(Topic ID: 217233)

American Pinball #2 - Start the Rumor Mill

By Arcadevudoo

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Arnie Wiesn (resized).png
    326C04D4-4E1C-4415-9BB3-4E8D88761DC3 (resized).jpeg
    A party (resized).jpg
    beers (resized).jpg
    dasch (resized).jpg
    welcome (resized).jpg
    IMG_0902 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0901 (resized).JPG
    ca 1 (resized).JPG
    ca 2 (resized).jpg
    TS (resized).JPG
    Fraulein (resized).jpg
    IMG_2457 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2456 (resized).JPG
    kick-ass-costume-300x250 (resized).jpg
    glasses (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#193 5 years ago

I'll stick with unlicensed themes by suggesting ... Hairy Trotter. It's a coming of age story about a young wizard (Hairy) who goes off to boarding school (Cog Warts) and returns home as the very badass ... Warlock (with a W scar on his forehead).

#252 5 years ago

International shipping themed game would be great. Help delivery person drop off and pickup packages. FedEx vs USPS vs UPS vs DHL - who is fastest, most accurate and less damage.

#269 5 years ago

I am also waiting for the first karate themed pin. This weekend I started talking about Kung Fu with non-pinball people and everyone remembers the show fondly. The main show was 3 years in the 70's and they did a reboot in 80's for 4 years.

Then I started reading about the Karate Kid reboot on Pinside, and those that were skeptical became fans. What is better than training for the big match and then facing opponents on the way to the top. That is basically the theme on CP anyways, substitute martial arts for boxing and you have a winner. Vaguely similar to WWE too.

So hoping for Kung Fu or Karate Kid one day soon.

#274 5 years ago

Eight machines listed but only one is legit imo, having sold more than 1000 games - SF2. In early 90's, 5k-10k sales was a good run and SF2 sold a respectable 5.6k games. Time for another martial arts pin .... Kung Fu with Master teaching life lessons to Grasshopper or Karate Kid waxing on and off and battling other dojos ???

Certainly would be a better theme than one based on video game Fortnite. Ask anyone under 18 to name a friend not addicted to playing this game and it could take them awhile. Fortunately few over 25 know what you are talking about and that is your target pinball buyer/player anyways, so while that theme seems good at first it doesn't pan out in long run. Time is ripe for another martial arts pin.

#312 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah you'll see "(characters)" after his name...so he gets writing credits for all Halloween movies for inventing them. Same way Dan O'Bannon gets credits every Alien movie.

I've always wondered if the executive producers are non-contributors. Some films have multiple director and executive directors that I understood executive director to mean they didn't do much. Is that a norm?

#379 5 years ago

Rollerball came out before Harry Potter or Hunger Games and murdering the other team was cool (and highly encouraged). Can't tell you how many times I imagined playing for James Caan's team.

IMG_2456 (resized).JPGIMG_2456 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2457 (resized).JPGIMG_2457 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-2-start-the-rumor-mill?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.