Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 148 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by rosh
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

um yeah (resized).png
    2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
    2000000000850339 (resized).jpg
    2000000000850341 (resized).jpg
    CF252A8A-C2BD-40D2-82DF-7D64CE32C4B9 (resized).jpeg
    ezgif-5-55d025de6314.gif
    89580862_3875920535759364_963767511348674560_n (resized).jpg
    89150852_3875923765759041_6062180153134415872_n (resized).jpg
    1261367 (resized).jpg
    NsJhsSo (resized).jpg
    xpk1MdV (resized).jpg
    XCe0YLs (resized).jpg
    EjMNzvb (resized).jpg
    ERF3irP (resized).jpg
    7oey7ic (resized).jpg
    EjMNzvb (resized).jpg

There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from konjurer:

. If this comes in around the price of a Pro I think they'll do much better with this release.

Hahahahaha...........
    Looks good, but won't be cheap.

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Looks really good. Can't wait to play on location.

This is exactly the problem with AP games. Everyone says they want to play them but nobody wants to own them. I too will hopefully spend a few dollars on one at some point.

#53 4 years ago

Won't be something I buy because the theme just doesn't do it for me at all, but at glance looks like a nice effort from AP. I'll be interested to play it, at the very least.

Love the color scheme and art. Nicely done.

With what little I can see, animations look like a HUGE step forward for AP. Much better/faster transitions, fitting for the theme.

I know it's early, but for the love of God, please put some serious effort into the sound. Spinner noise, honking horn, repeat.....

#54 4 years ago

I wonder if they used eye tracking equipment to determine the optimal location for the LCD.

ezgif-5-55d025de6314.gifezgif-5-55d025de6314.gif
    #55 4 years ago

This game has a lot of competition in terms of sales. I’m sure most people would buy tmnt over hot wheels

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

This game has a lot of competition in terms of sales. I’m sure most people would buy tmnt over hot wheels

Not most.

#57 4 years ago

Looking at the playfield.
    Getting the puny pinball vibe

#58 4 years ago

Stern tmnt is gonna dance on the grave of hot wheels. Just the original arcade alone is still one of the most expensive machines to purchase on the market today.

Elvira 3, tmnt, jp2, sth, ram just to name recent. Hot wheels looks cool and I’m sure it’ll do better than Oktoberfest but it’ll be hard to purchase over better licenses

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Toy turtles vs toy cars?

Cars win every time with me.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Toy turtles vs toy cars?

equals money staying in my bank account.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Just the original arcade alone is still one of the most expensive machines to purchase on the market today.

It's not cheap being in $1500-2000 range but can think of many more expensive arcade games.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

equals money staying in my bank account.

Well yeah, I ain't interested in owning either. But just saying, cars are WAY cooler than teenage turtles.

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from manadams:

It's not cheap being in $1500-2000 range but can think of many more expensive arcade games.

And it's nothing special at all. Just a side scrolling, beat 'em up, mash the buttons, quarter pumper. I think pin prices are ridiculous, but there's 1000x more replay value and entertainment versus an arcade game. Who the hell is impressed if they see there's a Turtle arcade game in the house?

#65 4 years ago

PinballSTAR will have HOT WHEELS at Allentown Pinfest in May...

We will have a limited number of show games available at a discount at the show and we are hoping some NIB ones as well...

If interested in a taking a discounted show game email Joe at [email protected] to get info !

Or just come and enjoy the hopefully several games we'll have in our booth for everyone to enjoy.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Well yeah, I ain't interested in owning either. But just saying, cars are WAY cooler than teenage turtles.

Oh I agree 100%.

#67 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Toy turtles vs toy cars?
    Cars win every time with me.

Aside from High speed series. Car themes haven’t done the greatest in pinball. But you gotta love Pinside. People think an American pinball hot wheels is a bigger draw than a stern ZY tmnt.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

This is exactly the problem with AP games. Everyone says they want to play them but nobody wants to own them. I too will hopefully spend a few dollars on one at some point.

