Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 100 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CubeSnake
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8B489275-10D2-4041-8967-7DF106E04407 (resized).jpeg
    3A1BACED-769E-445D-A481-C7C73F72A388 (resized).jpeg
    4D76B467-0A68-40E3-9353-ECBBF136FFE7 (resized).png
    3224B5E3-7087-4533-A43A-161937317F27 (resized).png
    There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

Mods: Feel free to move this thread... I wasn't sure where to put this.

It appears Amazon is now selling Stern pins. Is this new?

https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/6459934011

#2 4 years ago

No they have been there for a while now. JJP also sold some WOZ at some point on Amazon. I was about to buy it there and get 24 months no interest.

#3 4 years ago

30 day warranty. Hmmm.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

No they have been there for a while now. JJP also sold some WOZ at some point on Amazon. I was about to buy it there and get 24 months no interest.

Interesting. The 5% cash back makes for a nice no-hassle transaction.

#5 4 years ago

You can add a three year protection plan for $57.99.

#6 4 years ago

Hmmmn....that’s not a bad deal

3224B5E3-7087-4533-A43A-161937317F27 (resized).png3224B5E3-7087-4533-A43A-161937317F27 (resized).png
    #7 4 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Hmmmn....that’s not a bad deal[quoted image]

I wonder how calling the Amazon 24/7 tech support line with a failed node board issue would go?

#8 4 years ago

Free Shipping with Prime as well and you have to pay taxes.

#9 4 years ago

I think it’s a limited selection too not many les

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from andrewket:

Interesting. The 5% cash back makes for a nice no-hassle transaction.

What’s the 5% back?

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What’s the 5% back?

Amazon branded Visa cards offer 5% cash back on purchases through Amazon. I assume that's what was referenced.

#12 4 years ago

You’d have to be nuts to buy a pinball machine this way.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

With the smokin’ deal on that 3 year protection plan, you’d be nuts not to!

#14 4 years ago

Sure wish I bought my Wonka this way. Full refund for my pooled and peeling playfield art.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Many of us have sent thousands by PayPal F&F or cashiers check to people we've never met (albeit reputable Pinsiders) for used games with zero warranty, so this seems extremely sane in comparison. But I'm guessing you'd say anything but cash on the glass is nuts.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Amazon branded Visa cards offer 5% cash back on purchases through Amazon. I assume that's what was referenced.

Yes. The store card or the Chase Visa. You can also use Smile to donate 0.5% to the charity of your choice. And if you want to get really creative, you can set up a merchant account and collect the commissions on the sale.

#17 4 years ago

No shipping to Canada... screwed again

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lets see! I think Levi's point would be 9K plus for a DP Prem and 7K plus for a DP pro. Going to pay list price or way above for a game.

#19 4 years ago

Interesting to get community feedback from someone buying a nib pin this way. Walmart sells Stern Pro’s, but Amazon deal looks much better.

#20 4 years ago

Who the heck is this?? Middleman for distributor if something breaks?

4D76B467-0A68-40E3-9353-ECBBF136FFE7 (resized).png4D76B467-0A68-40E3-9353-ECBBF136FFE7 (resized).png
    #21 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Who the heck is this?? Middleman for distributor if something breaks?[quoted image]

I don’t know about now but I think Asurion was also the optional insurance you’d get through Verizon like 10 years ago if your phone was lost, stolen, or broke.

#22 4 years ago

Very interesting. So Amazon is acting as a distributor (at least for the ones that say ‘Shipped and Sold by Amazon’). Other than what it could do to distributors, why as a consumer am I supposed to find this to be a bad thing?

The prices are in line with anything else once you take free shipping into account.

#23 4 years ago

Looks to be the same prices as my local distributor, with free shipping...crazy and great for consumer, not so much for distributors.

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Who the heck is this?? Middleman for distributor if something breaks?

It's a third-party insurance provider. Read the fine print though. If they really pay shipping and labor to repair anything that breaks in the first three years that is a money loser.

#26 4 years ago

Looks like “peelings” that do not impede the mechanical functionality are NOT covered.

#27 4 years ago

3A1BACED-769E-445D-A481-C7C73F72A388 (resized).jpeg3A1BACED-769E-445D-A481-C7C73F72A388 (resized).jpeg

Still, not bad for $58. One node board and you’re on your way to savings! Beats the crap out of Stern’s 30 day warranty.

I can see distributors getting a ‘get out of jail free’ card by this. Good overall for everyone.

Why Distro’s don’t offer these plans directly is beyond me.

Who wouldn’t pay $200 for a 5-10 year policy? $500 for a ‘bumper to bumper’ ?

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

[quoted image]
    Who wouldn’t pay $200 for a 5-10 year policy? $500 for a ‘bumper to bumper’ ?

I wouldn't even think twice about getting one of these warranties and it would give me less stress and second thoughts buying a Spike node board type system.
    -Mike

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I wouldn't even think twice about getting one of these warranties and it would give me less stress and second thoughts buying a Spike node board type system.
    -Mike

Whoa, hold on a tick.

Sell inferior product with short life span. Check.

Zero warranty and high monetary company loss ‘goodwilling’ parts and repairs trying to save rep. Check.

Let third party insurer handle those losses at new owner purchase agreement with said 3rd party insurer. Uhm...what?

