(Topic ID: 132198)

Amazon Hunt drop target issues

By Toyguy

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Toyguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I'm hoping someone may have some insights into this, or seen something similar. Our co-op has an Amazon Hunt that is blowing the F11 fuse. The first time it occurred we thought we had tracked it down to a bad coil, so we changed that to no effect. More troubleshooting led us to suspect the transistors for the right drop target bank, specifically the reset ones if I remember correctly, might be internally shorted. We pulled and replaced those and everything worked fine. We played quite a large number of games with no issue, until we came in the next day to find that the banks would not reset when a game was started. Sure enough, it was blowing the F11 fuse again within 5-10 seconds of power on.

This time we took no chances. We replaced all the coils on both banks, and all the transistors associated with them. We also inspected all the ground mods and straps and tidied up any questionable ones. Again, all worked well after this for a large number of games. The next day, however, after a couple of games were played, the drops didn't reset on a new game and F11 was popping again.

The guy who owns the machine is willing to invest in it but we'd like to keep his cost down if we can. We're leaning toward some sort of power supply issue but we'd rather not have him buy one only to find the problem remains, though it may come to that.

If anyone has any thoughts on what might be going wrong here and causing this thing to essentially short out the transistors every few cycles, we'd love to hear them.

Dave

#4 8 years ago

Yeah, F11 is only associated with the drops. Once the fuse has blown, all other functions of the game continue to work fine.

It is truly a weird one...

#6 8 years ago

I'll see if I can grab a scan of the schematic, but we also changed the pre-drivers at the same time we shotgunned the drivers and coils.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Toyguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/amazon-hunt-drop-target-issues?tu=Toyguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.