Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider briks-707.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 2 years ago

I have played all 3, I own Hot Wheels and recently picked up an Oktoberfest. I really enjoy Houdini and Oktoberfest, great original themes with creative layouts. I don’t have many positive things to say about Hot Wheels, it shoots/plays kind of generic compared to AP’s other offerings. Oktoberfest is my favorite out of the bunch.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

My HW had normal dimpling and some ribbing and felt poorly designed with a bad center playfield layout.
    Code was excellent with lots of breadth but shallow overall and most good players would do better just playing on location then owning one i feel after having one for a short time and making it through the entire game RipleYYY
    Id love to own a Octoberfest at some point though cause when I played it it was alot more fun then JJP POTC right beside it.
    Hows that Levi can AP say they finally made it? LOL!

My sentiments exactly, those RPM targets cause a ton of air balls on my Hot Wheels machine (with lowered flipper strength and leveled correctly). My my playfield has taken a beating with less than 150 plays, tons of deep dimples. Love the code but the layout is uninspiring and that’s being kind, we can’t even get a loop ramp…..all we get it a car that spins around on a stick, meh. Oktoberfest and Houdini have such creative and fun layouts it leaves me scratching my head…..what happened with Hot Wheels, no budget?? With the theme you’d expect a layout similar to Avengers AIQ, with crazy ramps shots all over the playfield…..such a missed opportunity AP!! I’ve got my fingers crossed your next title will bring back that creative edge your first 2 offering had.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider briks-707.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-fanboys?tu=briks-707 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.