(Topic ID: 217233)

American Pinball #2 - Start the Rumor Mill

By Arcadevudoo

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Arnie Wiesn (resized).png
    326C04D4-4E1C-4415-9BB3-4E8D88761DC3 (resized).jpeg
    A party (resized).jpg
    beers (resized).jpg
    dasch (resized).jpg
    welcome (resized).jpg
    IMG_0902 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0901 (resized).JPG
    ca 1 (resized).JPG
    ca 2 (resized).jpg
    TS (resized).JPG
    Fraulein (resized).jpg
    IMG_2457 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2456 (resized).JPG
    kick-ass-costume-300x250 (resized).jpg
    glasses (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisDodel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#121 5 years ago

This place recently opened near St. Louis, a city with a long German heritage. (Proud Kraut here. Both sides of my family) I believe they have other locations.
    There are many German restaurants around these parts. Very loud and festive places. An Oktoberfest pin might do well here if done correctly. Lots of humor and busty Frauleins.

http://www.hofbrauhausstlouis.com/

#168 5 years ago

Warning: Adult content.

#188 5 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

hmm, Beer, babes, food, music and amusement park rides/games -- what event, originating in Germany, but celebrated in cities around the world, features all of these things, hmm, let me think . .

PROST! to you sir!

#251 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

White Castle themed pin for the win.
    LTG : )

Resurrect the Vari-Target and call it a 'Slider'.

1 week later
    #318 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Mitch Miller Sing Along

518YLxIGctL._SX300_BO1,204,203,200_ (resized).jpg518YLxIGctL._SX300_BO1,204,203,200_ (resized).jpg
    #345 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:Hungry Hungry Hippos

Quad Nip-It 'Balligator' mechs.

#360 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

13 Ghosts

Only if it is based on the original movie. The remake is awful.

#363 5 years ago
    Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

richard dawson was good as an game show host to bad he is dead so we can't get custom quotes from him.
    There is a remake?

Read the quote above my post.

#365 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Agreed. 3D optional.

Illusion-O
    As with several of his more famous productions, Castle used a gimmick to promote the movie. For 13 Ghosts, audience members were given a choice: the "brave" ones could watch the movie and see the ghosts, while the apprehensive among them would be able to opt out of the horror and watch without the stress of having to see the ghosts. The choice came via the special viewer, supposedly "left by Dr. Zorba."

In the theatres, most scenes were black and white, but scenes involving ghosts were shown in a "process" dubbed Illusion-O: the filmed elements of the actors and the sets — everything except the ghosts — had a blue filter applied to the footage, while the ghost elements had a red filter and were superimposed over the frame.[4] Audiences received viewers with red and blue cellophane filters. Unlike early 3D glasses where one eye is red and the other is cyan or blue, the Illusion-O viewer required people to look through a single color with both eyes. Choosing to look through the red filter intensified the images of the ghosts, while the blue filter "removed" them.[5] Despite Castle's claims to the contrary, not many heart failures or nervous breakdowns were averted by the Illusion-O process; although the blue filter did screen out the ghostly images, the ghosts were visible with the naked eye, without the red filter.

Because the ghosts were indeed viewable by the naked eye, the movie was broadcast for years by television without a viewer needed to see the ghosts. DVD editions have varied in their preservation of the Illusion-O effect, with the first DVD release including versions with and without the ghost outlines and a set of special viewers. Later releases after the initial DVD release, such as Sony's The William Castle Film Collection and all DVD and Blu-ray releases from Mill Creek Entertainment are of the Illusion-O version, but do not include Ghost Viewers. Mill Creek has removed the "Use Viewer" and "Remove Viewer" on screen prompts from their releases of the film.

#367 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

That is what I saw when I was a kid. With the special viewer.
    Thank you Dennis !

I saw it at the old Crest Theater in St. Louis but I do not remember the glasses. !3 Ghosts and the original House On Haunted Hill both gave me nightmares for months!

#374 5 years ago

How cool is that?! Is it the style of viewer you remembered?

#376 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Yes. I had one for a long time too. No idea what ever happened to it.
    I forgot that one part was to see ghosts and one part was to not see them. That is why I was thinking 3D. Because of the later red/blue 3D viewers.

Maybe it will turn up someday.

I found this William Castle introduction to the movie.

1 month later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DennisDodel.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-2-start-the-rumor-mill?tu=DennisDodel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.