Topic Stats

• 8,521 posts
  • 525 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by wesman
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,180 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B50F841E-E889-43F0-93C7-0C4CBECEF72F (resized).jpeg
Houdini rd (resized).jpg
B0A59720-3109-4366-A958-89734AE22441 (resized).jpeg
20190315_155922 (resized).jpg
20190315_030211 (resized).jpg
20190315_030253 (resized).jpg
20190220_220353 (resized).jpg
lites (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
E3F51772-C78A-4AAB-B019-A786AC49901B (resized).jpeg
A2123B62-2706-48FC-B5BE-D1A9DDCFDCB9 (resized).jpeg
35DFBA78-89B8-4643-ADFD-F03BE383E3E2 (resized).jpeg
858C4D73-37E6-4470-ABF9-102C63C163A4 (resized).jpeg
F984C9DF-09AF-4327-826D-ED5D502EC93F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 8521 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 171.
#5401 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

At last! As far back as Pin A Go Go 2017 I kept telling AP that scoop was going to be a problem for wear and it should have a Cliffy on it from the factory.

So factory cliffy's as an option?
I would have paid for it...

But I ordered them before I even got my game.

Going to install them as part of my initial setup this weekend.

#5402 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

So factory cliffy's as an option?
I would have paid for it...
But I ordered them before I even got my game.
Going to install them as part of my initial setup this weekend.

I'm hoping that's what he's saying. Solved JJP's long-running issues with Dialed In. AP on the Cliffy from the factory train would be great. I just hope they actually promote that they have Cliffies installed from the factory. No idea why JJP doesn't promote that when they ship Dialed In with them now. It's a big plus, IMO.

#5403 7 months ago

To clarify..

American Pinball is not including nor adding an option for factory installed Cliffy's at this time.

#5404 7 months ago

I'm guessing everyone knows this by now but I haven't seen it mentioned that when you progress to the "Find Houdini" part of Man From Beyond that the call outs only say "Shoot Orbits" but the eligible shot could still be the stage. I think that in the older code it just didn't have call-outs anymore in this part of the mode but I may be wrong.

Also has the call-out for Shoot Orbits (in any mode) changed a little or is it just me, it seems like the way he says it more like ooorbits now?

Managed to get to 6 Houdini letters in a game earlier, had BINGE mode lit and blew it, ended up about 1M shy of my best and a total blast.

#5405 7 months ago

What is the updated code now???I've been on vacation! Mine has 18-5-4,Thanks!!!

#5406 7 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Mine has 18-5-4,Thanks!!!

https://www.american-pinball.com/support/updates/

Looks like a newer one is on their site. 18-8-5

LTG : )

#5407 7 months ago

Fantastik,thank-you LTG!!!!

#5408 7 months ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

...Our Engineering Department has reached out to Cliffy to make a new scoop protector that would cover the excessive scoop wear....

I'd likely install before anywear starts. I looked on Cliffy's site but didn't see anything specific for Houdini. Is this something I should get thru AP or directly via Cliffy's when available?

#5409 7 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I'd likely install before anywear starts. I looked on Cliffy's site but didn't see anything specific for Houdini. Is this something I should get thru AP or directly via Cliffy's when available?

Send him an email, he makes them. He is very backed up though. Long wait.

#5410 7 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Email him directly ... Best way he has exceptionally busy!

#5411 7 months ago

Thanks guys, I did manage to find his w/a google search. They are located on the 'Work in Progress" page.

Here's a link if anyone's interested: http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#5412 7 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Thanks guys, I did manage to find his w/a google search. They are located on the 'Work in Progress" page.
Here's a link if anyone's interested: http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

Put Mylar down for now while you wait. Works wonders.

#5413 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Put Mylar down for now while you wait. Works wonders.

I may do that, as long as it's removable w/o damage. I am keeping a close eye on it, and have the coil adjusted low. Pristine so far but I want it to stay that way.

Anyone know how difficult it is to install on Houdini?

#5414 7 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I may do that, as long as it's removable w/o damage. I am keeping a close eye on it, and have the coil adjusted low. Pristine so far but I want it to stay that way.

Wax the area first, and it will come right up when you want to remove it.

#5415 7 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Have to remove the plastic and post by the scoop , clean the area real well, peel off the adhsieve strip,hook under the inside of the scoop and press down ... 20 minutes for lifetime of protection...
Great product for a great game

#5416 7 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wax the area first, and it will come right up when you want to remove it.

Good point! I would have forgot! Already e-mailed Cliffy about a set.

