8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by RWH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Don't forget to watch AP tonight! Pinballs!!!

#2 8 years ago

Nice! thanks for the heads up!

#3 8 years ago

I record to watch without ads

#4 8 years ago

NEVERMIND!!! Not as good as I had hoped!!!

#5 8 years ago

yeah.. it sucked...

#6 8 years ago

Definitely could have been better. Saw lots of pins, but they only focused on the best pin of all time - Ali!? And then went for Charlies Angels? I'd have at least looked at the Playboy. For a show titled Pinball mania, it was certainly weak on pins.

#7 8 years ago

The wife said the same thing. She wanted them to show some of the other pins. The backglass is one of the first things she grades when she decides if she likes a machine or not.

#8 8 years ago

I watched this other show about two guys that go down to Fla. and buy the contents of storage containers and such. They tried to sell a '78 Wms. Disco Fever and only got $600 but scored about $ 5000 for a dice machine - eh go figure ?

#9 8 years ago

The dice machine was old, fragile and rare compared to nearly any pin. The good thing about these shows is that with the numbers of people that watch, maybe the people will realize that their machines are not worth that much money.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

They tried to sell a '78 Wms. Disco Fever and only got $600

That show is Auction Hunters and yeah I think they sold to low.... I have to agree the American pickers show was very weak....The only bright spot is when they entered the Texas pinball festival that was held just this year. Wish they'd have walked around the show some.....

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

maybe the people will realize that their machines are not worth that much money.

I pray you're correct.

#12 8 years ago

I was suprised that they would give a special nod to the Bally Star Trek backglass, it was
    a disaster.

I saw a Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon machine there, they didn't even go near either one.

#13 8 years ago

I wish they would give the address of the people who had all those pins. They said they wanted to sell all of em. Id rent a Uhaul and drive over if i knew where. It looked like they were in the Houston area

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

I wish they would give the address of the prople who had all those pins. They said they wanted to sell all of em. Id rent a Uhaul and drive over if i knew where. It looked like they were in teh Houston area

Shouldn't be too hard to find, wasn't the sign on the old warehouse building the first one where they got the old Hockey game out of it something like Neal's Jukes and Arcades or something like that, think they gave you enough information throughout the show to track these places down without too much difficulty.

#15 8 years ago

I know for sure that they gave the old business name of the grandfathers, (don't remember it but,it's where they got the pins for $175.00) so if you just check the listings for when it will re-air or see if anyone recorded you should have no problem getting the info.. You know I'd not be surprised that should you google American Pickers and get thier ph# they might provide you with it as well, good business sense for them to send money a potential clients way just incase they visit again......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 799.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.95
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Protection
    ScottyMods
    $ 109.99
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 69.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 35.00
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 109.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 9.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 129.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 89.99
    € 4.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Multigame
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.00
    $ 9.00
    Playfield - Other
    Hdmike mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside