(Topic ID: 217233)

American Pinball #2 - Start the Rumor Mill

By Arcadevudoo

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Arnie Wiesn (resized).png
    326C04D4-4E1C-4415-9BB3-4E8D88761DC3 (resized).jpeg
    A party (resized).jpg
    beers (resized).jpg
    dasch (resized).jpg
    welcome (resized).jpg
    IMG_0902 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0901 (resized).JPG
    ca 1 (resized).JPG
    ca 2 (resized).jpg
    TS (resized).JPG
    Fraulein (resized).jpg
    IMG_2457 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2456 (resized).JPG
    kick-ass-costume-300x250 (resized).jpg
    glasses (resized).jpg
    There are 410 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
    #301 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

He's in the credits. Along with four others.

Yeah you'll see "(characters)" after his name...so he gets writing credits for all Halloween movies for inventing them. Same way Dan O'Bannon gets credits every Alien movie.

#302 5 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

TESLA
    not the car btw

Agreed.
    Tesla..Amazing Man with his own mysteries. He was a technological genius for that time.
    Possibly another unlicensed theme potential too.

#303 5 years ago

If you want to keep the same theme, like Houdini, you’ll need to find another American hero.

John Wayne, Neil Armstrong, Teddy Roosevelt and George Washington come to mind.

Actual John Wayne call-outs would be fantastic!

#304 5 years ago

I'd suggest they partner up with the creator of Nightmare before Christmas. That is an awesome layout and has developed code and ruleset.

#305 5 years ago
    Quoted from CUJO:

Agreed.
    Tesla..Amazing Man with his own mysteries. He was a technological genius for that time.
    Possibly another unlicensed theme potential too.

Maybe they could get Peter Stormare to do Russian accented callouts for it! (even though he's not actually Russian he plays one in a lot of movies)

#306 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

(even though he's not actually Russian he plays one in a lot of movies)

Hey neither is Tesla so it would be perfect!

#307 5 years ago

How about an American Pinball pinball machine.

LTG : )

#308 5 years ago

What about a game based around the Bermuda Triangle? It could be exciting, mysterious, adventurous, funny, tons of ways you go about that theme and make a whole story around it.

-Doug

#309 5 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

I'd suggest they partner up with the creator of Nightmare before Christmas. That is an awesome layout and has developed code and ruleset.

Instant buy for me

#310 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Oh god not Fortnite... the major issue I see with that license is you’d be expecting people obsessed with Fortnite to STOP playing it long enough to play pinball
    I really like the Flying Circus idea - so many things to work with! Holy Grail in and of itself could support an entire game! (See MM
    That’s a license that continues to be popular with high school and college kids all over

Face reality.....

22D24BFC-4C42-4CAA-8FDB-F75AFDD1E152 (resized).jpeg22D24BFC-4C42-4CAA-8FDB-F75AFDD1E152 (resized).jpegC7BEFE32-E967-4788-9D09-D9C360D69121 (resized).jpegC7BEFE32-E967-4788-9D09-D9C360D69121 (resized).jpeg
    #311 5 years ago

The Ranch !

#312 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah you'll see "(characters)" after his name...so he gets writing credits for all Halloween movies for inventing them. Same way Dan O'Bannon gets credits every Alien movie.

I've always wondered if the executive producers are non-contributors. Some films have multiple director and executive directors that I understood executive director to mean they didn't do much. Is that a norm?

#313 5 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

Face reality.....

It’s funny, you proved my point exactly. Makes me think you didn’t get what I was saying.

#314 5 years ago

Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show !

#315 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I've always wondered if the executive producers are non-contributors. Some films have multiple director and executive directors that I understood executive director to mean they didn't do much. Is that a norm?

