20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 297.
#6551 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

2nd time to wizard mode Houdini letters and both times game has rebooted. This time it waited until my ball drained during the mode. I think this needs to be fixed in the next update.

There’s a fix in the latest beta, but the game still reboots eventually - hopefully there will be another update soon after

#6552 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Where do most people have their settings? Mine were all over the place until I put the new power supply in. Now I'm not sure where to set everything Thanks

I actually just reset everything to the defaults and had to adjust the scoop coil down, but that was it

#6553 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:Where do most people have their settings? Mine were all over the place until I put the new power supply in. Now I'm not sure where to set everything Thanks

I had to move up my trunk shot coul to 27 the pops I like a little more pep so 26 all others on default.
That catapult shot I kept bumping up till it cleared the lip of the trunk.

#6554 5 years ago

I also had to increase the trunk shot a few times. Bumped the left flipper up 1, so far so good on coil strength. No flipper dropping during multiball, so that is definitely a good thing. New power supply is louder than the original.

#6555 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Where do most people have their settings? Mine were all over the place until I put the new power supply in. Now I'm not sure where to set everything Thanks

Check my post 6468.

#6556 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I also had to increase the trunk shot a few times. Bumped the left flipper up 1, so far so good on coil strength. No flipper dropping during multiball, so that is definitely a good thing. New power supply is louder than the original.

I would say the fan noise is somewhere between a Stern and Spooky.
So not abnormally loud but you can here that its on more so with the glass off.

#6557 5 years ago

Hope we European customers can get the powersupply fix from our distributors.
Actually no response from them how to deal with.

Hope AP will find a solution with them, so that the european distributors can fullfill their warranty to us.

Actually i play Houdini not a lot... Cause with the mushy flippers are not really fun.
But I'm looking forward to get the powersupply hopefully in the next 3 month so that i can enjoy this great game more then yet.

#6558 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Reinstall green standard settings and adjust to your liking from there. Mine is set super easy and I earn 2M point per game with a downhill breeze. I like having lots of success along the way and a fighting chance. Also enjoy dancing, walking on the beach and long ball times.
0A9A1192-FF10-4A17-9A43-073BBF3DD180 (resized).jpeg0A9A1192-FF10-4A17-9A43-073BBF3DD180 (resized).jpegA31144A9-4812-4DEB-A914-E5FC74FE218C (resized).jpegA31144A9-4812-4DEB-A914-E5FC74FE218C (resized).jpegA805A55F-F250-43FE-8F8A-DF07F72ACA44 (resized).jpegA805A55F-F250-43FE-8F8A-DF07F72ACA44 (resized).jpegFEA822C3-12E8-41F1-8845-1D1E55922263 (resized).jpegFEA822C3-12E8-41F1-8845-1D1E55922263 (resized).jpeg

#6559 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Hope we European customers can get the powersupply fix from our distributors.
Actually now response from them how to deal with.
Hope AP will find a solution with them, so that the european distributors can fullfill their warranty to us.
Actually i play Houdini not a lot... Cause with the mushy flippers are not really fun.
But I'm looking forward to get the powersupply hopefully in the next 3 month so that i can enjoy this great game more then yet.

The EOS switches are a must in my opinion. Its the first step to making the flippers strong.

#6560 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

The EOS switches are a must in my opinion. Its the first step to making the flippers strong.

After installing the power mod, I haven’t felt like the flippers needed anything; they are super stable now. I wonder if anyone will put this together as a mod, as I’m not that keen on installing these as a test, but it would be good to know if they are objectively necessary

#6561 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

After installing the power mod, I haven’t felt like the flippers needed anything; they are super stable now. I wonder if anyone will put this together as a mod, as I’m not that keen on installing these as a test, but it would be good to know if they are objectively necessary

Without the game knowing that a flipper is down, a flipper will stay down until it is pressed twice.

It happens a lot during extended multiballs that start on seance but end up in trunk multiball.

I've seen it the most during a 5 ball multiball.

The flippers are way stronger with the new power supply but can still be knocked down as they are only 48v.

Adding a supplimental 20v to the flippers only, would fix it for good.

Even William's 70v flippers have EOS switches to solve the knock down issue.

#6562 5 years ago

Without the game knowing that a flipper is down, a flipper will stay down until it is pressed twice.
It happens a lot during extended multiballs that start on seance but end up in trunk multiball.
I've seen it the most during a 5 ball multiball.
The flippers are way stronger with the new power supply but can still be knocked down as they are only 48v.
Adding a supplimental 20v to the flippers only, would fix it for good.
Even William's 70v flippers have EOS switches to solve the knock down issue.

