(Topic ID: 243654)

American Pickers arcade episode

By mikepin

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

imagejpeg_0 (resized).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(1) (resized).jpg
    89604C9A-8C18-4F44-8260-C83D69AFD8DB (resized).jpeg
    E581A94B-D4E7-498D-AEF0-1A7A4F56F0D2 (resized).jpeg
    There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

As some of you know American Pickers was at my place last year. The episode will be aired for first time on Monday May 27 at 9 pm eastern time on History Channel. I wont see it until then so have no idea how it came out. Should be fun.. Mike Pacak

#2 4 years ago

Did they buy?

#3 4 years ago

Very cool Mike....I really like that show and will tune in.

#4 4 years ago

They bought some must watch to see lol

#5 4 years ago

Awesome! Will have to check it out.

#6 4 years ago

Did they contact you to come by and do the episode or did you contact them? From other episodes they pass pins and arcades up and do not buy them.

#7 4 years ago

They act like they know, but seen an episode where he estimated a broken coil on a $100 dollar fix, easy

#8 4 years ago

Interested, but right now the Guide info is telling me the title of Monday's 9pm EST episode is "Mysterious Madame X". Hopefully that's a misprint?

#9 4 years ago

Mike the title of the episode would help every find it and record it. I remember that was like last year you told me they were there - crazy how long it takes to get into production schedule after recording. Very cool though ! I'm looking forward to it...

Hopefully they didn't leave your classic car seat out in the rain ! lol I visited Mike's place once to pick up a game and he was away and let me pick it up in his absence by leaving his garage door open for me for the day... I had to move his classic car back seat out of the way to get my game, and I forgot to put it back in. It rained. Let's just say Mike wasn't all that happy with me....lol ! He still loves me and loves to give me shit about that to this day !

Mike's place is an amazing treasure trove and I'm sure it's going to be entertaining !

#10 4 years ago

They have two episodes on at 9 pm monday night mine is second they only listed the first. they have actually shown previews of the show the last few days on other shows.... I have not seen it either looking forward to it

#11 4 years ago

will look out for the machines in for sale forum for x3 the price

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Brtlkat:

Did they contact you to come by and do the episode or did you contact them? From other episodes they pass pins and arcades up and do not buy them.

Pins and arcades need maintenance (same with jukeboxes) and the margin probably isn’t there for them. They’re way better off buying auto related signs and other pieces that have wide appeal and would be easier to sell.

#13 4 years ago

I look forward to seeing it, if it is anything like Pawn Stars episode I will need to be sitting down so I don't fall over laughing at them trying to sell a beat Evel Knievel for $5000

#14 4 years ago

Will have to dvr it, Stanley Cup Finals start Monday night!!

#15 4 years ago

All of the “reality” shows that deal with collectibles storage wars, pawn stars, American pickers I find the general rule of thumb is to divide by 10 on the price and you get the actual value.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Thor-NL:

They act like they know, but seen an episode where he estimated a broken coil on a $100 dollar fix, easy

For those who know how to fix a coil and if that was the only reason it wasn't working it could be a $10-15 fix. However I know guys who are so hands off fixing machines that will call an actual Pin repair man who will charge for the time and parts at least $100.

#17 4 years ago

We've been watching the new season and really enjoying it so far. Will have to make sure to watch the next couple weeks.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

will look out for the machines in for sale forum for x3 the price

Now that's funny. Sad but true.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Slogan1111:

Now that's funny. Sad but true.

Actually American Pickers is different than other reality shows in this aspect. Sure a lot of the interactions are scripted to make it more interesting, but they generally do not buy pins because they are not experts and do not have repair capability. Pins are simply not in their wheelhouse, so they only occasionally buy them and the prices seem reasonable compared to other shows.

Quoted from Thor-NL:

Sure I can fix a coil for $12 plus shipping or less if I have one in my junk pile. If I had to hire a repair man, $100 would be quite reasonable for a house call. Point is, they don't restore pins as part of their business model. They mostly like items they can flip for profit. That said they are into motorcycles, cars and bicycles and occasionally take on projects there. They usually don't make much money on those either.

#20 4 years ago

What I love about American Pickers is that they actually reveal their prices, both what they buy for and what they value it at. Makes it interesting. Some of the car shows I watch where they buy collectible cars and re-sell, they never talk about pricing and it takes a lot away from the show IMO.

Also, they will always give money back to someone when they find they got an item that was worth way more than they thought it was worth and make better offers on things when the seller is clueless on what somethings worth. 100% respect.

#21 4 years ago

Should be a very cool episode!

