(Topic ID: 285818)

American Pinball - Hot Wheels, Sleeper of the year?

By fnosm

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by RyanStl
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hot-wheels-aero-blast-aircraft (resized).jpeg
IMG_7887 (resized).jpg
IMG_7888 (resized).jpg
arch blades (resized).JPG
hw_flyer_front (resized).png
Detail12 (resized).jpg
82558bd755d4bf64f8b1324b360ed554_XL (resized).jpg
hotwheels-backglass-upper-portion_orig (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnosm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I have been playing Hot Wheels lately and I get so excited I come to Pinside to keep the rush going. But I can't find the love for this game. There is the Challenge Accepted thread which is good but that is not enough. This game deserves much more.

This game is awesome, built like a tank, beautiful art, amazing light show, great sounds, call outs, fun rule set, family friendly theme beautifully executed. Hot Wheels comes loaded with skins (it even has a skin on the apron, has this happened on other games?) shaker motor etc...

I love this game and I can't believe this thing isn't the best selling game of the year, except for GnR & R&M. I believe that once the pandemic is gone and people get out and play this game they are gonna freak. This is truly the game that no one knows about, I hope they are still making them when it catches fire.

Now I'm not saying there isn't room for improvement (stock topper, silly spinning car, youtube videos come to mind) but these are a non-issue and you can't beat the value for the $ anywhere.

Can I get some love for this amazing pinball?

82558bd755d4bf64f8b1324b360ed554_XL (resized).jpg82558bd755d4bf64f8b1324b360ed554_XL (resized).jpgDetail12 (resized).jpgDetail12 (resized).jpghotwheels-backglass-upper-portion_orig (resized).pnghotwheels-backglass-upper-portion_orig (resized).pnghw_flyer_front (resized).pnghw_flyer_front (resized).png

#5 3 years ago

I think it is a great theme. Race cars, tachometers, tires burning rubber.

Growing up I played with Hot Wheels making tracks and loops and seeing how high you could start it without it falling off the track.
My parents also liked the track as it was easier to grab then a belt It hurts believe me.

Not to mention dream machines, cars that only exist imagination.

Hot Wheels are great.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Honestly, I don't even notice it anymore.

This

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I will buy one when the money is under $5K

How is this going to happen if they don't sell a ton of them?

I'm not comparing it to POTC but I bet a lot of people were planning on buying Pirates when the price came down.

#13 3 years ago

Remember the whoosh of cars whizzing through the flexing track? It would be great to get this sound to play when you make that left orbit shot onto the ramp that feeds the right lane.

You can hear it in this video at 2:49

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Not quite the hallmark of a great toy when the best thing about it is not noticing it anymore- haha. That said, I haven’t seen the game in the wild, but I would love the chance to play it.

Just saying it is a visual cue that will help the player if they are interested in using it but if not they shouldn't worry that it will detract from the enjoyment of the game because it doesn't.

#18 3 years ago

There are some great mods for this game too. Check these out.

Pop Bumper Wheels - Sweet
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1080-the-mod-couple/03899-api-hot-wheels-redline-tires-custom-3d-pop-bumper-set

This anti-rattle mod is almost a necessity especially at this price.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1268-3d-tech-pinball-parts/04245-hot-wheels-metal-wire-guide-brace

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from Vegas9:

Thanks for the kind words, Mike. That was a funny moment. "I'm actually at Walmart, in the Hot Wheels aisle right now!"
The OP is correct. Once you guys play this game, you will realize the gem that it truly is. I play Hot Wheels nearly every day. Thank you for the support from all of us American Pinball. Yes, I may be a little biased, but I was a pinhead before I ever worked at AP, and my love for Hot Wheels pinball is genuine. Please give the game a shot at your next opportunity and experience it for yourself. Then you'll understand.
-Michael from American Pinball

Hi Michael,
Thanks for a great game and for looking in on us out here. Having Company support in the forums is HUGE!

#27 3 years ago

Here is a picture of the pinblades on the Hot Wheels Apron. Is this a first?

arch blades (resized).JPGarch blades (resized).JPG
#28 3 years ago

Has anyone tried using a Subwoofer on Hot Wheels?
Any suggestions on how to go about it. I am considering tapping the leads to the speaker in the cabinet with alligator clips.

#42 3 years ago

There is a cool amp in the back box with a separate crossover and volume for the sub. I think you could unplug the in box sub and connect your external right there at the amp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Hidden Meadows, CA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fnosm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-hot-wheels-sleeper-of-the-year?tu=fnosm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.