I think I get this issue too.
I believed that I had pressed the button but flipper was down
Sorry for the question, but if this is a factory issue why AP does not provide this power supply for free?

#6563 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry for the question, but if this is a factory issue why AP does not provide this power supply for free?

Email API and ask?

#6564 5 years ago

My trunk shots are dead center since installing power upgrade. But during our halloween party, with multiple pins running, ball started to clip the front trunk lip. I boosted coil 1 point to 28 and it cleared the lip fine and still stayed centered. That is the highest setting I've used, and it is a wicked fast shot that you miss if you blink slowly. Master magician mode still resets for me in the current beta. Josh says it will be fixed on next release. Finally played movie binge, but wasnt clear on what to do. I need to a screen capture so I can see what is going on.

#6565 5 years ago

I can’t speak for AP, but if it were my company, The answer would be “not everyone has the power issue, so we want to reserve these units for the people who need it most.”

#6566 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can’t speak for AP, but if it were my company, The answer would be “not everyone has the power issue, so we want to reserve these units for the people who need it most.”

Well, its not a Big deal. AP has , and has order for enough to make all customers right. As of last week only 150 had ordered it. So it is up to individual, but I reccomend it for all in the long run.

#6567 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Well, its not a Big deal. AP has , and has order for enough to make all customers right. As of last week only 150 had ordered it. So it is up to individual, but I reccomend it for all in the long run.

Yep!

#6568 5 years ago

EOS installed. It helped a bit. But you can feel that all Coils sometimes have not enough power or too much:

- Scoop kickout need two tries, somestimes one but the ball comes out not in consistent pace.
- Trunkshots work 2 shots in a row and then 3 shots. The ball lands in front of the trunk or flyes against the trunk.
- VUK to right ramp works every second ball.
- Flippers feel ok, then they feel overpowered and the targets creating airballs.

#6569 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

EOS installed. It helped a bit. But you can feel that all Coils sometimes have not enough power or too much:
- Scoop kickout need two tries, somestimes one but the ball comes out not in consistent pace.
- Trunkshots work 2 shots in a row and then 3 shots. The ball lands in front of the trunk or flyes against the trunk.
- Flippers feel ok, then they feel overpowered and the targets creating airballs.

Sounds like your a candidate for the Power supply upgrade. Have you ordered it yet?

#6570 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I have similar problems. The lower catapult misses very often the trunk (either its too low or the ball goes to right) and also power settings for upper VUK and the Seance hole seems to vary from one day to another. Plus one switch is giving me problems. The pin does not work properly at this stage and is therefore not much fun to play. Seems that the power upgrade for us EU-customers is a must for this pin.

#6571 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Sounds like your a candidate for the Power supply upgrade. Have you ordered it yet?

Hi Eric,

i wrote my Distributor and AP. No answer from the distributor yet. AP told me the solution is actually only for US and Canadian customers, cause shipping is high and they have to figure out how to deal with.

Also our european law says that issues that are displayed in the first six months must be eliminated by the distributor. So I hope my distributor comes his duty to fix the issue (he has three attempts). Either he fixes the error (powersupplyfix) or he reduces the purchase price (then I would order it directly from AP).

Unfortunately, it is very annoying that it is going on like this. I would swap everything myself and relieve the istributor, but I'm not ready to pay another $ 150 + shipping + tax + customs from my own pocket when we have consumer protection laws in the EU.

But in spite of everything I'm happy with the communication and support from American Pinball. Barry and the whole Team do a phantastic job. Also I like houdini. It's a great fun game and I hope someday it will work flawless!

#6572 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Hi Eric,
i wrote my Distributor and AP. No answer from the distributor yet. AP told me the solution is actually only for US and Canadian customers, cause shipping is high and they have to figure out how to deal with.
Also our european law says that issues that are displayed in the first six months must be eliminated by the distributor. So I hope my distributor comes his duty to fix the issue (he has three attempts). Either he fixes the error (powersupplyfix) or he reduces the purchase price (then I would order it directly from AP).
Unfortunately, it is very annoying that it is going on like this. I would swap everything myself and relieve the istributor, but I'm not ready to pay another $ 150 + shipping + tax + customs from my own pocket when we have consumer protection laws in the EU.
But in spite of everything I'm happy with the communication and support from American Pinball. Barry and the whole Team do a phantastic job. Also I like houdini. It's a great fun game and I hope someday it will work flawless!

Definitely sounds like you need the power supply upgrade.

It stabilizes the power throughout the whole game.

After all of the fixes my game is pretty rock solid now.

