IMG_20140826_155809351.jpg
th-1-133.jpeg
met box.jpg
IM001017.JPG
IM001015.JPG
IM001014.JPG
IM001011.JPG
met.JPG
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

Following my previous thread, Amazon is listing both machines at 5pm EST on Wednesday for lightning deals. Let's hope they can beat the $4200 plus tax for the X-Men deal on Tuesday.

EDIT - The Avengers Pro has disappeared from my deals list and just the Metallica is now listed for 8/6/14. Perhaps they are doing one per day and moved the Avengers to Thursday. I'll update if I see a change.

EDIT 2 - The Avengers Pro is up for 8/7/14 at 5pm EST.

#2 9 years ago

How does this compare to the price you can get from an independent dealer?

#3 9 years ago

Quilt in a Day FTW!

#4 9 years ago

What's a Metallica premium go for these days? What would be a decent deal on this? Of course anything lower makes it better.

#5 9 years ago

If you can get a Metallica Premium for under $6400 it's a deal. I would be surprised to see anything lower than $6200.

#6 9 years ago

Only a $4 savings on Met Prem?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from PromoJoe23:

Only a $4 savings on Met Prem?

With lightning deals the price will be reflected at the time the deal goes live. In this case you will see the price drop at 5pm EST today. It will likely sell out quickly regardless of the price because of the small qty in inventory and the sheer number of people on Amazon.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from spiralfry:

With lightning deals the price will be reflected at the time the deal goes live. In this case you will see the price drop at 5pm EST today. It will likely sell out quickly regardless of the price because of the small qty in inventory and the sheer number of people on Amazon.

This is exactly right. Not everyone out there calls dealers directly for best price - Amazon is a LOT of people's price guide.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you can get a Metallica Premium for under $6400 it's a deal. I would be surprised to see anything lower than $6200.

I'd be interested at $6000 however my wife would not be happy.

#10 9 years ago

Based on their "deal" yesterday I'm guessing they come in around $6500, about what you'd pay from a distributor.

#11 9 years ago

There will only be 1 or 2 anyways. Not exciting. There was 1 Xmen yesterday. I was ready to buy, no chance of getting one.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd be interested at $6000 however my wife would not be happy.

Yeah I think I'd bite at $6k. My wife would put my balls in a jar....but I could always get implants I suppose.

#15 9 years ago

And I was wait listed immediately, surprise surprise

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from ff6735:

And I was wait listed immediately, surprise surprise

Me too....

#17 9 years ago

I had it in my cart, but with tax i couldn't justify it for $6300 when i have my heart set on a Star Trek right now.

So i released it to whoever is first on the waitlist.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Force951:

I had it in my cart, but with tax i couldn't justify it for $6300 when i have my heart set on a Star Trek right now.
So i released it to whoever is first on the waitlist.

Very nice! Honestly I'd prefer a local Star Trek myself. No pros near by used though

#19 9 years ago

Score.

#20 9 years ago

Grrr. Forgot about GA taxes at Amazon now! If I purchase from an out of state dealer do I generally have to pay GA sales tax?

#21 9 years ago

In my cart. Do I check out?

#22 9 years ago

If you have no sales tax and have the money its a no brainer.

#23 9 years ago

100% claimed it says already

#24 9 years ago

Wait list is full..

Sold out...

Good thing tho because I'm out of room and don't want to sell anything at the moment.

#25 9 years ago

If you can get it without taxes it's a steal for $5800.

With taxes it's still a good deal that will beat a distributor, but not OMG crazy.

It's one of the best games Stern has ever made IMHO.

#26 9 years ago

Darn. Got distracted with my actual work and didn't realize the hour had rolled over until 3 after. Oh well. I guess it's better that way... Surprised there were 5 of them but deal is over and there are 2 left so I guess 3 got lucky?

#27 9 years ago

I think it was only 1 tbh, i have a feeling 2 people added full price machines hoping to get the lower price.

#28 9 years ago

Pulled trigger, deliverery on the 12th

#29 9 years ago

Damn! I clicked on it immediately and missed it. And I'm in a no tax state....

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Pulled trigger, deliverery on the 12th

Nice grab. How the hell did you click so fast???

#32 9 years ago

I got the avengers last fall too, Guess I am lucky

#33 9 years ago

Ohhh.. and an additional savings with the use of that gift card.

#34 9 years ago

Has the gift card left over from school book buy back.

#35 9 years ago

Also they are showing the Avengers Pro for tomorrow at the same time.

#36 9 years ago

under 5800 is a sweet deal for an awesome game

#37 9 years ago

Probably less, if you have a cash back credit card that'd save me another $100 and you can sell the box for $200 (lol).

#38 9 years ago

Impressive deal. Way better than the X-men yesterday IMO. Nice score Fox.

#39 9 years ago

Yes, I would have got this Met, sold my XMLE for a loss and came out alright since the loss on XMLE would have been lessened by them savings on the Met premium.

Edit: only I'm really starting to get into XMLE so I'm not keen to sell it or PotC which would be my other next on the chopping block.

#40 9 years ago

I wonder how many 'extra' sales Stern could gain if they had more available or more often? Or would they just loose regular sales by people waiting for the sale?

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I wonder how many 'extra' sales Stern could gain if they had more available or more often? Or would they just loose regular sales by people waiting for the sale?

They will never learn. Although I am sure IMVE taught them a good lesson...........Hopefully it woke them up a little. If they were smart, when a license is near it's end they should allow for some deal pricing. Instead they lose that business to the used market.

#43 9 years ago

Mine is due to deliver on the 12th too. Xmen on the 11th. They don't charge your card until they ship. I thought Xmen would have been charged by now. I'm being paranoid until I see the box in my driveway.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from callmesteam:

Mine is due to deliver on the 12th too. Xmen on the 11th. They don't charge your card until they ship. I thought Xmen would have been charged by now. I'm being paranoid until I see the box in my driveway.

Driveway? This is white glove delivery. On my avengers they carried it to the basement and unboxed it for me!

#45 9 years ago

Update - The Avengers Pro is up today (8/7/14) at 5pm EST. Let's hope for the $3750 price or lower.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from spiralfry:

Update - The Avengers Pro is up today (8/7/14) at 5pm EST. Let's hope for the $3750 price or lower.

$3200 by Christmas!

#47 9 years ago

The wife said at $3500 it would get the green light. Here is to hoping that I'm actually awake in time and the price is right.

#48 9 years ago

I think it would have to be $3500 or less to get me movin.

#50 9 years ago

Oh well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 25.50
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amazon-lightning-deal-metallica-premium-and-avengers-pro-8614-5pm-est and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.