20180426_162959 (resized).jpg
76C6C594-C5E2-42C3-B0BA-DC6FB65B5334 (resized).png
33583E42-C6C2-435C-B301-C95470FBEA1F (resized).png
IMG_1470 (resized).jpeg
20230531_171203 (resized).jpg
20230530_210512 (resized).jpg
0F6D3A86-9F6A-43B3-A1FA-F4155ECAB32A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 297.
#6251 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

No, just stock sound. It is a deep bass groan that lasts about 3 seconds.

Lurch

Lurch (resized).jpgLurch (resized).jpg
#6252 5 years ago

Doing some beta testing at around 1:30pm today!

#6253 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Installed cliffy's tonight.
Wasn't too bad at all.
You dont have to remove a lot of stuff just loosen to get it out of the way.
Remove upper right edge plastic.
Remove nuts and screws from planchet plastic. Push aside.
Remove screws from metal lane guides. Remove 2 nuts from underneath.
Remove scoop.
Raise playfield remove 3 screws holding scoop VUK tie it up or let it hang. Or remove this first before starting everything...
Remove 4 of the wooden side rail screws.
I had to loosen the autolaunch 4 screws to access the first screw for the wooden siderail.
You can finagle the scoop protector into the hole now by lifting up on the metal lane guide and lifting up on the wooden siderail.
Slipping the scoop cliffy under the wooden siderail slightly really helped to get it in
I put a fender washer under the wooden rail to hold it up temporarily while working the metal guide.
After installing the scoop cliffy, install the right side of the shooter lane cliffy while the siderail is loose.
Reassemble everything working from the top.
Replace the siderail screws last.
This way you can get the shooter lane protector where you want it.
Installation of the left shooter lane protector is super easy.
Remove the 2 screws in the apron from the front playfield hangers.
You have to remove the 3 screws for the inner wooden siderail to make it easier to adjust.
Remove 2 of the 3 machine screws from the trough.
Install and adjust as neccesary.
That's it . It took me about 35 mins total and I took my time.
Next one will take 15 mins.

The scoop protector I received last week was already trimmed on the right to fit snug against wooden siderail. No need to lift side rail now for this installation. Yay!

20180930_143226 (resized).jpg20180930_143226 (resized).jpg
#6254 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

The scoop protector I received last week was already trimmed on the right to fit snug against wooden siderail. No need to lift side rail now for this installation. Yay!
[quoted image]

That's good news...haven't gotten mine yet.

#6255 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Lurch
[quoted image]

Pretty close!

#6256 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

[quoted image]

I had to loosen the side rail which only took 2 minutes. In order to get the metal Edge under it so that the scoop protector would lay flat.

Cliff if you're reading this maybe you should trim off that rear edge at a slight angle or little bit off the rear corner so that doesn't have to go under the wooden side rail.

It doesn't actually go under the wooden rail it's just that to facilitate the installation it was handy to lift the wooden side rail to get better access to get it down into the hole easier.

#6257 5 years ago

I had to loosen the side rail which only took 2 minutes. In order to get the metal Edge under it so that the scoop protector would lay flat.
Cliff if you're reading this maybe you should trim off that edge a little bit so that doesn't have to go under the wooden side rail

That is what he did apparently. I got mine this week.

#6258 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

That is what he did apparently. I got mine this week.

Well done! It looks great.

#6259 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Next release ready for some owner beta testing, PM me if interested in being a guinea pig. Bug fixes and improvements, not much new.

Matt also doing music for Oktoberfest -- quite different and suspect it will be very well received, the team here is really enjoying what we have gotten so far.

Oktoberfest should come with a custom Pin Gulp cup holder. Or two.

#6260 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

[quoted image]

Mine is on the way!

#6261 5 years ago

Hi there,
I would like to know:
- if there is a rules sheet out there
- if you can backhand some shots on your game
- if someone has succeeded seance in the right order
- if someone has succeeded the 25k card thrown in video mode
- if there is a direct shot to do the magic shop hole or only with rebound and with what
- if the stage alley shot puts the ball in stage each time in your game and how to validate the 2X playfield when insert is lit
Thanks

PS: i don’t understand the last code update which is v18.8.5. It seems to follow the v18.8.1
My code running is v18.5.4 Is it an old version despite my game is built on July 2018?