#5417 7 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Have to remove the plastic and post by the scoop , clean the area real well, peel of the adhsieve strip,hook under the inside of the scoop and press down ... 20 minutes for lifetime of protection...
Great product for a great game

Is that for the mylar, not the Cliffy?

#5418 7 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Is that for the mylar, not the Cliffy?

The Cliffy ! Very easy to install

#5419 7 months ago

Does anyone know if mantis have done protectors? I’ve got a cliffy on my xmen but don’t like that it effects slow moving balls

#5420 7 months ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Does anyone know if mantis have done protectors? I’ve got a cliffy on my xmen but don’t like that it effects slow moving balls

I just ordered a bunch of stuff from his site the other day, and did not see Houdini on there. You mail want to email him and see. The scoop wouldn’t seem to be a huge problem though; the ball is pretty well controlled by the time it gets to that hole

#5422 7 months ago

Is anyone who has installed the Cliffy's planning on doing an install guide? Here's the message I received from Cliff regarding stripping the play field to install: "Not too hard and not too much to remove. If you know the difference between a screwdriver and a nut driver you can handle it Since I only have a playfield and not the game I havent made an install guide. I've heard from a couple guys who are planning a guide as soon as they get the guts up to tear into their brand new game."

#5423 7 months ago
Quoted from Videogod:

Is anyone who has installed the Cliffy's planning on doing an install guide? Here's the message I received from Cliff regarding stripping the play field to install: "Not too hard and not too much to remove. If you know the difference between a screwdriver and a nut driver you can handle it Since I only have a playfield and not the game I havent made an install guide. I've heard from a couple guys who are planning a guide as soon as they get the guts up to tear into their brand new game."

I had every intention of documenting the process when I did mine, then got lost in the process and never took a single picture until it was done, sorry!

I think I mentioned it before but it does require removing quite a bit of stuff though it shouldn't be that daunting for anyone who typically works on their own games. If you think it's beyond your skill / comfort level just put some mylar down over the front edge and you'll probably be fine - plus the scoop won't be slightly more difficult to make as it is with the cliffy installed.

#5424 7 months ago
Quoted from Videogod:

Cliffy's are very easy to install especially on this game. Issues or not they are a great piece of mind and he makes the best product. I am sure if you run into issues questions this club thread will jump up to help you out.

#5425 7 months ago

A question on the 3-ball lock under the ramp on the left: When a ball gets locked there, the trunk jackpot value is increased. But I never have more than one ball locked there at a time. When I send a second ball into the lock, the first ball is always immediately released. I've never had 2 balls stay locked, never mind a third. I don't think this is the way it is supposed to operate. Appreciate any details about this, thanks! barryj

#5426 7 months ago
Quoted from Videogod:

Is anyone who has installed the Cliffy's planning on doing an install guide? ..."

I'm ordering a set and will try to snap some pics, but someone might beat me to it first given his backload.

#5427 7 months ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

A question on the 3-ball lock under the ramp on the left: When a ball gets locked there, the trunk jackpot value is increased. But I never have more than one ball locked there at a time. When I send a second ball into the lock, the first ball is always immediately released. I've never had 2 balls stay locked, never mind a third. I don't think this is the way it is supposed to operate. Appreciate any details about this, thanks!

I don't own the game, so I'm not certain how it's supposed to work. Did you check to make sure all your lock switches are registering properly?

#5428 7 months ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

A question on the 3-ball lock under the ramp on the left: When a ball gets locked there, the trunk jackpot value is increased. But I never have more than one ball locked there at a time. When I send a second ball into the lock, the first ball is always immediately released. I've never had 2 balls stay locked, never mind a third. I don't think this is the way it is supposed to operate. Appreciate any details about this, thanks! barryj

When the first few machines went out we were seeing some issues with the left lock switches and I adjusted code to not keep more than one ball there, vs sometimes allowing two be held (there would never be three kept there). We quickly identified the issue with the switches and replaced them (including all machines that had shipped), and that resolved the issue. I've never adjusted the code back, since there is not a lot of need to keep more than one staged there, not to say that may not change in the future.

#5429 7 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

When the first few machines went out we were seeing some issues with the left lock switches and I adjusted code to not keep more than one ball there, vs sometimes allowing two be held (there would never be three kept there). We quickly identified the issue with the switches and replaced them (including all machines that had shipped), and that resolved the issue. I've never adjusted the code back, since there is not a lot of need to keep more than one staged there, not to say that may not change in the future.

I think it would be very cool if two balls were actually locked up there. I know it's kind of retro, and I know it's not really necessary, but seeing it in action is a cool thing if it actually works consistently.

#5430 7 months ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

Anyone else having problems with the ball getting stuck under the planchet? I think some sort of fence to keep the ball out here would be a good idea.

