20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 297.
#6501 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

My trunk shot went from being perfect to consistently going to far to the left. Power is perfect but direction is off. I can't see any possibility to adjust for direction?

Quoted from tatapolus:

Same here, but it's going to the right.

Did you guys get the power supply add on emails from your distributor?
The power box add on is a fix for consistent power flow.

#6502 5 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

Same here, but it's going to the right.

Let's hope someone knows what to do.

#6504 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

My trunk shot went from being perfect to consistently going to far to the left. Power is perfect but direction is off. I can't see any possibility to adjust for direction?

Much has been said about it in this thread.

Do you have the upgraded power supply?

I would get that first. Then adjust the mech by adjusting the power or tilting it with washers or slotting out the mounting holes to allow for sideways adjustments.

#6505 5 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Are there plans for a headphone kit for Houdini?

Contact Mark at pinnovators.

#6506 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I would get that first. Then adjust the mech by adjusting the power or tilting it with washers or slotting out the mounting holes to allow for sideways adjustments.

If the misses are consistent rather than intermittent, you might also try the cleaning procedure posted on the Api suport page. If the misses are intermittent, it is probably power related.

#6507 5 years ago

Greetings fellow Houdini enthusiasts, I just joined the club! We (my wife & I) just acquired this phenomenal machine this past weekend & we absolutely made the right choice. After playing Houdini for virtually all weekend, I can unquestionably state that Houdini has everything that defines an A + title status ~ Playfield layout, deep rule-set, incredible theme, beautiful art, fantastic lightshow, alluring callouts, jaw dropping catapult & very unique in every category!!! AP designed & produced a masterpiece that is an original & fresh depiction that separates itself from the rest of the pinball manufactures.

As we just added this machine to the lineup, I have a few curiosities that hopefully can be answered?
* What is the purpose of the chain links?
* If whomever answers this next question, then you are the Houdini aficionado > Alex, I'll take Houdini for $500! Anyhow > I was standing back from the machine & I noticed that the start button has a purposely intended "morse code" message. What is that intermittent pulsating light on the start button communicating? Rosh, feel free to chime in if this isn't solved within a weeks time...?

As of now, I have the machine on easy settings, a 6.1 or so level & the glass off ~ Just kidding on the latter! After several scores in the low to upper 2 millions, I had a monster score...! I have no clue how this was possible, but I (& the Pinside community) are looking very forward to the mini & wizard modes.

Albeit, this game rocks!!!!!!

002 (resized).JPG002 (resized).JPG
#6508 5 years ago

Having trouble adding custom picture/message. Created image with photoshop. 1360x768 72dpi, save it as png, put it on a 16GB FAT32 empty USB stick. The custom message is turned on in settings. When I connect the USB it instead copies files to it. And ignores the png. Running code version 18.8.5.

#6509 5 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Greetings fellow Houdini enthusiasts, I just joined the club! We (my wife & I) just acquired this phenomenal machine this past weekend & we absolutely made the right choice. After playing Houdini for virtually all weekend, I can unquestionably state that Houdini has everything that defines an A + title status ~ Playfield layout, deep rule-set, incredible theme, beautiful art, fantastic lightshow, alluring callouts, jaw dropping catapult & very unique in every category!!! AP designed & produced a masterpiece that is an original & fresh depiction that separates itself from the rest of the pinball manufactures.
As we just added this machine to the lineup, I have a few curiosities that hopefully can be answered?
* What is the purpose of the chain links?
* If whomever answers this next question, then you are the Houdini aficionado > Alex, I'll take Houdini for $500! Anyhow > I was standing back from the machine & I noticed that the start button has a purposely intended "morse code" message. What is that intermittent pulsating light on the start button communicating? Rosh, feel free to chime in if this isn't solved within a weeks time...?
As of now, I have the machine on easy settings, a 6.1 or so level & the glass off ~ Just kidding on the latter! After several scores in the low to upper 2 millions, I had a monster score...! I have no clue how this was possible, but I (& the Pinside community) are looking very forward to the mini & wizard modes.
Albeit, this game rocks!!!!!![quoted image]

Welcome aboard!