#6262 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi there,
I would like to know:
- if there is a direct shot to do the magic shop hole or only with rebound and with what
- if the stage alley shot puts the ball in stage each time in your game and how to validate the 2X playfield when insert is lit
Thanks
PS: i don’t understand the last code update which is v18.8.5. It seems to follow the v18.8.1
My code running is v18.5.4 Is it an old version despite my game is built on July 2018?

Definitely update to 18.8.5, it has some significant fixes and changes.

Yes I can backhand the inner loop on my game and backhand the ramp from the right flipper

Yes seance, have only done it with 2 balls left and after getting the seance spelled out of order first

Yes 25k card

No there is no direct shot to the magic shop

Stage alley will consistently put the shot into the stage of the stage is open and the shot has enough velocity

#6263 5 years ago

Hi there,
I would like to know:
Thanks

Next target after 25k is Extra Ball in the card game, and I go for that first in every game, so yes. If you're having trouble, ignore the front hoop and only go for the back, then when it starts going faster double fist it and release two cards at once to improve your chances of hitting it.

#6264 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Next target after 25k is Extra Ball in the card game, and I go for that first in every game, so yes. If you're having trouble, ignore the front hoop and only go for the back, then when it starts going faster double fist it and release two cards at once to improve your chances of hitting it.

Thanks.
Is there a rules sheet?
And how to validate the 2X playfield? Just hitting the stage alley lane and the ball rolls over the switch behind or the ball needs also to go in the stage?
Thanks

#6265 5 years ago

Yes, but I haven't updated for the last code update. Although it should be 98% accurate.

http://tiltforums.com/t/houdini-rulesheet/3934

#6266 5 years ago
Quoted from konjurer:

Yes, but I haven't updated for the last code update. Although it should be 98% accurate.
http://tiltforums.com/t/houdini-rulesheet/3934

Thanks.

So I still don’t understand the numbering of code update.
Is v18.8.1 previous v18.5.4 or not?

#6267 5 years ago

Thanks.

18 is year, 8 is month, 1 is day. So 18.8.1 is later than 18.5.4

#6268 5 years ago

Thanks.

The code update numbers represent the date of release.

#6269 5 years ago

Does anyone know if Mantis going to make a similar protector? I am more of an internal protector fan vs covering the artwork. Any info is appreciated.

#6270 5 years ago

Thanks.
Is there a rules sheet?
And how to validate the 2X playfield? Just hitting the stage alley lane and the ball rolls over the switch behind or the ball needs also to go in the stage?
Thanks

When you have activated 2X stage scoring, those words will appear on the backbox screen while you are playing the mode. No words, no 2x scoring.

#6271 5 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Does anyone know if Mantis going to make a similar protector? I am more of an internal protector fan vs covering the artwork. Any info is appreciated.

It won't protect the clear coat, and Houdinis have already had cracked/chipped clear at that eject from the ball. Mantis will not help you there and is not recommended for this location on the PF, even if they had one.

#6272 5 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

No artwork is covered on these.
They are really good.

#6273 5 years ago

I played Houdini last night after playing TH that was being neglected.

I was focused on modes (like on TH), Wow they are so much fun and so satisfying when you succeed!

Since I already posted a few good scores, I'm back to challenging the modes.

Houdini is amazing, challenging, brutal but very satisfying.

I loved every minute of it and cant wait to play it again.

I hope Josh is given the time to really polish up this game. Its wonderful and deserves the attention to detail.

#6274 5 years ago
821F8656-C21D-483C-A537-2F38553D4A1D (resized).jpeg821F8656-C21D-483C-A537-2F38553D4A1D (resized).jpeg
#6275 5 years ago

Greg and I blowing up some Houdini, especially Game 2. Oh and LOSER received one hell of a consequence. Muahaha

SDTM Episode 75

#6276 5 years ago

The stage bonus for playing all 10 acts is amazing! All that plus multipliers BOOM goes the score!

#6278 5 years ago

The stage bonus for playing all 10 acts is amazing ! All that plus multipliers !

Havent seen that wizard mode yet, or the movie binge. But I did get the elephant to vanish yesterday. Small victories keep us going...

#6279 5 years ago

Changed my GI to warm white - and wow the game looks much better now.

