Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by AlexF
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“American pickers,smart businessmen or greedy”

• Smart business 84 votes
      71%
    • Greed 34 votes
      29%

(118 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjmjmm2006.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 4 years ago

Everyone is looking for a deal. Believe me I have been in the Vending business for 17 years on my own and around it for a lifetime. I get a call daily asking different questions or can I help with this or that. Being in business is hard and there is certainly more to it than most people recognize. I feel the same way with the pickers. They have contacted me many times but I don't care to be on TV. They have a lot of cost that I understand. Storage being one of the biggest. I've managed to fill more buildings than I even know of... Either way I think they are fair and their business expenses are more vast than most of us think.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Whenever I see a 90 year old farmer with 3 barns worth of junk who's barely willing to sell something they pull out of a mud puddle I think of his poor kids who will have to deal with all that once he's gone.

I went through this actually. I decided to leave it for my kids. Haha. Just kidding. It is a burden and not much fun but once I actually organised all the stuff it's not nearly as bad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjmjmm2006.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pickerssmart-businessmen-or-greedy?tu=cjmjmm2006 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.