As far as your questions:
The chain links look cool. Did you mean the ones attached to the pop bumpers or the ones on the playfield? The playfield lit inserts
Show your progress as far as completion of the corresponding mode type - film reel
For film, padlock for jail escape, etc.

As far as your other question, it was answered earlier in this thread, I don't want to spoil it.

#6510 5 years ago

We will be selling the first Houdini pinball machine sold to the public. This is not a test machine, but the first one off the line. It comes with a topper, skin blades, Houdini badge, robot mod, water torture mod, monkey mod and a few other mods. Own a piece of history. The game will be at Expo. . This is our floor model. $7000. We will also be selling the Houdini's that AP has set up in their booth. Open box floor model in American Pinball booth $6500. Tournament game $6750. We can ship any where in the US and delivery within a 30 mile radius. Stop by our booth if you want a Houdini.

Great American Pinball

#6511 5 years ago

API will have some Houdini show games in their booth and in the tournament area that will be for sale.
These games were unboxed for the show and will be available for sale during the show.

Show Pricing is as follows: Tournament area games $6750
Free Play Games $6500

All open box games purchased during or after the show with have a full factory warranty starting the day after Chicago Pinball Expo Ends.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Customers purchasing games at the show are responsible for paying before removal, and removal of the game. (if purchased though me "PINCADES" I will assist with the tear down and removal of your new Houdini Pinball Machine to the loading area at NO EXTRA CHARGE!!.) We (Pincades) do offer delivery and set up at an extra charge.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some distributors may offer other show incentives such as extended warranties, Translights, art blades, shaker motors etc. All at the distributors cost. See your dist. for details.

STOP BY AND SEE US @ THE PINCADES BOOTH DIRECTLY BEHIND THE AMERICAN PINBALL BOOTH AND PICK UP YOUR OCTOBERFEST FUN WEAR.
219-924-PINS (7467)

SEE YA AT THE SHOW
PINCADES

#################FYI #2 & #3 Houdini Off the line are still on location in Iowa And WI and Still Kicking it.#######################

#6512 5 years ago

We will be selling the first Houdini pinball machine sold to the public. This is not a test machine, but the first one off the line. It comes with a topper, skin blades, Houdini badge, robot mod, water torture mod, monkey mod and a few other mods. Own a piece of history. The game will be at Expo. . This is our floor model. $7000. We will also be selling the Houdini's that AP has set up in their booth. Open box floor model in American Pinball booth $6500. Tournament game $6750. We can ship any where in the US and delivery within a 30 mile radius. Stop by our booth if you want a Houdini.
Great American Pinball

#6513 5 years ago

Chicago Pinball Expo HOUDINI sale !

American Pinball will have Houdini show games that will be for sale.

Tournament Games $6750
Free Play Games $6500

Contact Joe at [email protected] or call 570-357-0042 if you are at the show and want to buy one of these or visit us at our booth next to VP Cabs red tent !

We also have a discounted open show game at our location in PA and some New In Box games. We can ship these nationwide. Email is for the discounted pricing !

[email protected]

#6514 5 years ago

Man, all you distributors are jumping on each others backs here huh. Jeez.

#6515 5 years ago

Echo....ECHO...ECHO...

#6516 5 years ago

Is there some Houdini machine for sale?

#6517 5 years ago

Guys if you were Distributors, you would do the same thing.
Hey, some good show pricing!

#6518 5 years ago

oops...nevermind

(Thought a new version of the manual came out, my bad) Deleted the post.

#6519 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I'm in Australia so not power supply issues (240V).
Consistent shooting to the left outside the trunk. I will try the washers. Thanks for the tip!