Executive producer means “got paid for something somehow having to do with this movie”

That can mean they worked every day to get production organized and contracts worked out, or maybe came up with the original concept / story (either of those two things usually what the “Producer” does), or they worked on some version of the movie that will never get made but they get paid off the bottom line of the resultant movie... or they had something to do with something way early in the process and “thanks but no thanks” money. EP can mean a ton of stuff, it’s not a specific role

#316 5 years ago
    Quoted from halflip87:

What about a game based around the Bermuda Triangle? It could be exciting, mysterious, adventurous, funny, tons of ways you go about that theme and make a whole story around it.
    -Doug

And no worry about license.

#317 5 years ago

Mitch Miller Sing Along

#318 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Mitch Miller Sing Along

518YLxIGctL._SX300_BO1,204,203,200_ (resized).jpg518YLxIGctL._SX300_BO1,204,203,200_ (resized).jpg
    #319 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

... or they had something to do with something way early in the process and “thanks but no thanks” money. EP can mean a ton of stuff, it’s not a specific role

Yeah it can be anything. Take Buffy or Angel shows and the Kuzui's are Exec. Producers for being involved with the movie, and never had anything to do with the shows.

#320 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it can be anything. Take Buffy or Angel shows and the Kuzui's are Exec. Producers for being involved with the movie, and never had anything to do with the shows.

Exactly. That just means $$$, or that they're using characters they created (e.g. Joss created Buffy/Angel/Willow/etc but the Kuzui's may have said "hey let's have an evil british vampire who sort of turns good eventually". Bam! $20K check.

#321 5 years ago

Freakies

License is probably cheap or expired maybe.

#322 5 years ago

Banana Splits

#323 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Banana Splits

Lol I loved that show!

#324 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Banana Splits

Thanks LTG, now I'm going to be humming that song All day! lol

#325 5 years ago

Tooter Turtle

Tooter (resized).jpgTooter (resized).jpg
    #326 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks LTG, now I'm going to be humming that song All day! lol

Here's one for tomorrow :

#327 5 years ago
    Screenshot_20180611-153935~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180611-153935~2 (resized).png
    #328 5 years ago

I watched a lot of people playing Doom pinball on virtual pins at this past weekend's NW Pinball & Arcade Show and think a Doom themed game would be awesome.

#329 5 years ago

Unlicensed Theme Idea: Something like a Time Cop... You assemble a team from multiple characters (each character can give you some unique benefit) and go on missions to stop the villain's minions from wreaking havoc with the time-stream. Ways to combine the story with pinball machine:

1. The LCD and music could change theme's to fit the era (Medieval, Big Band, 70's classic rock, 90s, retro future, etc...). Licensing on this should be pretty cheap if you wanted to use licensed music from certain eras. You could focus on older eras to avoid paying any licensing fees

2. A failed mission could shut down a shot (or disable points on a shot) until the time stream is fixed.

3. Losing a ball down the drain could be retrieved in a mini-mission to the past, present, or future.

4. All of the modes to fix different issues with the time stream could be auto-generated and unique with very minimal programming. Different villains with different minion groups that go to different eras, something like a 3 or 4 lane matrix that creates a lot of different combinations.

5. The wizard mode allows the player to face the villain where he/she makes changes to the time stream and you have to fix them while trying to capture him/her... which shuts down shots or initiates pop-ups that block certain shots. I think the wizard and mini-wizard modes could get really interesting as you follow the villain through multiple times/eras.

6. The playfield (if all RGB LEDs) could (if designed with forethought) also change it's look and feel by lighting different inserts during different eras. The mini-wizard modes and wizard mode would be gorgeous if done right.

I'd imagine something like this would have amazing lastability without needing a P3 multi-morphic level of modularity to the physical playing field.

I just found this thread a little earlier today and this is the first unlicensed theme that bubbled up.

#330 5 years ago
    Batfink (resized).jpgBatfink (resized).jpgThe_Houndcats_TV_Series-248133580-large (resized).jpgThe_Houndcats_TV_Series-248133580-large (resized).jpg
    #331 5 years ago

Super Chicken :

#332 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Super Chicken :

Super Chicken !!!!

