IMG_8396 (resized).jpeg
6jkL.gif
419963 (resized).jpg
#1 8 months ago

Totes woulda

#2 8 months ago

perhaps you should re-theme that Godzilla

#3 8 months ago

Knights and Warriors ! ( a cheap American Gladiators knock off )

LTG : )

#4 8 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Knights and Warriors ! ( a cheap American Gladiators knock off )
LTG : )

I propose LTG on the translite of said re-theme in his glory, with 70's muttonchops

#5 8 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I propose LTG on the translite of said re-theme in his glory, with 70's muttonchops

419963 (resized).jpg419963 (resized).jpg
#6 8 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

this banger j guy might not even own any games that could be re-themed. seems trollish.

#7 8 months ago

Gottliebs Gladiators from 1993 was actually American Gladiators in the beginning. I Wonder if there's some concept art out there

#8 8 months ago

Did you see the ESPN documentary on Gladiators? Cause there’s another version on Netflix which is even better. You gotta watch both versions…they’re great!

#9 8 months ago

If we could clone ourselves, I’d make my clone work on making this happen

#10 8 months ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Gottliebs Gladiators from 1993 was actually American Gladiators in the beginning. I Wonder if there's some concept art out there

I will not stand for this Gottlieb Legend of Zelda erasure!
LoZ was flipped into American Gladiators, and then American Gladiators flopped and it was stripped to just Gladiators, right?

#11 8 months ago

I thought this would be the best homebrew for many reasons and put a lot of thought into it years ago. Art package would be super simple. Just need to do the grid floor. Backpanel would be The Wall. Side art would be the fans, with the cardboard cutouts behind them of course.

PF features and modes sort of makes sense too.
6 classic modes:
Assault - You need a lifting jump ramp in the middle with the IMDN bullseye target suspended behind it.
Powerball - Put a scoop to the side of a pop cluster you can shoot into (think the Buzz scoop on TS4)
Human Cannonball - Redesign the pendulum from Junkyard.
The Wall - Have 2 ramps that go through the backpanel (like GOTG), and the mode will be shooting the ramps to climb.
Atlasphere - 4 star rollovers laid throughout the PF
Joust - Redesign the truck mech from JP. Make it a pedestal with a figure on top. Or just a captive ball with a motorized pedestal w/ figure that turns behind it.

Eliminator - One of the ramps also has a conveyor belt that spins downward. Some of the best episodes were the ones where you just watched someone struggle with that one element after an hour of doing other crazy things, just to fail on Step 1 of the concluding event.

I've sketched this out a few times years ago. IIRC was easier to do as a widebody, but perhaps possible on a standard if you introduce upper flippers. It's totally possible for a homebrew.

1 week later
#12 7 months ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

I will not stand for this Gottlieb Legend of Zelda erasure!
LoZ was flipped into American Gladiators, and then American Gladiators flopped and it was stripped to just Gladiators, right?

A quote from Knapp Arcade

"In the middle of Zelda's development, the theme was switched to the popular television series at the time American Gladiators - with the stipulation that Gottlieb had to get the game out fast. Then out of nowhere, the licensing deal with American Gladiators fell apart and Gottlieb was stuck without a theme for the pinball machine. So, they just branded it as a generic futuristic Gladiators pin."

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/the-time-we-almost-got-legend-of-zelda-and-american-gladiators-pinball-machines

#13 7 months ago

First season only.
6jkL.gif6jkL.gif

#14 7 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

First season only.
[quoted image]

Yeah, but his image made it to the backglass….

IMG_8396 (resized).jpegIMG_8396 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Wichita, KS
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-gladiators-would-have-been-an-awesome-theme and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.