Here's a picture of the wires ziptied to the bracket. This has almost completely eliminated the problem on the route Houdini.

Planchette_ziptie (resized).jpg
#5431 7 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

Got it. Thanks for clarifying, Josh. Glad to know my lock is working fine.

#5432 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Here's a picture of the wires ziptied to the bracket. This has almost completely eliminated the problem on the route Houdini.
[quoted image]

Easy enough. I'm going to do that today. Thank you

#5433 7 months ago

Ok, I cant figure it out. Was just going through manual online.
How do I do a Custom Message? I have custom message on in settings.
Thanks in advance gang.

#5434 7 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Ok, I cant figure it out. Was just going through manual online.
How do I do a Custom Message? I have custom message on in settings.
Thanks in advance gang.

You will need to create a .png file (you can do this with Photoshop or similar programs). Your image needs to be set to 72 dpi (this may actually show up as 72.009) and the image itself needs to be 1360 pixels by 768 pixels. It's important that you follow these guidelines.

Once you have the .png file, put it on a USB stick (best not to have any othe rfiles on that stick!). With the game powered on, plug in the USB stick. Once the file is transferred, you will need to power cycle the game.

Good luck!

Josh

#5435 7 months ago
Quoted from Josho:

You will need to create a .png file (you can do this with Photoshop or similar programs). Your image needs to be set to 72 dpi (this may actually show up as 72.009) and the image itself needs to be 1360 pixels by 768 pixels. It's important that you follow these guidelines.
Once you have the .png file, put it on a USB stick (best not to have any othe rfiles on that stick!). With the game powered on, plug in the USB stick. Once the file is transferred, you will need to power cycle the game.
Good luck!
Josh

Might be interesting for people to post what they have done to give others ideas (and guidelines)!

#5436 7 months ago
Quoted from Josho:

Good luck!
Josh

Josh- Thank you so much!!
Now to work on my image and File.

#5437 7 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Might be interesting for people to post what they have done to give others ideas (and guidelines)!

Here are two I've used on mine but I can't take credit for the images, they were created for our league by a friend that does this stuff professionally. I had him add the red and resize the NKY one for Houdini's needs but it worked really well in WOZ too coincidentally. The Pincinnati one I just re-sized in an editing tool (irfanview) and it worked fine.

20180806_101251 (resized).jpg20180811_144326 (resized).jpg20180816_142816 (resized).jpg
#5438 7 months ago

OK, Josh, rosh I collected all the Houdini letters, and then got a scrolling screen of instructions describing phase 1 and phase 2 of what I assume is the master or mini magician mode. The first part was a multiball with a special twist. After I was down to a single ball, I needed to make a flashing shot. But time ran out before I could make it, and the flippers died and the ball drained - the narrator said something like "Maybe Next Time." Then I got a blue screen and some tiny computer text I couldn't read, and the game rebooted. It did not save my score (about 2.8 million) or any reference to that last game. So I'm thinking this might be a bug associated with master magician mode. (This may have only been a mini-magician mode, because I did not complete the secret missions). Should I send in a log?

#5439 7 months ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Here are two I've used on mine but I can't take credit for the images, they were created for our league by a friend that does this stuff professionally. I had him add the red and resize the NKY one for Houdini's needs but it worked really well in WOZ too coincidentally. The Pincinnati one I just re-sized in an editing tool (irfanview) and it worked fine.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was more referring to the actual graphic file so people can check them out as a reference. When you upload, select "original size (no rescaling)" and it will not try to change it.

#5440 7 months ago

Hey Rosh/Josh,

The ouija board got out of whack w/respect to the letter it was on. See pic. Running the latest code.

Keep up the good work!

houdini_scoring (resized).jpg
#5441 7 months ago

Hey AP: Here's a suggestion...make the shooter tip a different color than black. Hard to see how far it's pulled back, it blends into the background - it makes it hard for the skill shot...

#5442 7 months ago

Houdini is in the house!

After a couple recommended adjustments:

Tied back wire under planchet
Set pitch to 6.4 degrees (averaged out), set horizontal pitch to zero across the playfield.

Closed the right outlane to the narrowest setting.

Set at 3 balls per game.

Increased all ball savers to the max (can shorten later).

Game plays perfect!
My wife got 1.3 million on her second game (she is an excellent player). pinballgoddess

The game is NOT TOO HARD AT ALL!

Maybe people will see this and reconsider?

The shots are tight but challenging and fun!

Trunk eject is not working 100% and ball does hang on the captive ball half the time....

But we knew about that, I'll see if it's worth sorting out.

Game is too fun to be torn apart for experimentation, I cant get my wife off it. She's addicted lol.

