(Topic ID: 243654)

American Pickers arcade episode

By mikepin

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imagejpeg_0 (resized).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(1) (resized).jpg
    89604C9A-8C18-4F44-8260-C83D69AFD8DB (resized).jpeg
    E581A94B-D4E7-498D-AEF0-1A7A4F56F0D2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 4 years ago

My DVR just picked up one of those American Pickers recycle shows called Gaming Gold and it shows Mike’s place. Not sure if all of the original show is in there, but it shows the headless EK and Kiss backglasses. Looks like it’s running again on History channel midnight Sunday/Monday if you want to try to grab it. It’s labeled S18:E140.

There are excerpts from other shows. Another guy with pinball machines, once again all the focus is on a working EK that he sold for $1200 bundled with an old mechanical pin. The robot collector guy excerpt is from a fairly recent show I remember seeing, he has a nice collection of pinballs as well, which are never discussed.

1 year later
    #102 3 years ago
    Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Many years ago I was on BattleBots and if you made it on to the TV show you got something for it. Was on one battle and it covered expenses to go out there and to build my robot.
    Not the same with the Pickers. Didn't push the issue since it wasn't a big deal. It was just fun having them stop by and felt they were fair with me. My episode was the one right after Mike's.

How far back? I always think of Battlebots as the original show from way back, it was fun to watch, of course it was a new thing, but it seemed to be semi legitimate. As in, the robots really battled it out win and the teams were made of real people who really made them. I tried watching one of the newer shows and it seemed all wrong. Seemed completely made-up, dumbed-down, and scripted, as fake as can be. I realize they need to make entertainment that people want to watch, but that’s not for me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pickers-arcade-episode?tu=xsvtoys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.