(Topic ID: 217233)

American Pinball #2 - Start the Rumor Mill

By Arcadevudoo

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Arnie Wiesn (resized).png
    326C04D4-4E1C-4415-9BB3-4E8D88761DC3 (resized).jpeg
    A party (resized).jpg
    beers (resized).jpg
    dasch (resized).jpg
    welcome (resized).jpg
    IMG_0902 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0901 (resized).JPG
    ca 1 (resized).JPG
    ca 2 (resized).jpg
    TS (resized).JPG
    Fraulein (resized).jpg
    IMG_2457 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2456 (resized).JPG
    kick-ass-costume-300x250 (resized).jpg
    glasses (resized).jpg
    There are 410 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
    #251 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

White Castle themed pin for the win.
    LTG : )

Resurrect the Vari-Target and call it a 'Slider'.

#252 5 years ago

International shipping themed game would be great. Help delivery person drop off and pickup packages. FedEx vs USPS vs UPS vs DHL - who is fastest, most accurate and less damage.

#253 5 years ago

I heard a rumour....... and it wil be awesome if true.

Next theme is Miami Vice the series with sonny crocket and ricardo tubbs.

Bring it on!

#254 5 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

I heard a rumour....... and it wil be awesome if true.
    Next theme is Miami Vice the series with sonny crocket and ricardo tubbs.
    Bring it on!

Themes that should happen that would sell

Goonies
    Miami Vice
    Jaws
    Ferris Buellers Day Off
    Pee Wees Big Adventure
    Muppets
    Mission Impossible
    Top Gun
    Rick and Morty
    Futurama

Themes that may do okay
    Strange Brew
    Knight Rider
    Friday the 13th
    Extreme Adventure
    Hurricane

#255 5 years ago

Whatever the game is, I'm excited to see American Pinball progressing as a manufacturer and can't wait to play whatever they bring to the table next.

#256 5 years ago

I gotta say,my new Houdini is fantastic!It can only get better! Rosh is right there to help!And ,what a surprise,Houdini played right out of box! i.e.My GB/Pre node board failure in 50 plays!!!! B66LE,Broke in box 1 week before it worked! Go American !!!!

#257 5 years ago

I heard it's a mystery themed pin. Appropriately named ................................... The Butler Did It !

#258 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I heard it's a mystery themed pin. Appropriately named ................................... The Butler Did It !

Working Title: Who Dinit

#259 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

A mystery caper would be cool. I always like whodunnit. I just cannot see Oktoberfest doing well. I hope I'm wrong.

#260 5 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

I just cannot see Oktoberfest doing well.

You really need to change your avatar if you are going to post like this.

#261 5 years ago
    Quoted from Genjuro:

The circus died for a good reason. It wont appeal to younger players at all.

I think if you went dark circus is would. American Horror Story and Carnival were popular, Jim Rose's Circus Sideshow, creepy clowns like in Rob Zombie horror movies and It, burlesque, freak shows, that kinda angle.

#262 5 years ago

So many scary dark themed pins or ideas. We need something to make us laugh.

Fluffy Bunnies !

#263 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

So many scary dark themed pins or ideas. We need something to make us laugh.
    Fluffy Bunnies !

Dumb and Dumber

#264 5 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Themes that should happen that would sell
    Goonies
    Miami Vice
    Jaws
    Ferris Buellers Day Off
    Pee Wees Big Adventure
    Muppets
    Mission Impossible
    Top Gun
    Rick and Morty
    Futurama
    Themes that may do okay
    Strange Brew
    Knight Rider
    Friday the 13th
    Extreme Adventure
    Hurricane

Back to the Future should be on that list.

#265 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Back to the Future should be on that list.

It should be but they made it before. A redo would be great.

Some other interesting themes

Revenge of the Nerds
    Porkys
    Jay and Silent Bob
    National Lampoon Vacation
    Roadhouse
    Die Hard

#266 5 years ago

Waynes World, humour, lots of lines, music and a smattering of good looking women.

#267 5 years ago

Monster Truck pin.

#268 5 years ago

Army of Darkness

Bruce-Campbell-in-Army-of-Darkness-2 (resized).jpgBruce-Campbell-in-Army-of-Darkness-2 (resized).jpg
    #269 5 years ago

I am also waiting for the first karate themed pin. This weekend I started talking about Kung Fu with non-pinball people and everyone remembers the show fondly. The main show was 3 years in the 70's and they did a reboot in 80's for 4 years.

Then I started reading about the Karate Kid reboot on Pinside, and those that were skeptical became fans. What is better than training for the big match and then facing opponents on the way to the top. That is basically the theme on CP anyways, substitute martial arts for boxing and you have a winner. Vaguely similar to WWE too.

So hoping for Kung Fu or Karate Kid one day soon.

#270 5 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I am also waiting for the first karate themed pin.

Black Belt by Bally and Zaccaria

#271 5 years ago

DragonFist as well.

#273 5 years ago

Maybe something with Cats, its been awhile since "Bad Cats"...

#274 5 years ago

Eight machines listed but only one is legit imo, having sold more than 1000 games - SF2. In early 90's, 5k-10k sales was a good run and SF2 sold a respectable 5.6k games. Time for another martial arts pin .... Kung Fu with Master teaching life lessons to Grasshopper or Karate Kid waxing on and off and battling other dojos ???

Certainly would be a better theme than one based on video game Fortnite. Ask anyone under 18 to name a friend not addicted to playing this game and it could take them awhile. Fortunately few over 25 know what you are talking about and that is your target pinball buyer/player anyways, so while that theme seems good at first it doesn't pan out in long run. Time is ripe for another martial arts pin.

#275 5 years ago

Oh god not Fortnite... the major issue I see with that license is you’d be expecting people obsessed with Fortnite to STOP playing it long enough to play pinball

I really like the Flying Circus idea - so many things to work with! Holy Grail in and of itself could support an entire game! (See MM
    That’s a license that continues to be popular with high school and college kids all over

#276 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Oh god not Fortnite... the major issue I see with that license is you’d be expecting people obsessed with Fortnite to STOP playing it long enough to play pinball
    I really like the Flying Circus idea - so many things to work with! Holy Grail in and of itself could support an entire game! (See MM
    That’s a license that continues to be popular with high school and college kids all over

Monty Python would be epic. Lots of animation and funny bits. I'd buy site unseen.

#277 5 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Monty Python would be epic. Lots of animation and funny bits. I'd buy site unseen.

I'd like to know who the manufacturer was. AP, uh, maybe. JJP? YES! Save your bitcoin!

#278 5 years ago

I cannot tell a lie. A George Washington pin. No wait, a Pinocchio pin.

#279 5 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

More

Holy Grail was going to be my Spooky game #2 at one point. Was even prototyping a Knight toy whose legs and arms came off.

But it didn't come to fruition.

#280 5 years ago

So a game totally about fruit !!
    It so worked for slot machines...

#281 5 years ago
    FAD34DEE-8FBA-4612-83BE-786C71B5BE17 (resized).jpegFAD34DEE-8FBA-4612-83BE-786C71B5BE17 (resized).jpeg
    #282 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Holy Grail was going to be my Spooky game #2 at one point. Was even prototyping a Knight toy whose legs and arms came off.

Sad that didn't happen, I envision Zombie Yetti artwork with gorgeous powdercoat in blue...no, I mean Yellooooooo

#283 5 years ago

A WW2 original theme would be pretty slick. The allies taking out the axis of evil in a patriotic showdown.

#284 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mikedenton49:

A WW2 original theme would be pretty slick. The allies taking out the axis of evil in a patriotic showdown.

IMDN has some WW2 references

#285 5 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

That pin would be awesome , especially in todays oh so volatile atmosphere ( if you know what I mean) wink wink say no more!!!

#286 5 years ago

Rosh a german pinball machine with slager music…. A joke yes.

Make Jurrasic world.

#287 5 years ago

Railroad Tycoon !

#288 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Railroad Tycoon !

Transport Tycoon We can do more then just trains.

#289 5 years ago

Lego Pin.

#291 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rferullo:

I think AP should do a Grateful Dead theme pin! Instead of tilt - you overdose!
    But seriously - they deserve a machine.

I've heard GD is an expensive license

I'd like some adult swim series candidates: someone mentioned Rick and Morty, I like Detective Archer too.

#292 5 years ago

Everyone says the crappy South Park pin still earns well on site, we're are past due for another one that takes advantage of all the new material that's come out since then. Oh and one that's actually fun for pinheads, well designed with modern toys and display! Butters wasn't even a character on the current game, think of how much content that brings alone. I'd think it would sell well to operators as well as collectors.

#293 5 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Everyone says the crappy South Park pin still earns well on site, we're are past due for another one that takes advantage of all the new material that's come out since then. Oh and one that's actually fun for pinheads, well designed with modern toys and display! Butters wasn't even a character on the current game, think of how much content that brings alone. I'd think it would sell well to operators as well as collectors.

It's to bad that comedy central made them censor the game.

#294 5 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

More
    Forgot a few on my wish list...
    Strange Brew
    Blazing Saddles
    The Banana Spliz

One last favorite for my list!

The Monkeys!

#295 5 years ago

Hey! Hey! For ...

#296 5 years ago

Cowsills

#297 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Cowsills

They'll be ga ga at the go go when they see LTG in his toga

#298 5 years ago

Halloween

We have a new movie coming in October. John Carpenter back as writer. Jamie lee Curtis wanting to kill Michael.

Time for a Halloween pinball !

#299 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

John Carpenter back as writer.

Sadly I don't think he is. I mean Danny McBride is though...if that's a good thing?

#300 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sadly I don't think he is.

He's in the credits. Along with four others.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502407/?ref_=nv_sr_2

There are 410 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pinball-2-start-the-rumor-mill/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.