Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Pinballs
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

duck (resized).jpg
    BSI4_eRCQAA1Ajz (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

What deals are you taking advantage of?

I tried to get a Fire Stick but they sold out in the first few minutes. May look to see if there are any pinball(ish) related items, such as streaming equipment, etc.

#2 4 years ago

I was checking around but nothing too earth shattering. Would love to find a solder smoke sucker/fan thing if anyone stumbles on one.

#3 4 years ago

Prime Day is 90% Amazon just trying to clear out trash that isn't selling well. It's like the worlds largest rummage sale. A few 'bait' items like black friday, but generally nothing to get excited about.

#4 4 years ago

I always buy the same thing, each year, NOTHING.

Oh, wrong topic.

However I am offering a prime day deal on the Motordome I restored. If there is anyone interested, PM me.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Prime Day is 90% Amazon just trying to clear out trash that isn't selling well. It's like the worlds largest rummage sale. A few 'bait' items like black friday, but generally nothing to get excited about.

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I always buy the same thing, each year, NOTHING.
    Oh, wrong topic.
    However I am offering a prime day deal on the Motordome I restored. If there is anyone interested, PM me.

cleaning out the trash too??? lol

#6 4 years ago

I bought headliner material and glue for my GTI, same price

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

cleaning out the trash too??? lol

Ouch.

#8 4 years ago

I grabbed some gridwall panels to use for displaying props in the film memorabilia exhibit I'm featuring at the Saratoga show in August. If you have an amazon credit card, it gives 6% back for prime day instead of the regular 5%. So, that saved me a couple extra bucks.

#9 4 years ago

New ipad mini5

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

I was checking around but nothing too earth shattering. Would love to find a solder smoke sucker/fan thing if anyone stumbles on one.

just a warning, the ones i bought on amazon were worthless and all returned.

#11 4 years ago

I bought a Polk Audio PS10 sub to blast out my gameroom

#12 4 years ago

I bought a few UHD Blurays and a shirt for my wife. The UHDs were about $5 cheaper than anywhere else.

I'm watching a deal later for a juice pack since mine died and refuses to charge. I also need some USB drives that I'm hoping to grab cheap. When you're doing IT for people those things never fail to walk away.

#14 4 years ago

I bought 2x of the Blinq XT2 camera two-packs. I had pre-ordered a set before. There are some bad reviews out there but I think the majority of people don't have good Wifi coverage. I wanted an extra hub for home and some extra cameras for another place. Decent deal, I've been very happy with them.

#15 4 years ago

I bought some transistors, resistors and fuses.

But not on Amazon Prime. I don't pay money to be able to spend more money. Makes no sense to me.

#16 4 years ago

Oddly enough, one of the ones I was watching just went live. $9.66 for a 10000mAh battery pack. Cheapest I can find it anywhere else is $17.99, so it's not a bad deal.

#18 4 years ago

Roomba to clean under the pins.

#19 4 years ago

Yeah, I'm not "crossing the picket lines". Solidarity to the workers.

#20 4 years ago

Me on prime day...

BSI4_eRCQAA1Ajz (resized).jpegBSI4_eRCQAA1Ajz (resized).jpeg
    #21 4 years ago

You save 100% if you don't buy!

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

You save 100% if you

buy... NOTHING, such a wasted opportunity.

I know, wrong topic.

#23 4 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

buy... NOTHING, such a wasted opportunity.
    I know, wrong topic.

I have insider knowledge...

duck (resized).jpgduck (resized).jpg
    #24 4 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I bought some transistors, resistors and fuses.
    But not on Amazon Prime. I don't pay money to be able to spend more money. Makes no sense to me.

You don't pay money to spend money. You pay all your shipping costs up front, plus now you get video and music services. But even before that it was always worth it.

I'd venture to guess that my household saves several thousand dollars per year that would otherwise go to shipping costs due to Prime.

#25 4 years ago

I usually don't buy anything since you can get most of the non-Amazon branded deals throughout the year at the same or better pricing on sites like techbargains.com.

I did land a sweet budget phone (Moto G6) for $105 for my wife, though. She'll be happy to get rid of her old budget phone

#26 4 years ago

More VTSAX.

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from ktownhero:

You don't pay money to spend money. You pay all your shipping costs up front, plus now you get video and music services. But even before that it was always worth it.
    I'd venture to guess that my household saves several thousand dollars per year that would otherwise go to shipping costs due to Prime.

Plus you get 2 day shipping and twitch prime benefits as well.

#28 4 years ago

The last time amazon raised the rate for prime, I did some napkin math, and based on how many orders I made throughout the year and how large/heavy the orders were, it probably saved me at least a couple hundred bucks in shipping costs. Plus I use the streaming video service occasionally as well.

#29 4 years ago

I buy what I need. Coincidentally I got a great deal from Amazon on a 400GB SanDisk microSD card, which I bought for a MegaSD (the new cart from Terraonion that will play Genesis/Megadrive CD games as well as being an EverDrive for SMS, Genesis, 32X). Putting that in a Mega Sg will be sublime

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from ktownhero:

Shipping is free anyway.

At least with Amazon here.

#31 4 years ago

You know, my question has always been based on the law of supply and demand.... we demand low low prices and now almost everything with next day delivery...
    Many brick and mortar retailers are offering club type deals to try and supply a competitive offering... what happens if they fail and supply dwindles to one or two big companies which could result in more demand... who is going to win then? Seems to me the mighty long river in South America, aka the retail giant might be in it for the long game???

Imagine the profits then.

Just my ramblings.

Happy shopping!

#32 4 years ago

amazon prime is such a no brainer. Can't even believe people are even arguing this.

#33 4 years ago

Bezos must be stopped

#34 4 years ago

I buy things when I want or need them. Not because they are on sale.

Amazon Prime day does nothing for me. And I am a Prime member.

#35 4 years ago

Frequently, I’m able to find the items I purchase for less money on other sites.

I still have Prime, but I doubt I’ll have it much longer.

#36 4 years ago

Nothing Appeals to me. All my money wrapped up in pinball

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

All my money wrapped up in pinball

That's what I told my co-worker who placed more orders today, I said if it is not pinball or car parts, I'm not buyin'.

#38 4 years ago

If you want rarer stuff, which let's face it many of us pinheads do, then Amazon has got quite expensive now, specifically for marketplace sellers due to Amazon fee increases. I find direct purchases and even ebay cheaper now for such purchases. Certainly worth shopping around again now, rather than treating Amazon as the one-stop shop it craves to be, and nearly became.

Also, shame on Bezos for treating his warehouse staff so badly. If they don't even get time to go to the loo or wipe their asses if they do go, think about that next time you unwrap your smiley boxes. Yeeoooggghhhhhh. Jeff Botty Bezos.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amazon-prime-day-what-are-you-buying?hl=fxdwg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.