Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Im a one machine guy right now. Only have Houdini. I really enjoy the game. I usually rotate games in and out quickly. This one has stayed. Anyone own all 3 machines? Or played all 3? I might want to get Oktoberfest. Looks good on videos. Hotwheels is a cheesy theme to me not sure if I can get into it.

#2 2 years ago

If hot wheels is a cheesy theme, how is Oktoberfest not? Haha

I’ve played all three a good amount. Here are my favorites in order:

Houdini
    Hot wheels
    Oktoberfest

#3 2 years ago

Just unboxed Hot Wheels this week - instant pure fun, I also own a JP Prem and a TAF. Surprised by the build quality of American Pinball.

#4 2 years ago

I like playing HotWheels, the other two I simply can't stand. Now the next one will put A.P. on the map even more then H.W.

#5 2 years ago

We shall see. I think it would’ve been wise to go unlicensed/licensed/unlicensed/licensed

LOV is amazing, but I don’t think it sells a lot since the theme is not good enough. I hope word spreads quick about how good that game is.

#6 2 years ago

Big AP fan. Looking forward to Nordmans game licensed or unlicensed.

#7 2 years ago

4 year Houdini Owner. Great Game.
    Looking forward to the next AP.

#8 2 years ago

I’ve had my Houdini for two years and absolutely love it. It’s never leaving my collection. I’ve played Oktoberfest about a dozen games or so. I like it a lot, but wouldn’t buy it because I’m limited by how much space I have (and money). I haven’t had the opportunity to play Hotwheels but would love to. It’s also not a theme I’d buy, but it looks fun. I love AP as a company and am very excited to see what they come up with next. If it’s Sherlock or LOV I’ll definitely find the space and money to get it. With JJP imploding with poor quality games and even poorer customer service, the time is ripe for people to recognize how great AP truly is. I hope it happens. And I hope AP continues to put out original, high quality games.

#9 2 years ago

I am an AP fan. Great bang for the buck. And well built. Houdini is fun. Oktoberfest is more fun (to me). Have yet to play hot wheels.

#10 2 years ago

AP fan as well.... well built , great bang for the buck, and the best customer service in the industry

#11 2 years ago

Ill echo what most have said. Houdini is amazing...not sure id ever get rid of it....build quality is great, and customer service is fantastic. American has been a great company...

#12 2 years ago

AP build quality is above Sterns and JJP.

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

We shall see. I think it would’ve been wise to go unlicensed/licensed/unlicensed/licensed
    LOV is amazing, but I don’t think it sells a lot since the theme is not good enough. I hope word spreads quick about how good that game is.

You can buy LOV? How?

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

You can buy LOV? How?

American is building it.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

American is building it.

We hope, no firm word yet.

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

We hope, no firm word yet.

I think you’re going to be happy!

#18 2 years ago

Ahh, sorry B-man. You know, its when you find the right lady.
    Legends of Valhalla.

#20 2 years ago

I love AP. Have all three of their games, and would keep coming back for their new ones. Solidly built (well, after early Houdinis with their power problems), unique themes, and they feel different enough from the other three manufacturers to really make it worthwhile. Great tech support, too. I am very much in if their next one is Legends of Valhalla. I've been looking into getting one of the six Riot editions, so if I can get it from AP, even better!

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think you’re going to be happy!

Instabuy for me

#22 2 years ago

Hot Wheels has quickly turned into a favorite here. To be honest I wasn't 100% certain I would be excited about this game but it is a classic.

#23 2 years ago

I have played all 3, I own Hot Wheels and recently picked up an Oktoberfest. I really enjoy Houdini and Oktoberfest, great original themes with creative layouts. I don’t have many positive things to say about Hot Wheels, it shoots/plays kind of generic compared to AP’s other offerings. Oktoberfest is my favorite out of the bunch.

#24 2 years ago

Still have Houdini...going on 3 years. I might add...the PF is still looking fantastic!

Still eyeing Hot Wheels, local pin arcade has one - been playing it whenever I go.

Just found out there's an Ocktoberfest a few miles down the road - headed there soon.

#25 2 years ago

AP Fan here.

Got one of the first Houdini Pins in europe and I'm happy with the Game.

There was alot trouble shooting and solving problems but all the AP people did a great job.

Still Not 100% Happy with the Houdini hardware but the Gameplay is awesome. Will now do tweaks on my own and try to Bring Houdini over the edge.

Still waiting for the AP #4 with finger on the trigger - octoberfest and hotwheels are pretty fun and Special Games but i can't get over the theme.

Gameplaywise and buildquality are top notch

#26 2 years ago

For me,, LOV needs some refinement for sho. Maybe 'Merican can get er dun

#27 2 years ago

I'm considering my first american pinball perhaps hotwheels. I like to support smaller companies who have good customer service. Does the board set seem user friendly? Any playfield issues? Thanks in advance!

#28 2 years ago

Anyone know when we are going to see the next game?

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I'm considering my first american pinball perhaps hotwheels. I like to support smaller companies who have good customer service. Does the board set seem user friendly? Any playfield issues? Thanks in advance!

