Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Poc_Ket2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hey all! I have a strange issue. I recently replaced the original backbox bulbs in #AmazonHunt with leds and took some of the working original bulbs to replace a few dead ones in the playfield. After i was done I went to play (obviously!) And here is what I discovered. There is now about a 10 second "lag" where no points will be scored. When it does catch up *most* triggers are registered. It seems they may be a limit to the buffer. I have simce removed all leds and returned to game to its previous state, but still have the "lag". Notable: the "lag" restarts every ball, and every player.

Amazon Hunt is a rare 1985 production, system 80a/80b Hybrid design

Any help/ideas/questions are welcome!

#2 2 years ago

Have you done the rest of the modifications to your game that must be done with most Sys80 games? Ground mods, filter cap, check for battery damage.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:Have you done the rest of the modifications to your game that must be done with most Sys80 games? Ground mods, filter cap, check for battery damage.

I am not sure. Is there a direction you could point me? For references/directions ?

#4 2 years ago

Also, notable, Is there are already 3 leds that have been in the machine since I got several years ago. 2 in the backboard and 1 in the playfield

#5 2 years ago

probably start here. there are some notable issues with this system with regard to grounds among other things.
your issue may simply be a grounding issue. that would be nice.
however you may need to deep dive here:
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80

#6 2 years ago

UPDATE: I took the glass off the playfield and triggered everything. After that, the lag has not happened again (3x games played)

I am hesitant to put the leds back in. And I did leave the 3 leds that were already present in.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

probably start here. there are some notable issues with this system with regard to grounds among other things.
your issue may simply be a grounding issue. that would be nice.
however you may need to deep dive here:
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80

Thanks, I will check out that link!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amazon-hunt-lag and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.