(Topic ID: 217233)

American Pinball #2 - Start the Rumor Mill

By Arcadevudoo

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Arnie Wiesn (resized).png
    326C04D4-4E1C-4415-9BB3-4E8D88761DC3 (resized).jpeg
    A party (resized).jpg
    beers (resized).jpg
    dasch (resized).jpg
    welcome (resized).jpg
    IMG_0902 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0901 (resized).JPG
    ca 1 (resized).JPG
    ca 2 (resized).jpg
    TS (resized).JPG
    Fraulein (resized).jpg
    IMG_2457 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2456 (resized).JPG
    kick-ass-costume-300x250 (resized).jpg
    glasses (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ericpinballfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

I'm going to lay even money on one fact!
    Game will have a knocker!
    I have been told that this will be a Joe Balcer design.
    ( Update- Confirmed)

#10 5 years ago

Woz, Houdini .....bring it on Joe B., Im sold.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

Stooges would be awesome

Fun...but would only sell 40 units.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

I am surprised to hear you say that.

Rosh- Market research.
    I feel it's very important to hear every complaint regarding any title. Does AP want to make a game no-one wants?
    Many want to see AP succeed and not crash and burn with title #2. I also feel that a German themed pin with a joyful event such as Oktoberfest celebrating the Fall harvest is not a very good Idea. Many associate the title and theme with drinking beer. That's kind of an american embellishment of the event , same as Cinco de mayo. These events in there home countries don't necessarily revolve directly with drinking beer, but this is the idea most associated with these events.
    Oktoberfest in home or Arcade setting? Not really what operators are looking for. I for one would never buy a beer drinking theme, even if it revolves around the family friendly event in Germany. Just not a home environment pin I want to stare at every day. The Fall harvest dates to pagan times and only in modern times has this grown to celebration of beer.
    Just my opinion but from what I've heard and seen, Oktoberfest is not a home run. I've even spoken with a few operators and dealers and if you ask around I do feel the impression of this theme is; "DreadFul".

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Market research extends way beyond Pinside.

Agreed, Hope Market research would extend way beyond Pinside. Important for game #2 to have global appeal.

Quoted from LTG:

So barcades won't want it ? Actually operators do want adult themed games. May not be a hit for home arcades.

I'm sure Barcades would be interested, All of them, NO. But wouldn't it be smarter to make a Theme that appeals across all Markets?

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

rosh , want an appealing theme? We need a new version of Haunted House.

That's a great unlicensed theme.

Barnum and Bailey mentioned earlier...not sure if they are unlicensed, isnt there a museum in Florida?

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Not sure I would be interested...
    I'd see it as an Andrew vs Kevin pin!
    Preorder skill shot
    Two Weeks Multiball vs The Midlle Truth Multiball
    Investors ball save
    Surviving the Lawsuit Wizard mode

^^^^Clever smart post of the week award!^^^^

#147 5 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

The assets are a huge part of the value of a licensed theme -- but, depends on the freedom you have in using them. Creating all assets from scratch is a ton of work, but as we have talked about, we can do what we want. I joked with Dwight Sullivan one time that he gets to go home, have a few beers and watch Ghostbusters and see what great lines Harold Ramis had written for him. I on the other hand would go home, drink Tequila and come up with the lines myself. Of course it was the power of tequila the brought reversed and inverted flippers to straitjacket multiball.
    The big advantage of a theme is that you have, potentially, a lot of interest out of the gate for those who are fans of the theme (and obviously you have some of the opposite, where some guys will be 'no way am I buying that theme'. But the success of machine needs more then the hard core fans, but that certainly can get sales moving fast. While hard core JJP fans jumped on Dialed In right away, most others were more apt to take a wait and see approach. Even with Houdini which is as close to a licensed theme you can get without being licensed, there was a 'wait and see' attitude with the exception of some hard core magic fans. Now part of that is the fact that were a new company and well, we have seen the recent track record on new companies. Now that we have shipped over 300 games, I think there are many collectors who are just now willing to give Houdini a real look.

Hey just because I refer to those guys . . .

What people say they will buy, and what they will actually buy are rarely the same. And that certainly goes both ways, willing to bet there are some folks who said "no way will I buy an Iron Maiden machine' who have now placed orders. I'd also bet there were guys saying "Stars Wars is a must have theme" and have chosen not to drop the coin.

Don't give him any ideas, I don't want to have to code for 26 balls.

I can hear the complaints now "too many modes" and "you did not include our show"

PM Sent!
    Unlicensed ideas should go to Rosh in private since others lurk around.

#153 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

If I ever have one better than the Three Stooges. I'll PM Ericpinballfan and he can PM rosh.
    LTG : )

Funny, no Pm's yet.

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I haven't had a better idea than the Three Stooges yet.
    I may never have one. If I do, you'll be the first to know.

Sending PM.

#212 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcbPalisade:

How about Hogan's Heroes? Lots of great lines from that one.

Ohh, and the ball could come out of that Laboa tree trunk. And the bed that goes up in barracks is the ball lock.
    Shultz and Klinger on sling shot plastics.

#220 5 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

I did have a line from it in my custom game.

Klinger? I think you have your war comedy TV shows mixed up,
    Klinger -- was cross dressing corporal bucking for a section 8
    Klink -- doofus in charge of German prison camp

It was early.
    Mash, would be a horrible pin.

1 week later
    #352 5 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

roh ro Raggy he he he he

Id love a Scooby Doo, and Im 50!
    But it better have all character voices and clips or it will turn into a Jetsons. Nothing except a few Astro mumbles. Same thing thats happening to JJP pirates. Sure Jack is going to sell a few for excellent game play. However its only going to sell about as many as Hobbit, now where near the numbers as Woz like they were hoping.

#362 5 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

richard dawson was good as an game show host to bad he is dead so we can't get custom quotes from him.
    There is a remake?

Ya, cant use him for Hogen's Hero's either.

#383 5 years ago

3 Flippers confirmed on Game 2!

Quoted from FalconPunch:

We interviewed Josh Kugler in our latest podcast, and he talks about some things never mentioned about game 2. Some details about the layout etc.
    http://www.head2headpinball.com/2018/06/18/episode-48-josh-kugler-from-american-pinball/
    details about game 2 start about 49 minutes in

Thanks Head to Head, Great interview.

#385 5 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

notice how they waited until I was about 3 shots of tequila in, before asking about game 2

I figured couple more shots and you would spill all the beans.

#387 5 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

Fortunately those guys had other commitments, so we had to wrap it up. Was really good tequila so, kept re-filling my glass.

Im a Gin guy and the craft movement has brought us a long way now with tons of choices.
    If it was Petron Silver I completly understand, need to hit costco and re-up on that one.

Back on point- Listing to your interview and passion, game 2 sounds like its going to be great. Fyi, its ok if there is 1 or 2 tight shots.

#392 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

No. It's not a game I have here.
    Oh wait, maybe it is ?

No. I haven't fished for many years. Been busy putting the correct number of "o's" in too.
    Disclaimer : Sorry to interrupt an American Pinball thread.

No, its ok. Its the rumor mill thread.
    Just like someone else will be distrubuting my mods for me.

1 month later
    2 months later
    #405 5 years ago

Shouldn't the OP move this to game #3 Speculation? Never to soon.
    Will it be a rock band?- NO
    Will it be Tequila?- umm NO
    Will it be Mardi gras?- Don't think so.
    Tesla vs. Edison vs. Westinghouse? - Could be fun?
    We're good on monsters, 3 of them coming soon.
    How about the America's cup? Next race in NZ 2020?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ericpinballfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-2-start-the-rumor-mill?tu=Ericpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.