In my opinion you can't go wrong with an AP game. They are fun, original, solidly built and the company has great customer service. I own a Houdini. I've played a lot of Oktoberfest. Unfortunately, no locations around me carry Hotwheels so I've yet to play that game. I haven't heard of any playfield issues with any of their games. While Houdini is not an easy game and its shots are tight, it is very rewarding and it makes me a better player the more I play it. I find Oktoberfest a tad easier, but still a difficult game. I like difficult to master games because they keep me coming back and I don't get bored with them.

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Big AP fan. Looking forward to Nordmans game licensed or unlicensed.

I haven’t got to much playtime with AP pins but certainly looking forward to what Nordman brings.

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

John,
    There’s nothing in the game that would surprise you. I go over a lot of what AP service looks like on this podcast https://www.slamtiltpodcast.com/2021/04/07/episode-164-residual-magnetism/

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from cnuts13:

Im a one machine guy right now...

same here, not enough place (or may be i can set space for 2 but... )

anyway, about AP i've started with OF and was very happy, than get a Houdini, different pin/gameplay, but also very happy with it
    now i have a SW PRO, but still HW is on my wishlist from time
    these are nice pins, good build quality, with a nice customers service and/or even direct talks with AP guys here (and there)

#33 2 years ago

American Pinball really does build there machines well. After 1 month I have no dimpling at all on my Hot Wheels and it plays rock solid. If I was an operator I'd have to seriously consider them as a good solution. I love Octoberfest and was a bit disappointed when the one on location got sold. Hopefully I can pick one up at a decent price point via trade at some point. If I can bring myself to part with anything.

Can't wait to see what they come up with next. They have a great team put together.

#34 2 years ago

We'll know AP has finally made it when there are true AP fanboys running around shitting up Stern and JJP threads with their nonstop attacks coupled with AP fanaticism.

Here's hoping, right?

#35 2 years ago

... or maybe there are just fans of AP games and want to express their appreciation without bashing any other companies.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We'll know AP has finally made it when there are true AP fanboys running around shitting up Stern and JJP threads with their nonstop attacks coupled with AP fanaticism.
    Here's hoping, right?

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Here's hoping, right?

My HW had normal dimpling and some ribbing and felt poorly designed with a bad center playfield layout.

Code was excellent with lots of breadth but shallow overall and most good players would do better just playing on location then owning one i feel after having one for a short time and making it through the entire game RipleYYY

Id love to own a Octoberfest at some point though cause when I played it it was alot more fun then JJP POTC right beside it.

Hows that Levi can AP say they finally made it? LOL!

#37 2 years ago

American Pinball offers well built games, deep code and great customer support. All three games offer something different for pinball fans. I have no doubt that the next game will be fun and great quality.

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

My HW had normal dimpling and some ribbing and felt poorly designed with a bad center playfield layout.
    Code was excellent with lots of breadth but shallow overall and most good players would do better just playing on location then owning one i feel after having one for a short time and making it through the entire game RipleYYY
    Id love to own a Octoberfest at some point though cause when I played it it was alot more fun then JJP POTC right beside it.

Much better thank you!

I didn't care too much for their first two efforts, but I hear Hot Wheels is a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to checking it out. Whatever you may think of their early efforts I think we can all agree that they showed how an upstart should and can act; they just kept their mouths shut, quickly corrected their early mistakes (shitcanning Jpop) and have quietly churned out games in a timely and professional fashion to the point where they appear to be a viable, functioning pinball manufacturer.

Kind of the opposite of what we've seen from some other, more high-profile upstarts.

#39 2 years ago

Houdini has been a tank. No issues after 5000 plays. Josh has been updating the code and supporting it. I would buy another American machine without hesitation.

#40 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Much better thank you!
    I didn't care too much for their first two efforts, but I hear Hot Wheels is a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to checking it out. Whatever you may think of their early efforts I think we can all agree that they showed how an upstart should and can act; they just kept their mouths shut, quickly corrected their early mistakes (shitcanning Jpop) and have quietly churned out games in a timely and professional fashion to the point where they appear to be a viable, functioning pinball manufacturer.
    Kind of the opposite of what we've seen from some other, more high-profile upstarts.

HW is alot of fun! They have done great in all aspects. I remember playing the demo Houdini at Pinfest and talked to Josh and have been a fan since. Lets hope the next theme after Valuhala is a license that knocks it out of the park cause Id glady buy one.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

My sentiments exactly, those RPM targets cause a ton of air balls on my Hot Wheels machine (with lowered flipper strength and leveled correctly). My my playfield has taken a beating with less than 150 plays, tons of deep dimples. Love the code but the layout is uninspiring and that’s being kind, we can’t even get a loop ramp…..all we get it a car that spins around on a stick, meh. Oktoberfest and Houdini have such creative and fun layouts it leaves me scratching my head…..what happened with Hot Wheels, no budget?? With the theme you’d expect a layout similar to Avengers AIQ, with crazy ramps shots all over the playfield…..such a missed opportunity AP!! I’ve got my fingers crossed your next title will bring back that creative edge your first 2 offering had.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Here's hoping, right?

not evbd is here to be negative

re-read my post, you will see that we (my son & i) actually have a SW home, and we enjoyed it for sure...
    even if we've gone to wizard mode to much time already lol ! you know what i mean you're a player too (and better than us)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-fanboys?hl=mightygrave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.