80 days ago

Topic Stats

• 148 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 73 days ago by rosh
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

um yeah (resized).png
    2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
    2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
    2000000000850341 (resized).jpg
    CF252A8A-C2BD-40D2-82DF-7D64CE32C4B9 (resized).jpeg
    ezgif-5-55d025de6314.gif
    89580862_3875920535759364_963767511348674560_n (resized).jpg
    89150852_3875923765759041_6062180153134415872_n (resized).jpg
    1261367 (resized).jpg
    NsJhsSo (resized).jpg
    xpk1MdV (resized).jpg
    XCe0YLs (resized).jpg
    EjMNzvb (resized).jpg
    ERF3irP (resized).jpg
    7oey7ic (resized).jpg
    EjMNzvb (resized).jpg

There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 79 days ago

Well that’s a firm nope from Dan

Would be nice if it was a prototype so they could add the hot wheels elements, you know like crazy ramps and a loop the loop!?

#102 79 days ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Well that’s a firm nope from Dan
    Would be nice if it was a prototype so they could add the hot wheels elements, you know like crazy ramps and a loop the loop!?

NDAs are harsh mistresses

#103 79 days ago
    Quoted from DanDanDAN:

NDAs are harsh mistresses

Yeah, I wouldn't expect API to have their shit together and for this to NOT be a prototype that will be adjusted/added to.

Positive is it seems ready to go and be sold, unlike what happened delay wise with Oktoberfest....so that's excellent!

Negative being this game seems semi-vacant compared to the jam packed Oktoberfest.

Either way, I hope it shoots better. I could never aim shots well on Oktoberfest, and never found shots in succession. My big issue with Houdini, other than narrow ramp openings, were those really lovely pop bumpers being somewhat too dominant.

#104 79 days ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Yeah, I wouldn't expect API to have their shit together and for this to NOT be a prototype that will be adjusted/added to.
    Positive is it seems ready to go and be sold, unlike what happened delay wise with Oktoberfest....so that's excellent!
    Negative being this game seems semi-vacant compared to the jam packed Oktoberfest.
    Either way, I hope it shoots better. I could never aim shots well on Oktoberfest, and never found shots in succession. My big issue with Houdini, other than narrow ramp openings, were those really lovely pop bumpers being somewhat too dominant.

STOP IT
    my tongue is a mangled mess from biting it so much!

#105 79 days ago
    Quoted from delt31:

The demand for TMNT is big. Don't take my word for it - I'm hearing the same from distributors. TMNT will crush hot wheels in sales.
    The rest is just opinions and quite frankly, no one cares whether I think TMNT is better than hot wheels but if you think hot wheels will outsell TMNT, lmk where to sign the dotted line b/c it's easy money.

Im sure nobody thinks that. The biggest Stern turds sell better than alot of superior pins.

#106 79 days ago

The spinning car is such a waste and appears so amateur. Why not put money into some other mechanism or another ramp? I have Houdini and love it. While the art looks great here, the rest seems blah.

#108 79 days ago

I see the side rails are narrow to show more artwork.Some nice chrome trim / orange powder coat would look nice

#109 79 days ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Im sure nobody thinks that. The biggest Stern turds sell better than alot of superior pins.

And that’s because Stern know that good/great themes and artwork let you get away with a lot as well as gift you sales before anyone has even seen the game! AP clearly haven't realised this yet.

#110 79 days ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

The biggest Stern turds

I'd like to vote on the official reference being.....*drum, err fartroll*....."Sturds".

#111 79 days ago

Looks awesome !

Too brutal for target audience ......... Kids

AP is amazing I wish they would target the old ballers !

#112 79 days ago

I like the offset monitor. Now the backglass artwork flows at the top and right around it, more space to show something instead of a small border left and right next to the screen. Even with the machine off the backglass will be nice and will show clearly what game it is.

#113 79 days ago

Posting in both threads.

#114 79 days ago

that car spinning is making me sick, but I did have a few drinks last night

#115 78 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Not to mention those weird vibrating API and Hot Wheels flags....

Aside from those three things, seems to shoot smoothly.

#116 78 days ago

Looks fine and look forward to playing it. I hope they sell a ton to locations. I am a "car guy" and a certified Houdini owner but this one is not for me. Here's hoping the next theme will appeal to me.

#117 78 days ago

I figure it'll be pretty fun, just based on what they did with Oktoberfest and Houdini. That display, though, oh man. Not just offset, but a little higher, further away from where the player is looking. I haven't played it yet but I'm curious to see how well the software and shots on the playfield give the player enough time to take in what's on the screen when there is something up there the player should see. That's pretty important in terms of fun. Also, as a home user, often a solo player, I don't like the whole "the screen is also for the benefit of onlookers" rationale.

#118 78 days ago

First mod for this game : how to remove the spinning rod with a car on it.

Hands down would be a great "add-off".

Other than that, looks great, I won't buy.

#119 78 days ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

First mod for this game : how to remove the spinning rod with a car on it.

Right after standard flipper bats!

#120 78 days ago

The spinning car is a HOT mess!

#121 78 days ago

Looks bright, colorful, and fun.....Resale value will not be kind to this game

#122 78 days ago

I think the spinning car will only come on at certain time with newer code. Just enabled now to show what it does.
    Certainly is an ordinary visual effect.

#123 78 days ago
    Quoted from RA77:

I think the spinning car will only come on at certain time with newer code. Just enabled now to show what it does.

Let’s hope so!