More later, it's my turn to play!
20180819_083933 (resized).jpg

#5443 7 months ago

Trunk shot is set at 26 now and is 100% accurate.

Amazing game!

Wall voltage 118v

The left flipper collapsed during seance mb. It was hit with 2 balls at the same time and then immediately hit with a high speed 3rd ball.

I turned on the flipper hold boost, I hope this corrects that.

Some work could be done in grace periods when a ball is lost due to not being flipped at all. But drained off the auto launch or scoop.

Or off of a mode start.

It should be user configurable up to 40 secs.

The initial ball save when a ball is served is too short. Many balls are lost before they can be flipped into play. 10 secs more might be ideal.

The game sound is fine but I agree a bass speaker or sub in the cab or on the floor will help it a lot.

Or richer, deeper audio to take advantage of the existing speaker system.

I guess I'll have to install one if I can actually get to the game when it's not being played! Lol

#5444 7 months ago

I LOVE THE SHAKER!

Really well implemented.

This game is lightyears ahead of the game I played at TPF 2018.

Absolutely buy the game with shaker, art blades and magic glass.

I'm so happy with this game.

ITS BEAUTIFUL !

The code is so close.
It just needs to be buffed and polished here and there with a couple finishing touches.

Well done rosh barryj

It blows away my ToM that I'm selling to make room for it.

It's staying in my small collection for the duration.

LOVE THIS GAME!

#5445 7 months ago

I LOVE THE SHAKER!
Really well implemented.
This game is lightyears ahead of the game I played at TPF 2018.
Absolutely buy the game with shaker, art blades and magic glass.
I'm so happy with this game.
ITS BEAUTIFUL !
The code is so close.
It just needs to be buffed and polished here and there with a couple finishing touches.
Well done rosh barryj
It blows away my ToM that I'm selling to make room for it.
It's staying in my small collection for the duration.
LOVE THIS GAME!

Congrats it appears you made a great choice. For me having your wife on board seals the deal awesome. Great looking collection and LOVE that BBB sign so want to get one of those now!! Enjoy your game and couples time!

#5446 7 months ago

Houdini is in the house!
After a couple recommended adjustments:
Tied back wire under planchet
Set pitch to 6.4 degrees (averaged out), set horizontal pitch to zero across the playfield.
Closed the right outland to the narrowest setting.
Set at 3 balls per game.
Increased all ball savers to the max (can shorten later).
Game plays perfect!
My wife got 1.3 million on her second game (she is an excellent player). pinballgoddess
Maybe people will see this and reconsider?
The shots are tight but challenging and fun!
Trunk eject is not working 100% and ball does hang on the captive ball half the time....
But we knew about that, I'll see if it's worth sorting out.
Game is too fun to be torn apart for experimentation, I cant get my wife off it. She's addicted lol.
More later, it's my turn to play!
[quoted image]

1.3M on the 2nd game, dang!! I was proud that I got 480K!

The narrow ramps aren't bad at all, not sure why people complain. Can't say their easy, but not hard. I bought for a challenge. Even when you miss, you just don't hit a post, you hit a light a letter as part of the 'SEANCE', so there is still a reward. One thing it does need is a subwoofer tho. It would just take it over then top. Thought I saw somewhere on this thread (or another) about adding a sub.

Like you, set my trunk shot to 26, but my pitch is closer to 6.8 (didn't adjust it), side to side is level. Honestly, it makes it every time, all tho I do see it skewing slightly to the left.

Artwork and theme is stunning. Reminds me of TOM, and even a little bit TOTAN sometimes w/the music. Plus Rosh's very active support is a plus.

#5447 7 months ago

2:30 PM temp 99 degrees outside.

Wall voltage 115 to 116.

Upper and lower catapults cant make the shots.

Oh well it's time to go into the swimming pool! And resume this amazing game when the wall power gets up to 117 to 118 nominal.

Dont get me wrong, all my games play like crap at 115-116v. So I just do something else while waiting out the brown out.

barryj please let me know, or put me on the list for some kind of power stabilizer.

Incredible game!

#5448 7 months ago

Anyone else get to a wizard mode yet? Mine didn't end well.

#5449 7 months ago

92 degrees power is up to 116-117v...
Getting ready for an awesome Houdini night!

I've really got to sort out the terrible power probs its cutting into my pinball time

#5450 7 months ago
Quoted from PhantomO:

Anyone else get to a wizard mode yet? Mine didn't end well.

Wizard mode? What is this strange thing you speak of?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
7,488 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 50.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 32.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Mods for your pinballs
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 129.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
There are 8521 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 171.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside