20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 297.
#6801 5 years ago

looks like power supply's out of stock

#6802 5 years ago

Sold out of the knocker kit again ?

#6803 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

...The condition is not continual. It happens once in awhile when everything is firing full speed, 5 ball MB. Flippers being bashed like crazy...

Maybe a long shot, but don't forget the coin door switch too. Are you nudging a lot more during multiball?

#6804 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

No, they have the knocker. Hope they get more power supplies.

#6805 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Maybe a long shot, but don't forget the coin door switch too. Are you nudging a lot more during multiball?

I thought about that but for me it's really the right flipper only, it seems to just shut off once in awhile for just a second. But only when certain things are going on in the game. It might be vibration related I'll have to continue looking for the source.

#6806 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

The store link on their main page takes you to only a portion of their items for sale. I have no idea why. This link shows you everything:

https://store.american-pinball.com/collections/all

Knocker is still in stock.

Can you have someone fix that, Barry? It's VERY confusing that when you click "STORE" on the top of your webpage, you're taken to a subset of your inventory for sale instead of all of it.

#6807 5 years ago

I had the same question, its a QR code. Do I scan it somehow?

Mine had the QR and a handwritten code of both letters and numbers- ended with my machine number.....I typed in the handwritten code and it worked.

#6808 5 years ago

Just go to “Store” scroll to bottom, then in “Search” put in “Houdini” and all items are revealed.

Including the sold out power supply.

#6809 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Just go to “Store” scroll to bottom, then in “Search” put in “Houdini” and all items are revealed.
Including the sold out power supply.

Clicking "All Products" at the top also shows everything. It's just that "all" should be the default and it's not for some reason.

#6810 5 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Mine had the QR and a handwritten code of both letters and numbers- ended with my machine number.....I typed in the handwritten code and it worked.

The QR just directs you to the instructions for installing the power supply, the hand written code did not work for me.

#6811 5 years ago

I thought about that but for me it's really the right flipper only, it seems to just shut off once in awhile for just a second. But only when certain things are going on in the game. It might be vibration related I'll have to continue looking for the source.

Good point. The mystery continues. lol

#6812 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Clicking "All Products" at the top also shows everything. It's just that "all" should be the default and it's not for some reason.

Funny enough, with my iPhone and with Safari on my Mac, “All Products” does not pull up everything. I only get the same 9 “featured” items. The other way brings up 16 items. Probably something to do with my ISO and browser.

Regardless, I tend to agree that when you only have 16 items, why feature half-ish of them? I suspect most will not be overwhelmed by being confronted with 16 items all at once.

#6813 5 years ago

The store link on their main page takes you to only a portion of their items for sale. I have no idea why. This link shows you everything:
https://store.american-pinball.com/collections/all
Knocker is still in stock.

Thank you .....now it won't take my code,will send off an email ......

#6814 5 years ago

Oh meine Güte - ein Oktoberfestkrug

A 17th item!

#6815 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Funny enough, with my iPhone and with Safari on my Mac, “All Products” does not pull up everything. I only get the same 9 “featured” items. The other way brings up 16 items. Probably something to do with my ISO and browser.
Regardless, I tend to agree that when you only have 16 items, why feature half-ish of them? I suspect most will not be overwhelmed by being confronted with 16 items all at once.

If you do "View All" button you get 9 products, but if you hit the menu thing in the upper right, and hit "All products" you do get all 16, at least on the iphone and ipad I just tried it on with iOS12.

Hopefully Barry gets them to fix the default to everything visible.

#6816 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you do "View All" button you get 9 products, but if you hit the menu thing in the upper right, and hit "All products" you do get all 16, at least on the iphone and ipad I just tried it on with iOS12.
Hopefully Barry gets them to fix the default to everything visible.

Agreed. No luck here with anything but the search method and the link transprtr4u supplied, but at least I now know about the Octoberfest Stein! Huzzah!
Of course I was going to order the Power Supply today, but they sold out - too funny.

On a different note: anyone experiencing a lot of dimpling on the pf? My flippers are not really high (22). I have noticed a number along Houdini’s brow, forehead and hair. Nothing that is easy to feel and does not impact play.
Anyone else seeing this Houdini acne?

