Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 148 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rosh
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

um yeah (resized).png
    2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
    2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
    2000000000850341 (resized).jpg
    CF252A8A-C2BD-40D2-82DF-7D64CE32C4B9 (resized).jpeg
    ezgif-5-55d025de6314.gif
    89580862_3875920535759364_963767511348674560_n (resized).jpg
    89150852_3875923765759041_6062180153134415872_n (resized).jpg
    1261367 (resized).jpg
    NsJhsSo (resized).jpg
    xpk1MdV (resized).jpg
    XCe0YLs (resized).jpg
    EjMNzvb (resized).jpg
    ERF3irP (resized).jpg
    7oey7ic (resized).jpg
    EjMNzvb (resized).jpg
    There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

EjMNzvb (resized).jpgEjMNzvb (resized).jpg
    7oey7ic (resized).jpg7oey7ic (resized).jpgERF3irP (resized).jpgERF3irP (resized).jpgEjMNzvb (resized).jpgEjMNzvb (resized).jpgXCe0YLs (resized).jpgXCe0YLs (resized).jpgxpk1MdV (resized).jpgxpk1MdV (resized).jpgNsJhsSo (resized).jpgNsJhsSo (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Nice! I like it a lot! I am a car guy though

#3 4 years ago

Love the cabinet... What's with the smaller screen?

#4 4 years ago

Looks really cool, but I don't like the offset screen at all.

#6 4 years ago

It looks fantastic, far better than any other car based game I've seen before

#7 4 years ago

The colored ramps (especially the classic orange) are awesome! The right green ramp looks like its hit from the left inner loop? This looks really fun. I agree on not liking the offset display. An unessessary change that will throw off people's line up. I'm not a car guy but this sure looks fun. Cant wait to play it!

#8 4 years ago

Are those... dinosaurs on the backglass/cabinet? Race cars and dinosaurs?

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Love the cabinet... What's with the smaller screen?

The screen is offset but not not smaller.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Are those... dinosaurs on the backglass/cabinet? Race cars and dinosaurs?

1261367 (resized).jpg1261367 (resized).jpg
    #11 4 years ago

Looks fun!

#12 4 years ago

This is way cooler than I thought it would be. If this comes in around the price of a Pro I think they'll do much better with this release.

#13 4 years ago

Im most curious of that arch ramp and post by the bumpers

#14 4 years ago

Cant wait to put some solid time on one. May get rid of woz finally for this!

#15 4 years ago

Looks great. AP is very impressive.

#16 4 years ago

Wow this playfield is LOADED with shots! Looks like it's going to be fun to play

#17 4 years ago

Reminds me a little of Banzai Run for some reason.

#18 4 years ago

I have to say...... this is pretty sweet looking. As with others, I'm sure we could do without the offset screen but alot to like here. Personally the offset RPM targets. The smooth transition of the left side battle targets with different shooting angles because of the curve. Bright orange ramp. Death loop alot like spiderman I imagine. Will love to see it play for sure.

#19 4 years ago

The off-set screen doesn't bother me, but will have to try it to see for sure. Overall, though, it just looks like it will be a lot of fun - certainly feels like a hot wheels pin should and that is a great start!

#21 4 years ago

Color ramps, cool.

Stern Mustang, take note, sorta

#22 4 years ago

For you car buffs out there. Are any of these cars real cars or are they all Hot-Wheels originals?

#23 4 years ago

Looks like a JSB c6 corvette over the left ramp

#24 4 years ago

Really looks cool, can't wait to play it at TPF.

#25 4 years ago

Its better than Oktoberfest. But not sure the theme does anything for me. Maybe if it were Lego?

#26 4 years ago

Not much that you can't already see, but a few pictures.

89580862_3875920535759364_963767511348674560_n (resized).jpg89580862_3875920535759364_963767511348674560_n (resized).jpg89150852_3875923765759041_6062180153134415872_n (resized).jpg89150852_3875923765759041_6062180153134415872_n (resized).jpg
    #27 4 years ago

Quite like the look of this, looking forward to game play vids

#28 4 years ago

Sometimes I wish I was 10 again

#29 4 years ago

Hmmm, could be decent after swapping out some standard flipper bats.
    Center cluster is a bit much at first look, but could be great in person.

#30 4 years ago

Looks like fun!

#31 4 years ago

The facebook vid could be the worst pinball vid I've every watched. They need to get some call outs from Bob Menery or something. One Rated-R version, one PG. That'd spice it up.

#32 4 years ago

Looks more fun than Stranger Things and way more fun than Rock and Morty.

#33 4 years ago

Man, that really does look good. Sort of evocative of Getaway, some similar shots. The music will be really key on this one

#34 4 years ago

Does that car just spin the whole game? That would kind of suck. Other than that the game looks really great. I loved Hot Wheels as a kid and never would have thought of this for a pinball machine, but it fits great.

#35 4 years ago

Surprised me. I thought we'd see Sherlock Holmes.

Hot Wheels - Kind of reminds me of Stern Mustang in general. I had Mustang which was pretty decent but average. Hope this is better.
    This also seems to maybe be not as full as the previous AP games. I wonder if the price will be cheaper this time ?

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Does that car just spin the whole game? That would kind of suck. Other than that the game looks really great. I loved Hot Wheels as a kid and never would have thought of this for a pinball machine, but it fits great.

Well the naysayers will tell you that Hot Wheels is a kiddie theme that no one is going to buy. These are the same that would line up for a STERN or JJP TMNT or Toy Story.

The game does look great, I just want to play the damn thing!

#37 4 years ago

Looks interesting. One big question about the offset screen. WHY?

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Looks interesting. One big question about the offset screen. WHY?

Maybe a licensing agreement to capture the car.

#39 4 years ago

Those colored ramps really go great with the theme. Looked fairly tight in the video, but hopefully the flow is a bit better in person. I have a couple boys that might love playing this soon. Good stuff.

#40 4 years ago

The art should accommodate the screen and not the other way around. So weird looking. Who is making these decisions over there?

#41 4 years ago

eh screen doesn't bother me. Not a lot different than the old Stern games having the score displays all over the place.

#42 4 years ago

Not a fan of off center display. First impression.
    Second one, looks like a fun game.
    Like the original AP head back.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Agreed. The constant spinning is distracting in the video. Hopefully code updates will change that. Maybe have it spin at different speeds during different modes and as the game progresses. Overall...color me impressed!

#44 4 years ago

If this pin is as fun as it looks it'll be a hit!

The off center display doesn't bother me one bit. In fact I like it because it shows more great artwork on the backglass.

I'm excited to play it.

-Paul

#45 4 years ago

Looks fun! Watched the video and I noticed that the spinner sounds are recycled from Oktoberfest. Easily something that can be altered in the code if need be, but maybe a revving engine or something would make for a more powerful spinner sound.

Congrats to American Pinball! Can't wait to get my hands on this.

#46 4 years ago

Looks great for a kids room

#48 4 years ago

Game looks cool. Can’t wait to play. As a hot wheels Adult collector with a massive collection I may need to get this one. This would be my first AP game.

#49 4 years ago

Congratulations to AP! Game looks great. I wish you every success.

#50 4 years ago

Looks really good. Can't wait to play on location.

There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-hotwheels?hl=wipinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.