#6573 5 years ago

I don’t think I get a power issue but sometime in multiball I get the feeling that the flipper missed an order.
And the lower catapult shot is less consistent and succeeded. Don’t if it is power issue.

#6574 5 years ago

I don’t think I get a power issue but sometime in multiball I get the feeling that the flipper missed an order.
And the lower catapult shot is less consistent and succeeded. Don’t if it is power issue.

Yes, you just described the power issue

#6575 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Isn’t the first shot in Bullet Catch to the inner loop? Or am I misunderstanding what you meant

Sorry, just saw this post.
I shot the ball into the stage just as the announcer counted down to zero from a Film Mode.
Bullet Catch was the mode on the stage mini LCD.
Door shut on the ball, then nothing for 20+ seconds.
The Bullet Catch mode never started. A ball came out of the scoop and then it was just random play. No announcement on shotting this or that or the video associated with Bullet Catch mode.

#6576 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Sorry, just saw this post.
I shot the ball into the stage just as the announcer counted down to zero from a Film Mode.
Bullet Catch was the mode on the stage mini LCD.
Door shut on the ball, then nothing for 20+ seconds.
The Bullet Catch mode never started. A ball came out of the scoop and then it was just random play. No announcement on shotting this or that or the video associated with Bullet Catch mode.

Looks like a defective motor for the captive ball. Had the same problem and got a new theatermech from AP.

#6577 5 years ago

Is there an award to collect for each mode when completed or just points for some of them?

#6578 5 years ago

Is there an award to collect for each mode when completed or just points for some of them?

If you complete several modes, you receive a Houdini letter

#6579 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If you complete several modes, you receive a Houdini letter

Ok but I don’t know how to complete some of them.
For example one mode is asking to keep shooting the spinner. Until what?
One is asking to hit each target. Until what?

#6580 5 years ago

http://tiltforums.com/t/houdini-rulesheet/3934

#6581 5 years ago

Until you hear the applause.

#6582 5 years ago

Keep hitting it until it says to do something else. The game reacts immediately - You are overthinking it

#6583 5 years ago

In some of the FILM modes there can be a delay where the screen is animating something before you know you've really completed it. The biggest culprit is Haldane where you have to keep hitting the spinner to make the Water Wheel spin faster until it spins off the axle and the mode is complete. In general though you should always be able to tell when illusions have been completed because all the inserts will flash Red several times, there will be cheering and the music or other background sounds stop. There will also no longer be instructions on what to shoot next on the small screen.

#6584 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

In some of the FILM modes there can be a delay where the screen is animating something before you know you've really completed it. The biggest culprit is Haldane where you have to keep hitting the spinner to make the Water Wheel spin faster until it spins off the axle and the mode is complete. In general though you should always be able to tell when illusions have been completed because all the inserts will flash Red several times, there will be cheering and the music or other background sounds stop. There will also no longer be instructions on what to shoot next on the small screen.

The fact remains that after the many games that i have played; it is almost never obvious (to me) as to when you have completed a mode and there is significant delay on some of the indicators. Sometimes the applause is way understated and hard to tell the difference from the boos , which are very prominent. Lighting changes (flashing insert moving to new shot) is also somewhat delayed.

I am hoping for polish in these regards.

bazinga!

#6585 5 years ago

anyone have the install instructions for the new power supply? sorry if I missed it. TIA

#6586 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Here are the installation instructions for the power supply also available on our website. click on the first page.
[quoted image]

Found it!

#6587 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

Code for the $150 will come in the box

Barry - I did not see any code in the box. I double checked and nothing that looks like a website store code.
What should I do?
Thanks,
Rob

#6588 5 years ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

Barry - I did not see any code in the box. I double checked and nothing that looks like a website store code.
What should I do?
Thanks,
Rob

You didn't get a little piece of paper with a QR code on it? That had your code on it.. For any reason it is lost, email me at [email protected] with your name and s/n of your Houdini and I will email you your code!

#6589 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'm assuming the Houdini toppers they mentioned at Pinburgh weren't released / shown at Expo?

Yes the topper was available for sale at the show. Looked wonderful.

#6590 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Which topper? was it this one? If so, it’s really cool in person. Nice looking and nice lighting effects.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#6591 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

You didn't get a little piece of paper with a QR code on it? That had your code on it.. For any reason it is lost, email me at [email protected] with your name and s/n of your Houdini and I will email you your code!

Any ETA on the knocker kits being back in stock, I'm ordering the Power Supply and would like to use my credit for that and a shaker kit.

#6592 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

I think they would have announced it or there would have been photos.

They said they were working on 2 or 3 different designs at PinBurgh.

The Tilt Topper topper is good, but I don't think it has anything to do with them.