Amazon has it right. Stern, JJP. What have we learned...

#30 4 years ago

Stern and others will not give a real warranty, say 2 year leg to leg for original owner.
    So this is the next best thing.
    -Mike

#31 4 years ago

I almost got one this way a few years back when it was honoring a 20% discount for our wedding registry.

Sadly now that I do have space for one it won’t give us a discount for our baby registry, even if we add it on. Says it’s non essential

#32 4 years ago

Has anybody had experience with collecting for any damage with the Amazon 3rd party insurance?

$58.00 for 3 year bumper-to-bumper insurance sounds almost to good to be true. Especially since Pinball makers are not exactly generous with their warranty’s.

It reminds of these companies wanting to sell me parts and repair insurance. I have heard that these car repair insurers have all sorts of exclusions that allow them to weasel out of paying up.

#33 4 years ago

Some pros are priced ok while other models not so much. Free shipping to inside your house yes, but you have to pay sales tax as part of purchase. Added to my cart and total was $6263, presumably $464 or 8% for taxes.
    8B489275-10D2-4041-8967-7DF106E04407 (resized).jpeg8B489275-10D2-4041-8967-7DF106E04407 (resized).jpeg

#34 4 years ago

This is a good thing, IMO.

Machines have been available before (and still are), with ridiculous prices which gouge uninformed consumers.

To Amazon's credit, they are selling at SRP. All the other retailers selling Sterns through Amazon are massively inflated (usually by 4 figures).

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would MUCH rather deal with Amazon over a distributor on a new Stern...not even close.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I would MUCH rather deal with Amazon over a distributor on a new Stern...not even close.

Multimillion (billion?) dollar international corporation vs pinball makers. Yeah. Sure.

Amazon customer service kicks light year ass over them.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Multimillion (billion?) dollar international corporation vs pinball makers. Yeah. Sure.

Pretty sure they'll take back machines with chipping pfs and craters like the surface of the moon, too ... and they'll demand that the manufacturer recognises they're faulty and takes them back. Might mean this issue finally gets fixed. If Stern and others want pinball to go to the next level, they need e-tailers like Amazon on board.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Wow

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

More like multibillion close to a trillion. They have amazing customer service. I once bought a 2500 dollar tv and there was a shipping issue and they told me to keep it for free. They definitely take care of their customers.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from SkillShot:

More like multibillion close to a trillion. They have amazing customer service. I once bought a 2500 dollar tv and there was a shipping issue and they told me to keep it for free. They definitely take care of their customers.

Best customer service ever . I’ve returned like 3-4 TVs no hassles no questions nothing .
    They came
    And picked it up

#41 4 years ago

I screwed up and didn’t jump on a prime and amazon shipped AC/DC premium for 6K about a year ago. The price was only up for a few days, then went back up to a more normal price. Haven’t seen a discounted price like that again.

#42 4 years ago

I immediately checked into an imdn prem. 7495 plus free shipping. Will need to pay tax. 60 bucks for a 3 year warranty. If you do get the 5% cash back credit card this is not a bad deal. Everybody knows somebody or some way to save off the list price, but if that warranty truly works, it definitely worth the few hundred bucks I would save buying it from a friend.

#43 4 years ago

Although it’s tempting to go through amazon my personal take is distributors will back u up if there is an issue , not that amazon won’t let’s say black knight had that upper play field add on u can only get from distributor how is amazon going to do that ? I wonder

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I don’t know about now but I think Asurion was also the optional insurance you’d get through Verizon like 10 years ago if your phone was lost, stolen, or broke.

Correct.

Coincidentally, I just used them to replace a busted iPhone. Got a refurb replacement in a couple days. The only complaint about the experience is the refurb’s battery is good for half a ay before it needs a charge.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grizlyrig:

-Mike

"Spike mode board type" ?
    All spikes or some are different?
    Thanks

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

then don't!

#47 4 years ago

I don't know how I feel about this. I guess it gives more visibility to the brand but at the end of the day buying online cannot give you the trust and comfort of dealing with some of the great assets to this community, our distributors. I personally would not do this but I don't fault anyone who would.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I don't know how I feel about this. I guess it gives more visibility to the brand but at the end of the day buying online cannot give you the trust and comfort of dealing with some of the great assets to this community, our distributors. I personally would not do this but I don't fault anyone who would.

You’re still dealing with distributors. Amazon isn’t a stern distributor, are they? I was under the impression Distro’s are marketing in larger volume like Wally World or Amazing...

#49 4 years ago

How much do you want to bet Amazon pulls out of this market once they realize the expensive quality control and distributor issues with their 3 year protection plan? Stern node board goes bad, they pass the buck on to a Stern distributor. JJP playfield turns to crap, Amazon/Asurion will be tasked with working out a replacement playfield or game directly with JJP. Your new Spooky game gets forklifted and arrives completely destroyed. How are they going to handle that as well for such a small price??

Sounds like an utter nightmare for them.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from andrewket:

Mods: Feel free to move this thread... I wasn't sure where to put this.
    It appears Amazon is now selling Stern pins. Is this new?
    amazon.com link »

They had a Deadpool return that was a pretty great price not that long ago.

There are 100 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amazon-is-now-selling-stern-pins/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.