#6817 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

Agreed. No luck here with anything but the search method and the link transprtr4u supplied, but at least I now know about the Octoberfest Stein! Huzzah!
Of course I was going to order the Power Supply today, but they sold out - too funny.
On a different note: anyone experiencing a lot of dimpling on the pf? My flippers are not really high (22). I have noticed a number along Houdini’s brow, forehead and hair. Nothing that is easy to feel and does not impact play.

Take a picture of the end of your playfield so we can see the wood layers (and look for markings while you're at it. There are two PF suppliers now. The one we have is the "original" supplier and dimpling is what I would call acceptable (at the better end of a Stern). I'll compare it to the layers on the PF we have and see if you have the "other" supplier's playfield.

#6818 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Take a picture of the end of your playfield so we can see the wood layers (and look for markings while you're at it. There are two PF suppliers now. The one we have is the "original" supplier and dimpling is what I would call acceptable (at the better end of a Stern). I'll compare it to the layers on the PF we have and see if you have the "other" supplier's playfield.

So now I’m concerned...

Here it is

75362F72-59FC-437C-B1DC-DC481ECC87DE (resized).jpeg75362F72-59FC-437C-B1DC-DC481ECC87DE (resized).jpeg
#6819 5 years ago

Here’s a view from the side. No markings I can see

2D5032D2-D7A1-4514-AE13-82EF041DE0F7 (resized).jpeg2D5032D2-D7A1-4514-AE13-82EF041DE0F7 (resized).jpeg
#6820 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

So now I’m concerned...
Here it is [quoted image]

I don't think it's necessarily cause for concern, but there may be differences in the wood of the two suppliers. I'll take a pic of the one I maintain on location tomorrow that was one of the first 80 made to see if there's a difference.

Are these atomic craters like some of the soft Sterns recently, or just noticible B/W/JJP-style divots that aren't deep?

#6821 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think it's necessarily cause for concern, but there may be differences in the wood of the two suppliers. I'll take a pic of the one I maintain on location tomorrow that was one of the first 80 made to see if there's a difference.
Are these atomic craters like some of the soft Sterns recently, or just noticible B/W/JJP-style divots that aren't deep?

I wouldn’t describe them as a Atomic. They are very tiny shallow dimples that can only be seen when the lights of the machine are off and viewed from something less than a 45° angle. I really don’t even feel them when I brush my hand over the playfield. There doesn’t appear to be any effect on play. Any information of course is appreciated by me, and I’m sure the other folks on the thread.

#6822 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

I wouldn’t describe them as a Atomic. They are very tiny shallow dimples that can only be seen when the lights of the machine are off and viewed from something less than a 45° angle. I really don’t even feel them when I brush my hand over the playfield. There doesn’t appear to be any effect on play. Any information of course is appreciated by me, and I’m sure the other folks on the thread.

Sounds like more or less normal dimpling to me, then. But I'll take a pic of the one here to compare the layers.

#6823 5 years ago
Quoted from zahner:

All playfields dimple.

Yours sounds like its normal.

Give it a couple thousand more plays it will all flatten out again.

#6824 5 years ago

Mine has what I would call very typical dimpling, if the clear coat was so shiny I don't think you'd notice it as much (like on a Stern).

#6825 5 years ago

All playfields dimple.
Yours sounds like its normal.
Give it a couple thousand more plays it will all flatten out again.

Learn something new every day. Been actively collecting since ‘95, but never had a brand new pin before, so really good to hear. Getting a new pin was on my pinball bucket list, and I’ve been very happy with Houdini so far. Eager for the software update and hope that fixes the Master Magician mode. Otherwise, the game has dialed in rather quickly and plays great.

#6826 5 years ago

During the catapult lock sequence, my truck spotlight doesn't light anymore. Light works on coil test. Do I need to wiggle something?

#6827 5 years ago

I observed the dimpling, like on a golf ball, right away. this being my first new game, I assumed it was normal. Also much harder to see under nonglare glass than regular. But I dont see any dimpling on my other machines, so it is a little concerning. I would have considered getting a playfiled protector from Germany if I knew this would happen. See at edge of the reflected spot light. Houdini's hair looks pretty bad with all the contiguous dimples.

