend it for a variety of reasons. There are also a few other suggested fixes to the catapult, including cleaning it and making minor adjustments to the position from under the play field. Mine personally has not needed ANY adjustment after installing the power upgrade.

No washers needed, it seems to me they would bend the mech out of alignment. I’d say wait for the power supply or try cleaning, slightly adjusting the position! Good luck!

#6888 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

All those answers to your questions are in this thread -
Pretty much everyone who has installed the power supply has reported very consistent catapult behaviour. I strongly recommend it for a variety of reasons. There are also a few other suggested fixes to the catapult, including cleaning it and making minor adjustments to the position from under the play field. Mine personally has not needed ANY adjustment after installing the power upgrade.
No washers needed, it seems to me they would bend the mech out of alignment. I’d say wait for the power supply or try cleaning, slightly adjusting the position! Good luck!

Thank you for your answers and yes, I know, I know, I was avoiding some reading by asking the questions.

My game has a bit over 100 games on it, I did clean the catapult mech as instructed in the API guide, but as one would guess, it was not dirty at all.
I could try adjusting the throw arm, but as I remember, there was not much room for adjusting.
It would be good to know if the power supply is available for customers in the EU though.

#6889 5 years ago

Did anyone ever figure out how to use the $150 rebate code?

#6890 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Did anyone ever figure out how to use the $150 rebate code?

I just typed the handwritten code that was included with the power supply into the "code" area of the API website (when checking out) and it deducted the price of the knocker. I still had to kick in a few bucks for shipping to complete the transaction.

#6891 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thank you for your answers and yes, I know, I know, I was avoiding some reading by asking the questions.
My game has a bit over 100 games on it, I did clean the catapult mech as instructed in the API guide, but as one would guess, it was not dirty at all.
I could try adjusting the throw arm, but as I remember, there was not much room for adjusting.
It would be good to know if the power supply is available for customers in the EU though.

As doyle has said, read the posts earlier and adjust it.

It's pretty easy to adjust and there is plenty of room for adjustment.

One thing that came up was that several catapults were crooked in the cutout. It's simple enough to open the mounting holes of the mech and turn it until its straight.

Check this first.

Also you can tilt the catapult by putting a couple washers under one side until you get it right. This works good too.

You can just drop a ball into it with power on and it will fire.
I'm confident now that I can get any of them to shoot straight in about 15 mins.

Get the new power supply. If you possibly can.
Get the EOS kit.
It fixes many things.

#6892 5 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

I just typed the handwritten code that was included with the power supply into the "code" area of the API website (when checking out) and it deducted the price of the knocker. I still had to kick in a few bucks for shipping to complete the transaction.

Guess I will have to call support, my number is invalid.

#6893 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

anything that can make the voltage coming from your outlet not be consistent. So that can be many machines on at the same time, on the same circuit. I can get mine to miss by running a dehumidifier from the same outlet. You can also have power coming into your house that fluctuates - typically this is if you live far away from a major urban area (e.g. I live 2 miles from Washington DC so my power is pretty stable).
Anyway the power upgrade basically eliminated it. My catapult has not missed once since I installed it. And really it didn't miss all that much before, but when I turned on that dehumidifier OR I had my other games being played (or both), it would consistently under-throw. It usually didn't miss left or right; that's a different issue.

Thanks for the input everyone! I'm definitely grabbing the power supply as soon as I register my game tomorrow or the next day!

Curious, what's the EOS kit do?

And I've got two cats, albeit older, and wanted to cover the playfield with a material when I'm not using it, just in case one of them hops onto the glass. Are there any recommendations for non scratch material or while I'm at UV proof? Would fleece work okay?

#6894 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Thanks for the input everyone! I'm definitely grabbing the power supply as soon as I register my game tomorrow or the next day!
And I've got two cats, albeit older, and wanted to cover the playfield with a material when I'm not using it, just in case one of them hops onto the glass. Are there any recommendations for non scratch material or while I'm at UV proof? Would fleece work okay?

Get the EOS kit as well as the power supply, you need it.

Anything will work as a cover. Fleece blankets work great.

There are a couple services that print them custom with your images. Quite cool actually

also you can get cheap covers off Ebay, but they are a hassle to use unless for long term.

#6895 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

My cat always liked to lay on the glass. Bally's were his favorite since there wasn't too much slope but I think Houdini would be a bit too steep for proper cat sleeping. Unfortunately, he's not around anymore for me to ask.

Ike_on_pinball (resized).jpgIke_on_pinball (resized).jpg
#6896 5 years ago

Had a look at my catapult. It seems not to be perfectly straight in the cut-out. Seems like no wonder it would shoot to the right being like this. I think I will first try to adjust the mech direction by loosening the screws holding the mech to the playfield and seeing if there is any play in that. I read that many had opened up the mounting holes of the mech with a dremel to get the catapult straight. I may have to try that too.

Crooked (resized).JPGCrooked (resized).JPG
#6897 5 years ago
Quoted from GSones:

My cat always liked to lay on the glass. Bally's were his favorite since there wasn't too much slope but I think Houdini would be a bit too steep for proper cat sleeping. Unfortunately, he's not around anymore for me to ask.
[quoted image]

Beautiful cat! Sorry for your loss.

But yeah, proper cat beds are the top backbones of earlier games. Nice and warm.

#6898 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Had a look at my catapult. It seems not to be perfectly straight in the cut-out. Seems like no wonder it would shoot to the right being like this. I think I will first try to adjust the mech direction by loosening the screws holding the mech to the playfield and seeing if there is any play in that. I read that many had opened up the mounting holes of the mech with a dremel to get the catapult straight. I may have to try that too.[quoted image]

Yes, that's exactly what to do first.

The mech is in a super easy location. Tons of room.

10 min fix even if you have to dremel the mech.

While you got the game open, move the seance c target left 3/16" if you haven't already. Dremel out its mount too.

It's like night and day

#6899 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Guess I will have to call support, my number is invalid.

Mine doesn't work and you just reminded me that BarryJ never answered my e-mail about it, the nerve of him! I'll try bugging Nirmal about it next.

#6900 5 years ago

Get the EOS kit as well as the power supply, you need it.
Anything will work as a cover. Fleece blankets work great.
There are a couple services that print them custom with your images. Quite cool actually
also you can get cheap covers off Ebay, but they are a hassle to use unless for long term.

Thanks again for the advice! I had no clue what EOS was about, and watched a few videos elaborating on them. I guess that explains the hot coils one user mentioned earlier? Were these not installed on Houdini at some point? Are these a fairly easy installation?

Quoted from GSones:

[quoted image]

Seems like a pretty cool kitty. Glad he enjoyed his time chilling in a pretty cool spot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/138?hl=nirm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.