IMG_20190117_204406 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190117_204346 (resized).jpg
gloop3unexk01 (resized).jpg
fe011401277a (resized).jpg
06C8AE07-32F5-4EDF-9FF2-684947BDF551 (resized).jpeg
D5E1CE1A-7B19-451F-A83B-B0B1CC9A5CB8 (resized).jpeg
45DFBE8F-364F-4397-9392-0142506BA859 (resized).jpeg
fender-case-2 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 7 years ago

I've always wished I had the talent to play a musical instrument, especially guitar.

I'm super envious of you guys/gals that can.

#114 7 years ago

If a person were going to learn guitar, is it better to do that on an acoustic or is an electric guitar ok?

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

wouldn't it be a breach of privacy for them to strip off my contact information without my knowledge?

It feels like it, but it's not. Visitor Intelligence is how we refer to the tech, and if you google the term you'll see how big of an industry it is.

3 weeks later
#297 7 years ago

I have no idea what that is, but it looks awesome.

I'm still leaning toward getting a guitar for myself and trying to learn. I get a bunch of weeks off around the holidays, gotta do something besides play pinball...

#299 7 years ago

If anyone can install it, you can. You are a good uncle!

Thanks for the explanation, I'm trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can about the whole thing.

#317 7 years ago

My butthole has been puckered watching your pics, holy cow. Nice work man.

#326 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Truely kiwi back yard craftsmanship.

It's still super impressive and cool.

1 month later
#461 7 years ago

I didn't go for the American Stratocaster, but I did end up getting a guitar to learn on.

I found a really good deal on an Ibanez low end guitar. My wife got me it and Rocksmith for chritmas so I can maybe give learning guitar a go.

Quoted from vid1900:

The Snark guitar tuner is on sale for $5.99 today on Amazon.
Best cheap guitar tuner around.

My wife also got me one of these for tuning! Looking forward to messing with it!

ibanez (resized).jpgibanez (resized).jpg

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

I don't know about Rocksmith for learning, but I bet its great. I do know after not playing for way too many years I got the first Rocksmith and it was fun as hell playing again.

I'm really excited.

Between Rocksmith and youtube, I'm hoping I can learn.

#478 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Metal Santa (ie me..) came a day early and bought me this Blackstar Metal 100 amp head!

Nice!

I stopped by guitar center after my wife got me the guitar and picked up a Blackstar amp. The guy told me a ton about it and I read a bunch of reviews online while I was standing there, which I'm sure they love.

I got the ID:Core Stereo 10 amp. It's got that same emulated output for both the headphones and the usb recording output. I'm not sure if that's a standard feature on all amps, but a lot of the reviewers seemed to like both the features and the brand.

I'm about to hook everything up and give my first try at guitar a go.

blackstar 10 (resized).pngblackstar 10 (resized).png

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Amazing value for money.

Awesome, that makes me feel a lot better about it.

I spent a few hours doing some of the many tutorials in Rocksmith last night, I had to stop when my fingers were hurting too bad. When I looked at the clock 3 hours had passed. Really enjoying it so far.

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Have you completed the one on bending? I can't get it to detect. I think it could by my shitty playing though.

Barely. It took me two nights to get past the Full Bend practice session, and it made my fingers hurt so bad I had to try it dozens of times.

I'm really enjoying it though!!!

3 weeks later
#510 7 years ago

I'm still loving Rocksmith. The PC version can be augmented with CustomsForge: http://customsforge.com/

#512 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Must be better on the PC. My Mac pro has so much lag it's unbearable to play. It drives me nuts. I use the same cable with garage band for amp effects and it has zero lag so I don't know wtf is happening.

I had a lag issue with my projector I use in my garage, but I took care of it by switching to game mode. The PC seems fine.

I've used a y-splitter to connect both the rocksmith cable and my amp. I like the guitar sound better through the amp.

2 months later
#558 7 years ago

Looks super cool.

I'm still learning, working on memorizing chords and getting my fingers to the places they need to be in time for the notes.

3 weeks later
#570 6 years ago

Since guitars are much more affordable at my level than pinballs these days, I took a chance on buying a chinese knock-off of a higher end guitar as an experiment.

I only received it today, but so far I am pretty happy. I am still learning to play so I can't really give any kind of valid opinion on it other than it looks good and stays in tune.

newguitar (resized).jpgnewguitar (resized).jpg

#572 6 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Nice, when you go to change strings some day be prepared for a pain in the ass unless you use the same gauge strings that floating Floyd rose makes it tough. Check some you tube vids for that.
Strings should be good for a year at least. Clean the underside of them when you're done playing to prolong there life.

Thanks for the tip, I just googled floyd rose string change on your advice and found a ton of information!

#576 6 years ago

There is no way they are real EMG pickups, and no 9v battery to be found.

On the plus side, I was able to restring it relatively easily and get it tuned back up. The strings that came on it were making my fingers black. Thanks for all the tips on the floyd rose. Luckily it came with exactly the strings I wanted to put on it, 9-42 as RotorDave suggested.

I paid $298 for the guitar from a seller on Aliexpress, but don't buy one because I did, this may be an absolutely crap guitar. I won't really know what someone familiar with guitars thinks of it for a couple of weeks, but I just got done playing a few songs after restringing it and I am enjoying it. I'm pretending I'm Angus of course.

#589 6 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

That's the scaredy cat way to do it.
I clean/condition the fretboard and polish the frets while I have it destrung. Can't do that farting around with one string at at time.

I wanted to clean and oil the fretboard as well, so I used a similar trick to lock the bridge in place and then did all the strings at the same time.

Came out fine I think.

3 months later
#635 6 years ago

And it has that ugly red "supreme" logo right in the middle. Tacky.

#637 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

I thought that was just for this photo shoot, to show it's a new strat. You think it's going to be permanently on every one? That's horrible.

I don't know a lot about guitars, so maybe they are removing it?

The articles I read about it said it came with the logo as a "feature".

"Supreme is well–known for its collaborations with other companies, and this guitar will include a Supreme–branded case, strap, and picks. It also sports the Supreme logo on the body between the front two pickups."

#659 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Thoughts from the group?

I'm not serious enough about music to care which guitar I buy aside from it looking like I want and staying in tune.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfmarsh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/american-fender-stratocaster-799-shipped-free?tu=wolfmarsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.