20181104_121212 (resized).jpg20181104_121212 (resized).jpg
#6828 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

I observed the dimpling, like on a golf ball, right away. this being my first new game, I assumed it was normal. Also much harder to see under nonglare glass than regular. But I dont see any dimpling on my other machines, so it is a little concerning. I would have considered getting a playfiled protector from Germany if I knew this would happen. See at edge of the reflected spot light. Houdini's hair looks pretty bad with all the contiguous dimples.
[quoted image]

Give it time, it will end up being a light or very mild "orange peel" texture just like all games.

#6829 5 years ago
Quoted from kdecgp:

During the catapult lock sequence, my truck spotlight doesn't light anymore. Light works on coil test. Do I need to wiggle something?

Your flasher has likely wiggled loose from the socket of the spotlight. Fix it like this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights#post-4402506

#6830 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

[quoted image]

Do you mean this protector?

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/CqD9Z5WE1E6wFeV85-0lDg?catgoryid=22&name=Houdini%20%7C%202017%20%7C%20Playfield%20Protector

I was going to ask if it's necessary. I do remember a post way earlier in the thread from rosh where he stated if they switched playfields, it would be for the better.

My invoice is signed and payment sent, and the sale will be going through tomorrow. Is this something I should be concerned about, and maybe shift to another brand like Jersey Jack?

I definitely agree with Ritchie, but also people's concerns when they buy for home use versus an arcade. If newer wood is more composite based, maybe dimpling does occur more frequently, but also wouldn't mylar on the table during production protect even better than older types used 20-30 years ago?

This thread from five years ago discusses things at length too, regarding older playfields getting dimpling as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

#6831 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

[quoted image]

Annoying, yes. And normal

#6832 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Do you mean this protector?
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/CqD9Z5WE1E6wFeV85-0lDg?catgoryid=22&name=Houdini%20%7C%202017%20%7C%20Playfield%20Protector
I was going to ask if it's necessary. I do remember a post way earlier in the thread from Rosh where he stated if they switched playfields, it would be for the better.
My invoice is signed and payment sent, and the sale will be going through tomorrow. Is this something I should be concerned about, and maybe shift to another brand like Jersey Jack?

I definitely agree with Ritchie, but also people's concerns when they buy for home use versus an arcade. If newer wood is more composite based, maybe dimpling does occur more frequently, but also wouldn't mylar on the table during production protect even better than older types used 20-30 years ago?
This thread from five years ago discusses things at length too, regarding older playfields getting dimpling as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/playfield-dimple-reality-check

You are overthinking all of this.
Dimples appear and then disappear. It's absolutely normal.

Cratering on the other hand happens when soft wood is accidentally allowed in the mix of thousands of playfields.

You will know cratering when or if you see it. They are huge deep dents that deflect the ball in play.

Manufacturers will replace these if they show up.

But for 99.9% of the playfields out there you wont have a problem.

There is no newer wood or older wood. It all comes from the maple sugar trees as a by product from used up maple trees.

That said, as an organic product, there will be variations. This is what warranties are for.

This has been going on from before pinball existed.

#6833 5 years ago

The Boxcar in Raleigh now has a Houdini. Looks quite new still and plays well. They also added Deadpool and removed TNA. That place always seems to be doing a good business, and it's nice to see the pinball is front and center with vids in the back. Things I noticed while I was there...

nobody played this but us - Deadpool, Dialed In
Star Wars - was constantly being played, I never got a game in.
got a fair amount of play - Batman 66, Spider Man vault, GOT
Aerosmith - nobody played
Iron Maiden - got a small amount of play, ball stuck in sarcophagus
Ghost Busters - got a small amount of play
AFM remake - 2nd highest played after SW, I did not get a game in.
Houdini - got a good amount of play
Hobbit - fair amount of play

#6834 5 years ago

I have approximately 150 total plays on Houdini & have experienced some dimpling. Though I turned my flipper power down I still get an occasional air-ball that absolutely contributes to dimpling. The air-balls are usually a results of hitting the séance targets head on (especially at an angle) & occurs more often on the first three far left (sea) targets. I'm at 22 (left) & 21 (right) on the flipper power & don't want to scale back due to weaker flippers taking away from the gameplay. I also have a small fracture in one plastic from an air-ball, but really need to install those plastic protectors. Overall, very pleased w/ this very unique & incredible title! No regrets!!!

#6835 5 years ago

Yes. I have never tried one of theae. I heard from one person that it slows down the ball. But sounds like it isnt necessary.

#6836 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Yes. I have never tried one of theae. I heard from one person that it slows down the ball. But sounds like it isnt necessary.