Quick question, which voltage is used for the led stripe?

Want to change it for warm white

IMG_20181002_151710 (resized).jpgIMG_20181002_151710 (resized).jpg
#6280 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Quick question, which voltage is used for the led stripe?
Want to change it for warm white
[quoted image]

On the back of the playfield.. 12Volts

#6281 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

[quoted image]

Looks good. Do you happen to have a before/after comparison at more of a distance?

#6282 5 years ago

I will do some pictures later with my camera. mobile phone camera won't show the true colors.
Also changed the white flashers to purple
Here 2 snippets

IMG_20181002_151717 (resized).jpgIMG_20181002_151717 (resized).jpgIMG_20181002_151937 (resized).jpgIMG_20181002_151937 (resized).jpg

#6283 5 years ago

I never really understood why it wasn't warm white from the beginning. Houdini's era is one of warm incandescent or gas lighting.

The area at the back of the pf looks rather harsh IMO in cool white. Particularly the reflections in the ramp plastic.

#6284 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I never really understood why it wasn't warm white from the beginning. Houdini's era is one of warm incandescent or gas lighting.
The area at the back of the pf looks rather harsh IMO in cool white. Particularly the reflections in the ramp plastic.

I think the cold white with the gold colored sideblades, locks, Pop Caps and stuff are a very pretty contrast.

#6285 5 years ago

other quick thanks to AP for excellence in customer service!

#6286 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I think the cold white with the gold colored sideblades, locks, Pop Caps and stuff are a very pretty contrast.

As you can all see, everyone has their own opinion on it. Fortunately GI bulbs are easy enough to change.

While I don't recall all of the conversation on it, part of it was to brighten up the playfield, which the cool white do a better job of. Certainly the warm white does a nice job of fitting the theme and the art work.

I'll have to consider the warm white when I get my machine, which should be soon.

#6287 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

As you can all see, everyone has their own opinion on it. Fortunately GI bulbs are easy enough to change.
While I don't recall all of the conversation on it, part of it was to brighten up the playfield, which the cool white do a better job of. Certainly the warm white does a nice job of fitting the theme and the art work.
I'll have to consider the warm white when I get my machine, which should be soon.

I do like the gaslight look of the warm white, but I also like the higher visibility of the cool whites.

So many choices these days!

#6288 5 years ago

I think cool white works well enough at the front and middle, but at the back, with both the GI and the strip, it's way too cool and bright (IMO).

#6289 5 years ago

My power supply has been shipped.

I'm hoping that all this extra power will solve the erratic scoop behavior during the game.

#6290 5 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Wait ... you don’t have a machine?!

#6291 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wait ... you don’t have a machine?!

He does everything virtual in his vast imaginings

#6292 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I will do some pictures later with my camera. mobile phone camera won't show the true colors.
Also changed the white flashers to purple
Here 2 snippets
[quoted image][quoted image]

What led bulbs and led strip did you use.

I like the idea of softening the color in the rear under the chrome wireforms and ramp.

If they were RGB it could be controlled via the menu.

#6293 5 years ago

He does everything virtual in his vast imaginings

LOL. I know he has one in his office, just surprised he didn’t lug one home as well

#6294 5 years ago

My order arrived today- Power supply upgrade, extra plastics and shaker. I wont have a chance to install and evaluate until tomorrow.

I had been holding out on the shaker until the power issue was addressed, so now I will put it to the test.

#6295 5 years ago

Found this under the Houdini apron. I wonder what 11/16 signifies?

20181002_173016 (resized).jpg20181002_173016 (resized).jpg
#6296 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

I wonder what 11/16 signifies?

Designed by Josh and Joe for American Pinball Inc. in November 2016.

LTG : )

#6297 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Found this under the Houdini apron.

makes me want to take a peek under my apron

#6298 5 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

makes me want to take a peek under my apron

#6299 5 years ago

“Yet another”? Did they do a game previously that I’m not aware of?

#6300 5 years ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Found this under the Houdini apron. I wonder what 11/16 signifies?
[quoted image]

Joe and Jim Nov 2016

WOZ and Hobbit before Houdini

Edit* JFB Jeff Bush the Artist

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 14,818 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 297.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-houdini-thread/page/126?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.