Maybe the project got canned or they're not ready.

#6593 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Looks like a defective motor for the captive ball. Had the same problem and got a new theatermech from AP.

Yikes!
Seems to happen only before bullet catch and the ball goes into the stage and locks.
Is there a way to test to be sure it's the mech and not the software?

#6594 5 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Yikes!
Seems to happen only before bullet catch and the ball goes into the stage and locks.
Is there a way to test to be sure it's the mech and not the software?

If the stage door is opening and closing and the captive ball is successfully allowing the locked ball to drop through to the subway (feeds the scoop lock/kickout) I don't think you have a defective motor or assembly. Can you better explain what happens? Bullet Catch should progress like this:

Stage is open and captive ball is in the "hold" position.
Ball enters stage, door closes, mode starts.
Captive ball lowers (you can't see this as the stage is closed) and drops ball into scoop lock.
Ball is released into play, depending on where you have balls locked this may come from the scoop, the left lock or a new ball from the trough is ejected from the shooter lane, this is random but most often will be from the scoop.
Right inner lane is lit to "load the gun"
Hit right inner lane, ball is diverted to VUK, kicked over to the lower catapult and shot into the trunk. Trunk diverter should not open thereby "locking" the ball in the upper catapult.
New ball is entered into play, again this could be from any of the three possible locations.
Shots are lit, one at a time from left to right, starting with the Milkcan loop, moving to the left orbit, stage alley, key lane, etc. until you hit that shot which will then "fire the gun and catch the bullet" and start a two ball multiball by launching the ball from the upper catapult into play. During this MB whatever "fire" shot you scored and the right inner loop will score your bullet catch award until you lose one ball.

#6595 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Any ETA on the knocker kits being back in stock, I'm ordering the Power Supply and would like to use my credit for that and a shaker kit.

Beginning of November they should be available.

#6596 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think they would have announced it or there would have been photos.
They said they were working on 2 or 3 different designs at PinBurgh.
The Tilt Topper topper is good, but I don't think it has anything to do with them.
Maybe the project got canned or they're not ready.

We were selling it at expo. I believe the price is $235.00 Comes with mounting hardware and external 12V power supply. We should have it on our web site today.

Topper (resized).jpgTopper (resized).jpg
#6597 5 years ago

I asked to my distributor to provide me a power supply as it is terrific actually unfortunately. No catapult is working properly. Got 0% for both on my last 2-3 games! The more I play the more it is inconsistent.
What is your flipper and catapult coil power set up? Mine are factory set up.
My playfield is 6,3º. I used to hit the ramp quite easily, now I need a perfect shot to go up.

#6598 5 years ago

I asked to my distributor to provide me a power supply as it is terrific actually unfortunately. No catapult is working properly. Got 0% for both on my last 2-3 games! The more I play the more it is inconsistent.
My playfield is 6,3º. I used to hit the ramp quite easily, now I need a perfect shot to go up.

Everyone has had to adjust their catapult settings, as they are very location-power specific. I find the factory settings for the flippers to be strong so I left them at default. other players have had to add 1 power to the settings, you
May want to try that

#6599 5 years ago

After playing my game for a couple weeks with the power supply upgrade, and adjusting my settings for it, I cant believe how stable it is.
My catapult is basically flawless, once in awhile a ball will bounce off the lip of the trunk and still go in, but thats the extent of it. It hasnt failed to make the trunk.

All of the coils in the game are consistant other than the scoop.

The scoop is still 50% accurate but doesnt go SDTM. The ball just bounces off the top of the right sling instead of draining to the right flipper.

I would like to increase the time on the scoop eject ball save 5 seconds.

#6600 5 years ago

After playing my game for a couple weeks with the power supply upgrade, and adjusting my settings for it, I cant believe how stable it is.
My catapult is basically flawless, once in awhile a ball will bounce off the lip of the trunk and still go in, but thats the extent of it. It hasnt failed to make the trunk.
All of the coils in the game are consistant other than the scoop.
The scoop is still 50% accurate but doesnt go SDTM. The ball just bounces off the top of the right sling instead of draining to the right flipper.
I would like to increase the time on the scoop eject ball save 5 seconds.
One last tweak Im making is to widen the stage alley entrance slightly. Im getting a lot of rattle/rejects here. It can be improved.
Moving the seance standup target 3/32" to the right, on the right side. This wont narrow the keylane shot as most people have already bent the deflection tab out 1/8" already to stop the dead drops from the keylane from going SDTM.

My scoop has been pesky in the same way since installing the upgrade. Wonder if it is work widening the hole on the steel ball guide to push the ball out more toward the flipper?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/132?hl=barryj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.