I dont think it is either, unless you don't play it at all and want to keep it NIB.

Me, I play the heck out of them, fix or restore them, and beat them up again.

But that's just me...

#6837 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

I despise full playfield protectors. Yuck.

#6838 5 years ago

You are overthinking all of this.
Dimples appear and then disappear. It's absolutely normal.
Cratering on the other hand happens when soft wood is accidentally allowed in the mix of thousands of playfields.
You will know cratering when or if you see it. They are huge deep dents that deflect the ball in play.
Manufacturers will replace these if they show up.
But for 99.9% of the playfields out there you wont have a problem.
There is no newer wood or older wood. It all comes from the maple sugar trees as a by product from used up maple trees.
That said, as an organic product, there will be variations. This is what warranties are for.
This has been going on from before pinball existed.

I was really kind of reading along with the prior concerns. I've never owned a table, but before tomorrow hits, when over $7K flutters away, I feel it's pretty reasonable to wonder and worry what might occur, given I have yet to go down this path.

That said, this is no different than buying a car, it has purpose, and in using it for that purpose, it will definitely damage it in the process, and that's okay. Most days I wonder if I cared about damaging my body, as much as a material item, I'd be looking and feeling much better than I do most days, haha!

And I can't imagine those entire playfield protectors would impact the gameplay in a good fashion, or be easy to apply. At that point, that's like 15% of the cost of a new playfield anyway, or 1/70 of a new game.

#6839 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I was really kind of reading along with the prior concerns. I've never owned a table, but before tomorrow hits, when over $7K flutters away, I feel it's pretty reasonable to wonder and worry what might occur, given I have yet to go down this path.
That said, this is no different than buying a car, it has purpose, and in using it for that purpose, it will definitely damage it in the process, and that's okay. Most days I wonder if I cared about damaging my body, as much as a material item, I'd be looking and feeling much better than I do most days, haha!
And I can't imagine those entire playfield protectors would impact the gameplay in a good fashion, or be easy to apply. At that point, that's like 15% of the cost of a new playfield anyway, or 1/70 of a new game.

Enjoy your new game and play the heck out of it. They are durable and designed to take a beating, and not only survive but thrive and ask for more.

#6840 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

My personal feeling regarding the playfield protectors is that I don’t like them. Not my cup of tea. I had one on a fathom for a while. The ball play was totally weird. You get a lot a backspin, and just odd ball physics. The other problem with it was constant ball hangups in odd spots. Finally got frustrated with it after a few months and cut it off of the playfield. To be fair, I know another collector who uses them and likes them. So, once again, just not my cup of tea.

#6841 5 years ago

Enjoy your new game and play the heck out of it. They are durable and designed to take a beating, and not only survive but thrive and ask for more.

Yeah, I'm pretty psyched about home ownership, the differences between getting to know a machine more so than just walking into an arcade or brewery and tossing money at it, and walking away. This will be an entirely new experience, that's for sure!

I've seen some recommendations for Novus#2 as well as Carnuba Wax. Is there a preference amongst folks, or different uses for each? Should that be applied before I even start playing? Do the balls need wiped/polished before use?

And a couple more questions, do people usually plug their pins into decent quality power adapters/strips? And do you turn them off always after play? (I assume you would.)

#6842 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, I'm pretty psyched about home ownership, the differences between getting to know a machine more so than just walking into an arcade or brewery and tossing money at it, and walking away. This will be an entirely new experience, that's for sure!
I've seen some recommendations for Novus#2 as well as Carnuba Wax. Is there a preference amongst folks, or different uses for each? Should that be applied before I even start playing? Do the balls need wiped/polished before use?
And a couple more questions, do people usually plug their pins into decent quality power adapters/strips? And do you turn them off always after play? (I assume you would.)

Novus 2 should be used for getting plastics shined up. ONLY. You are wearing down the clearcoat and eventually would get down to the artwork. Don't do it. It would realistically take *years* of using Novus 2 before this really occurred, but why bother? It is not necessary.

To clean old /gross wax, use Naptha (not Novus!) you can get this at HD unless you live in California. Naptha is the chemical name, one brand name is Klean Strip VM&P Naphtha. Then use Blitz wax or one of the other recommended real, actual waxes. I know Blitz is good so I recommend that. Lots of other regular car waxes have silicon in them which you don't want anywhere near the pinball.