Take my money NOW !

I'm surprised Hollywood hasn't done a movie.

Along with Tom Slick...

#333 5 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

I watched a lot of people playing Doom pinball on virtual pins at this past weekend's NW Pinball & Arcade Show and think a Doom themed game would be awesome.

Someone made a pretty cool homebrew Doom pin:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doom-custom-pinball-machine/page/6#post-3692441

#334 5 years ago

The Rock a Fire Explosion!

05F98F2B-0A46-4603-9180-FC44744D357A (resized).jpeg05F98F2B-0A46-4603-9180-FC44744D357A (resized).jpeg3FA943C8-DB6E-4D4A-885A-4E51A9AE4F52 (resized).png3FA943C8-DB6E-4D4A-885A-4E51A9AE4F52 (resized).pngF50692E5-07CE-4543-AB95-74BC0106D7A2 (resized).jpegF50692E5-07CE-4543-AB95-74BC0106D7A2 (resized).jpeg
    #335 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It’s funny, you proved my point exactly. Makes me think you didn’t get what I was saying.

My comment was sarcasm. No one will make a pinball game from a video game.

#336 5 years ago

Roller Coaster Tycoon? Street Fighter 2? Joust? Defender? It has happened...

#337 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ferret:

Roller Coaster Tycoon? Street Fighter 2? Joust? Defender? It has happened...

Super Mario Brothers - the most video-gamey video game ever has its own pin. I'm pretty sure we'll see another video game-themed pin.

#338 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Super Mario Brothers - the most video-gamey video game ever has its own pin. I'm pretty sure we'll see another video game-themed pin.

Baby Pac man...

#339 5 years ago

I'd say Mr & Mrs Pac Man more than Baby Pac man because BPM was less of a full-pin and more of a novelty hybrid. But there's 1 or 2 more!

#340 5 years ago

shit-show in honor of this thread.

#341 5 years ago
    71OeFMPfAQL._SY679_ (resized).jpg71OeFMPfAQL._SY679_ (resized).jpg
    #342 5 years ago
    Quoted from rosh:

Exactly, would be such a fun theme to do, heck, they even now silence the farting scene on some broadcasts of it. Maybe someone will do it as a one off

re: Blazing Saddles..I bet they silence more than that nowadays!

#343 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

True but I bet even as a silent film it would still be as funny as most of the films today. Priceless. Plus imagine a Mongo Multi-ball with a tollbooth in the shooter lane. lolol

#344 5 years ago

Hungry Hungry Hippos

#345 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:Hungry Hungry Hippos

Quad Nip-It 'Balligator' mechs.

#346 5 years ago

I've only read the first post in this thread. Hmmm, how about a Wyld Stallyns pin?
    https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/aaa9c0c6-ca0f-4e60-959b-fe1fe2ca913e

#347 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

It's crazy what they silence/edit nowadays. The Robert Downey Jr "you never go full on retard" speech from Tropic Thunder was blanked out so it made no sense at all. The Spicoli dream sequence interview with the "those guys are fags" line from Fast Times at Ridgemont High is sometimes edited, even on pay channels. Crazy and from what I've seen, arbitrary.

#348 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

It's crazy what they silence/edit nowadays. The Robert Downey Jr "you never go full on retard" speech from Tropic Thunder was blanked out so it made no sense at all. The Spicoli dream sequence interview with the "those guys are fags" line from Fast Times at Ridgemont High is sometimes edited, even on pay channels. Crazy and from what I've seen, arbitrary.

They, believe it or not, have started airing Deadpool on FX. What they censor and what they don’t will leave you speechless.

#349 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Banana Splits

God, I hated that show as a kid. The only one I couldn’t stand.

#350 5 years ago

One of us is in deep trouble.

images (1) (resized).jpegimages (1) (resized).jpeg
    There are 410 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-2-start-the-rumor-mill/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.