#6520 5 years ago
Quoted from BioBa:

I'm in Australia so not power supply issues (240V).
Consistent shooting to the left outside the trunk. I will try the washers. Thanks for the tip!

Yes, if it's going left put thin washers under the right side underneath the mech mounting holes. Add or subtract as necessary.

#6521 5 years ago

Got my power supply in the mail and looking forward to installing this today. Wife and I are still incredibly happy with Houdini in (basically) a 1-game household. We'll just have to make room for more than 1 active, 1 project, because this one is not going anywhere for a long long time.

#6522 5 years ago

It’s an easy install. Hoping for a code update soon though! The September beta code is awesome but really hoping the little things will be ironed out

#6523 5 years ago

I've got not really enough room on either side of the original power supply. Have any of you decided to move it over before the installation?

#6524 5 years ago

My power source will be here today hoping to I stall today. Hop it fixed my trunk issue.

#6525 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I've got not really enough room on either side of the original power supply. Have any of you decided to move it over before the installation?

Mine was a bit tight but you should have plenty of room. Have you removed the plastic cover on the existing power supply?

#6526 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

My power source will be here today hoping to I stall today. Hop it fixed my trunk issue.

Fear not!

#6527 5 years ago

I have removed the plastic cover. The wood support at side of inner cab is just not giving enough room. I've removed the bolts to the original power supply. Thinking I may just drill new holes for the T nuts and move it over a bit so it still hits the ground wire.

#6528 5 years ago

removed

#6529 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I had that problem.
I just let it ride the corner braces so that it installed at a slight tilt.

It wont hurt it plus the additional airflow underneath is a plus.

#6530 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I also seem to have 3 black wires, one of them is black/brown. Does this need to remain in place?

Yes

#6531 5 years ago

What this power supply is supposed to fix?
Thanks

#6532 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

What this power supply is supposed to fix?
Thanks

For some locations the wall power fluctuates wildly or is sub-par.

240v locations should not be affected by this but might want the extra wattage to the coils.

Stabilize power throughout the game, no need to alter settings if wall voltage goes up or down.

Additional wattage for more power. It also adds and subtracts voltage to keep coils at optimum voltages. Especially the flippers, no more fatigue.

#6533 5 years ago

Last night while playing Houdini an air-ball flew on top of one of the plastics & it cracked. The plastic that was damaged is the one directly below the spirit display. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement plastic? Since this machine is brand new I'll definitely be purchasing the plastic protectors.

#6534 5 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Last night while playing Houdini an air-ball flew on top of one of the plastics & it cracked. The plastic that was damaged is the one directly below the spirit display. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement plastic? Since this machine is brand new I'll definitely be purchasing the plastic protectors.

I think your best chance is to contact AP directly.

#6535 5 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Open a ticket with AP on their site and in the meantime, turn the flipper power down a bit. Sounds like you have them too high.

#6536 5 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I'd contact the distributor you bought it from, the guys at A.P. are going to be slammed and recovering from expo next week.

#6537 5 years ago

Thanks for your input & I've already turned the flipper coils down. 22 on the left & 21 on the right seems to be about right. They were at originally 25 & 24, so it's no wonder why my Houdini played like Shaq without the ramp/hoop.

Also, w/ around 100 total plays so far, I haven't noticed any decline in power w/ the catapult or flippers. To those that have had this issue, was the power loss progressive or was this obvious from the get go. My Houdini seems to be dialed in & running on all cylinders.

#6538 5 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Thanks for your input & I've already turned the flipper coils down. 22 on the left & 21 on the right seems to be about right. They were at originally 25 & 24, so it's no wonder why my Houdini played like Shaq without the ramp/hoop.
Also, w/ around 100 total plays so far, I haven't noticed any decline in power w/ the catapult or flippers. To those that have had this issue, was the power loss progressive or was this obvious from the get go. My Houdini seems to be dialed in & running on all cylinders.

You probably just have good power. We've never had a problem although the flippers can feel mushy if there's a lot going on in a seance multiball. We're going to get the power supply to smooth that out.