#6843 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Plug the game directly into the wall.

Extension cords have to be the heavy type like outdoor ones. The heavier the better.

Use the shortest extension you can, if using one.

Skinny home cords limit the current to the game, so do multi outlet strips. They are never recommended.

Turn the game off if left unattended for an extended amount of time.
You can leave it plugged in though unless there is a lightening storm.

Buy a can of P21S pure carnauba in the silver can, or Blitz 1000 pure carnauba.
These are the correct waxes.

The game should be waxed before playing. Or at least before the 1st 150 plays.

Apply a very thin coat (think of what fingerprints on glass looks like), yes that thin.

You can wax ramps, plastics or pretty much anything you want. Just use it very sparingly.

And wipe it all off. Then vacuum everything with a small cheap shopvac.

Buy a small bottle of Ronson regular lighter fluid (not the aerosol butane) (get the blue and yellow plastic bottle). It's pure naphtha. Use it for wax removal as needed. You don't need a gallon can from home depot.

Generally re-waxing removes old dirty wax from new games, but if the wax is gray and dirty looking after waxing it's time to strip with naphtha and apply fresh wax.

You only have to wax areas that the ball will roll on.

Use novus 2 to remove ball tracks that are ground into the wax, if naphtha wont remove them.

Put a small amount on a damp rag and rub until clean.

Wax over any area that was de-waxed.

So you need some microfiber cloths, naphtha, wax, wax applicators and novus 2.

Amazon has cheap kits of supplies as well as the proper waxes.

I use wooden spoon handles wrapped with microfiber towels to reach difficult areas.

Cut off pieces of 1/4" or 3/8" wooden dowels rounded off also work well, they can also be soaked and bent to fit in small areas.

I use sparkle glass cleaner and kirkland paper towels on glass and rails, coin doors etc.

I use mist n shine to clean the playfield and plastics between waxings.

I wax and change balls out every 350-500 plays.

#6844 5 years ago

Plug the game directly into the wall.
Extension cords have to be the heavy type like outdoor ones. The heavier the better.
Use the shortest extension you can, if using one.
Skinny home cords limit the current to the game, so do multi outlet strips. They are never recommended.
Turn the game off if left unattended for an extended amount of time.
You can leave it plugged in though unless there is a lightening storm.
Buy a can of P21S pure carnauba in the silver can, or Blitz 1000 pure carnauba.
These are the correct waxes.
The game should be waxed before playing. Or at least before the 1st 150 plays.
Apply a very thin coat (think of what fingerprints on glass looks like), yes that thin.
You can wax ramps, plastics or pretty much anything you want. Just use it very sparingly.
And wipe it all off. Then vacuum everything with a small cheap shopvac.
Buy a small bottle of Ronson regular lighter fluid (not the aerosol butane) (get the blue and yellow plastic bottle). It's pure naphtha. Use it for wax removal as needed. You don't need a gallon can from home depot.
Generally re-waxing removes old dirty wax from new games, but if the wax is gray and dirty looking after waxing it's time to strip with naphtha and apply fresh wax.
You only have to wax areas that the ball will roll on.
Use novus 2 to remove ball tracks that are ground into the wax, if naphtha wont remove them.
Put a small amount on a damp rag and rub until clean.
Wax over any area that was de-waxed.
So you need some microfiber cloths, naphtha, wax, wax applicators and novus 2.
Amazon has cheap kits of supplies as well as the proper waxes.
I use wooden spoon handles wrapped with microfiber towels to reach difficult areas.
Cut off pieces of 1/4" or 3/8" wooden dowels rounded off also work well, they can also be soaked and bent to fit in small areas.
I use sparkle glass cleaner and kirkland paper towels on glass and rails, coin doors etc.
I use mist n shine to clean the playfield and plastics between waxings.
I wax and change balls out every 350-500 plays.

Rdoyle1978 and @pinballinreno, thanks so much for the recommendations, and time you both spent in replying to me! It's genuinely really appreciated, as I'm just learning the ropes for sure!

Amazon doesn't carry Blitz 1000 currently, for some reason, but Pinball Life does, so I think I'll pick this up from them!

https://www.pinballlife.com/blitz-carnauba-paste-wax-12-ounce-jar.html

Would these sponges work well for picking up the wax after applying?

https://www.pinballlife.com/blitz-applicator-sponge.html

Are these good for general ramp and metal cleanup?

https://www.pinballlife.com/alcohol-free-dollar-bill-cleaning-card.html

I think I'll hold off on Novus2 for a month or so, until I get to that point.