#124 78 days ago
    Quoted from RA77:

It’s just such an uninspired, unnecessary element that looks as though it was just thrown on last minute so they could say it has a ‘toy’. Even if it only spins once in a while, it’s once in a while too much. There’s nothing appealing about it. It’s actually incredibly annoying and distracting. Hopefully there’s a stripped down Pro version to be revealed.

#125 78 days ago

The spinning car doesnt bother me the more I watch it. Its sort of cool to have a mech going on while playing that speeds up when you are going faster. I always like Hurricane ferris wheels for that reason.
    Those stop motion animations are awesome! Goes with the kid theme. What a great way to change it up from the typical cgi.

#126 78 days ago

Everyone has forgotten you Mario Andretti
    Good reason I guess.

Quoted from Viggin900:

Those stop motion animations are awesome! Goes with the kid theme.

I like

#127 78 days ago

My only complaint are the pop bumper tops,hopefully they arent final. I think its just flat plastic? AP games always look like they have a lot just because of 3d pop bumpers. Its their signature.

#128 78 days ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Its their signature.

I always thought their signature was horrible themes and art?

Put this next to Houdini and you wouldn’t know they came from the same company if you weren’t following the hobby. What a contrast. Just the pop bumpers alone.

#129 78 days ago

Could be fun for the right price, but I probably wouldn’t pay more than $4,500. Do we know the actual price to buy?

#130 78 days ago
    Quoted from jonesjb:

Could be fun for the right price, but I probably wouldn’t pay more than $4,500. Do we know the actual price to buy?

There have been rumors. But no where near $4500.

I don't think we'll ever see a new pinball machine for that range ever again.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : I wish we did. Think of the boost to ops.

#131 78 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

There have been rumors. But no where near $4500.
    Disclaimer : I wish we did. Think of the boost to ops.

Punny Factory should be at that price point.

#132 78 days ago

New Thunderbird for $4000.

#133 78 days ago
    Quoted from T3quila:

Punny Factory should be at that price point.

$5500 to $6000 according to Pinball News - https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/12/16/punny-factory/

And I don't believe you can buy them yet. So who knows once they contract building.

#134 78 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

$5500 to $6000 according to Pinball News - https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/12/16/punny-factory/
    And I don't believe you can buy them yet. So who knows once they contract building.

Well it was meant as a joke, but that price range for this game seems far reaching.... As I understand it wasn't very well received.

#135 78 days ago

With the way the economy is heading they really needed a home run. While this might be their best title so far that isn't saying much since the bar was never that high. I still have no idea how they can look at that finished product and say as a group "we did it guys".

#136 78 days ago
    Quoted from Spiderpin:

Heck of a good deal. Wonder if anyone owns them and how they are ? No offense to the manufacturer, I just don't know much about it or seen one.

Quoted from T3quila:

Well it was meant as a joke,

I'm old. If you want to be funny. You need to type slower so I get it.

#137 78 days ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

My only complaint are the pop bumper tops,hopefully they arent final. I think its just flat plastic? AP games always look like they have a lot just because of 3d pop bumpers. Its their signature.

um yeah (resized).png
    #138 78 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Heck of a good deal. Wonder if anyone owns them and how they are ?

Read my review if you have a minute Lloyd. I owned one.

#139 78 days ago
    Quoted from DanDanDAN:

[quoted image]

Well....if this game hits mid to low 5K....

#140 78 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

here have been rumors. But no where near $4500.

Multimorphic P3 game kits: https://www.multimorphic.com/category/p3-game-kits/

Yeah, I know you have to buy the system first...

#141 78 days ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Read my review if you have a minute Lloyd. I owned one.

Thank you. Since no big news going on about them. I was afraid of that.

Quoted from Spiderpin:

Isn't that what a used one solde for ? $6200 new ?

#142 78 days ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Nah, I'm sober and its making me sick. What a shit toy. Please don't start posting from other new games or toys from the past that suck worse. We are talking Hot Wheels and that toy sucks. I hope they sell a ton of them and this looks like it will be kinda fun to shoot maybe, but Why AP? Hot wheels, Why? And that's not to say they couldn't have made a cool Hot Wheels game. I buy the cars all the time for my nephew and yeah I've kept many, I mean they have nice looking hot rods and bug themes cars etc. It didn't have to look like its place is in a Kindergarten class room but thats what they did. Why?

#143 78 days ago

First mod for me would be to take that horizontal arm off and mount a really cool Hot Wheels car directly on the vertical post. That way the rotating car would not be nearly as annoying.

#144 78 days ago

I like the theme....game looks like a ton of fun....not sure its worth $6K+ , but it looks well thought out

#145 78 days ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm old. If you want to be funny. You need to type slower so I get it.

I am old also, and have trouble hearing, so please type louder.

#146 78 days ago

Indy 500 had a similar revolving car (under a clear plastic cover, for safety I guess). Indy 500 was an excellent game in my opinion. It helped that it had a lot of other toys besides the revolving car (the turbo booster that shot fast balls down the ramp, the Indy Car lock, the unique 4-LED targets). Maybe the best thing about the revolving car was that you could feel it, sorta like having a shaker motor.

#147 78 days ago

I'm guessing Hot Wheels is more of the contract kinda game ? and certainly not for hardcorepinheads
    now wondering what THE other title in development is ? perhaps that's directed to pinheads and will be AP's game changer ?

Anyway as always I wish AP the best, They do some incredible work and the entire team deserves respect.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 12.00
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    € 4.20
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Monk
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 78.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 64.95
    $ 26.95
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 12,500.00
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside