Now that I got the plunger working smoothly, here are my observations as I continue to play the game to want to like it:
1. In post #4610, I mentioned that my flippers would stop working. I realize now, that it is the issue with the flipper being pushed down and the conversation about adding the EOS switches (which I really do not want to do). So in multi-ball this just happens and now I know why.
2. I made getting Houdini letters easier today. For the first time I got 1 letter and 3 letters, which is 1 letter and 3 letters more than I ever got before. (It was nice to get a little bit higher bonus because of the letters finally.)
3. I have ball save on for the right scoop and the left milk can. Thankfully it saves the ball about 80% of the time when it drains it right down the middle from the scoop or it bounces to the outlane on the milk can. It does miss is several times, especially when I am about to do well (i think). I tried the scoop coil settings, nothing really helps.
4. Hitting the ball into the stage is like my (very poor) golf game. The ball circles around the hole and bounces out. During a typical game I will get two stage illusions and about 10 near misses. Very frustrating. Most of the stage shots are rebounds, never a direct shot in. If only they stayed in, I may be having better games.
5. I followed the recent hints about hitting the ball into the milk can loop from the edge of the right flipper "more softly". This seems to work better.
6. I set the stage to eject the ball. It seems in the milk can illusion, it opens the stage and the ball is behind the other ball. It raises or lowers a bit and the ball comes out and drains down the middle every time. So I may get rid of this setting.
7. When the ball comes down the key lane (slow, fast, in between), it usually drains down the middle. Others have suggested bending the right lane guide. I have seen it come down the center and drain down the middle.
8. To me, the outer loops are a disappointment. They do perform a function, but they could have been so much more if there was a magnet, or diverter or something.
9. Maybe it is me, but if I am pressing the flipper buttons and I get a little off, I can feel that kind of grinding as I press in (like I'm pressing off center) and the flipper is not responsive. Then I realign my fingers on the flipper and it works normal.
10. I'm waiting for the stage alley or key lane sign to break since the ball bounces into one of them at least once in a game.
11. Again, maybe it is me, but I may have to adjust switches like in the key lane since I am not sure if the switch is registering during a game. It registers using the ball in test mode. But I don't see the score increasing or hear a sound. On my other games, I know immediately if a switch is not working if I don't hear the associated sound. I may not be good yet, but I am not sure that all switches produce a sound (and score?) yet so I would know. (Obviously I know the ramp makes a noise, the spinner makes a noise, the two side switches correctly engage the magnet.) I think I have to test the two switches at the entrance of the left loop, key lane, stage lane more closely.
I guess I am a good player but not great. If I do well, my score is between 700,000 and 800,000. If some of the above drains and other issues did not happen, maybe I can get a little better game, get a little further and feel like I am improving and accomplishing something. I know this is a great game. I read about all the things everyone does. By making the letters easier, I hope this will help me to get further in the game.