My Houdini is arriving hopefully this Friday, so I'm finally lining all of these things up, and actually getting excited for once, rather than just stressed, haha!

Thanks again so much for the extensive recommendations!

Oh, and I don't own a handtruck/dolly. It's supposed to be arriving via a truck with a liftgate. Would you recommend picking one up prior to delivery, just in case the delivery folks don't have one?

#6845 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Are these good for general ramp and metal cleanup?

Those are for cleaning switch contacts, you shouldn't need those yet.

Paper towels and old Terry cloth rags as well as some micro fiber cloths is all you need.

#6846 5 years ago

Those are for cleaning switch contacts, you shouldn't need those yet.
Paper towels and old Terry cloth rags as well as some micro fiber cloths is all you need.

Will those sponges be good?

So I found this Sparkle cleaner.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006FQQ0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_hpo4BbTHZEJSM

And these kirkland microfiber wipes.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GARQKII/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_lro4Bb4Y2M6AG

Thanks again for the tips!

#6847 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Will those sponges be good?
So I found this Sparkle cleaner.
amazon.com link »
And these kirkland microfiber wipes.
amazon.com link »
Thanks again for the tips!

Those towels look great.

Sparkle glass cleaner is sold at ace hardware and other places. You might call around

These should do for wiping off dried wax after application:

https://www.amazon.com/Polyte-Microfiber-Cleaning-Cloth-Pack/dp/B07BSMMP1Q/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

And this for buffing after waxings:

https://www.amazon.com/Detailers-Choice-3-743-Flannel-Dusters/dp/B0009KMHMK/ref=mp_s_a_1_3

I like the sponge applicators;

https://www.amazon.com/Aumo-mate-Waxing-Polish-Applicator-Vehicle/dp/B00T3WRFW2/ref=mp_s_a_1_11

Used toothbrushes for getting wax bits out of star posts.

Terry shop towels for dirty coil jobs or polishing metal, general grime etc :

https://www.amazon.com/Cleaning-Solutions-79078-Cotton-Washcloths/dp/B0794SLW55/ref=mp_s_a_1_10

#6848 5 years ago

Those towels look great.
Sparkle glass cleaner is sold at ace hardware and other places. You might call around
These should do for wiping off dried wax after application:
amazon.com link »
And this for buffing after waxings:
amazon.com link »
I like the sponge applicators;
amazon.com link »
Used toothbrushes for getting wax bits out of star posts.
Terry shop towels for dirty coil jobs or polishing metal, general grime etc :
amazon.com link »

Excellent! I'll grab all four of the links you posted! Thank you for taking the time to research and link me!

So those Polyte Microfiber clothes are good rather than the more expensive Kirkland ones?

Is this wax cruddy?

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/mothers-california-gold-brazilian-carnauba-cleaner-wax-paste-12-oz-05500/7111061-P?searchTerm=Wax+carnauba#customer-reviews-d

If so, I'll just grab the Blitz One Grand from Pinball Life, which everyone seems to love.

#6849 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Excellent! I'll grab all four of the links you posted! Thank you for taking the time to research and link me!
So those Polyte Microfiber clothes are good rather than the more expensive Kirkland ones?
Is this wax cruddy?
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/mothers-california-gold-brazilian-carnauba-cleaner-wax-paste-12-oz-05500/7111061-P?searchTerm=Wax+carnauba#customer-reviews-d
If so, I'll just grab the Blitz One Grand from Pinball Life, which everyone seems to love.

Always buy from PBL. I have spent thousands of dollars there, and they are always accommodating, always have a great selection and the prices are good!

#6850 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

...https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/mothers-california-gold-brazilian-carnauba-cleaner-wax-paste-12-oz-05500/7111061-P?searchTerm=Wax+carnauba#customer-reviews-d....

Just repeating what is a common practice in the pinball community: It is preferred that the carnauba wax doesn't contain any silicone. All carnauba waxes have additives otherwise it is hard as a rock. Apparently beeswax is preferred since products with silicone present problems when painting

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 49.99
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mclean, VA
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,809 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/137?hl=barryj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.