#6539 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You probably just have good power. We've never had a problem although the flippers can feel mushy if there's a lot going on in a seance multiball. We're going to get the power supply to smooth that out.

I got the power supply but haven't installed it yet. Even w/o it, the shots are always 'spot on'...right in the center of the trunk. Once I do open it up, I'll install the Cliffy's and a white shooter rod rubber (can't see the black one very well). I'll likely add some wires for a subwoofer too...the bass is lacking in the game. There was some discussion of adding a sub, but not sure if anyone actually did it yet.

#6540 5 years ago

Holy shit, what a difference! With the power fluctuations in my area I was loosing interest in this game because of how sporadic it was playing. I put the new power source box thing in last night and have only played a few games, but it is so much better. Big thanks to AP for making this available to us Houdini owners.

#6541 5 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I got the power supply but haven't installed it yet. Even w/o it, the shots are always 'spot on'...right in the center of the trunk. Once I do open it up, I'll install the Cliffy's and a white shooter rod rubber (can't see the black one very well). I'll likely add some wires for a subwoofer too...the bass is lacking in the game. There was some discussion of adding a sub, but not sure if anyone actually did it yet.

A couple people have - there is a connection in the amp in the backbox you can go right to a powered sub. Sounds pretty good

#6542 5 years ago

Installed the new power supply today. My trunk shot was as low as 50% accuracy. Now with 4 games in after coil adjustments its hitting like it did out of the box.
Total install time was 30 min. Having done one I believe I could do it in 15 minutes tops.

One hint if your shoulders are over a size 44 be careful. Squeezing in there to mount the add on power box with the playfield resting on the service brackets is a tight squeeze. Also they send machine screws in the kit to mount to the wood cab so you will need some attaching hardware, cutters and wire strippers.

#6543 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Also they send machine screws in the kit to mount to the wood cab

Thats weird. Mine came with wood screws.

#6544 5 years ago

I'm assuming the Houdini toppers they mentioned at Pinburgh weren't released / shown at Expo?

#6545 5 years ago

I thought the reporting of catapult throwing the ball right of trunk a little odd. My range had always varied from trunk centerline to left of trunk by 1”. Then I too recently experienced the ball being thrown right. Which in my case, meant right edge of trunk with ball landing inside trunk. Catapult worked perfectly for next twenty balls, and I felt like a god. Then a few land left of trunk. So what’s my point? The ball hits an area more than 5 in horizontally, and the trunk is 4 inches wide with interior width of 3 in. That’s a lot of f’n variance!

#6546 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I thought the reporting of catapult throwing the ball right of trunk a little odd. My range had always varied from trunk centerline to left of trunk by 2”. Then I too recently experienced the ball being thrown right. Which in my case, meant right edge of trunk with ball landing inside trunk. Catapult worked perfectly for next twenty balls, and I felt like a god. Then a few land left of trunk. So what’s my point? The ball hits an area more than eight inches horizontally, and the trunk is five inches wide. That’s a lot of f’n variance!

New power supply fixes this.

#6547 5 years ago

2nd time to wizard mode Houdini letters and both times game has rebooted. This time it waited until my ball drained during the mode. I think this needs to be fixed in the next update.

#6548 5 years ago

the other disturbing thing that happened during multiball was getting 2 balls into the trunk catapult at the same time. I had to pull the glass back quickly and retrieve one of the balls by hand.

#6549 5 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

the other disturbing thing that happened during multiball was getting 2 balls into the trunk catapult at the same time. I had to pull the glass back quickly and retrieve one of the balls by hand.

That's an oops. If there's a ball just popped into the VUK, there should be a timed wait until it pops again, and if there's a ball in the catapult, it should not kick up the other ball into the VUK.

#6550 5 years ago

Where do most people have their settings? Mine were all over the place until I put the new power supply in. Now I'm not sure where to set everything Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.