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Mike the title of the episode would help every find it and record it. I remember that was like last year you told me they were there - crazy how long it takes to get into production schedule after recording. Very cool though ! I'm looking forward to it...
    Hopefully they didn't leave your classic car seat out in the rain ! lol I visited Mike's place once to pick up a game and he was away and let me pick it up in his absence by leaving his garage door open for me for the day... I had to move his classic car back seat out of the way to get my game, and I forgot to put it back in. It rained. Let's just say Mike wasn't all that happy with me....lol ! He still loves me and loves to give me shit about that to this day !
    Mike's place is an amazing treasure trove and I'm sure it's going to be entertaining !

My tv shows it as “The Mysterious Madam X” no mention of pins/arcades but the date/time match.

E581A94B-D4E7-498D-AEF0-1A7A4F56F0D2 (resized).jpegE581A94B-D4E7-498D-AEF0-1A7A4F56F0D2 (resized).jpeg
    #23 4 years ago

Cool

What season and episode number is it as will have to try and buy it otherwise a long wait down under

#24 4 years ago

Prince Harry and Meghan becoming Royal is on at the same time. I think I'll watch that instead. I have seen enough episodes of Sanford & Son to last a lifetime.

#25 4 years ago

Watching it right now. I know who to contact if I need schematics!

#26 4 years ago

Watching it too. You have a lot of “stuff”!!!

#27 4 years ago

And Evil Knieval just made an appearance.

#28 4 years ago

Watching Frank lean on a Hercules body and go "Oh look a Evel Knievel!" made me die inside.

#29 4 years ago

Haha I thought the same..walk right by the hercules and straight to the ek home model

#30 4 years ago

Wow, that's a lot of stuff. You're perfect for the show!

#31 4 years ago

Evel Knievel was the home version. No Coin Door. $100 was too much. Otherwise I'd have hated the coffee table idea.

Probably why it was in the rafters with a couple of Brown Dirt cowboys. I'll bet they are non-commercial also.

#32 4 years ago

Jolly Park!!! My grail. 0 for 2 in Spain.

#33 4 years ago

Mike, how much of this was real and how much was fluff for the show. Seems like it could have been legit although I thought they paid up on the Kiss glasses.

#34 4 years ago

Mike was pretty reasonable. EK, legs, BG, juke stuff. I think the bumper car was up there but I don't know anything about those.

#35 4 years ago

No Mike Wolfe...

#36 4 years ago

Good show thanks mike!

#37 4 years ago

What is the episode name/number? Is it the madame x one or something else?

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

What is the episode name/number? Is it the madame x one or something else?

Yes it's the madame x episode. 101 I believe.

#39 4 years ago

I always loved A.P's, cool to watch, love the episodes that involve pinball/arcade related stuff. You mentioned moving to Florida, I suggest you start selling !!! You have a nice piece of property. I bet you were glad to get rid of most of the stuff they bought. With all the stuff you have there it's funny to see what they chose. Was there any rehearsal or things they wanted you to say or not say? Any behind the scenes stuff you can share?

#40 4 years ago

I thought Mike's episode was excellent. It looks like the next new episode may be interesting too.

#41 4 years ago

Id also recommend a trip to their store in Nashville.
    As interesting as it is, the location is inside the old Marathon Motor Car Factory.
    There are many other stores, for a nice shopping experience, but its really the hallways filled with original, "restored"
    Giant metal machining monsters! All hands on, and kids can turn the wheels, and touch all aspects.

Ive watched the inspiration lights turn on, from young kids, as they explore these machining beasts from the past!

#42 4 years ago

After seeing this episode, i now understand why it sometimes takes mike a long time to find stuff that i try to buy from him. Its a lot to search through! So mike, i appologize for being impatient. And also, i want to look through all that stuff!

#43 4 years ago

When is my turn to pick Mike?
    Fun episode, Thanks for sharing.

#44 4 years ago

For those of us who were not able to see this episode,could you give us a heads up when it next airs,please???

#45 4 years ago

If you've never been to Mike's, it worth your while to make the trip. He has so many great stories too. He was a major NIB buyer back in the day. I've been to his house many times and there's always something new I see. Mike gets a bad rap on Pinside sometimes for being gruff, but you won't find a more generous person once you get to know him. I'm glad I got to know him and consider him a good friend.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

For those of us who were not able to see this episode,could you give us a heads up when it next airs,please???

It is on the schedule for next Monday at 8pm followed by another new episode at 9pm.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

It is available now on demand. If you have cable or satellite.

#48 4 years ago

They never found the EK head!

#49 4 years ago

Love the Pickers dudes, but they're total morons when it comes to pins.
    At the very end of the episode, Mike popped $90K on that one-of-a-kind vintage Cadillac. Wow!

#50 4 years ago

S20E10. Just downloaded it, will watch in the morning.

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-pickers-arcade-episode?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.