Not everyone!! I’m
    Gonna order one up I have some good company waiting

CF252A8A-C2BD-40D2-82DF-7D64CE32C4B9 (resized).jpegCF252A8A-C2BD-40D2-82DF-7D64CE32C4B9 (resized).jpeg
    #69 4 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

Not everyone!! I’m
    Gonna order one up I have some good company waiting[quoted image]

Not sure HotWheels is in the same league (in terms of playfield toys), would definately want to play it first or at least see better videos.

#70 4 years ago

Would loved to have seen a magnet propelled orange track loop-de-loop.

#71 4 years ago

Looks amazing

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Would loved to have seen a magnet propelled orange track loop-de-loop.

Loop the loop could have been used with that kickback on the left of the right ramp, would have been enough force to fire it round a loop and straight back at the flippers.

#73 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

At least that's something. Hard to compete on Stern's level in your first few games. I have little desire to own most Stern games but enjoy playing most of them as well. At first glance, Hot Wheels looks like their most competitive model to date. If it plays better than their other games, might be a real winner.

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Aside from High speed series. Car themes haven’t done the greatest in pinball. But you gotta love Pinside. People think an American pinball hot wheels is a bigger draw than a stern ZY tmnt.

I am probably in the minority, but I really enjoyed the heck playing Mustang when I owned one.

#75 4 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

Not everyone!! I’m
    Gonna order one up I have some good company waiting[quoted image]

I love Houdini! Playing last night I had Bullet Catch, Trunk MB and Seance MB all going at once, the knocker firing like gunshots, magnets and light show were amazing for about 3 or 4 minutes. I'm not sure I can think of another game I've played with so much kick-assedness going on for so long. I think OKT is a blast as well and may own one down the road if I decide to sell something to make room for another game.

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Loop the loop could have been used with that kickback on the left of the right ramp, would have been enough force to fire it round a loop and straight back at the flippers.

That would have been really cool. My thought was more of one of the lane shots having a magnet in front of it, so that when you hit the shot the ball would be accelerated through the loop. Of course, this is all hypothetical so who knows if such a "toy" would work reliably.

I'm not going to pre-judge the game before I have a chance to see and play it in person. I was an avid HotWheels/Matchbox collector as a young boy, and even my son went through that phase. We built orange track ramps starting on the landing of our second story down to the first floor with loops and a giant jump at the end. These are the kind of HotWheels memories that most all of us have, and who wasn't in awe with the loop-de-loop? Just my opinion, but probably the most iconic/magical thing about HotWheels.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I don't understand this at all, are you suggesting a loop ramp that's the same level as the playfield and sitting in front of the kickback facing the flippers? The ball would hit it all the time. I guess I'm not picturing your idea.

#78 4 years ago

Big Hurt even has a nice loop ramp and fantastic jump ramps. Those could've been perfect in this game.

In fact, Big Hurt would be a pretty good start for re-theming as Hot Wheels.

- 3 jump ramps where the ball actually JUMPS over a gap and into one of 3 shots
    - Moving baseball mitt could be changed to something else, like the dinosaur or shark in Hot Wheels
    - Center ramp raises for an even higher jump over the gap and over the dino or shark
    - 180 degree loop ramp
    - CPU controlled drop targets

Big Hurt has a much higher BOM than most new releases do.

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

I don't understand this at all, are you suggesting a loop ramp that's the same level as the playfield and sitting in front of the kickback facing the flippers? The ball would hit it all the time. I guess I'm not picturing your idea.

Probably just using the kickback aimed another way with a loop ramp. Similar to this homebrew on the left hand side.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sonic-the-hedgehog-spinball#post-5355702

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Obviously wouldn’t work in its current configuration/layout but the kickback would have been a simple way to get a loop in the game.

Ideally something like the GB ramp would have been best, drop the ball below the playfield something to accelerate it into a loop back above the playfield back down and out, that would have been sweet!

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Big Hurt even has a nice loop ramp and fantastic jump ramps. Those could've been perfect in this game.
    - Moving baseball mitt could be changed to something else, like the dinosaur or shark in Hot Wheels
    - Center ramp raises for an even higher jump over the gap and over the dino or shark
    - 180 degree loop ramp

Just picked up a Big Hurt!

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

- 180 degree loop ramp

I'm not much for System 3's, but Big Hurt is a game I would like to own at some point.

#83 4 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Just picked up a Big Hurt!

Nice! It's a REALLY fun game. I like how it keeps track of runs or pinball score and there are many different records you can try setting and beating. Home Runs; Grand Slams; Catches; Stolen Bases

The ball launch wireforms could be rethemed to look like a hot wheels track and that would fit perfect.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

And it's nothing special at all. Just a side scrolling, beat 'em up, mash the buttons, quarter pumper. I think pin prices are ridiculous, but there's 1000x more replay value and entertainment versus an arcade game. Who the hell is impressed if they see there's a Turtle arcade game in the house?

The demand for TMNT is big. Don't take my word for it - I'm hearing the same from distributors. TMNT will crush hot wheels in sales.

The rest is just opinions and quite frankly, no one cares whether I think TMNT is better than hot wheels but if you think hot wheels will outsell TMNT, lmk where to sign the dotted line b/c it's easy money.

#85 4 years ago
    Quoted from planters49:

Looks really cool, but I don't like the offset screen at all.

My thoughts exactly. The only reason I can think of to position like that is to make the game standout in a line-up of games. And it does, just not in a good way.

Oh well, maybe it's less bothersome in person. Hope I get a chance to play one someday.

#86 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

The demand for TMNT is big. Don't take my word for it - I'm hearing the same from distributors. TMNT will crush hot wheels in sales.
    The rest is just opinions and quite frankly, no one cares whether I think TMNT is better than hot wheels but if you think hot wheels will outsell TMNT, lmk where to sign the dotted line b/c it's easy money.

I never said anything about sales. I don't give a rat's ass how many games a company sells. I just think teenage turtles is dumb as all hell and toy cars are at least cooler.

If anyone is ragging on Hot Wheels being a childish theme and then buys teenage turtles - that's fucking ironic.

#87 4 years ago

Here are a few better photos my distributor sent me from the AMOA floor yesterday. I think you can see a little more detail in the upper playfield without as much of a glare.

2000000000850341 (resized).jpg2000000000850341 (resized).jpg2000000000850339 (resized).jpg2000000000850339 (resized).jpg2000000000850337 (resized).jpg2000000000850337 (resized).jpg
    #88 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I never said anything about sales. I don't give a rat's ass how many games a company sells. I just think teenage turtles is dumb as all hell and toy cars are at least cooler.
    If anyone is ragging on Hot Wheels being a childish theme and then buys teenage turtles - that's fucking ironic.

Oh got you. Hot wheels to me is incredibly dumb and tmnt all day over it but fair point about both being perceived as childish.

#89 4 years ago

The spinning car is annoying. If it doesn't contribute anything to gameplay get rid of it.

#90 4 years ago

Any idea who designed the game for AP?

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from calprog:

Any idea who designed the game for AP?

Most likely Joe Balcer.

LTG : )

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Most likely Joe Balcer.
    LTG : )

That's what I assumed, reminds me of Apollo 13

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from BD_Designs:

Here are a few better photos my distributor sent me from the AMOA floor yesterday. I think you can see a little more detail in the upper playfield without as much of a glare.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I do like the coloring and art, truly screams HotWheels.

#94 4 years ago

Anyone know where this supposed stream is occurring?

#95 4 years ago

Layout looks good, I’m excited to play it

#96 4 years ago

22 forward fan shots almost seem as if you will hit anything if you just shot north on the playfield. I can see this being a long player.
    Looks like it will fit in and do well at the family fun centers, and for grandkids of Pinheads.
    At $6299 it is within range of a Stern Pro but lacking the theme pull for 40-60 year old demographic.

#97 4 years ago

I totally understand and can relate to peoples view that Hot Wheels does nothing for them. I feel the exact same way about TMNT coming out.

#98 4 years ago

I also understand this one is still a prototype? Possible changes to be made still?

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

I also understand this one is still a prototype? Possible changes to be made still?

Let’s hope so.

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

uh....

There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-hotwheels/page/2?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.